X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orientation | Trinity Soul University

The vampire stood and watched as the beam of light erupted from the ground. It quickly faded only to be replaced by a second, more calming light that seemed to radiate from young Trista. The aura beamed from her for only a moment before it quickly vanished and faded away. Seki had already known she held some sort of light magic from listening to Trista speak with the headmaster before. But was this ordinary light magic? or was it special some how? Why was Trista so afraid to show her magic to others? Surely there were plenty of people with the same element as her in the school. The vampire continued petting the young girl's head for a moment. She closed her eyes, seeming to meditate on the recent events.

"humanity pushes ever onward, trying to radiate light where the shadows of mystery cast us into confusion and wonder. The further they stray into the darkness the more they realize how vast this darkness is, and how little of the ttruth they can see. If they wonder too far. they lose sight of the light they came from, and form a new one of their own. The past forgotten, left in a fog of mystery. Theres so much i still don't understand about this place. The many kinds of people who go here and the many types of magic. I hungry to learn more, but will i lose myself in my studies and forget who i am?"

Seki opend her eyes, a smile visible on her face as she looked towards the wolf girl and the brunette. "This place is so exciting. I don't care if the teachers are mindless apes at this point. There is so much more to learn and disocover. but first..." Seki broke Trista's hold on her for a moment, freeing herself long enough to approached the wolf and the brunette she had been watching before. Once within range she addressed the wolf girl whom possessed power over the snow. "If you hadn't stepped in when you did, i fear someone would have gotten hurt. You have my thanks. I'd like to invite the both of you to lunch later. I was taking my room mate out to give us a chance to bond a little before we started clases, but i'd like to get to know the two of you better as well. My treat of cores."
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 05-28-2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Trinity Soul University | Orientation

As Andrew stood there screaming due to fear at Nurse Hannah, the young green-haired lad eventually passed out due to lack of oxygen from all the screaming, Nurse Hannah just sighed as she expected such a thing to happen. "Huh... Must be a new kid..." Spoke Nurse Hannah as she looked up at the Kris, Trista, and the others. Having been here for the past... minute, Nurse Hannah had witnessed most of the situation, but did nothing to stop it due to her current condition. Though now everything is more calm, the Nurse's head which is being held in the arms of the held in the arms of the decapitated Nurse Hannah's body, spoke up once again.

"Can someone explain to me what the hell was going on? I mean I assume you guys must be new students... but Orientation is going to start soon. Shouldn't all of you be getting to Orientation before it starts? Should be starting any moment now." Nurse Hannah replied as turned her eyes to face Kris and Trista for a brief moment as though she was going to speak up to them before turning to the rest of the group.

Comment

"Oh no, I should be the one who's sorry-" Verrena stuttered; her hostility and sadistic demeanor gone and saturated by her previous dignified etiquette as the snow cleared around her and away from Lynne. "I'm sorry, but whenever I see violence I can't help but do some odd things-"

"..." Lynne appeared to be fine, although, now with the melted snow soaking her hair and her entirely black decor, she looked even more miserable than before, not to mention the fact that the sudden downfall of snow impacted and broke Lynne's delicate left arm. She dusted off rest of the snow off her shoulder with her still-fine right arm and found Cecilia, knelt next to where the pile of snow was covering her and crying her eyes out. Oh how worried she must've been. Lynne slowly slumped towards Lynne, lifted her chins with her right arm, and wiped the tears off her eyes.

"...~" Lynne stared at Cecilia's eyes intently. While her eyes were still cold as ice and her face was still expressionless, her gesture suggested something so kind.

Don't cry, I'm here for you.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Kris heard someone talking to her and looked at the undead female, she could see now what type of creature she was due to the porcelain skin and natural beauty, and the lack of a heartbeat was a give-away for a vampire "I did what I could when I heard the commotion" she said looking at the people who battled around "Although I guess it will be an everyday thing if we are all so full of energy" she smiled and then heard a more mature person.

