Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeterna - OOC/Character Registration

THIS POST IS FOR INTEREST MEASUREMENT.
    THE NEXT POST WILL DEPEND ON THE AMOUNT OF INTEREST.

Welcome To Aeterna

In 2093, Mankind embarked in the greatest journey in history. Decades of preparation. Dozens of missions. Everything led up to this. Finally, the colonization of the infamous Red Planet, Mars. On July 4th, the United States of America launched the Mega Shuttles "Christopher Columbus" and "Amerigo Vespucci" in celebration of the independence of their nation. With a crew of 50 and a cargo of 350 persons and an undisclosed number of tons of building materials each, this was the greatest endeavor pursued by mankind since the Apollo 11 landing in 1969 and the underwater colonization of the Atlantic Ocean by the reformed European Union in 2086.

2113: The Martian Colony of Plymouth has contacted Earth with an important message: Complete terraformation of the area upon which the colony was built. A perfectly breathable and livable atmosphere. Atmospheric levels were reported to be almost precisely 21% Oxygen and 79% Nitrogen in what was called the "Eden Zone" which included and was limited to a 150 kilometer bubble around the Terraformer that stood in the middle of Plymouth

2116: A brilliant, yet anonymous scientist created a sort of virtual reality machine that scanned the numerous parts of the brain that processed an individuals imagination and recreated it almost perfectly as a Three-Dimensional Image. His inspiration for the project was the saying that one's imagination is limitless. He figured that if this was true, and we could unlock the human imagination, we could discover entire universes of limitless possibilities for exploration. Of course, these lands would never be able to provide tangible profit for the real world, but he dreamed that it would help unify mankind through the understanding of one's fellows.

2118: The scientist, now identified as a German professor by the name of Seelisch, has refined his machine which he simply calls "Hive." He files a patent for a small chip that can be implanted into one's brain for the user to access and use to explore, to actually live, their imagination whenever they would see fit. The patent is accepted. Seelisch continues work, hoping to network the Hive chips so that people can explore another's imagination.

2120: The Hive chips become a world-wide hit and Seelisch is praised for his work, awarded with a Nobel Peace Prize.

2121: The Hive hits 1 Billion Users.

2122: Seelisch announces that he has perfected firmware that networks the Hive chips, and makes it known that this firmware update can be acquired for a small fee at the clinics where the Hive users had their Hive chips implanted.

2123: The HiveNET hits 500 million users. A subscription fee for HiveNET becomes a necessity as to prevent unemployment from skyrocketing

2124: All 1 Billion original users of the Hive have now networked their chips, along with 2 Billion more joining the greatest journey mankind has embarked upon since the Mars Colonization. The journey into the Human Mind. Crime rates plummet as people begin exploring the minds of their fellow man, beginning to understand them. World Peace becomes an international topic.

2125: The HiveNET takes on a landscape of its own, becoming so dense that it cannot support its previous setup of a hub that leads to different minds. The imaginations of mankind create one massive world, dubbed Aeterna, derived from the Latin word for "Eternal." Aeterna is littered with cities, mountains, forests, oceans, deserts, etc. It is effectively a planet of its own, only the possibility for exploration is endless.

2126: A hacker hijacks the HiveNET, changing the code in the firmware to disallow people from escaping, trapping billions their imaginations, and blocking Seelisch out of the system. The HiveNET cannot be shut down and the people inside must save themselves. Some do not mind this, they have become addicted to the HiveNET. However, employment plummets as the billions of users become trapped inside their own minds, and the minds of the rest of humanity. The hacker, known only as Tyruss, has erected himself an empire, with many of the more blood-thirsty members of the HiveNET as his subordinates. His empire begins in the center of Aeterna, a place known as Regius, and ending... well... nobody knows where it ends. Tyruss's men are everywhere. Nobody knows just how many he has, or when they will show up.

