Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] - All the World's a Game

Starbucks - Tokyo City - Japan

He didn't care what hour it was or how light it was outside. All he wanted was a cup of coffee, preferably with cream and a nice warmer wrapped around the base. In other places, the primere place to go for a pickmeup was the Dark Bean, Bean Bean Cafe, Barry's Brew, etc. Things in a zombie-infested mall, odd kingdom, and Barry Burton's fantasies did not carry over to this mess of a world, even if the thought of the infamous Barry Sandwich was tempting enough. No, the only thing that would suffice for coffee was Starbucks, and Leon S. Kennedy found himself shaking his head in disgust.

As he sat down at a table all by himself, he struggled to keep his scrutinizing gaze off of the runt of a cashier. Ever since the Horizon incident, people like the agent had walked the common earth. 'People like him', or more specifically, characters from videogames. Sure, some people in this technological age of wonder welcomed the characters with open arms. Old fanboys, enthusiastic collectors, aspiring cosplayers and the like. However, they opened their arms to an unwilling and confused crowd of characters. It didn't take too long for the characters to overstay their welcome, even if they were not at fault for coming to this hell of an earth to begin with.

Somewhere down the line of command, someone got the idea that characters were still the property of the companies that created them. That made sense, and Leon was inclined to agree with them if there wasn't just one problem: he was alive and thinking clearly, and the mere thought of owning a living, breathing sentient creature like himself echoed in the word slavery tenfold. Granted, some companies were polite with their characters and did not feel like they were entitled to them- Super Mario's high chair in Nintendo was one bit of evidence-, but others were not so understanding.

Eventually, the world reached a consensus. Due to so much public outcry, they decided to assimilate the characters into their culture, their society. It seemed like such a good idea at first, but the characters and regular humans never really got along so nicely. Crime rates skyrocketed in some areas while some cities were thrown for a wild, dangerous ride. Because some people still held onto the belief that since they created the characters and controlled them in games they had the right to discriminate, tensions were always high. There were always exceptions, say, a respected character was looked up to instead of frowned upon.

Leon took a sip from his coffee and winced as he burnt his tongue. It was all too much to get used to so quickly. Some characters could not handle their existence, or simply, the truth of their existence. Leon understood his existence, but he never once appreciated it. He was a character in Resident Evil, a cop from the very beginning. CAPCOM toyed with him, as they did with many others. There was no Umbrella Corporation, no Tricell, no looming threat of bioterrorism. He was just a puppet meant to be controlled. Nothing in the games was real.

But it felt real. It was real. How can a company, nay, an entire planet say to everyone that what they went through was just a game? Leon had watched countless innocents die and turn into lumbering, moaning zombies. He had lost some of his best friends to bioterrorism. He had witnessed countless horrors and had soldiered through countless engagements, and for what? Someone's entertainment? It wasn't fair, but nothing in life was fair. Not in the world of Resident Evil, and not in this new, cruel world.

Tugging at his leather jacket, Leon sat and stewed for a moment. Sure, it hadn't been that bad of a new life. Because of his skills as a government secret agent, the common world's Japanese government had taken an interest in him. They wouldn't trust him around anyone really important out of fear that bad things would happen around protagonists, but the least they could do was put him behind a desk at SCAE, Special Character Apprehension and Elimination. One of the world's most talented and skilled agents... and he was put to work filing papers. They did let him keep his guns, so that was a bit of an upside.

A news report blared behind him on a plasma screen TV. Leon only half-paid attention to it, hearing something about strange creatures in the wilderness of Africa, madmen in Europe, small-scale calamity in Asia as a result of some character's demon summoning, and small whispers of kidnappings in North America. Chuckling, Leon shook his head and leaned back in his seat.

'Looks like the world's going to hell. Again.' As an afterthought, Leon added, 'Maybe I should have did what Muller did and signed up to be a mercenary. Then again, I think the girls around here would notice someone missing from their bland lives.'

