X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane Wreck - Pine Forest

John nodded his head as Koishi mentioned the scrap metal and her plan for John to weld them together with his Energy Sword, but the very moment she mentioned the crabs and strange creatures, he suddenly stopped and looked at Koishi with a confused look on his face.

"Crabs swinging on trees? Wait, what do you mean 'crabs swinging on trees'? What other creatures have you seen?", John asked Koishi in a confused tone.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Plane Crash

"I mean, crabs swinging form tree to tree, come look." Koishi turned and headed back outside of the plane, looking up at the trees, where the sound of rustling could be heard.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

As John followed Koishi outside of the plane, he could hear the sound of rustling in the trees, as if there were many, many creatures climbing through them. At that very moment, John looked up to where Koishi was looking, trying to see these "Tree Crabs".
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

"Crabs swinging from tree to tree?" Yukari overheard John and Koishi's conversation from inside the back portion of the plane. She managed to find a pretty large aluminum water bottle and a heavy-duty flashlight from a backpack on her own, while helping John make a catalog for everything they've found.

When she hopped out of the plane, John and Koishi was walking towards the deeper part of the forest. "I must see what this is about." Yukari said to herself as she sprinted towards the two, not wanting to miss out all the fun.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Forest

Up in the trees, they appeared, dozens of huge crabs, almost the size of Koishi, as she said, swinging from tree to tree, snatching up leaves and even birds while they did so.

http://rpowell77.deviantart.com/art/...Crab-283960523

"See, I told you." Koishi said, crossing her arms. "I wonder how they taste."
            Last edited by Koishi; 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Pine Forest

John stared on with his mouth slightly open in surprise as he watched the child-sized crabs swinging from the trees, snatching up birds and leaves with ease. To be honest, John would not have believed it until he saw it. Sure, he came from a universe where alien creatures were common, but they still occasionally surprised him, especially on an occasion such as this. As John stared at the crabs in the trees, he could hear the sounds of fast-paced footsteps behind Koishi and himself, prompting him to turn around and see Yukari running towards them.

"Looks like we found a possible food source... Care for seafood?", John jokingly asked Yukari in a deadpan tone as he pointed at the crabs swinging in the trees.
              Last edited by S121; 05-02-2014, 12:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

Yukari caught up to John to find that Koishi was literal word for word. There were crabs, dozens of them, all at least the size of a human child, swinging around the trees like Chimpanzees. They were covered in fur-like bristles, and their body was full of sharp spines. All in all, they looked horrible.

"Uh... no thanks." Yukari grimaced as she looked about. "Are they... hostile?"
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Forest

"I don't think they are. More often than not, creatures usually attack when they are threatened, or in the case of predators, hungry. I don't think they would attack us on the spot, but if we agitate them, they will most likely protect themselves. Besides, I don't think their diet consists of large creatures like humans and the like.", John said to Yukari as he walked a step closer to one of the nearby trees and looked up at the crabs, taking care not to get too close.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

The crabs kept swinging along. Koishi had an idea.

"Hey, John, you think you could cut down this tree quickly? Might catch some crabs that way. Might not be as fast if they have nothing to swing from." Koishi thought, looking over to John.

Comment

Pine Forest

As John stared at the unusually large crabs, he heard Koishi ask about cutting the tree down. The crabs could easily be used as another food source, but they didn't need them yet, not until their food supply ran out, or at least came close.

"Maybe, but we already have food, and my Energy Sword only has a few charges before it will go out. I could use the hatchet Yukari found, but you would need to ask her about it.", John said to Koishi as he looked over to her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

"Hmph." Koishi said, looking at the tree.

"What if we both kick it, and shake the tree up. Might cause one or two to fall. It might be nice to see if they are edible before that point." Koishi suggested.

Comment

Pine Forest

John looked up at the tree, then at Koishi. She did have a point. They didn't want to find out that the crab meat was poisonous after it was already too late. If anything, they would be able to have a final confirmation on whether or not it was an alternative food source.

"Okay, we'll try them out.", John calmly said as he approached the tree and got ready to kick it as hard as he could.

"Ready?", John asked Koishi.
                          sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

Koishi approached the tree from the same side and readied herself, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, ready." Koishi answered.

Comment

Pine Forest

"Now.", John said as he slammed his foot as hard as he could against the trunk of the tree.
                              sigpic

Comment

Forest

Koishi also kicked at the same time, causing the tree to wobble and shake. As Koishi thought, plummeting from the trees was one of the crabs. It landed on it's back, leaving it defenseless, for the most part. It snapped it's claws in disapproval and panic, while it's small barbed tail waved around.

Koishi pulled out the knife. "You want to do it, or shall I?"

Comment

Working...
                                X