• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S121 View Post
    @Cucoo

What you just gave me...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-07-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

@ S121
      Here's a funny story. HM's multi-personalities is based on guess who. I have social (26543), serious (HM), bat-shit insane (malfunction), romantic (... Romantic), and... Well, zen (Gerard). So yea, I have either too many faces our too many masks.

@ Mima
      Sounds... Interesting... I may read it at some point.

Comment

I have an idea of what I want to do with Vergil in the sequel, and it could even start with the battle that's taking place with the London group right now. I'll give you a hint via song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Y-MX__zgqZM
        Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Mega

Super form?

@Wonder

But you see, everyone has different sides. I can be caring, serious, funny, or just plain scary or disturbing. Everyone has different sides. Just go with the one you feel best defines you. For me, it's the positive ones.

@Cucoo

I just had to...

Spoiler:

Here's a bonus image.

Spoiler:
          Last edited by S121; 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Corrupted by Mundus once again ^^ That's Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry (the first one) where it is revealed that Nelo Angelo is Vergil after being corrupted by Mundus at the end of Devil May Cry 3 which is a prequel to the series.

The games go in order like this:

Devil May Cry 3
            Devil May Cry
            Devil May Cry 4
            Devil May Cry 2
            I believe that's the order. It's obvious that Devil May Cry 2 happened later in the series as Dante is much more mature in it.

Anyways I will be having it like this:
            The beginning of Vergil's corruption:
            Vergil who is injured and losing the battle against the Organization tries to keep fighting however he is losing strength. Mundus sees this as his chance to corrupt Vergil once more and as such lends Vergil a taste of power. Thus beginning the stage of Vergil's corruption. In this state Vergil gains increased demonic power. Allowing him to keep fighting. His body slowly begins to succumb to Mundus's control.

Then by the sequel Vergil will be fully corrupted and will once again become Nelo Angelo the "Black Angel"
            Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Mega

Why couldn't they just make the games in order?
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

No clue.

Comment

I'm sure that it's confusing to fans as well.

I suppose they thought that DMC would only be a one hit wonder game, but they saw how popular it became, only they now had to come up with more backstory and a richer plot, so they had to mash one together.

That's what I think happened.
                  Last edited by S121; 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's also the anime which takes place between Devil May Cry 1 and Devil May Cry 4 and is canon. Then there are the manga and novels.

Comment

I hope there's not too many inconsistencies. I would hate to be the lore checker for each new installment.
                      sigpic

Comment

I believe the manga and novels are now over, and the anime is as well. Now the only thing out there is the sub-par reboot of the series which is DmC.

Comment

I would call it too much of a break from the original.

I'm not even a fan of the series and I can say that DmC just doesn't belong.

It would be the equivalent of an overly optimistic, disneyfied Master Chief and Halo series.

It seems as if they took the original concept and completely changed it, making it nothing like the original.
                          sigpic

Comment

holyshet
                            the channel I've been going to for FE:A themes just got binged by infringement like a few minutes ago o.o
                            crap...now I gotta change the links *puts on green cap* HYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

If they had not used the Devil May Cry name, and changed the plot quite a bit as well as the name of the characters it could have been it's own separate game and probably would have done better AS IT'S OWN STANDALONE GAME AND NOT PART OF THE DEVIL MAY CRY FRANCHISE. Though it is still a very bland game that I find boring and just doesn't fit. They also changed a important trait that made Vergil interesting. In the original series Vergil was a honorable warrior in battle and did not believe in sneak attacks and such, and did not tolerate the use of guns claiming they are dishonorable... in DmC what does Vergil use? A freaking gun, and not only that but doesn't he shoot someone from behind?

Also this scene right here is like a big middle finger to the fans of the classic Dante.

Comment

@Mega

Troll Developer.

@Cucoo

Damn... Well that's messed up. It shouldn't be too hard to find the songs again. It is the internet after all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X