Note: You don't have to start in Asia, but wherever you'd like. Starting next to someone generally means you want to be in a group with them or ruin their day. As the GM, I'll try to make your lives interesting... I hope.

Mima's Antique Store-Somewhere in Japan

She felt satisfied. Ever since she'd been transported away from that stupid shrine, and especially that god forsaken hokora, she felt good. She'd bought out a small abandoned store, filling it with antiques she had on her from Gensokyo. It wasn't the nicest store, it was a bit small, and there was a bit of a draft, but she honestly didn't care, she had her own little place in the world. Customers occasionally came by, mostly eyeing the strange artifacts that lined the shelves, tomes of great magical power, and apparently, she'd even get a fan of hers coming in, mostly for autographs. She never had felt such compassion. Or, if she did, she forgot about it a long time ago.

Mima really didn't care that much about her existence being a video game. Hell, she'd even gone through the games just to see how they were, and she liked them, if only for her small bit of narcissism left in her. She'd found them too easy, as she already faced them once, for real, well, as real as it felt, at least. Even worse, for some of the games, she had to play as her own warden, ugh, she hated that. She picked up a small, thick book from the counter, opening it, and pulling out the bookmark. She'd been liking some of these books, and had grown fascinated with the works of H.P Lovecraft, and was almost tempted to see if she could recreate one of these creatures, but she then realized that that might send the authorities after her.

What Mima was also wondering is what happened to her former minion, Marisa. She hadn't heard a word about her after she had gotten out to this new world, and she was...worried. It was an odd emotion, made her feel tingly, and she'd never felt this way before. But she pushed that emotion aside for now, and read "The Dunwich Horror" with a weak smile.
    Last edited by Koishi; 04-24-2013, 11:08 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Tokyo Downtown - Tokyo Coty - Japan

Yuuka glanced through the outside world. Everything looked different from Gensokyo, just like Kanako said. Dirt roads were replaced with black stone-like materials. Buildings weren't wooden anymore; they were made with iron and stone, truly an odd mix. Trees and flowers were scarce, and even from the scarcity they were kept in segments of the road, as if they were something that the humans possessed. Nature cannot be possessed by humans.

"You are another one from the video games?" A voice from behind asked. Yuuka turned and found 3 men in suits, weird gadgets in their hand. Behind them was a black, mechanic carriage, sparkling new.

"I don't know what you mean." Yuuka responded, turning to face them. "How can I help you gentlemen?"

"Incidents of video game characters are starting to appear into reality." One of the men in suits, taller and lankier one, spoke out. "We, the Neo Yakuza, are planning on controlling them into a super-army to rule the chaotic world under military rule. We would like you to participate."

"I don't know." Yuuka responded with a smirk in her face. "You guys don't look much like a criminal organization; more like a bunch of hotshot dogs to me."

sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

The forest was calm that day, the many creatures that lurked on the shadows were relaxing as no human was passing around, Renamon was jumping between trees slowly getting close to her goal, a human/character settlement. As she kept leaping on the many branches, the vixen thought about why she was going there.

Since the strange event of the fusion between the virtual and real world, many beings were both satisfied and on disagreement because their lives were in reality only a game, the vixen on the other hand was already used to this world since the adventure she had with the tamers, although she only saw the local city that the many events with the Devas and the D-reaper, and when it all finished, Renamon and her allies went back to the Digital World. In that universe she took the decision of living in a village to put an end to her life of constant battles without reason, but that didn´t stop her to keep training.

Suddenly the sky shifted in colors as their world was decoding and getting transported to the real world, most of the people of her village managed to get together on the strange forest that they got teleported into, building houses on the trees and adapting to the new resources, Renamon felt a familiar feeling while being on that new world, then she realized that they all went to the real world.