Now Tyruss is hunting you. For reasons possibly beyond your knowledge, you represent a threat to Tyruss's empire. Gather as many friends as you can, as you are not the only one who Tyruss has his sights on. You must either fight back together to free Aeterna and hopefully save yourself from this entrapment, or join Tyruss and rule Aeterna with an iron fist. Oh, and don't die... if you die here, you'll never return to the real world until Tyruss is defeated and the code is put back in order.

|||
    Rules of Aeterna

Seelisch originally had allowed limitless potential with Aeterna. All matter of guns and such were allowed. However, with Tyruss in charge and unwilling to face the possibility of a bullet, he disabled them when he broke into the code for the HiveNET. He has effectively plummeted Aeterna into a medieval age. You may have a rifle, but you cannot use it. Guns are rendered pointless by Tyruss's code. However, he is not unsporting. He has allowed you usage of magical spells and numerous melee weapons.

Basically, your character can be anything you want them to, but they are stuck with whatever they have upon creation, unless they find/buy other things.

Due to your character having limitless potential, there are bound to be overpowered characters. Do not make your characters overpowered. I will not allow them if I find them too overpowered.

I think GodModding goes without saying >_>

One character per RPer unless their character dies. Then they may make a new one, however they must be different from the first.

DO NOT GIVE SHORT, SUBSTANCE-LESS POSTS, AND DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT MACHINEGUN POST LIKE YOU DO IN ALL THE WORLD'S A GAME.

RELATIONSHIPS ARE A-OK. IN FACT, I ENCOURAGE THEM.

General roleplaying rules apply. I might have forgotten something. If you have any questions on the legality of your next post, talk to me.
    |||
    Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-20-2013, 02:26 AM.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Ah, fuck it, I'll make the next post now.
    |||
    ESTABLISHED FACTIONS:

Tyruss' Legion - This is Tyruss's omnipresent empire, led by himself and his three hacker cohorts, Malus, Tenebrae, and Vohr.

Mercenaries - What do you think these are?

Phenom's Rebels - A Small group of disorganized rebels from the southern town of Spera

Freelancers - not part of a faction, can be recruited. Can be "(Character's Name)'s Rebels". This is war.
    |||
    CHARACTER TYPES:

Hero: A natural leader... okay, maybe not, but he's taken it upon himself to lead an army against Tyruss. (Spoiler: This is the young commander Phenom.) (Character Limit: 1)

Messiah: A character who has the uncanny ability to fulfill just about any prophecy that exists in the vast world of Aeterna, even though they are not really part of it. WARNING: You may or may not be the target of kidnapping attempts in an effort to further strengthen Tyruss' Legion because of this ability. (Character Limit: 2. Special Note: Must be good guy.)

Soldier: You're just a warrior. You're being hunted by Tyruss not for your uncanny abilities, but the simple fact that you oppose him, you're stronger than most, and that makes you a threat. Or maybe you're fighting for Tyruss. Your choice.

Commander: You're a unit commander in Tyruss' Legion. Fight the Good Guys. Be a dick. Listen to me when I'm RPing Tyruss. (Special Note: Must be Bad Guy)

Apothecary: You make potions to help people. You're the white mage. Only not a mage. Well... yeah, you are kinda, but you can only use defensive magic.
    |||
    MAGIC TYPES:

Speed Magic

Wood Magic

Wind Magic

Fire Magic

Water Magic

Ice Magic

Lightning Magic

Earth Magic

Light Magic

Sound Magic

All of these, except speed, have defensive and offensive forms. You can take both for reduce adeptness in both, or specialize in one for furthered mastery. ONLY ONE MAGIC TYPE PER CHARACTER (unless you're clever with it )

CHARACTER FORM

Character's Name (Note: Not necessarily their real life name):

Sex:

Type:

Faction:

Magic:

Primary Weapon:

Secondary Weapon:

Other Equipment:

History/personality:

Appearance (Quick description or picture):

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

|||

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

Phenom Ortus - Kilel

Heinrich Eisenberg - Remi

Yomimatomo Akainoreiji - BookDragon

Seki - Trouble

Kris - Kristia

Sidna - Katrix

Nicole Evergreen - Wrigguru

Otori Inozuka - WonderWeiss

Jason Stone - S121

Sunat Montri - JJ
    Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

um.. the "machine gun" posting happens too much when we are hot boiled and too immersed in the story ^^;
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I seriously want to join, I am a philosopher studying in imagination. Can you just give me the plot, short and sweet?