Looking at the source, the wolf´s eyes widened at seeing a beheaded woman, even more baffling was the fact that the head on her arms was talking "Um.. it was a small.. situation ehem.." she coughed to calm down and looked at the head "Sorry, but I think that the worst just passed, um.. what creature are you if I can ask?" her curious mind already on the roll with the sight of new creatures.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Looking at Kris and analyzing her awkward, and curious stares. Made Nurse Hannah mentally sigh as she was then blind-sided by Kris's question about what she was. To be honest she has gotten that question a lot from not just students, but most of the staff and other people who drop by the University. Yet she could never think of a good explanation for what she really is. Hannah isn't a zombie per-say, but she is technically undead. She's not a vampire nor is she a ghoul or ghost. She's just... an odd case.

"I... uh... damn that's a good question... I mean I can't really say that I'm dead or undead. I mean my body was only like this as I was 'brought back' when my body was sort of pale and all... I know for one that my lung and most of my organs aren't mine... To be honest I'd say I'm like Frankenstein's Monster... only hotter... and can live with my head removed from my body... Does that answer your question? Anyways I really think you all should hurry. From the odd, angry stares I seen some of the Teacher's toss over here, I'm pretty damn sure that you all might be in big trouble. Also one of you take the kid that just screamed his lungs out to the Nurse's Office." Replied Nurse Hannah as she gestured towards Andrew before walking to the stage with the other staff members, head still in her arms.

The only teacher missing now... is the Sound Magic teacher.

Comment

TSU - Orientation

Sonya did one of those "faceplant onto ground" movements out of surprisement that the girl didnt know what an orientation was. "It's where new students gather and the teachers give out info to the students." Sonya explained after she quickly got up. "Sonya is my name by the way. What's yours?" She asks as she faces her.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

"Oh sorry, I didn't want to offend you but it is the first time I have met a Dullahan aside from lore books and I guessed you were one, thus the question" Kris apologized to the nurse and then saw her going to the stage where some teachers were looking annoyingly at them.

The wolf sighed sounding more as a puppy as her ears flopped down and her tail between her legs ("Day zero and I'm already in trouble") she thought but swallowed tje sour feeling as she looked at the students and the umconscious male "Well, if the foot is already on the mouth, might as well send it all the way in" she said more to herself while taking the unconscious student on her arms bridal style and headed to the infirmary.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Orientation - Trinity Soul University

As Seki loosened Trista's now weak grasp on her, Seki posed yet another one of her poems or metaphors towards little Trista. Much like before, Trista had little idea as to what exactly Seki was trying to say. Was she perchance referring to little Trista's light? Or was it Seki just having a sudden surge of creativity in the moment? Whatever the case may have been, Trista knew not of what Seki truly meant. Perhaps, as her studies were to progress, it would all become clear to her. Maybe. Or would she perhaps be eternally left in the dark?

Before long, the screams eventually died down and in turn Seki had stepped away from the young, small blonde that was Trista. With little hesitation, Trista quickly caught up with Seki and promptly stood beside her. That was until she saw the three people that were present with Seki. The brunette who was bleeding, a wolf of sorts, and some manner of undead? Trista didn't know what exactly the latter two were but she was curious nonetheless. Although, despite her curiosity over the two seemingly non-human individuals, Trista quickly froze up and her natural shyness got the better of her. Taking to the backside of her vampire roommate, Trista took to cautiously peeking over Seki's shoulder at interval.

In overhearing the conversation at hand, it had seemed like the wolf was the one who brought the snow to the battlefield and the "undead" woman was some manner of homunculus? A "Frankenstein's Monster"? An automaton? Trista didn't know which. But whatever may be, it was clear that the woman was most assuredly not human. Or rather, barely human. But that was all, it had seemed like the battle and the snow had drawn the attention of the teachers and nearby students alike. And Trista had been caught in the heart of said battle. In the centre of attention. The last place Trista would ever want to be in. Of course, with the battle disbanded and halted, all that was left was for all of those involved to settle down and await Orientation to start. Hopefully while evading the gaze of the crowd and the teachers.

