X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Forest

After Koishi asked about whether or not she should kill it, John looked at the creature to assess how dangerous it was. John saw the barbed tail waving about, and knowing how strong that crab probably was, it could possibly impale someone. Taking that into account, John decided that he should kill the crab.

"I'll do it. I don't want you getting hurt.", John calmly said to Koishi.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Forest

Koishi flipped the knife around to the sharp end, and gave the handle to John.

"Watch out for that tail. Might be poisoned." Koishi warned, and considering the bright purple color of the tail, it seemed likely.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Pine Forest

John nodded at Koishi as he grabbed his knife. He had a feeling that Koishi was right. As John watched the tail flail about, he tried to think of a way to safely deal with it. John knew his reflexes were fast enough for him to catch the tail, but the barbs would cut his hands. What he needed was a way to pin the tail so that he could remove it. Once the tail was gone, he would be able to go in for the kill. After a moment of thought, John looked over to one of the nearby fallen branches in the forest and lightly smiled as he waked over to it placed his combat knife in between his teeth. After that, John grabbed the tree branch and hoisted it near the crab. As John got into position, he placed one side of the heavy branch next to the crab, and using the branch's length, John walked over to the other side of the crab with the other side of the branch in hand. Once he was in position, John dropped the branch onto the crab's tail with enough force to embed the barbs into the wood. Thanks to the weight of the branch, the crab's tail would not be able to break free.

"Problem solved.", John muttered as he looked at the crab's claws.

After the tail was pinned, John removed his combat knife from his mouth as he approached the crab from the rear, making sure that the crab would not be able to reach him with its claws, and as soon as John was within striking distance, he quickly slammed down into the center of the crab with his knife, hoping to pierce the crab's shell.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Forest

The crab squealed as the knife punctured through it's hide, and started flailing around further, though to no avail.

"Well, I guess the knife works." Koishi said.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Pine Forest

Seeing how he missed the heart, John decided to strike an area that would guarantee the kill. With a sudden, quick movement, John pulled the knife out of the crab's abdomen and slammed the knife down into the crab's brain, putting the crab out of it's misery. After that, John waited to see if there were any other signs of life.
            sigpic

Comment

Forest

The crab twitched for a bit, before finally dying from the sharp blade.

"Well. I guess we should start a fire to cook it." Koishi said. "Wouldn't want to eat it raw."

Comment

Forest

"Yea...", John said as he pulled his knife out from the crab's head and stood back up.

To be honest, he never really liked the smell of crab very much, and this particular crab smelled more than the average, red variety.

"Go drag it back to the plane. Kenway and Taokaka might be willing to help out with cooking or preparing it. I still have to take a look at the cockpit and weld up the plane.", John calmly said to Koishi as he grabbed a handful of leaves off the ground and cleaned his knife.

After cleaning it, he handed it back to Koishi.
                sigpic

Comment

Forest

Koishi took the knife and put it safely in her hat. She picked up the dead crab and hoisted it over her shoulder.

"Alrighty. Have fun with your driving stuff." Koishi said, walking back towards the plane. Meanwhile, in the brush beyond, two large, lizard-like eyes peered silently at John. The eyes were barely noticable from John's position, and disappeared soon after, the slight shuffling of the brush being the only sign anyone was there at all.

Comment

Forest

John watched as Koishi dragged the crab away until she was near the plane, but right as a nearby bush began to rustle, John quickly darted his head over to it, pulled out his Energy Sword, turned it on, and got into a wide stance within a split second. After the bush stopped rustling, John slowly turned his gaze over to Yukari, taking care in case something jumped out of the bushes.

"Did you see what that was?", John asked Yukari in a serious tone, still on edge in case something attacked.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

"I don't see it, what is it?" Yukari asked confoundedly, looking at the general direction of where John was looking at. "Was it some creature or what?"
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Forest

"I don't know.", John said as he turned his gaze back to the bushes.

as John stood there, he thought about the risks of approaching the bush. For all he knew, there could be a creature with razor-sharp claws and teeth, or something poisonous. It could possibly hurt him if he wasn't careful, or even kill him. Of course, if he didn't see what it was, it could possibly attack at a later time, when they weren't prepared. With that in mind, John spoke once more.

"Yukari, wait here. I'm going to see what that was.", John said to Yukari without taking his eyes off the bushes.

After speaking, John carefully approached the bushes with his Energy Sword, and right as soon as he got into position, John quickly moved some of the leaves out of his way and readied his sword for a strike... only to find nothing hiding behind the bushes. All the tension John had built up for the possible battle slowly whittled away until he was just slightly wary, and after a couple seconds of complete silence, John sighed as he let his head hand slightly loose with his eyes closed. Of course, when he opened them, his suspicions were only proven correct. Right below him were two thin holes in the ground. Usually, this wouldn't have been cause for concern, and most people would have assumed that they were nothing special, but John knew better. The holes in the ground were long and smooth, as if two large spikes had impaled the ground. There was nothing that could have made those holes except for a creature, most likely one with stilted legs. It was in the perfect position for the creature to be hidden behind the bush, and some of the dirt was even displaced as if it had decided to run away.

Just then, John noticeably tensed his body back up, as if he saw something.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pine Forest

Small indents on the trees could be seen, much like the one in the ground. But what was most curious was what looked like a crude arrow, pointing north west, and other indented trees.

Comment

Pine Forest

"What's wrong?" Yukari saw John twitching up. She held her hatchet up to ready stance and carefully walked towards John.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Forest

"There was something here-", John said as he turned his head over toward Yukari, only to be interrupted by the sight of more indentations, along with what looked like a crude arrow scratched into the tree next to him.

"..."

"Something tells me that we're not the only ones here.", John said to Yukari as he motioned over to the ground, then at the tree with the arrow and indentations on it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X