Comment

@WW: Fight the bad guys, save the world. This is a war, anything can happen.

Comment

So basic character signup the?

Comment

"AND DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT MACHINEGUN POST LIKE YOU DO IN ALL THE WORLD'S A GAME."

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lol.

This does look interesting though.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

working on it

Comment

CHARACTER SHEET IS GO

Comment

rules updated slightly

Comment

I'm really worn out from writing all of that intro stuff, so this is generally phenom.

Character's Name: Phenom Ortus

Sex: Male

Type: Hero

Faction: Phenom's Rebels (Leader)

Magic: Speed Magic (Greatly strains his body.)

Primary Weapon: Broad Sword

Secondary Weapon: Short Sword

Other Equipment: Nothing.

History/personality: Phenom was born to a middle-class family and had a rather dull life. He always yearned for a more dramatic existence, but would never be graced with one for more than a day: The day his parents were killed in front of him and his little sister, Lachesis. 15 and 9 respectively, Phenom and Lachesis withdrew into their home as most of their close relatives were on the Amerigo Vespucci Mega Shuttle on the way to Mars. Using some of their inheritance, they both acquired Hive chips and a HiveNET subscription in and effort to escape the panging loneliness of being orphaned. They went everywhere and did everything together in the HiveNET, and Phenom never let his eyes off of Lachesis except when he logged out to make them dinner. Even then, she was never too far from his sight.

Then Tyruss happened.

The siblings, who were together for 4 years, found themselves trapped inside the HiveNET and were soon taken to the hospital when a concerned neighbor noticed they stopped leaving the building and went to check on them, only to find their unconscious bodies. It wasn't long before Tyruss started hunting down potential threats. Living in the southwestern town of Fortuna, they were caught off guard when Tyruss raided the town. They took the villagers prisoner and began executing them one by one until they came upon Lachesis clinging to Phenom. Since Lachesis was next in line, they took her first. They decided to be especially brutal the young orphan, beating her until she couldn't rise on her own, then forcing her up and slitting her persona's throat in front of Phenom. Phenom had heard that people who died remained in pitch darkness, forever between log-in and log-out. Lachesis, still childish despite her age, was terrified of the dark to the point of having panic attacks whenever she was alone in the dark. Knowing that she would be trapped in that forever infuriated Phenom, and something inside of him snapped.

His body began vibrating so quickly that his wrists and ankles melted the binds that held them like a hot knife to butter. His body vibrated faster and faster before it generated a small explosion: A miniature sonic boom. This knocked his would-be executioner on his rear and forced him to drop his equipment, which Phenom promptly snatched up and used, proceeding to slaughter the company of 150 troops occupying Fortuna at a breakneck pace. Virtual blood flowed through the towns streets and stained his clothes in some places.

Since then, he created Phenom's Rebels, based in Spera, swearing to demolish Tyruss's Empire for trapping his sister in a mental limbo.

Phenom is headstrong and reckless. He can be caring, but he rarely shows it anymore after seeing the fate it earned his sister.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): Phenom is caucasian with dark brown, messy and matted down hair and green eyes. He stands at approximately 6 feet and weighs around 160 pounds. He wears a black fleece jacket flecked with bloodstains, but allows it to hang off of his body, tucked tightly into his loose, dark blue jeans, also flecked with bloodstains. "Underneath" the jacket, he wears a black, crew cut T-shirt, also also flecked with bloodstains. Despite being more enthusiastic on HiveNET, he often looks tired.

SO HE'S BASICALLY LIKE OREKI HOUTAROU IN FACIAL APPEARANCE

Strengths: His greatest strength is his willingness to do anything it takes to dethrone Tyruss.

Weaknesses: Not a particularly good leader. Charismatic, maybe, but tactful, no. Combat-focused to a fault. He sometimes forgets that he's not the only one on the battlefield.
                      Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-21-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

If this turns into a machine gun thread, I'm ditching like the other one, but until then...

Character's Name: Heinrich Eisenberg

Type: Messiah (You better make this interesting.)

