Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC]Hoenn Confirmed - A Pokemon RP

Hoenn Confirmed

High up in the skies, a long dragon Pokemon, green like emerald, slithered through the clouds, patrolling and looking down on the Hoenn region below. Everything looked calm and quiet. Wild Pokemon flourished in the forests, under the waters, on the mountains, and throughout the plains. Cities, towns, and villages coexisted with Pokemon, and so were the humans in those habitations. This was the perfect Hoenn region this Pokemon sought out for, not that wretched disaster that occurred a few hundred years ago.

The Pokemon sighed. It was horrible to think of that disaster... when foolish actions of humans awakened the legendary Pokemon Groudon and Kyogre. They thrashed for days, nearly bringing the apocalypse to the Hoenn region and all of Pokemon world. If it wasn't for the Pokemon's actions, the Pokemon world would not have existed. Similar event nearly happened merely a year ago, when Groudon and Kyogre waged a war in Sootopolis City.

"It is fortunate that that trainer awoke me from my own deep slumber." The Pokemon, Rayquaza of the skies, muttered in Pokemon language. To humans, this sounds like a distant cry too faint to be audible. "Otherwise, this region I love would have been dissolved to nothing."

Rayquaza moved onward to continue patrolling the vast sky that is his territory. Underneath the earth's crusts and the turbulent seas, unknown to the master of the sky, the two ancient Pokemon are plotting their return... and this time, there will be no Rayquaza to stop them.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Port Town near Littleroot Town

Stepping off a cruise ship from the Kalos region is a girl with sky blue, spiky pigtail hair and dressed in red, black and brown is Sela. A veteran trainer with 3 years of travelling and 3 years off travelling to study and help around her town. "The Hoenn region, a new region means new battles and new Pokémon." She said in a cheerful voice. Suddenly her hat started to move. Sela looks up and a Eevee pops out from under it. "Morning Eevee. We are in the Hoenn region now." Sela said the the waking Eevee. This Eevee is a bit different then normal Eevees. Not only was it smaller then normal, it's fur was a darker brown and it's white fur was a bit silver. It's not a shiny, just it's fur is a different shade. Sela grabs her Eevee and places it on her right shoulder. "Let's go see the Professor and get a new family member, shal we?" Sela asks as she walks off the ramp and pets her Eevee with her right hand. "Vee ve." Eevee says happily.
    Last edited by Zekai; 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Littleroot Town - Hoenn Region

It was early in the morning, the sun was shining on a small house within the quiet town of Littleroot. On the second floor of this house a young man with dirty blonde hair, and a red outfit worthy of a new journey could be seen running back and forth through his bedroom. By the looks of it this person was excited for some reason.

"YESYESYES!! Today is the day I get to start my journey! No more will I be just some kid in Littleroot! For my big journey and mission to become a strong Pokemon trainer begins today!" The boy yelled as he ran over to his closet door. As he stood before his closet door he quickly flung it open and began digging through the piles of clothes, and video games he had stored away in his closet.

"Oh where is it? I know it's around here somewhere!... Aha! There it is!" Andrew said as he took out a small photograph of another young man that looked like Andrew, except with longer brown hair, and red eyes. Andrew held the photograph as he looked at it intently. After a few minutes Andrew quickly shoved it into his front pocket. Andrew had a smug, and determined look on his face as he quickly ran out of his room, down the hall, down the stairs, and right through the living room.

As he ran into the living room he stopped as he gave his parents one last hug goodbye before he went off on his journey. After he did so his parents just looked at him with a smile on their faces... one of both happiness, and worry. They were saddened that their only son is now going off to get his own Pokemon and begin on his journey... Something they really didn't want him to do, but... at least he was happy and excited about his upcoming quest to become a strong Pokemon trainer. After he hugged and said goodbye to his parents he left his home and is now on his way to the Professor Birch's place to get his first Pokemon.

