Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President's Room - Devon Corporation - Rustboro City

"...it is almost time, isn't it?"

The new president rose from his seat in anticipation for the incoming ceremony. He tucked his tuxedo in to make sure he looked as crisp as possible. He was standing in the president's room: a rich mix of antique furnitures and velvet carpet. The furnitures of course will have to go: the new president is a modern man and he will show it with his room design. The velvet carpet, though, will probably stay.

He paced himself back and forth until he stepped towards a large window that spanned the entire side of a wall. He stared down at the crowd: people from all over Hoenn and even some from other regions came to congratulate his rise into power. He wasn't prideful about it... not like his younger, more arrogant self. Oh how foolish he was back then.

Then he saw her.

The black-haired girl with headphones on her ears listening to music, her eyes too blue to be human and her skin too pale for her own hair.

Caitlyn, his daughter.

"Mr. President, it is soon time." A lady's voice spoke from the large polished wooden gate. The new president looked up from daze and walked towards a mirror to check his suit. Staring back from that mercury wall behind was a red-haired man in clean-cut suit and glasses.

Maxie.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

Sela heard the Aid and followed him into the lab. Once in, she saw that the lab was a bit different than the other labs she been in, she even saw a professor in what looks like cargo shorts and sandles?! She looks at him with a "that's odd" kind of look. Her Eevee watches everything from under her hat, with it's head poking out.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot Town

After the Scientist told those with 3 on their tickets to enter the lab Andrew quickly bolted into the lab shortly after both Sela and the girl with headphones had entered the lab, and had actually nearly trampled a few students in the process.

Once he was inside the lab he began looking around, getting easily distracted by nearly everything he saw before eventually looking forward. "So where are the Pokemon?" Andrew asked, being a little impatient about getting his first Pokemon.

Comment

"Relax, young man." The professor wearing lab coat with cargo shorts and blue shirt underneath approached the three. He held up a simple tray for holding Pokeballs. There were three Pokeballs. "Here are the selection of three that you can choose. We prepared a choice of three for everyone out there, so everyone can get a fair chance of three."

The professor first approached Andrew. "So, what Pokemon will you pick, young man?"

Petalburg City

Morningtime in Petalburg City was tranquil and bustling at the time. While the city lacked the huge skyscrapers like in Rustboro City, the town resembled a suburban San Francisco.

"So this is Hoenn." Nick, a dark skinned boy in his late teen years with small afro, blue wetsuit shirt, and cargo pants stepped out of the cruise that carried passengers from Johto to Hoenn and back regularly. His eyes shone with determination and a bit of whimsy. He looked at the boy next to him: a friend that he has known ever since he was in kindergarten. "So, Mr. Draky-boy. What do you think?"
          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 06-18-2014, 02:36 AM.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Petalburg City

Daniel stepped off the cruise ship as he looks at his old friend Nick. His Pokemon a still young Pikachu sleeping on his shoulder, yawns and stretches as it continues to sleep. He then turned to Nick before turning back to look at Petalburg. To be honest Drake was not all too thrilled as he looked at Petalburg city in all its glory. In fact it kinda reminded him of Cherrygrove City back home in Johto.

"Eh I'm not all too impressed. Reminds me a bit of Cherrygrove City." Daniel said as he stretched a bit, he took out the Pokeball for his Pikachu that Professor Elm had given him before he left. He then with a push of his button called his Pikachu who he had given the name of Bolt into its Pokeball.

"Okay now where to next? To be honest now that I'm here I don't know what I want to do." Said Daniel as he smacked his face, he really hadn't thought of what he was going to do once he finally got her in Hoenn.

Comment

Petalburg City

"I guess we could visit the local expert of Pokemon here." Nick responded as the two left the Petalburg port and approached the center of the city where citizens gather for recreation and relaxation. Pokemon trainers duke it out with their Pokemon in battles, but battles aren't the only thing the citizens enjoy in the central park. "Professor Birch or whatever his name is, we could hop down over there and ask him what to do, or we can just go train and get all the Hoenn badges."

Devon Corp. - Rustboro City

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to welcome Mr. Zacharia Stone, previous CEO of Devon Corp." The announcer began, and the people clapped in respect for the elderly man on stage. He was the man that pioneered the dying Devon Corp. into one of the most prosperous company in Hoenn region, if not the entire Pokemon world. Leaving his legacy behind, he began a speech... a speech that probably didn't matter much: a speech that isn't worth recording on this.