Faction: Merc (I'm assuming this means I can choose to solo most shit if I want to, but can also be hired if I allow it, but still hold an affiliation to good vs bad)

Magic: Earth Magic (Offensive)

Primary Weapon: High Mage Staff (Stealing this one from FFVIX)

Secondary Weapon: Multiple daggers hidden throughout clothing

Other Equipment: A relatively large pack that Heinrich carries with many supplies for living and goods that he has bought on his journeys. Though by appearance the pack seems to be heavy and cumbersome, Heinrich uses his magic to manipulate the earth's density specifically around him to weaken the effect of gravity, making his pack lighter and allowing himself to move quicker than a normal gravitational field would allow. (I KNOW THIS MAKES NO PHYSICAL SENSE BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW GRAVITY WORKS. SHUT UP I TRIED TO MAKE IT SOMEWHAT SENSIBLE)

(Not equipment but...) He also has a magic-imbued pet crow by the name of Jaeger

History/personality: A quiet and reserved individual, Heinrich lived in the real world unnoticed, but always attentive and tactful, he would come out from the shadows to heed advice or suggestions whenever he saw his intervention necessary. Since being locked into the world of HiveNET and learning of Tyruss, Heinrich set out on a mission as a lone wolf to serve justice to the world of Aeterna. Mostly traveling by himself and his companion Jaeger, Heinrich travels around Aeterna in search of answers and clues as to how he can quickly and effectively remove Tyruss and his henchmen from power, restoring peace to Aeterna.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): Heinrich is a rather heavyset man of German descent. Though he had no accent in real life while speaking English, he chose to create his character with a German accent. Usually robed in a distinctively mage-like garb, Heinrich has a preference for brown and dark green clothes, representing his affinity and specialization in earth-based magic. His face and body show obvious signs of wear and tear with marks and scars that he's gained over his years of traveling Aeterna by himself. When one looks at Heinrich, they might notice that he always seems to have a neutral, calculating, and even cold look on his face. A man of few words, Heinrich misses nothing.

Strengths: Always calculating, Heinrich is good at always keeping himself ahead of his foes by one step. Utilizing his vast knowledge in magic as well as his immense store of knowledge from reading books, Heinrich's intelligence and cunning is not to be underestimated. When in need, Heinrich can also use his pet Jaeger to be his eye in the sky.

Weaknesses: Because Heinrich has always been traveling and braving Aeterna by himself, he seems to lack some basic human functions for social interaction. Though he can go through towns and get his tasks done, he is not one to sit and have small talk with. Stemming from this, Heinrich has a hard time accepting help from anyone, even when he is in between a rock and a hard place.

This RP better be good. It's promising.

Comment

Why you gotta be so demanding, Remi? You're gonna make me mess up ;_;

Comment

I want to try
                            Character's Name: yomimatomo akainoreiji

Type: apothecary

Faction: Mercenary(not for money, just access to knowledge and books)
                            further clarification: works mainly for own self interest.

Magic: wood Magic (defensive)

Primary Weapon: A black leather bound book with runes in a circle engraved on the cover, magic is channeled through it

Secondary Weapon: huthvirn (a staff with short blades at both ends), (occasionally whacks people with books tooXD)
                            http://www.relmisles.co.uk/OTa_Thumb...adedStaff2.gif
                            like this except the staff is 1 meter long and the blades are only 10cm, and the whole thing is black, even the blades. Able to use it well enough, but not to the standards of experts. Has improved the weapon with magicand improved on it so many times with magic that although by now most of the past effects have worn off, it is virtually unbreakable.

Other Equipment: Books for light reading and additional knowledge carried in a small pack, (no food and water as stays near a stream in a forest in aeterna, thus food and water are easily availible). Also occasionally picks up or makes some temporary equipment(weapon, tools etc), but never keeps them long, either they are used, broken or just lost interest. Also carries around some random seeds, herbs etc(parts of plants)

