Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Katrix

The boss is OP sure
    And my example is of FE: A Hard mode (Not normal, I looked again and saw it was hard, which is normal for veteran FEers)
    Don't get me started on Lunatic + mode
    Imagine Touhou's lunatic...in a chess game.
    What I was sayin is that in FE terms in of itself, Morgan is one of the most powerful units you can control.
    My set up is hardly ideal (I was giving the example of Nah solo)
    If I were to tag team Morgan and Nah, then their OPness would be more prominent because of dual strikes and guard combined with any form of brave weapon yields easy kill.
    plus: consider this.
    On a crit + Ignis, a grandmaster can deal over 300 damage easy.
    The highest health in the game is 80

Now take into factors that block that damage then you get Lunatic + where that sort of damage output is needed to even think about taking down enemy units.
    And make that at the beginning of the game where you couldn't even dream of that sort of output that early.

Now talking OP bosses...
    unfortunately all the one's I can think of have one key weakness which if you exploit, makes them easy.
    Except for Xenoblade's secret field bosses.

which this guy makes look simple, but one mistake means death if yer not lucky. In order to take down anything above the max lvl 99 you have to do topple lock to keep the enemy from attacking. (he makes a mistake at 7:00 ish)
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Looks interesting. Just wondering, how skill based is it? Is it possible to do it with say lvl 1, one hit kill with only the most basic attack. Speaking of which.

It sure takes some time, but in the end he defeats the boss at Lvl 1 without taking a single hit(one hit death), with only the most basic attack.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

Oh no, Xenoblade is far from being able to be done with skill alone. If you don't have the proper levels at the proper time during the story, in short: you don't stand a chance. There's mechanics in the game that if you don't have the stats from leveling combined with certain "gems" which nullify certain statuses (ex. spike damage, which is a sort of counter attack where if you strike an enemy or are even near an enemy that is under the topple status (which would prevent doing topple locking.) makes it very very difficult to do so. Though I do recall someone doing something like that with no armor on (literally, the characters are in their underwear...which actually has a bonus effect which increases agility and can make it really hard for them to take hits.))

This is true for FE, GS, and almost any other game aside from LoZ that I've played that has levels. Aside from PSO2, but that doesn't have difficulty...and you can do it with bare hands and no units and be able to defeat the Dark Falz...if there wasn't a time limit =w=;
        The one thing I would like to see is someone beat Demise in LoZ: SS without a shield... (tried it, almost managed to beat him...but then his sword beams raped me in part II...)
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

That's sad. I guess it's to be expected tough. The only reason it's possible in KH is the invincibility frames you gain while dodging(cartwheel, slide, etc.). I've searched around a little bit and I can't find a level 1 fight against Young Xehanort in BBS. I guess even KH have it's limits. I think that's one of the things I like about KH. You can go trough the entire game at Level 1. They even have a own ability that makes it so that you don't gain any EXP to make this easier. Even tough KH have it's critical mode which is it's hardest mode I'd say Critical Level 1 is the hardest thing you can do.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

you know...the only thing I can think of that's like that is doing the 3 heart runs through the LoZ games...which is the only thing I can think of where you can gimp yourself to increase difficulty.
            Off the top of my head, I can't even think of what games I've played that can allow that mechanic at all...aside from 3 heart runs in LoZ

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Where I am it's:
                Good evening. :P

Comment

@Cucoo

Well then, good evening.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

good rotation of day and night people :P
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ahh, here's a video I found.

Run Isaac! Do you know who you're dealing with! XD

sigpic

Comment

qMima, what do you mean by "the train curved in the air, and was now flying through it."?

Do you mean its flying?

just curiosity
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm back people. Though I'll be on and off for quite a while. Kinda busy atm

Comment

@SUSTIC

Welcome back!

Things are going pretty slowly here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Welp since I'm here

Gonna run with this concept:

I'll introduce the ideal situation of two of Robin's daughters, instead of just Morgan (F). Because Girl power.
                              Cause their skills affect the other when they team up (Solidarity is the main big one) Or it seems that way.
                              I won't bother with finding the ideal stat build but I'll pick out the 5 skills I want both to have.
                              EDIT: just realized, depending on the mother unit, Robin could have a son.
                              .......................Oh sh*t...
                              I just got a better idea.
                              Hmm...In that case I might have Owain and Morgan...
                              Oh gawds this would be good...
                              OHOHOHOHO~
                              (Go on...ask me what deviousness I just concocted~)

Comment

@Cucoo

Oh my, what deviousness have you concocted?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X