"...and so, I would like to hand over the presidency of Devon Corporation to this talented individual who has turned from the bad and done many service for the good of the Pokemon world." Mr. Stone finished his speech with an introduction as a man clad in red tuxedo and wearing glasses with attached computers and other strange small devices appeared from inside the company building. The crowd began cheering louder than before.

"Mister Maxie Matsubusa."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Devon Corp. Fairgrounds, Rustboro City - (@Wriggle)

Juri couldn't see the president of Devon Corp. on her approach to the fairgrounds. Whoever he was, he was many, many stories up and too out of sight for the woman to see him. If she had somehow caught a glimpse of him, her mood would have changed dramatically. But, as well as she didn't, Juri turned her attention to the welcoming ceremony before her.

It was a good turnout. People from all regions and walks of life were here, and why wouldn't they be? The Devon Corp. was a technological powerhouse that rivaled Silph Co. and many others in various regions. Plus, new management meant new development, and people were suckers for new gadgets like the PokeNAV and Item Finder. Already Juri could see the people were getting themselves situated with their pokemon companions and children. They wouldn't have to be distracted here.

As the announcer started up some kind of speech, no doubt for the old fart on the stage, Juri busied herself with priming the area with the IEDs. She dropped a pokeball into a trashcan, rolled a few under bleachers, placed some behind wooden objects for a splinter effect, and she even managed to get a couple under the stage. The rest of the balls were for Ripley, her Purloin, to take care of. No-one seemed to care that the purple feline was slinking through the main seating area with a few pokeballs, but then again, hiding in plain sight was something a thief did.

When all was said and done Juri and her companion sauntered out from the fairgrounds and took a seat on a bench at the south entrance where she could look on from relative safety. She crossed a leg over the other and folded her arms with a proud smile on her face as she waited. All she could do now was wait. She kept the weak Koffing in the 'special' white pokeball and occasionally played with it in her hands to pass the time.

Then, Juri saw him. The old leader of Team Magma himself, Maxie, was up there like a preening rooster. No, this ceremony was for him as the new president of the Devon Corp! A surge of anger and irritation gripped Juri at the sight. She stood up and clenched her fists as she looked on, giving the old leader a firm death-glare. If she felt any bit of hesitation about priming the ceremony, she sure as hell didn't feel any now.

"Maxie... If you survive this," Juri hissed under her breath, "I'm going to make you wish you didn't."

Comment

Andrew looked at the three Pokeball's offered to him, and began to contemplate which one to choose.

"Which one oh which one..." Andrew murmured to himself as he continued to think of which one to choose... However after a few minutes Andrew closed his eyes as he began to move his hand over the three Pokeball's, eventually lowering down and picking one on the far left.

Comment

"Ladies and gentlemen." Maxie began his speech on a podium, standing out into the crowd. His eyes were stern and calculating as he located where his daughter is. "It is my utmost pleasure to be selected as the next president of the Devon Corporation. This privilege is even greater of honor to me because of how you, loyal members of the company, has overlooked my flawed past and accepted me to do good in the Pokemon world."

As Maxie continued his speech, Juri could feel two light taps on her waist. It was a signal that only the Team Magma members know: it is time to act.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

"It's time to start the party..."

Juri felt a smile corrupt her scowl and allowed it to come to fruition. What was the point in staying angry when all was going to be well in a few minutes? She tapped her waist and felt for her belt, feeling the device that Team Magma gave her. It had to be a transmitter of some kind, but no matter. It allowed the higher-ups to know where she was and how her progress was. It would do for now.

With a flourish and a snap of her hand, Juri released the white Premier ball from her hold and sent it reeling into the middle of the audience. She was essentially throwing the signal right into the middle of the group so all the explosives would go off without a hitch. An ordinary, normal person who thought things through wouldn't have entertained the idea of hurting innocent civilians, but for Juri, she didn't give a damn whatsoever.

Comment

"KOFFING!" Somebody shouted among the crowd as if a soldier shouted grenade. The Koffing deployed by Juri began glowjng red, then white, then blue, then...

BTOOOOM

The crowd went into mass hysteria as they scrambled towards the exit; trying to escape the self-destruction. The detonation was the size of that of a hand grenade, and two people were killed in the blast. As the smoke cleared out, the fairgrounds were empty except for Juri, Maxie, that girl who was sitting on the bench, that tall black man with an Elekid, and a couple others who were brave and gallant enough to withstand the self-destruction of a Koffing.

