X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Then you are no better than I!"

I felt something on my back. Time to find a new weapon.

I activated it and fired rockets. They blew up in John's hand. I got up and pointed my sword at John's head.

"You know little of who I am... But do you know what I am? Do you?!"

I got ready to finish him.

"Your opposite. You're evil twin. The reject, the brother from different universes!"

Comment

Near Escape Pod - Hakurei Shrine - Gensokyo

As John laid on the ground, he felt little fear when HM had a katana close to his exposed head. John had a trick up his sleeve.

"Then you admit you are evil, that you are not doing good. What I do know is that you are a kid from a rough upbringing. You never chose to be trained, but neither was I.", John said as he quickly grabbed the katana's blade and squeezed it in his hand, trying to break it. John knew that HM would try to counterattack, so John was ready to push HM away with a Light and Darkness shockwave.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

I flipped John as he held on. I aimed at him with the laser beam.

"You don't understand. Think, John. You're the luckiest Spartan, but look at me! I've died on several occasions! God knows your guardian angel is watching over you, but here's my guardian angel, gone for more than half my life to find out that it was actually the devil! Then... Comes the worst of it... You, John. People like you for who you are. You're nice to hang around. You have people who help you through the toughest times, but when I ask for something, I was assaulted. Attacked. Shunned. Then..... You have people that... Love you... Would die for you... Here I am. I can't love. People only like the way I look. I'm not able to love. Do you know what that's like!? I am in no position to be a hero! I meet all of the requirements of a villain! I'm trying to make amends, John! Why won't you help?! I tell you my father died, and you simply tell me he was a hero! You have already accepted his death! You never told me! You are the villain here!!!"

Comment

Gensokyo

A hand was placed on HM's shoulder.

"Why do you think you are shunned?" Daiyousei asked. "Why do you think you can't love, when you have me?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

"Daiyousei..."

I put down the weapon.

"Daiyousei... We haven't even known eachother for long... But... In that time, I've... Developed feelings for you... But now... To you, I'm a monster..."

Comment

John was slightly hurt by what HM said. Did HM really know what it was like to be supernaturally lucky? Did he know the curse that came with it? Did he know that John was helpless as all the other Spartan-IIs died? Did he know that Yukari was dead? Did he really know how much it burdened John to have to see everyone die in the end?

"Do you really think I'm so lucky?", John said as he stood back up.

"Luck is not all it's cracked up to be. I may never die, but that simply means that I have to watch as everyone I care about dies. It doesn't matter who or what they are, they all die... I'll.. I'll have you know that I'm a Spartan-II. I'm not supposed to be able to love. Well, that may be the case, but I felt something with Yukari, and if I can love, then so can you. I am not a hero, I'm a soldier that simply did what was expected of him. I already told you that your father is not dead. I gave you video proof that he is still alive, but you refuse to listen. HM, what you're asking for is going to hurt people. You know I can't allow that, and you know that it's wrong to hurt people. I withheld the truth about Base 3 because I didn't want to hurt you, because I know all too well what it's like to lose someone you think the world of. Your father is still alive, only Sebastian is making you see him as a mannequin. He's trying to hide him so that you can remain his slave, his tool. You have to stop and think.", John calmly said.

If the laser beam went off, then John was ready to put up a Hard Lightshield.
              Last edited by S121; 10-26-2013, 02:47 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Gensokyo

"What do you know about me?" Daiyousei seemed angered. "Do you think I see you as an abomination?"

Daiyousei let go of HM's shoulder and drew her blade. "If you want to further your plan... fight me. Otherwise, let go of your stupid illusion."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

That was when laughing recommenced. Many voices spoke.

"Oh, she's done it now!"

"Can't say I didn't see this coming."

"Bah, tell me bout it later, I'm taking a nap."

"I hope that blade is obliterated!!!"

"Shut it, wrath! Damn, you're loud."

"You're no better, envy."

"Oh, this is like theaters and popcorn!"

Then, a familiar voice spoke. "Now, now. Let's watch, shall we?"

Comment

John heard the voices echo throughout the entire shrine grounds and looked at Daiyousei and HM.

"Both of you, stop fighting!", John said as he ran towards them both, trying to stop the possible fight.

If the fighting started, then John wasn't sure if he could stop it. His shields were down, his helmet was still in the Escape Pod, and his leg was still injured from the earlier explosion on the Consumer. Despite all that, he still had to stop HM before he did something he would regret.
                    sigpic

Comment

I... I don't know... What... What... Is this, I don't even...

Then, HM began spazzing out.

"PI PI PI PI PI IS 3.14 THIS IS THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE WHAT IS THIS THE LONELY FOX CHASES THE ONE EYED HOUND DAI DAI DAIYOUSEI, WHAT ARE YOU ISN'T IT AMAZING WHEN THE PURPLE STUFFED WORM WITH THE TUNING FORK JUMPS OVER KARI KARI ROCK I WILL I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU-"

Then... He stops...

Comment

Gensokyo

'Close your eyes. Focus your thoughts. Clear your breath...'

"Okay, let's do it!"

sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

John was taken aback by HM's sudden outburst and was now on guard.

"Daiyousei, you might want to stand back for a moment. I have a bad feeling about this...", John said to Daiyousei as he began to slowly approach HM.

"HM, are you okay?", John asked as he slowly approached HM, ready for anything that might happen.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Oh, I can't wait! I'll be back, master!"

Then, a woman showed up behind done trees, watching. "Oh, yes! A battle for love! Go, HM!"

HM stood up.

"Daiyousei... I don't want to do this... But-... Daiyousei?"

His vision of her began to blur.

Comment

Gensokyo

"Nature Sign - Forest Call!"

Daiyousei called the nature to fight with her. The trees that the woman was hiding behind suddenly grew into Treants and slammed their large root fists at the woman.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

As soon as John heard Daiyousei call out a spellcard, he looked over to where the attack was aimed at and saw a strange woman standing there. John quickly disregarded the fight and looked back to HM.

"Are you okay? You zoned out for a moment after saying gibberish.", John said to HM, still ready to be attacked.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X