Comment

Rustboro City, Eastern Back Alleys - @Wriggle

"What kind of Pokemon is that?" asked a boy as he watched a purple cat linger around a young couple. The cat-like creature was careful to avoid the moving feet as it made its way through the streets. "It doesn't look to be from here..."

"Maybe it's a trainer's Pokemon?" offered the boy's mother as she smiled at her child.

"I hope it's not," muttered an older man. He pointed to the creature and watched as it managed to pickpocket the young couple and make off before they wised up. "What kind of trainer would allow that?"

The purple cat, a Purloin, dashed through open legs and over obstacles before disappearing into the alleys of the bustling city of Rustboro. The air was dank in the dark, cramped corridors, but at least it was safe from prying eyes. After making a few turns here and there, the cat came to a stop near a woman skulking in the shadows. For a moment the two stood in relative silence before the woman looked down and noticed a wallet in the Purloin's mouth.

A chuckle escaped the raven-haired woman's lips as she went to take the wallet. The Purloin tugged back for a moment before reluctantly letting go and allowing the woman to finger through the wallet's contents. A few expired credit cards, a gift card for a nearby cafe, and a good amount of Pokedollars was the prize. Pleased with the treasure, the raven-haired woman looked down to her companion with her violet eyes and gave it a thorough scratching behind the ears.

"Good work. Now we have some spending money if we ever decide to buy something here." The woman, Juri Han, scoffed and stood up once again. She discarded the desiccated wallet and reached for a phone in a pocket of her baggy pants. "Yeah, like that'll ever happen..."

Juri's fingers would travel over her phone and input the right number combination to call up her superiors in Team Magma. Most likely they would direct her call to some lackluster fool who didn't know the difference between a Pokeball and a Voltorb. It figured that they would leave her holding the bag for some lowlife grunt instead of letting her speak to one of the higher-ups. In a team, any team, there was always a leader and many subordinates. It was all a matter of working your way up from expendable to reliable, and the Admins had that covered already. If only Juri could do the same.

When the call connected to the right place, Juri didn't give the recipient the chance to answer.

"Hey, it's Han. I'm here in Rustboro, right on time. Somethin' special planned?"

Comment

Littleroot Town

Koishi sat on a bench near the Pokemon lab, relaxing and looking up to the sky. So much blue, was the thought that went through her mind. She hadn't fully adjusted to the splendor of the outdoors. The underground was mostly brown and gray, the occasional glow and illumination coming from either pokemon or the odd glowing mushrooms she had seen growing down there.

Next to her sat her friend Okuu, a little Larvitar, who was munching on a berry. Her small size made her look cute, though she could be quite threatening if it ever came to a fight, especially with a tough bite from teeth meant to chomp through stone and rock.

"So, where should we go? We got some food, water, everything we need. Besides, your parents could come up here and drag you back." Okuu asked.

"Um, well, I dunno. We could follow the road out of town. No idea where it goes." Koishi suggested. "Maybe someplace we could stay or somethin'?"

"That sounds nice. The grass is far softer than the rocks, at least." Okuu partially mumbled.

"True." Koishi agreed, munching on another berry.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Team Magma Hideout - ???

"Excellent, Han."

An unexpected voice called to Juri Han from the headquarters. It was Domino, one of the executives of Neo Team Magma. Domino was a grunt when Han first fought Team Magma, and when she joined the team he was promoted Executive. It is generally the case where Grunts managing the headquarters give the next mission to the Grunts out in the field, but seems like it's different this time.

"Your next mission, Han, should you choose to accept it..." Domino said over the phone, his voice cold and manipulative, like Han's. "Is being carried over to you by a Pelipper right now."

If Juri Han would look up to the sky, she would see a Pelipper gliding against the wind current towards where Juri Han is, her beak storing the information for her next mission.