History/personality: Seems to have a dual-personality: sometimes quiet and reserved, prefers to be left alone while like that, more likely to snap if disturbed when in this mood(prefers to be called 'yomi' while thus), other times hyperactive and energetic, revels in company while feeling thus, often annoys people when thus, so doesn't mind when he himself is disturbed(prefers to be called 'matomo' while like that)(eyes change from black to red for some reason). When trapped in aeterna, did not mind as much as he usually just spends time reading and he had plenty of books with him then. Willing to help others if they need help though.Prefers to be a loner, but doesn't mind other people as long as they don't disturb him too much, very hard to convince him to join any group.Prefers to avoid fighting, but enjoys being a bystander, often prefers to escape fights. But if forced to fight, prefers to use magic at long range but if unable to, he is able to harden his clothes fibers to give the clothing minor protection which is able to block and absorb most normal physcial attacks, this does not protect him against magic.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): An average looking teenage boy through out, wearing long black jeans and a white shirt with long black sleeves, carries around a black hooded jacket either worn or tied around waist as he is very sensitive to cold but doesn't mind the heat much. Always carry a book around, either for casual reading or just practicing spells. Overall other than the jacket and the book, easily forgotten and unremarkable when calm, but when hyperactive, tends to be remembered. Is of japanese descent although born in an english country, weirdly, while not wearing glasses looks Japanese, but while wearing them looks English. Speaks English a bit weirdly in terms of choice of words.

Strengths: Has a lot of random knowledge from all the different books read, can calculate/visualize and thus easily understand concepts, occasionally able to see into the past and future by bending light, but this is very high level magic and can rarely be done successfully, usually done unconciously. Able to occasionally infuse objects with own magic to create some ingenious tools, but he never keeps most of them, the only thing he kept is the huthvirn and the grimoire. Quite nimble, can climb up structures like trees,walls etc easily.

Weaknesses: Hard to like, when in one mood, usually ignores you, while in the other, gets in your face thus bad social skills. Also has a terrible sense of direction, gets lost easily, prefers not to go into large cities without a guide. While in any battle, unable to do much.

this is my first time doing this and i hope that this is okay, i would prefer if there were some magic like void or darkness but light is fine
                            this should be fun...
                            Last edited by bookdragon2000; 08-02-2013, 02:37 AM.
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Originally posted by bookdragon2000 View Post
                              I want to try
                              Character's Name: yomimatomo akainoreiji

Type: apothecary

Faction: Mercenary

Magic: light Magic (defensive obviously, but question: does defensive include passive( not aggressive but not for defense either))

Primary Weapon: A black leather bound book with runes in a circle engraved on the cover, magic is channeled through it

Secondary Weapon: huthvirn (a staff with short blades at both ends), (occasionally whacks people with books tooXD)

Other Equipment: Books for light reading and additional knowledge carried in a small pack,( no food and water as stays near a stream in a forest in aeterna, thus food and water are easily availible

History/personality: Seems to have a dual-personality: sometimes quiet and reserved, prefers to be left alone while like that, more likely to snap if disturbed when in this mood(prefers to be called 'yomi' while thus), other times hyperactive and energetic, revels in company while feeling thus, often annoys people when thus, so doesn't mind when he himself is disturbed(prefers to be called 'matomo' while like that). When trapped in aeterna, did not mind as much as he usually just spends time reading and he had plenty of books with him then. Willing to help others if they need help though.

Appearance (Quick description or picture): An average looking teenage boy through out, wearing long black jeans and a white shirt with long black sleeves, carries around a black hooded jacket either worn or tied around waist as he is very sensitive to cold but doesn't mind the heat much. Always carry a book around, either for casual reading or just practicing spells. Overall other than the jacket and the book, easily forgotten and unremarkable when calm, but when hyperactive, tends to be remembered. Is of japanese descent although born in an english country, weirdly, while not wearing glasses looks Japanese, but while wearing them looks English. Speaks English a bit weirdly in terms of choice of words.

Strengths: Has a lot of random knowledge from all the different books read, can calculate/visualize and thus easily understand concepts, occasionally able to see into the past and future by bending light, but this is very high level magic and can rarely be done successfully.

Weaknesses: Hard to like, when in one mood, usually ignores you, while in the other, gets in your face thus bad social skills.

this is my first time doing this and i hope that this is okay, i would prefer if there were some magic like void or darkness but light is fine
                              this should be fun...
                              IS bueno. Yes Defensive includes passive.

Comment

Working...
                              X