X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ibuki Suika View Post
    Link that because it sounds stupid as hell. Youkai go to Gensokyo because if they stay in the outside world, the denial of their existence would erase them. If people in the outside world find out about youkai, it would only serve to strengthen the belief that they exist, allowing the youkai from Gensokyo to go back to the outside world. The outside world's belief in youkai shouldn't even affect the border's strength because the purpose of the border is to keep the contents safe from that denial.
    Alright I'll see if I can find it.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

http://rp.edgeofperspective.net/Gens..._Outside_World

Does sound a bit bs, but hey, ZUN left Gensokyo to our own interpretation.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

This doesn't say that if the outside world finds out about Gensokyo, it'll be destroyed. This says that if the outside world goes nuclear holocaust, Gensokyo will be destroyed. That makes perfect sense, seeing as how Gensokyo is still a part of the outside world, just hidden away.

Comment

Should I edit all the post to correlate it, then? Gensokyo arc is ending soon...
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

What's done is done, beside if you edit them then we wouldn't have any reason to come here in the first place.
            Let's just play with it.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

All of a sudden I got reminded of the first RP I was ever in... This one guy had a character that was a freaking Leviathan and "Was alive since the beginning of all time" and had "The power to destroy the world." Guess what that character's goal was? To eat a single freaking elf, half demon, and alchemist. Kinda stupid if ya ask me. Oh and this leviathan character could possess any NPC, and was not able to be killed by anything except a incredibly old gun that he had in his possession. In other words our characters could only prolong the inevitable death of everything unless someone took charge (the GM of the RP left sometime before I joined it, and as such someone else took temporary status of GM until the original GM came back which never happened.)

Comment

Tl;dr godlike character. :3
                Can I get some post on IC about Shinki's offer?
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

It already happened, but in reality, the hakurei border, for what I understand is to maintain the youkai, magical, etc.. people from the outside world, like the lunarians who live in the dark side of the moon from the human point of view, yet that is also a barrier to hide their people from the humans
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                    Tl;dr godlike character. :3
                    Can I get some post on IC about Shinki's offer?

In my opinion a God-Like character can be a good villain if used, and or kept under close supervision of the GM of the RP. For example a god-like villain keeping on the down low using henchmen to do his dirty work. Only occasionally fighting the heroes himself when he needs something done right or just wants a bit more fun. As well as given a way to defeat him that seems capable of being done in an RP. If not done right a god-like character will obviously be a huge pain in the ass. Even then I don't think God-Like characters should even exist in an RP unless it is actually part of the plot, and executed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoFox View Post
                      In my opinion a God-Like character can be a good villain if used, and or kept under close supervision of the GM of the RP. For example a god-like villain keeping on the down low using henchmen to do his dirty work. Only occasionally fighting the heroes himself when he needs something done right or just wants a bit more fun. As well as given a way to defeat him that seems capable of being done in an RP. If not done right a god-like character will obviously be a huge pain in the ass. Even then I don't think God-Like characters should even exist in an RP unless it is actually part of the plot, and executed correctly.
                      Patchy isn't here to discuss about this, so...
                      Suika, can Overmind be the final boss?
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

hm.. a ginormous mass of evilness that can control people´s minds.. sounds like a classic.

Yet we would need a villain who is actually the speaker of such mass
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I have a few villains in mind for something like that.

Sigma from MegaMan X (a reploid that's consciousness exists in the form of a virus that causes Reploids to go maverick, and always gets some sorry fool to make a new body for him.)

Vergil from Devil May Cry (from the original games)

and a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

Comment

No, the Overmind is my character and I already know what I'm doing with it. It's not gonna be the final boss. And Kristia, the Overmind isn't really evil if you go play Starcraft 2.

Comment

sorry, but when I looked at it and its powers, the overmind has the similarities of villains

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                                sorry, but when I looked at it and its powers, the overmind has the similarities of villains
                                "The Overmind was formed with thought and reason but not with free will. It screamed and raged in a prison of its own mind." - Starcraft wikia.

[EDIT]30 people on the forums? Is this normal?
                                Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 05-04-2013, 08:31 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X