"What's going on? Why was there a Koffing using Self-Destruct in the middle of a large crowd?" A hiker asked, his hands instinctively reaching his Pokeball.

"Was it a trainer's Pokemon? Did the trainer accidentally deploy the Koffing?" A lady trainer hypothesized, her voice shaky.

"No. Only Voltorbs and Electrodes can detonate on their own. The Koffing was instructed to explode himself by somebody." The tall black man with an Elekid stepped up. He wasn't necessarily too handsome, but he looked decent, like a supporting actor for a high-school movie. He was dressed cleanly, with red long-sleeve sweater and black pants. "I don't know if that trainer is still with us here or not, but if he is... then he probably has more detonating Pokemon ready."

"Do not worry. My Camerupt will handle any trainer up to no good." Maxie deployed his Camerupt: a 6'3" tall camel Pokemon with two volcano-like humps on top of his orange fur.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Juri was quick to dart out of the way when the frightened audience turned tail and ran for their lives. She pressed up against a wall and watched as a stampede of terrified people burst from the fairgrounds and into the city. They would be helping Juri and Neo Magma by being witnesses to the chaos, chaos which they caused by freaking out. But it wasn't enough for Juri, not by a long shot.

The Koffing seemed like it was just an appetizer, but it was supposed to be much more than that. It was supposed to be a signal for the other concealed pokemon to explode, thus creating more casualties. Juri was miffed when the explosions didn't get set off, but she wasn't about to go out into the fairgrounds and see to them herself. Already the few survivors, Maxie included, seemed to be ready for a fight or a battle. However, Juri wasn't prepared to send out her companion in head-on battles anytime soon. The Purloin was quick and agile, but she wasn't a powerhouse.

"Come on you stupid things," Juri grumbled as she waited for more explosions. "Do your job..."

Comment

"Was that a terrorist attack? What happened?" Another trainer, fearful of what happened just now, stuttered as he reached for his pockets for his Pokeball.

"I think somebody had a vendetta against the Devon Corporation's new president." Maxie observed. "If anything, it could be-"

BTOOOOOOM

Secondary explosions from the other deployed self-destruction Pokemon caused the ground to rumble and the sky to scream. Some parts of the Devon Corporation building began to crumble as the explosion was much louder and much more violent than the Koffing. The remaining trainers all ducked for cover as the building debris began to fall on them, while Maxie hid behind his Camerupt who blasted the incoming debris away with his Lava Plume. The black-haired girl merely stared at the debris as they fell on her, but she was able to evade them; all of them, by mere inches.

Route 101

The Fletchling looked at Okuu, chirped happily, and began taking off. With a quick flap of her wings, she began flying circles around Okuu, chirping and dizzying the little Larvitar.

"Alright, now you choose one from your tray." Professor Birch turned to Sela as one of his assistant brought a new set of 3 Pokeballs to him.
                            Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 06-22-2014, 01:53 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

"I know which one I want. Which one is Treeko?" Sela asks quickly. Her Eevee thens plops Sela's nose. "You are right Eevee. I'm sorry about that Professor. I would like to pick Treeko." Sela said apologizing for a slight rudeness in the quickness of asking.
                              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

"That's alright. Some people have preferences and I want to respect that." Professor Birch said to Sela as he called over the same assistant. "This young lady wants a Treecko. Do we have..."

"We have one, bred and hatched in the imcubator, that is Lv: 5." The assistant answered.

"Good. Give that Treecko to her. I'm sure the Treecko would love to have a trainer to depend on." Professor Birch nodded and ordered. The assistant nodded as well and briskly walked off towards a safe-like door, opened it, and entered. Professor Birch then turned to the lady in purple. "Now, you can choose a Pokemon from here, miss..."

"You can call me Glitch." The lady in purple, Glitch, reached into her pocket and drew out a paper. "I think Professor Juniper wanted me to give this to you."

"She did? Then I'll take the letter." Professor Birch reached out to grab Glitch's paper and began reading it. "Uh huh... uh huh... I see. You can follow me to the incubator then. The two of you can follow me as well."

Professor Birch trodded off towards the safe door, which was revealed to be a door to a large Pokemon incubator, where young Pokemon freshly hatched from an egg can grow to become Lv: 5, the optimal level for a Pokemon to become a starter. Glitch followed suit, contrasting Professor Birch's short height with her long, supermodel-like legs.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X