Unfortunately, on one night, the village got attacked, Renamon saw how many groups of armored humans assaulted them, their strategy was well planned as they were slowly surrounding the villagers, in instinct, the vixen defended her fellow friends and did her best to knock out the humans, yet her strength wasn´t enough for so many enemies, then something hit the back of her neck almost beating her out cold, dazed by the concusion, she saw how one of the humans was pointing a gun towards her face. the human loaded his weapon and shooted.

Renamon felt no burning pain on her face or her body, but dread filled her mind as the chief of the village shielded her. "Run, go away from here!" the old wisemon told to the shocked vixen as he used his last energies to bind the humans that surrounded them. Renamon ran to her house and only took a single thing, her old digivice and Jumped out from the window going further into the forest as she kept hearing gunfires.

(Come on.. you got to keep moving) Renamon shook her head coming back to reality, she stopped at the top of a tree and finally saw the city."So this is where both virtual and real characters live in peace" she said seeing a paper getting dragged by the wind, the vixen took it and looked at it "Special Character Apprehension and Elimination.. this might be of use." Renamon said to herself jumping down to the floor and going into the city
        Last edited by Kristia; 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

John's Apartment - Tokyo - Japan

....."You have been called upon to serve, you will be trained... and you will become the best we can make of you. You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies...".......

...."You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning."......

...."They let me pick. Did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted. You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be. Like the others, you were strong and swift and brave. A natural leader. But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw, but me. Can you guess...? Luck. Was I wrong?"....

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He snapped awake as the alarm blared in his ear. He turned to shut off the alarm clock. "6:00", he muttered under his breath. As he sat up, he looked to his armor station. It was a semi-portable ring,
          with many mechanical arms, ready for the moment that he needed his armor. Bungie, along with 343 Studios, chipped in to get it created, just for him. "Am I really so lucky?" He thought about his previous life. He thought about the many battles he fought, the enemies he's killed, the many people that made the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of humanity, Cortana.
          All of it was fiction, a dream, a game. As he shook the thoughts out of his head, he got up and prepared for his morning rituals.

His first morning ritual was an extensive myriad of exercises.
          This morning exercise consisted of 300 handstand push-ups, 300 standard push-ups, 300 sit-ups, 117 Burpees, and 500 squats. To the average human, this would be suicide, but for John, it was something he has done ever since his first days in basic training. After that, it's the normal rituals that normal people do; a shower, a shave, breakfast, hygiene, then getting dressed.

He stepped up to the armor assembly platform and waited for the machine to finish running its warm-up phase. Soon after, it sprang to life, unloading each armor plate from its storage bay.
          It positioned each plate onto the undersuit he was wearing. Each piece was locked into place by titanium-alloy bolts. After the half-ton suit of armor was in place, he went through the daily routine of calibrating the armor. He looked toward the blinking lights; left, right, up, then down. His shields crackled to life, and the familiar hum echoed in his helmet.
          He grabbed his badge and gun, and stuck them to his magnetic holster. The gun was not what he was used to, but it got the job done.
          He only used his original weapons for emergencies, since he couldn't replace the ammo for them.
          He softly walked over to the door, thinking about the last time he accidentally put his foot through the floor. He had gotten much better at walking on wooden floors, so that was an upside.

He stepped outside, locked his door, and headed to the police station.
          He was a cop, a super-cop. Since he was a Spartan, they gave him the harder jobs.
          Mainly crimes involving shootouts and armed robberies, but recently, it was dealing with the local gang problem.

They called themselves "Neo-Yakuza", an organized criminal organization. Recently, they had been kidnapping "Characters".
          The reason was a desire to boost their ranks with beings of extraordinary abilities and gain power.
          To what end? John did not know, but he was soon going to find out.

As he headed toward the station, he noticed a car that looked out of place. This car was black and looked brand new. His attention snapped from the car to voices he could hear in the distance.

..."are starting to appear into reality." "We, the Neo Yakuza, are planning on controlling them into a super-army to rule the chaotic world under military rule. We would like you to participate."
          "I don't know." "You guys don't look much like a criminal organization; more like a bunch of hotshot dogs to me."...

