X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kilel, a question.
    Were the citizens of Aeterna granted a random magic power or did they get to choose?
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

I would imagine that it's sort of inherited.

That's why I gave Jason the power over motion (speed) and his father the power over gravity.

Both powers have similarities.

I'm not sure if it's choice. If it was, speed mages wouldn't be such a rarity.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

some are inherited, some are not.
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Character's Name: Sunat Montri

Sex: Male

Type: Assassin/Soldier

Faction: Mercenary

Magic:
          Refraction (Passive Light Magic)
          -Able to bend light to his will. He can create mirages of projectiles or himself.
          -Semi-invisibility. Though not perfect, he is able to nearly erase the presence of his body. From up close, there is an obvious shimmer in the air which shows light be distorted where his body should be. This takes a lot of concentration and can only be done out of combat.

Weapons and fighting style:
          He is proficient in Muay Thai, knife fighting, and knife throwing. He excels at close and mid-range fighting. He has developed a very agile and well built body because of his focus in physical combat. His refraction magic is used to make mirage copies of his throwing knives and disarray his opponents in close quarters. In melee combat, his body is a distorted blur and every attack gives off illusions. For example, an opponent would see multiple kicks or punches targeting different areas when he just throws one.

History:
          He is of Thai descent and is one of the few practitioners of martial arts in real life. He entered the HiveNet as it was the sole place he could put his martial arts to actual use. He would rather have magic not exist in the world and have melee combat be the only means of fighting, but he couldn't control those rules. Not wanting to lose the edge in battle, he took up a passive magic that could best complement his fighting style and let him keep his focus on his martial arts origin. In the HiveNet, he has become infamous in the underworld for being an assassin that always gets the job done no matter what time of day it is. Because of his magic, he does not need darkness to cloak his presence and can deal assassinations in broad daylight as well as night.

Appearance: He has a well built and agile body after many years of practice, resembling that of professional MMA fighters. He has a single cloak which is black on one side for night, and white on the other side for daytime. He has various belts on his body which he uses to hold and conceal his multitude of combat and throwing knives.

Strengths:
          Close/Mid Range solo or small scale battles.
          Can always conceal presence.

Weaknesses/Personality:
          He looks very intimidating and people rarely interact with him. Although he seems like the aloof and silent type, he is actually a very high spirited man. The problem is, because of his large size and strong build, his gestures will often be mistaken for an evil, crazy laugh of a person who can kill you in one hit. He can best interact with people who share his like in melee combat. He is disgusted by people who can only do battle by focusing on magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaeyjay View Post
            Character's Name: Sunat Montri

Sex: Male

Type: Assassin/Soldier

Faction: Mercenary

Magic:
            Refraction (Passive Light Magic)
            -Able to bend light to his will. He can create mirages of projectiles or himself.
            -Semi-invisibility. Though not perfect, he is able to nearly erase the presence of his body. From up close, there is an obvious shimmer in the air which shows light be distorted where his body should be. This takes a lot of concentration and can only be done out of combat.

Weapons and fighting style:
            He is proficient in Muay Thai, knife fighting, and knife throwing. He excels at close and mid-range fighting. He has developed a very agile and well built body because of his focus in physical combat. His refraction magic is used to make mirage copies of his throwing knives and disarray his opponents in close quarters. In melee combat, his body is a distorted blur and every attack gives off illusions. For example, an opponent would see multiple kicks or punches targeting different areas when he just throws one.

History:
            He is of Thai descent and is one of the few practitioners of martial arts in real life. He entered the HiveNet as it was the sole place he could put his martial arts to actual use. He would rather have magic not exist in the world and have melee combat be the only means of fighting, but he couldn't control those rules. Not wanting to lose the edge in battle, he took up a passive magic that could best complement his fighting style and let him keep his focus on his martial arts origin. In the HiveNet, he has become infamous in the underworld for being an assassin that always gets the job done no matter what time of day it is. Because of his magic, he does not need darkness to cloak his presence and can deal assassinations in broad daylight as well as night.

Appearance: He has a well built and agile body after many years of practice, resembling that of professional MMA fighters. He has a single cloak which is black on one side for night, and white on the other side for daytime. He has various belts on his body which he uses to hold and conceal his multitude of combat and throwing knives.

Strengths:
            Close/Mid Range solo or small scale battles.
            Can always conceal presence.

Weaknesses/Personality:
            He looks very intimidating and people rarely interact with him. Although he seems like the aloof and silent type, he is actually a very high spirited man. The problem is, because of his large size and strong build, his gestures will often be mistaken for an evil, crazy laugh of a person who can kill you in one hit. He can best interact with people who share his like in melee combat. He is disgusted by people who can only do battle by focusing on magic.
            IS bueno. He won't like Vohr :V

Comment

Oh so it's a stronger Sunny Milk. :3
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Agh, writing fight scenes alone can be so boring sometimes. It gets weird when you're going back and forth between names @_@

Comment

That's why I try to avoid it as much as possible. Having Sidna nearly kill her teacher is another thing though.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

This RP seems to actually be quite interesting... I might join this (and no I won't machine gun post. I'll try my hardest to get decent length posts in.)

Comment

@Katrix

Sidna nearly killing her teacher for the sake of a couple of laughs?

Sounds good to me!

Anyway, I think machinegun posting would only be acceptable if there's a fight between characters. It's not exactly easy to make a long post describing someone swinging a sword.

Not only that, it would get repetitive to keep describing the same type of swing over and over and over again.
                      Last edited by S121; 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM.
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

121, please don't do a line for every sentence. Try writing a bit more, your posts are lacking D8
                        Fill them with all sorts of considerations your character has, have them do little insignificant things like picking up small rocks and studying them out of boredom or plain curiosity. MOAR SUBSTINS

Comment

It's a cave. I already described everything there is.

I could probably fit a sentence or two, but caves are pretty boring places.

If it was a city, I could make at least a paragraph describing it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                            It's a cave. I already described everything there is.

I could probably fit a sentence or two, but caves are pretty boring places.

If it was a city, I could make at least a paragraph describing it.
                            Use his mind, have him do simple things to occupy his time. Detail his motions, include mundane things that are completely unimportant. It helps paint a picture of what the character is doing in someone's head. The characters become less stiff and more like people :V

Sorry I'm such a stickler about this. College writing classes will do that to you
                            Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-21-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I put some extra stuff.

Details about where he's planning on going.
                              sigpic

Comment

that's better :3 It's all about the little things

Comment

Working...
                                X