Birch's Lab - Littleroot Town

The professor's lab is always bustling with people: even though Littleroot Town is a small dinky little village with barely 1500 people. Aspiring trainers and kids who turned 10 came to get their very own Pokemon. Scientists often came by to research Pokemon habitat and environment, and old, retired trainers donated some of their Pokemon here.

"I can't wait until I get my Pokemon!" A young boy next to Andrew said to his friend. "I wonder who my first friend will be?"

"I just want a strong Pokemon so I can become a strong Pokemon trainer." The girl that the young boy spoke to said cynically.
            Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 06-20-2014, 02:35 AM.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

As Andrew finally got to the Lab he saw a few new trainers were already there.

"Huh... looks like there are already people there. Don't tell me they are all there to get their Pokemon as well. I really don't want to wait." Andrew said to himself as he listened to the boy and the girl as they continued to speak. Andrew was obviously eager to get his Pokemon, but was annoyed by how much other people were here to get their own Pokemon as well. Since he had little to no choice but to wait he rested his hands behind his head as he let out a audible yawn, one out of boredom and even sleep deprivation due to the lack of sleep he had.

That was when he remembered something. He remembered seeing a young girl with a Pokemon of some kind sitting on a bench just outside the lab. Thinking about that girl and her Pokemon eating berries outside made her want a Pokemon even more...
              Last edited by SUSTIC; 06-08-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Littleroot Town

After catching a lift, Sela arrived in Littleroot Town much faster then if she ran. "Wow, look at the town Eevee." Sela said as she stands near the edge of the town. Eevee jumps down fron her shoulder. "Vee ve veveve." Eevee said motioning it's head for a let's go. Sela nods and they both jog to the lab where, when they arrive just a couple of minutes later, has a few trainers waiting. "Most of them look like first timers." Sela says thinking back to when she got her Fennikin in Kalos.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Juri scoffed at the words Domino chose. Excellent, she thought with a roll of her eyes. Excellent, as if walking through a forest and down a leisurely path filled with cheery faces and daisies to get to Rustboro was some kind of challenge. Still, she figured it was a bliss unlike any other to have your subordinate listen to you, let alone perform their duties to the letter. Domino had a right to revel in his glee, at least for the time being, and Juri wasn't about to rain on his parade. In all honesty, she was surprised to hear his voice, and she wasn't too proud to admit that she was a little unnerved by it.

Chalk it up as Deja Vu.

"Of course I'm going to accept it. I didn't come here to play games with little kids or marvel at rocks, that you know," Juri shot back through her phone. Telling the woman not to backtalk was like telling Asuna to calm down; it wasn't going to accomplish much. "Lemme look for the courier."

The Korean almost tripped over her companion as she sauntered out from the shadows and into a wide strip of alleyway, almost like a narrow, confined runway for shady types. Juri looked up and noticed the bulky white bird with a large yellow bill and blue accents riding the wind currents nearby. Despite all the crap going on behind the scenes and in plain sight in this world, Juri took some solace in knowing that Pokemon were amongst the few redeemable features of the world. Many were just simple creatures who never went out of their way to cause others harm, and while that was extraordinarily boring in Juri's book, she respected the creatures all the same, sometimes more than she did her fellow humans.

Her Purloin rubbed herself against the Korean's legs and weaved between them before sitting on her haunches in wait. Both master and companion looked ready for whatever was to come, and if anything, they looked restless.

"I see the Pelipper," Juri stated into her phone. She offered a small smile to her companion before steeling herself for Domino. "I've got just one question for you, Dom. Whatever the mission is, how's it gonna play out? Sneaky, or a statement?"

Comment

Team Magma Hideout - ???

"We're going to send a message," Domino smirked as he brushed his only Pokemon: a very well-trained Charmeleon. "And we will make it flashy. Check inside the Pelipper."