"Sounds like work has come to me", he said as he pulled out his gun and headed for the voices.
          Last edited by S121; 04-25-2013, 05:28 AM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Metropolitan Prefecture Airspace- Tokyo - Japan
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Disco Three Flight, AWACS Thunderhead. Climb to fifteen thousand and turn cold zero-three-zero relative for rendezvous with Air Force One. Be advised, Air Force One is on channel Alpha-Three-Poppy."

"Roger that, Thunderhead. Disco Flight is climbing."

The pilot dialled in the radio codes and glanced back at his flight of F-16s as they broke through the cloud cover and peeled off to the right. After a moment handshaking with the secure channel the President's aircraft was broadcasting on, the electronics connected. "Good Morning, Disco Flight, this is Air Force One."
            "Disco Three-One here, how you doin'?"

"Fine, fine. It's another fucking PAPABEAR code. Third one this month."

"Ah, this one is different, it's the CIC one this time."

"I'm surprised we haven't shoved a Paveway down his throat by now."

A brief chuckle. "They've tried in Ohio. Shook the damn thing off like it was no thang and threw a Marine back at the plane." The fighter pilot blinked.

"Anyway, AWACS hasn't given me much information on CIC protocol. Where we headed?"

"The Jappos have given us permission to overfly their airspace while the Pentagon tries to do something about him."

"Got it. Let's hope we get him this time."

The pilot of the lumbering 747 tapped his mike. "Ditto that, Disco." He frowned as he glanced at his displays. "Hey, I've got a single civvie aircraft on my long ranger. Doesn't look suspicious, but it shouldn't be here. Everybody should know that there's a no-fly zone around us."

"Roger Air Force One, I'll check it out. Two, on me. Three, Four, stay with the plane."

The pilot stretched back and relaxed as the autopilot started the next bank, eyeing the two fighters as they took up formation beside the aircraft. The peace last all of thirty seconds. "Jesus Christ, what the fuck!"

One wrenched the Falcon into a gut-pummelling hard break as a figure launched itself off the top of the 737 and plastered itself all over his nose. Up close, he could see the white business shirt, tie flapping in the near-mach speed, and the terrifying grin stretching across Dad's face. Days of having the threat classification of "Calamity" drilled into his head by briefers got the better of his common sense. "Punching out!" he screamed, screwed his eyes shut, and yanked on the cord between his legs. Dad blinked in confusion as the canopy blew off before nearly losing his grip as the pilot exploded into the sky in a trail of white smoke and flame. Two circled high above, fighting down the instinct to eject as well. "Holy fuck, he's here!" he roared. "Disco One has ejected, good chute, good chute! Dad is on his fucking plane!"

"Roger, Disco Two. Engage and destroy while we alert Japanese SAR." hissed Thunderhead over the radio. Two complied immediately, locking onto the falling Falcon and arming his starboard AIM-9. Dad had just clambered onto the spine of the jet, shaking his head in relief that he hadn't fallen off, when Two heard the growl and squeezed the trigger.

The missile leaped off the rail in a plume of smoke and engulfed the Falcon in a fireball, shearing the complete rear section of the aircraft to shreds and sending the crippled fighter into a flat spin, trailing fire and smoke, towards the city of Tokyo.
            Last edited by MyHatismyFriend; 04-25-2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Los Angeles harbor, early morning

The light of sunset had awoken the beast of the harbor, Big daddy slowly advanced towards the pier where he had been dropped off from a ship to work. His head-lights shining yellow he was not in a bad mood. Even though he had still not found a little sister to protect, he stubbornly continued to believe that if he continued to do what he did, he would find one eventually.

Who else would protect the little ones if he did not? A man in front of him rose his arm, indicating him to stop. After a final step he got to a halt, asking what he wanted with a vibrating low tone. ”Hey big one, you need to get some cargo out of the water!” the man shouted at him. He heard the man but tried slowly to understand what he exactly wanted from him. Waving a big from side to side with his body he remained in place, making a low monotone sound. ”Okay, okay. This stuff again.” the man started and now he really did not know what to do. The man walked towards the water and Big Daddy simply followed, looking a big around to see what happened around him.