Peeking her small head out the side, behind Seki's arm, Trista mouthed a small "Thank you" towards the nearby wolf before quickly retracting her head behind her roommate once more. Shortly after, Trista softly tugged at her roommate and quietly spoke but a few words.
                  "Seki... We should... We should g-get going..."
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 05-31-2015, 04:22 PM.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Using her memory of the layout of the school at the entrance, Kris tried to remember where was the the infirmary and then looked the unconscious male ("If you got scared for the nurse, then you will get gray hair in the first semester") she thought while walking, she knew she was already in trouble, but as the possible Dullahan told them, someone had to take the unconscious student, oddly since that would have been the nurse´s job ("Won´t argue unless it is needed") was her thought until she heard someone thanking her.

The wolf looked at her back and noticed the voice of the one who brought her here, said female quickly hid behind the vampire one and she smiled "It was no problem, but I suggest you to go to the orientation meeting before all of you get in trouble" she advised and headed to the infirmary.

Spoiler:

Comment

The vampire stood there in what seemed like silent meditation for a few moments as the wolf girl walked away. She allowed the Cecilia and Lynne to have a moment before she would interrupt them again. after all the events were all happening so quickly, the needed a bit of time to sink in. Her meditation was finally broken by her room mate, who in her hurry to return to orientation failed to notice why it was important they stayed put for a bit longer. "Right, we wouldn't want to miss anything would we? You go on ahead i'll catch up with you in a minute."

The vampire knelt down next to Lynne and rolled up her sleeve to get a better look at her arm. With to fingers she moved her hand from the girl's shoulder to her forarm in a motion that wouldn't' cause any additional discomfort. ("it's broker? such a frail girl. and yet she put herself at risk to save Cecilia... ") "Sorry to break up the heart warming moment but you need to go to the nurses office. You're not going t recover by laying on the cold ground." The vampire offered her hand to the girl lying on the ground to help her back on her feet. Lynne could probobly walk to the office on her own but getting up with one arm may have been difficult.
                      Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-01-2015, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Lynne took Seki's offer for help and got up. The sudden shift in her balance made her eyes flinch slightly. Years of abuse in the numerous orphanages increased Lynne's physical pain tolerance, but it still hurt to have a broken arm, especially for such a delicate girl like Lynne.

Before she started walking, she turned around to take one last look at Cecilia to find something more than her roommate. At where Lynne was just a few seconds ago, a singularity materialized out of nowhere, first at the size of a single mustard seed, then gradually growing and growing until it formed a round disc, flat and at least twice as tall as Lynne.

Underground Library

Elkana let go of the flow of magic to stop the portal from growing any larger temporarily. Dimensional rift magic is something that even a transcended mage like Elkana had to spend a lot of energy, as she collapsed on the ground, breathless, with sweat forming on her forehead as if it was a hot summer day.

"That should take care of the excess energy overground." Elkana panted as she got back up to a standing position. Now to collapse the same portal...

There are three ways to collapse a portal. First, and probably the safest way, is to utter a successful subsidiary spell... but Elkana had neither the time nor enough mana in her body to unsummon the portal without risking an unforeseen reaction. The second way is to let the portal sit and disintegrate itself... but there's a significant chance that the portal could instead increase and increase, eventually forming an arcane black hole and obliterate the campus.

Which leaves the third option: where the conjurer of the portal manually "break" the portal by throwing either herself or an object in the immediate vicinity.

Elkana looked around. The only thing that she can throw at the portal was either herself or the fur robe she was wearing.

"FINE, I'll just make another one." Elkana sighed in disgust. The fur robe that she was wearing wasn't just for show; the material that the robe is made of: fur made from the fibers of leaves from the Grand Tree of Trinity that rests at the lowermost floor of the Underground Library, actually helps with the amplification of the various magical experiments she do so frequently. Making another robe like this will take another 5 years... whatever, she has all the time in the world, anyway.

Elkana took off her fur robe: the texture soft and soothing to the touch, and threw it across the portal.

"Wha- what is that!" Verrena whimpered as she noticed the portal growing wider and wider. "Everyone, run! It's a black hole!"

"No, my child, that is a dimensional portal." Amos clarified, and Verrena stopped her panicking. The portal eventually stopped expanding, glowing menacingly in dim purple light. The portal was only a foot away from Cecilia. One could gape into the void and find answer to every question in the universe and yet find nothing at all at the same time. "But why would a portal materialize here? Dimensional rifts this large take dozens of mages with extensive knowledge in Spatial magic to form properly, and it's rare to create one even this large..."