The Pelipper hovered next to Juri, her beak wide open. Inside were a few Pokeball and a piece of paper. The paper read the following:

DEVON CORPORATION PROMOTION CEREMONY

"Inside the Pokeball are some Voltorbs, Geodudes, and Koffings that know Self-Destruction." Domino explained. "I need you to place them all around the ceremony. They themselves will know when to detonate."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Littleroot Town

"Okay then." Koishi said as she finished the berry, wiping her mouth clean with her arm. "Let's go."

Okuu leapt down from the bench, and so, they were off. They passed by the pokemon lab and to the outskirts of the town. A large sign that read "ROUTE 101" greeted them.

"That's quite a lot of routes." Koishi commented.

"There's probably far more, too." Okuu replied.

To one side, a large patch of tall grass swayed back and forth in the cool breeze. It seemed the only way through, unless they wanted to scale a wall of rock. Okuu was the first to go in, though she soon found out the grass was taller than she was.

"It's like a maze in here." Okuu said.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

"May I have your attention please!" A scientist working for Professor Birch shouted from the entrance. "The professor has announced that there are sensitive Pokemon in the lab, and will not allow any more than 3 people per entry. Please grab a number here-"

And the crowd swarmed, eager to get an earlier number so that they can get a Pokemon first.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Gym Street - Rustboro City

Rustboro City was always a mixed city. Delving into the sciences and industry while existing on the outskirts of a forest, Rustboro City was a curious metropolis in the Hoenn region. Being the third biggest city and probably the wealthiest, due to the presence of Devon Corp., Rustboro had its share of bustling offices, rowdy children, and shady people. Over the course of a year, there were reports of thievery and the occasional mugging. A prime case being the tale of how a mysterious man dressed up in a blue bandana and a striped shirt stole a crate of cargo from Devon Corp. Most people laughed it off as a case of a madman in a pirate's outfit causing trouble but not many people knew as to what actually happened. Down Gym Street was another case of trouble. This time in the form of a couple of youngsters.

"What the heck do you mean 'you don't like shorts'?! Shorts are the best! They're comfy and easy to wear." A youngster yelled to the other. The debate and debacle between the two had drawn in a crowd in the area surrounding the youngsters. The tension felt thick as the youngsters argued and argued. It was only a matter of time before fists were raised and Pokéballs were thrown.

"Shorts, shorts, shorts! That's all you Kanto youngsters care about! From where I come from, we didn't mind what we wore. We were too busy training our Pokémon and calling our battling friends on our then to care about fashion." The other youngster retorted. "After all, if you only care about fashion, you're no better than those Kalosians." The shorts youngster grit his teeth as he heard the words being spat at him. A Kalosian? It was obvious that the other youngster knew of the cultural rivalry between Kanto and Kalos. How Kanto was focused on technology and science while Kalos was focused more on the arts and fashion. The two regions were complete opposites. And to compare the two was an insult from where he came from.

"Take that back." The shorts youngster muttered.
                          "Sorry, what was that? You scared of me, you fashion freak?" The other youngster taunted.
                          "I said... Take that back!" The shorts youngster yelled as he quickly reached into his pocket and began to draw out his Pokéball. In turn, the other youngster had his own Pokémon ready and waiting. He just had to wait for the shorts fanatic to send out his Pokémon and then show that he was the best in Rustboro. No, the whole of Hoenn! The other youngster grinned to himself as he awaited for the battle to begin.

"STOP!" A female voice yelled out. The two youngsters then quickly turned their heads to see the owner of the voice. In the single instance of turning their heads, the youngsters had the same coherent thought. Whoever dare interrupt their battle is sure to get a beating. Or so they thought until they saw who was trying to stop them. About two metres away from the two boys stood a young woman with medium-long brown hair, a white shirt, and a blue skirt with a runway accessory attached to it. The two youngsters quickly froze as they realised who it was.