The man stopped and pointed at a large cubic metal storage. ”This, fell in here. he said, now pointing towards the water. ”Get in the water, and take the one down there, towards there and then up to here!” pointing multiple times to indicate where to go, and finally where he had to end up again. Two short mid tones were the answer the man got. He simply started to walk towards the water and made himself simply fall in forward. The following splash called for several curses from sailor and harbor personnel but he did not hear any on it.

After a while, he had dragged the heavy object out of the water and was not dragging it towards the place where he had entered the water. The scraping of the metal enclosure on the stones made a terrible sound and quickly called the foreman to him. Waving his arms in from of Big daddy he stopped. Wondering what he wanted as he was not done with the last job. ”Its good, leave it here. Do not take it all the way there.” again, two short tones were the answer and he let the crate go. ”Now follow me, some people here want to see you.” some people? Perhaps a little sister wanted to see him? Hopeful, Big daddy followed the foreman, his steps echoing over the piers.
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It was a mainly breezy day in the middle of nowhere. Mima went up to the little, albeit crooked sign on the door, switching it around to "Open". Outside was a small dirt road, that seemed to go over the many rolling hills around the store. Around the store are the reasons she bought it in the first place. Several large cherry blossoms were around the store, swaying in the wind. It reminded her of home. Odd, that she wanted to be reminded of what was pretty much her prison, but it still felt right.

Mima went back inside, going to a large, comfortable recliner, forming her pair of legs, and leaning back in the tan and worn chair. It was old, and it creaked whenever it moved so much a millimeter, but it at least brought some noise to the quiet place, the only other sound being that of the wind. The bell on the door then made it's ringing sound, and Mima got up, going over to the counter. The customer that had come in was a fan of these interesting artifacts, and had burrowed one of her magical tomes.

"Ah, hello there. Come to return that book?" Mima asked.

"Yeah, pretty much read through it entirely." the man replied.

"You get the info I wanted?" Mima said.

"Yeah, I got some information of your colleagues." replied the man. "Reimu apparently got her whole shrine brought with her. She's got a booming business somewhere near Mt. Fuji. Yumemi got a job as a professor at Harvard University, in the US. Alice has been doing what she does best somewhere in the Amazon, and Rika's got a job as an engineer for the military."

"What about Marisa?" Mima inquired.

"Couldn't find anything about her, sorry." the man replied, putting the book on the counter.

"It's fine, just run along." Mima requested.

The man left, the door ringing as he did so, leaving Mima to sigh.

"Things can never be that easy, can they?" Mima said to herself.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

The city was full of people, both virtual and real, some were working on constructions and others were just passing around, Renamon was at the top of one of the many buildings seeing some digimon of her kind, and she noticed a piedmon, the demon man was curiously acting as what his body looked, a clown. For some reason that calmed the vixen as she kept looking for the strange organization. ("Maybe they know who were the responsibles for this")she thought.

Getting close to the center of the city, Renamon saw a rather strange building, it just felt odd by looking at it, the letters SCAE were pasted on one of the walls. Going lower as the buildings were getting smaller, the digimon landed on a small shop full of flowers, and heard some men talking suspiciously to a woman, the fox crouched getting closer to the conversation noticing something strange on the men in suits. They had similar weaponry as the ones she saw on the past, yet they were holstered on their backs. Renamon was ready to get closer when she saw another male walking towards the quartet, he had an over-average height and was using a green armor that looked worn and had a lot of experience, this easily told her that he was a virtual character too.

In the end, Renamon kept in a hidden position ready to face the men in suits, they were really similar to those squads on her village. The urge of attacking them was getting her hesitant, but the vixen mantained her calm, still ready for anything.
                  Last edited by Kristia; 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

About thirty minutes had passed since the man came and went with the information. Mima was bored again, and decided to have a nice float around of the building. Then, a car came down the dirt path with alarming speed, not stopping at the store, but just speeding down the road.

