Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S121 View Post
    @Katrix

Sidna nearly killing her teacher for the sake of a couple of laughs?

Sounds good to me!

Anyway, I think machinegun posting would only be acceptable if there's a fight between characters. It's not exactly easy to make a long post describing someone swinging a sword.

Not only that, it would get repetitive to keep describing the same type of swing over and over and over again.
    Just saw this: Substance guideline remains in effect. Figure out something to write, don't just make it
    "Person 1 dodged person 2 and aimed a blow at their throat."

That's dumb. Have them think through the fight and observe the other person's movements. Mix it up. Attack in more way than one way at a time.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

If you haven't noticed I changed my avatar to something resembling Sinda

@S121

Of course. It's not the first time either. In fact I think it ends up like that every time he comes to visit.

@Kilel

Are my posts fine? I'm trying my best, but this is kind of my first RP with long posts.
      (What about that I find some post from my first RP, translate them and see how you die from them.)
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

For the most part, your posts are fine. You need to work a little bit on the format, though. You make too many lines and not enough paragraphs :V

Comment

Just want to quickly say that though the IC isn't machinegunning by any means, the posts are starting to get pretty short on average, which will eventually lead to machinegunning. Try putting more substance into the posts themselves in the sense that more things happen. Make the post cover either a short but detailed time period (interactions, thoughts, plot advancement) or a longer period of time, but with average amount of detail (eg covering an entire day of movement, multiple days, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
            Just want to quickly say that though the IC isn't machinegunning by any means, the posts are starting to get pretty short on average, which will eventually lead to machinegunning. Try putting more substance into the posts themselves in the sense that more things happen. Make the post cover either a short but detailed time period (interactions, thoughts, plot advancement) or a longer period of time, but with average amount of detail (eg covering an entire day of movement, multiple days, etc)
            Remi just said exactly what I've been trying to tell you guys :V

The shorter the time covered, the more detail you use to cover it. The longer the time, the less detail.

Comment

Only exception to that would probably be QUICK AND SHORT interactions between players if they meet. Working together is fine, but having 5 pages of just you and another person talking in ONE CONVERSATION is definitely not okay. Even when I interacted with other players in the other thread, my posts were still on average like 5x longer than anyone else's posts. When interacting, dialogue is important, but so are actions, thoughts, and details. Remember that you have to present a clear and concise image of what's in your head for other readers. No one else sees what you're seeing if you don't write it out for people to read. We're not Satori or something. We can't read your minds.

Comment

Oh by the way, I have a habit of creating relationships between people at random when introducing new characters, which I will be doing soon for Sidna. They're relationships in the most basic form of the word. They may be friends, they may be enemies, but they're on the same side and they know each other. If I do that, just play along. You can choose how your character perceives the person, but they do know each other to some degree. In this case soon, it will be another soldier from Tyruss' Legion.

Comment

Eh Kilel at some point are you going to make a post as Tenebrae Directed towards Seki? That's kinda what i was waiting on. But i'll make my next post now anyway.

Comment

For now im only waiting for wriggle's response, but I will be fully here in an hour or two
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Well sorry for enjoying SeaWorld ><
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
                        Eh Kilel at some point are you going to make a post as Tenebrae Directed towards Seki? That's kinda what i was waiting on. But i'll make my next post now anyway.
                        just did it

Comment

I suggest you guys click "preview message" a few times during your typing of a post to see how lengthy it appears. If you can still see the first line in your post, it's too short :V. No, I'm kidding, but it certainly helps to know the length

Comment

Here is what was considered a medium to long post in my first RP. Feel it Kilel, feel it.

"Good day good dwarf. "
                            *bows deeply*
                            "I see you followed the message you got!
                            I'm sorry for the long waiting time, but we had some trouble with a four to five magicians that had readied an attack .
                            Well well, The brotherhood of Darkness is a group of creatures that have as target to make Amaroth the king of Aegna.
                            The brotherhood of Darkness is most known for the members Noar, Dar Shagodt, Nightshadow, Den Red Demon, The Third Servant, The Second Servant, The First Servant, Grelmar, The Duke of Nordnes og the cavetroll Dur A Bur.
                            Was there something else you were wondering about?"
                            There you go. One long to medium post from my first RP. Can it get any worse than that?
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Yes. I've written worse when I was a narutard, but that is pretty bad :V

Comment

Abot that preview post thing (yes I already do it), how big is your monitor?
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X