"J-Justine?!" The two youngsters simultaneously called out in surprise. Out of all the people to attempt to stop the two youngsters, it had to be Justine.
                          "Joey, Dan, how many times do I have to tell you to stop picking fights?" Justine talked down to the two youngsters before giving out a sigh. "And besides, does it even matter where you come from or what you wear?"
                          "Says the one who comes from Unov-!" Joey attempted to counter. But Justine very quickly glared at him and shut him up. "Ok, I think I'll shut up now."

"Look, I don't want anymore trouble around here, ok? You're making a scene." Justine pointed out to the gathering crowd in the street. "If you wanna go battle, do it in the Gym. I'm certain Roxanne can tolerate your yelling better than these people." Justine spoke. If Justine's words got through to the two boys, they would either stop their battle altogether or at least move it to the Rustboro Gym so that Justine and the locals wouldn't have to deal with it. The boys quickly lowered their arms and loosened their tight and aggresive grip on their Pokéballs and began to resign.
                          "Ok, Justine..." The youngsters, Dan and Joey, muttered as they slowly walked off, down towards the Rustboro Gym.

Justine quickly shrugged off the events that transpired and began to walk down the streets of Rustboro. "Seriously... Youngsters. I never thought they'd be so... so quirky and so quick to battle each other." Justine began to talk to herself as she walked. "Mistralton never had this kind of approach towards battling. Only ever done in the Gym, never in the streets. Makes me wonder if I should take up Training... It'd definitely help to keep Joey and Dan in line." Justine continued to talk to herself as she wandered down Gym street on the way back to her house.
                          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 06-09-2014, 06:20 AM.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Juri felt more sympathetic for the pokemon than she did for the people she was going to torment. They didn't have any connections to the troubles that humans caused for each other, but then again, they always had a choice to comply with or to resist their roles. Training or not, each Pokemon in the employ of Neo Magma had made a choice. In that sense, they were no better than the trainers who ordered them about. Juri looked to the Pelipper and into her beak to grab the pokeball and piece of paper, smiling at the plot laid out before her.

"Amazing how you people managed to stuff a few Pokemon into one ball," Juri said, fascination playing in her tone. She read the paper and thought for a moment before adding, "This is gonna be one hell of a ceremony, but I see a problem with the set-up."

The woman patted her belt where she kept a few spare Pokeballs. There wasn't enough to create a full team, but Juri didn't see that as an immediate problem. Her Purloin could take care of the necessary materials, and hell, she could assist and pull her own weight in the plot to come. Although the purple cat was a new companion, the Purloin seemed hell-bent on proving herself, just like her new master.

"Geodudes are inconspicuous, but Voltorbs and Koffings aren't. I'll have to get a few more Pokeballs to handle them all separately," Juri explained. "Nothing like a few living IEDs sprinkled about..." The agent looked to the Pelipper and closed her beak before giving her a stroke. "Package received. I'll take care of everything, you can be sure of that."

Juri looked out to the alleys that would lead her back to the main street, her phone still connected to Domino in case he had anything else to say or add. She wasn't concerned with the lives she would disrupt at this ceremony. It was just another day on the job, and Juri certainly could use the money to further her own goals. The old Team Magma had disbanded, but the scars from their activities were still there. Tabitha, Courtney, and Maxie were three people Juri wanted to track down, purely for the sake of finding answers. But should answers turn to revelations, Juri was prepared to exact some long-awaited justice of her own caliber.

Comment

Route 101

Koishi, soon after, waded through the knee high grass after Okuu, bumping into her accidently.

"Gah, watch it! Hard enough to see in here without big legs bumping into me." Okuu complained.

"I can't see you that well either, you know. Someone should really trim this grass. Since people travel along it, you would expect someone would." Koishi wondered out loud.

"I wish I had stilts." Okuu sighed, Koishi chuckling soon after, lifting the little Larvitar up and onto her shoulder.

"A shoulder can do." Koishi laughed. Okuu did the same as they continued down their path. It was relatively peaceful, as they trodded along, passing through the various patchs of tall grass. If they ever came back here, they would do so with a pair of shears.

Comment

Working...
                              X