"That can't be good." Mima thought to herself.

She looked over the hill, and her face turned to that of fear and confusion. Coming slowly towards her was a giant mobile pyramid, with the colors of a deep red, with blue outlines and a gray metal finish underneath. The pyramid's front opened, revealing a large, crystal-like implement that spat out futuristic, jet-like aircraft, coming towards her at high speeds while firing orange lasers at her, which she grazed with ease.

"Finally, something to do." Mima made an evil smirk, firing streams of danmaku on the approaching jets, blasting them into smithereens. The side plates also opened on the pyramid along with the front, many, many aircraft coming directly for her.

Comment

@Krista: Oh, you're in Japan? It's a good idea to specify your current location at the start of your post so people can understand where you are.

Leaving Starbucks, En Route to Mima' Antiques - Tokyo City - Japan

Leon felt the caffeine rush into his system after the last drop of precious coffee slid down his throat. The time spent as a rookie police officer and agent had left him with the knowledge that any day could be his last, but he hardly thought about that. What he did think about was savoring the time he had now, and more importantly, the things he ate and drank. He could hardly remember when he ate on missions back in his own universe. Perhaps it was all the running from monstrosities that kept him from sitting down, or it was the bloated corpses of the zombies that ruined his appetite. He wiped his mouth on the back of his hand and got up from his seat.

Without looking at the TV one last time, the agent threw away his empty cup and stepped out into the bustling downtown area of Toyko. If he had lingered, he probably would have noticed the news update on an explosion in the sky... He tried not to linger in public places for long, especially in a crowded place like Tokyo, Japan. Seeing all the people walk around on their way to work or their families filled the man with a sense of dread. If what happened in his China happened here, the devastation would be too much to deal with. He shook his head and took off down the street, just another face in the crowd. If worst came to worst, he still had his gun and his skills, but without something to save, he was worthless.

He weaved between pedestrians on his way to Tokyo's SCAE building. His workday was over, but the hardass of a boss would be expecting him back any minute now to follow up on a small report. If he hurried, he would make it back with a few minutes to spare, thus soothing things over with the boss. Leon figured it didn't matter. For some reason, he had the sneaking suspicion that the Asian woman didn't much care for American characters, even if they had been created by a Japanese corporation. Leon sighed at that and rubbed his temples, but he brushed against a few people in doing so. He needed to get some space.

The man stepped out from the crowd and took off down a side-street. If memory served him correctly, there was a small antique shop on this street. The agent had a knack for antiques ever since the mission in Spain, and he had even collected a few items from his universe just to remind him of who he was, not of who he was created to be. He'd rather spend his time training or cleaning his gun, but he figured if he stopped by this antique shop and bought something tiny for his boss, perhaps she'd change her tune and stop getting on his case. He snorted sardonically. Women, always enjoying small, trivial things, he thought.

Comment

Aqua walks quietly trough the forest. As she walks on she begins to wonder which world this one looks the most like.
                        "I think i would say it's feels very much like Radiant Garden, there is even computers here. On the other side it feels even more advanced than Radiant Garden, and magic is rare here'" she said for herself. She stops when she arrives at her destination.

She looks up at the village and begins to walk toward it. "Maybe i can hear something about Ven or Terra here. Or maybe even find them here. It is in fact a village of both those from here and those from other worlds. I wonder why so many people got separated from their worlds at one tough" she wonders while walking towards the city.

As soon as she meets someone else she tries to ask them about Ven and Terra.

"Hello there, have you heard of anyone named Ventus or Terra?"

"No I'm sorry. Are you new around here?"

