X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

Sela didn't rush in like all the rookies did. She reached in and her number was 3. "Never 1 but still good." She thought. "Vee ve." Eevee said telling her to move for the others. Sela moved so the others can get numbers as well.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Team Magma Hideout - ???

"Best of luck to you." Domino uttered his wish to Juri as he hung up. The Charmeleon besides him growled and chased after a Zubat toy as Domino rose from his seat and stared down at his window, displaying hundreds of Team Magma grunts working diligently. "Yes... you will need all the luck you need."

Route 101

A small chirp suddenly came from a brush next to Okuu the Larvitar. As Okuu turned around to see what was in the brush, a wild Fletchling appeared. Fletchling was a small robin-like Pokemon with orange head and white feathery body. It chirped around Okuu as if she wanted to play.

Fletchling Lv: 3
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

After the Scientist told all the rookies to take a number, all of the rookies seemed to go berserk. Andrew also began to go into a frenzy as he began trying to plow his way through the crowd. As he was in the process of beginning to try and get through the crowd he had ran right past Sela, almost trampling over her as he tried to get through the crowd.

Comment

Route 101

"Uh, hi." Okuu said to the Fletchling, shuffling a little on Koishi's shoulder.

"You sound nervous." Koishi said.

"Oh, quiet you." Okuu said, glaring at Koishi for a moment.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Rustboro City, Eastern Back Alleys --> Main Street - @Wriggle

Juri heard the click of Domino ending the call and scoffed in irritation. A 'good luck'? What has luck ever done for her? If there was such a thing as Lady Luck, Juri was certain that she had a giant pole up her keister. But back to the task at hand. The Korean sighed and sent off the courier Pelipper before turning to her feline companion.

"If you've got any problems with what we're gonna do, Ripley, speak up," Juri ordered. She snapped her phone shut and held up a finger. "This is the first and last time I'll ever ask."

While Juri had every right to order her Purloin, Ripley about without fear of consequences, she wanted to make sure that the Pokemon wasn't following her orders out of fear or similar emotions. If she wanted a lackey, she would have pulled someone aside and threatened them until they did what she told them to. Juri wanted a companion, someone who was dependable not because they were in the same boat but because Juri could place her trust in them. The Purloin scratched her ears for a moment as if mulling over her decisions. After a few seconds of concentration, the Ripley shook her head and narrowed her eyes in a determined, albeit malevolent expression.

It was enough to make Juri smile again, but she kept her composure and nodded.

"Good. We'll talk about plans or whatever when we get to that point. But for now, chin up, nose clean, and eyes on the prize. No pickpocketing until we're done with the job, got it?"

"Fine by me," Ripley purred.

The two gussied up and exited the alleys to get back onto the main streets of Rustboro. It was a place Juri was accustomed to, but somehow it made her feel at ease, as if this place was her playground. She had no fears about what she was planning to do or carry out. A little action and bloodloss never hurt anything, and if it made things more interesting, well, Rustboro would know who to thank. Juri glanced towards the street where the Devon Corporation was and noticed that many people were gathering around. For now, the action would have to wait until the major players decided to make their move.

With the way Juri Han was dressed she would probably attract a few odd looks. On the other hand, Rustboro was quite close to the ocean and was known to receive plenty of tourists, so such odd attire was understandable. Plus, Hoenn was a warm region and Juri felt very, very comfortable with her attire, no matter how provocative it looked. If anyone didn't like how she dressed, they could take it up with her personally. In fact, it was as if she was daring people to challenge her, and it seemed that no-one was willing to take the bait as Juri felt that she had plenty of room to move around in the bustling streets.

The Pokemart, with its blue roof and whitewashed walls, was in sight. With Ripley riding her shoulder and looking down at passing citizens like vulnerable marks, Juri thought about her current plan of action. She needed to get into the market without making too much of a scene to be considered suspicious, and, this was the important part, she had to pay for her pokeballs with Pokedollars instead of a credit card. They, whoever 'they' were, could track her down if she used a card, so dollars it was. With enough room to be comfortable walking in and a mind set on schemes and plans, Juri wouldn't be too observant or attentive of her surroundings. She knew she was heading to the Pokemart, but her mind was elsewhere.