"D- do you think it's because of that strange red pillar?" Verrena asked Amos, but in a way that it addressed everyone in the vicinity.

"Perhaps..." Amos squinted his eyes (if he had eyes in his sockets), deep in thought. "Something's going on here; something not even the headmaster might know. This deserves an investigation."

"I see..." Verrena nodded and looked at the portal to find something appearing from the portal. "Wait- something's coming out of the portal!"
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Thankfully as the Nurse finally arrived to the stage, the Headmaster was thankful that she is okay while the others had let out a relieved sigh knowing that they won't need to wait all too much longer now.

"Nurse Hannah I am so glad to see that you're okay... and also kind of disappointed that your head is not attached to your body..." The Headmaster spoke upon looking at Nurse Hannah.

"Yeah well I did kind of lose my head. I woke up and one of the students must have taken my head and hid it somewhere. Thankfully one of the nurses was able to help find my head for my body. Anyways I think we should start soon. Who all do we need to wait for?" Hannah replied.

"I see... well let's just deal with that problem AFTER Orientation. Right now we-" The Headmaster was speaking when he completely paused after having felt the strong surge of magical energy in the area. In fact the sheer amount of magic being caused by the large portal near Verenna was enough to be felt by the students in the crowd. This had caused almost everyone to start freaking out, and almost immediately all of the teachers stood up and got into a battle ready stance while the Headmaster was ready to use a spell to form a barrier around all the students in case something bad happens.

Comment

En route to infirmary - Trinity Soul University

While taking the unconscious student to the infirmary, Kris thought about how this place would be ("It has been a crazy thing after the other, but I have used my magic with such free will that it makes me feel fuller than before") she smiled at that ("There is so much variety on this place, from humans to creatures, from fictional to myths, it is like my library became a real world") that made the wolf´s tail swish from time to time.

Then a powerful magic energy was felt throughout the area, the redhead´s fur bristled at the feeling and looked back at the source, she wasn´t surprised that it was where the Orientation was being held ("Figures, they make powerful stuff on the first day, that is the hook to get the students even more within the school´s grandeur, but if it is something bad..") she stopped for a moment, but shook her head ("The principal is there and many teachers, they got it covered")

The wolf kept moving as she released her ice sphere and sent it to the Orientation, while she wouldn´t be able to see the event, she could at least capture the emotions depending on the sphere´s core when it gets back.

Spoiler:

Comment

As Lynne passed by and made her way inside the university. The vampire relaxed, thinking the chaos had finally been taken care of. She turned to her roommate. "Come on we better get back t.." Before she cold finish her statement, a massive swirling abstract appeared before her and the others who had been in the area. As the massive figure appeared, all Seki could do was face palm. It had been one thing after another and the day was becoming more and more exhausting by the moment. The vampire didn't' flinch however at the appearance of the massive portal, despite her being the closest to it.

She was about to walk away, having been quite fed up at this point. The abstract before her could be someone else's problem Seki didn't care anymore. However before she could leave, she overheard the skeleton man and his daughter talking. What the skeleton had said stopped Seki dead in her tracks and caused her to further question him on the portal. All of the the knowledge of the universe? By entering this.. portal? Tch, if that's the case we should just have class in there." The vampire was only half joking however, and in her head she was already contemplating going through to the other side. If what th skelliton had said was true it may have very well been worth the risk. "You seem knowledgeable on the subject. Tell me, what dangers lie on the other side?"
                              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-05-2015, 03:21 AM.

Comment

(*I have been given permission by Deadmasterchan AKA FLAAAAAAAAAN to post as Cecilia to have the story rolling. DONT YELL AT ME AAA)

Cecilia looked up to find a giant portal looming before her. "W-what, what is that thing?" Cecilia cried out.

"Cecilia, get away from there!" Verrena shouted, but it was too late. Cecilia was greeted by...

...a fur robe straight to her face.

"Whaa!" Cecilia screamed, interrupted by the fur coat slamming into her face.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X