"I'm just passing by. Thanks for your time tough"
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Near Mima's Antique Shop, Fighting off the Mental Institution-Somewhere in Japan

The jets were destroyed two at a time, thanks to the wideness of her danmaku, and she kept strafing the jet's too easy to remember pattern. The pyramid then spat out a giant green orb, suddenly splitting open a giant mechanical spider, flinging green, acidic blobs at Mima, who was barely scratched by them. The pyramid's front opened again, and Mima charged a Master Spark, firing directly into the crystal, causing warning sirens to beep, and the sound of the crystal cracking echoing through the hills.

"Sorry, we're closed!" Mima said to the pyramid, which responded by firing homing missiles at her.

(Last post for now.)
                          Last edited by Koishi; 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Oh god, so many people waiting for my advancement in story. I'll try to update as much as possible from now xD

Downtown Tokyo, Tokyo City, Japan
                            The men in suits acted tough, but they were fragile inside.

"Why you bitch-" one of the men, a shorter, stockier one, drew his gadget from his back at pointed it at Yuuka. Yuuka by then realized what the gadget was: a gun.

Wait, what was gun again?

Oh right, it shoots metal danmaku. Nitori talked about it once.

The stocky man shoved his finger into the trigger hole and opened fire. The time it takes for a bullet from a regular rifle to reach the target is 0.5 seconds. Yuuka was 20 feet away from the man.

The bullet was fast, Yuuka was faster.

Using her Youkai reaction speed, Yuuka opened her parasol, shielding her from the gunfire. The stocky man relentlessly fired at Yuuka, and the other men, reluctant, fired too. Yuuka can hold with her parasol for as long as their ammo runs out, but prolonged shootouts can attract unwanted attentions.

A rose bush, at the peak of its beauty and its deadliness, came into Yuuka's view.

Yuuka smiled sadistically, and ordered the bush to grow, grow until it can reach and prevent those who seek to destroy what it seeks to preserve. The bush obeyed, growing until its vines and branches grasped the men in suits, strangling them into an immovable position.

"Let me tell you," Yuuka whispered as she stepped in close to now powerless and fearful men. "Tell your boss to not pursue me. I will not be led by anyone."

Growing tired of sadism, Yuuka liberated the men in suits, who trembled and scrambled away. They hastily got in their metal carriage and drove away, equally fast.

Maybe that's all there is to it there, Yuuka thought, but her hypothesis seemed short-coming as she spotted an armored soldier running towards her and a fox-like humanoid watching from a distance.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

(This is John's thoughts.)
                              "This is John's dialogue."

Downtown - Tokyo - Japan

("Oh no you don't"), he thought as the car started to drive away. He stuck his weapon to his magnetic holster, and sprinted towards the car. Sprinting at 50 mph, he jumped 30 feet into the air and
                              soared through the air as he landed feet first onto the hood of the car.

CRUNCH

The car's front end looked as if it was made maimed by another car. As john got off of the hood, the men got out and opened fire.
                              John's heart sped up, eyes dilated, time began to slow. The mens' yelling was slowed down to the point that John could hear the reverberations in their voices.
                              "Spartan Time" kicked in as the adrenaline rushed through his veins. John lunged to the side, and dodged an incoming bullet. He grabbed one man's wrist, and struck the man's elbow with his palm.
                              The man yelped and dropped the gun as his arm broke at the elbow. John quickly tossed him over to the side, sidestepping an oncoming bullet. He lunged towards the man and crushed him against the side of the car.
                              The second man died almost instantaneously as the half-ton giant slammed into him. John grabbed the side of the car and flipped it over, as if it was made of plastic.
                              The car rolled onto the last guy, killing him.

All this happened in the span of 6 seconds; two for the men to get out of the car, and four for the men.
                              Time began to play at normal speed as "Spartan Time" left John.
                              He looked at the man he didn't kill, and restrained him with handcuffs; both legs and to the side of the car.
                              He took a deep breath, collected his thoughts, and walked into the alleyway, toward the woman with green hair.
                              Last edited by S121; 04-25-2013, 05:24 PM.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X