Once the Pokemart Payment Problem was figured out, Juri couldn't help but to drift to the topic of the old Team Magma. It was them, not this new Neo Team, that caused the deaths of her adopted parents and made her life a living hell. While Juri had a strong desire to find the grunts responsible for burning her home down among other things, she wanted to figure out who gave the order for the axe to fall in the first place. Shit rolls up a hill, as they say...

Comment

Rustboro City

Sitting on a bench next to the PokeMart was a girl nodding off, listening to music through her headphones. She had jet black hair darker than night, petite body, and a black-and-white outfit that looked like a high-school uniform. She frequently jolted herself awake whenever her head would droop so low, revealing blue eyes that looked too blue to be natural.

The girl silently looked at her watch. It was 10:20. The Devon Corporation promotion ceremony was in 10 minutes. As if in a hurry, the girl got up from the bench and bolted past Juri Han, her belt hosting two dangling Pokeballs.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Rustboro City, Main Street --> - @Wriggle

Roused out of her thoughts by a sudden gust of wind, Juri hardly noticed the black-haired girl until she passed by her. At first Juri paid her no attention, as she did with everyone else, but then she noticed the two dangling pokeballs on her person. The sight was enough to make Juri slow down and make Ripley squirm in anticipation on her shoulder. A distracted mark was a welcome invitation, but Juri didn't see herself having a light touch for pickpocketing. That was Ripley's forte.

"Let her go," Juri whispered to her Purloin. "Too risky, and we don't have the time."

Too risky was supposed to be a challenge, but Juri didn't have the time for petty theft. The girl was distracted, yes, but she was moving away at a fast pace through crowded streets. Getting to her belt around all those people and getting caught was not what Juri wanted to tackle. For now she would play it safe, and her feline companion reluctantly agreed. Leaving the girl alone, Juri returned to her path and eventually entered the Pokemart.

Comment

(PSA: I trust that you guys know you can control Pokemon Center nurses, PokeMart clerks, and normal trainers)

PokeMart - Rustboro City

There weren't as many people in the Pokemon Mart, or PokeMart for short, as there were people outside. Relatively speaking in terms of density anyway. But there were still enough people to call the place populated.

"We're gonna need a lot of potions if we want to challenge the gym." A really tall, dark-skinned man said to his Electabuzz out of his Pokeball. "We're at a severe disadvantage because you're Electric type."

"It's okay Jay, I know Low Kick." The Electabuzz jittered. "I'll just kick all of them from below."

"I like that spirit." The tall trainer named Jay chuckled as he continued shopping.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot Town

Time passed, and would-be trainers received their Pokemon. The sight of the new trainers carrying their Pokemon like their best friend elicited jealousy for Andrew until he could hear his number being called. Coincidentally, it was the same number that was written on Sela.
                    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 06-11-2014, 12:40 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

As the numbers were eing called, Sela's number was called and as she walked up, a blonde guy also came up that had the same number as her. "You also have 3?" Sela asks the guy.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Rustboro City, Pokemart - @Wriggle

There were far too many unsuspecting marks in this city, Juri thought as she looked around in the commercial market. Plenty of distracted people meant plenty of opportunities for pickpocketing. Already Ripley, the Purloin, was beside herself in anticipation and was trying hard not to go off and steal wallets. The master, the Korean woman, was quick to cut off the head of this anticipation with a few murmurs and low growls. There would be no pissing about in a PokeMart, at least not until the job was done.

Speaking of which, Juri had made sure to grab as much as she needed. She didn't know how many Improvised Explosive Devices Pokemon there were in that one mega Pokeball, so she went about getting herself a good ten of the regular stock-brand Pokeballs. Wherever Team Neo Magma got that mega storage Pokeball, they might want it back, and if not, Juri could find a use for it. It pained her to know that she was passing up chances to steal, and it really irked her seeing an electric type in the PokeMart, but business came first.

At least, that was what she told herself like a fat person who tried to adhere to a diet plan.

"An electric type would come in handy against Aqua, wherever those fools are," Juri said under her breath before approaching the front counter.

Ten Pokeballs wasn't anything special, but for some reason the clerk threw in a cookie-cutter imitation of the Pokeball as a free gift: a Premier Ball. Juri was surprised at this, but then she felt a surge of sinister glee at the irony of the ball. Here she was buying tools for easier destruction and the clerk hands her a free storage device to make her life easier. This Premier Ball, manufactured by the Devon Corporation to celebrate some event, was now going to be used to cause a hell of a lot of chaos right on its front doorstep. Giggling, Juri and her Purloin exited the PokeMart and proceeded down a shadowy alley to begin the transfer of the supplied Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs...

Comment

Andrew after making his way through the crowd finally got his ticket and turned to Sela.
                          "Wait what? We got the same number?" Andrew said as he looked down at the ticket in his hand. Little did he know he surprisingly did have the same number as Sela! Upon sight of this Andrew was surprised.

"Holy crap I do have the same number as you!" He then heard his number being called out, and as he did he quickly reacted and began to wave his ticket in the air.

"THREE! THREE! I HAVE THREE ON MY TICKET!!!"

Comment

Birch's Lab - Littleroot

Sela nods when Andrew asked about the number. Sela then heard her number get called. "I have 3 as well." She said as she waves her ticket as well. Her Eevee looks with wonder on what's going to happen.

Comment

"Those with 3 on their tickets, please come inside to the laboratory! The professor is ready to meet you guys." The laboratory assistant called one more time to those that had the number 3 on their ticket. Other than Andrew and Sela, there was a tan lady in her early 20s with black shoulder-length hair, black hat on her head and black headphones around her neck. She wore purple cotton hoodie, black shirt, and purple pants. She was reading a letter until she heard the number 3 being called, and went forward to enter the lab before Sela and Andrew could.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Rustboro City, En Route to Devon Corp - @Wriggle

"Why don't we take the gym challenge?" Ripley purred into Juri's ear. The Purloin was perky ever since the conversation between the Trainer and Electabuzz in the PokeMart, and it was beginning to weigh on Juri's nerves. "I'll bet we'd do amazing."

"Newsflash girly, we can't take the challenge because..." The Korean held up a few fingers and stopped in a darkened alley. "One, you alone won't be able to accomplish much. Two, I don't have any ambition to be the champion or whatever. And three, oh this is very important, we can't take the challenge because I'm a wanted woman!" Juri looked to her companion on her shoulder and wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I have no reason to take the challenge, so drop it."

"Okay, I was just asking... Jeez..."

The two dropped their conversation and decided to get back to the task at hand. Those Koffings, Voltorbs and Geodudes weren't going to stuff themselves into balls! Juri made sure the coast was clear before unleashing the three species from the mega-storage Pokeball onto the pavement. Before any of the 'lackies' could get the chance to even rethink what they were going to go through, Juri went about and transferred them all into their own personal Pokeballs. Five Geodudes, three Koffings, and three Voltorbs were all thrown into the balls in a matter of seconds.

Juri had noticed that one of the Koffings looked weaker than the rest, and rather than disposing of it/him/her, she placed the Koffing in the Premier ball to mark it as... Lackluster. When the time came for the Devon Corp's little party to go up in flames, Juri could find a use for the weak Koffing by either using it as a signal to start the party or as an improvised grenade. Who wouldn't like to have a pristine white ball hurtling towards them with a kamikaze Koffing in it?

With the transfer complete and everything accounted for, Juri cracked her knuckles and placed the small balls in a pouch. Her Purloin readjusted herself on her shoulder, her tail twitching in anticipation. They both knew what was coming. Juri exited the alley and began to make her way to the Devon Corp. Promotional Ceremony. Someone had to start the party, after all!

Comment

Working...
                                X