X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everbloom Forest - 1:10 AM

"You want to use the "shortcut". I can't see why that can't be arranged. You can only go where I am going though, and I'm going to Regius to study some more.
    You'll have to follow even tough you may not like it."

She then turned to Vox. "I don't think I can bring you with me. I'm sure they would not react happily if they saw you around there. Let's just make the next tracking session not too far away.
    I'll hope I can find a sound mage the next time."

She began creating a strong wind which would carry them. While it was not the most reliable ways to travel it was faster than foot and you didn't have to walk.
    Sidna herself was balancing perfectly due to her being in the middle of the wind. Hell master was not as fortunate though. He was rolling like a ball on a floor due to being on one of the sides.

Sidna looked over at him, enjoying tormenting him a little. "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about it at the moment. As you know I'm kind of in a bad condition."
    Just to see how he would react she created a little bit more fluctuations than there already were causing him to turn even more.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District - Inn

Kris looked at the ores and they indeed were pure and perfect to upgrade her sword and bow, she chuckled at the merchant´s joke anout the katana and took a drink of water

Hearing the question, the huntress answered "Im more like a traveler than a ranger, going from place to place and discover things, this world is full of wonders if you search for its details, there are deep caves with hidden temples in the southern areas of the land and almost unreachable fortress in the northern mountains, you can call me Kris" she explained

Taking another sip of her water, Kris kept saying "Even though this is a medieval type of world, people have tried to advance in technology, take for example this" she took her telescope from her backpack "It was in an abandoned observatory hidden between the desert´s canyons, its late creator took great deal of work to make this object, the lens are of optimal quality and the frame can be shrunk to look like a tiny glass of water."

starting to sharpen her sword, Kris then asked to the merchant "And what brings you here Mr..?" she trailed off asking for the merchant´s name
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Hell Master would rant on her for being such a klutz, but at this point...

"... Just call it a conpensation for your condition..."

But deep down, he knew... That she was doing most of it on purpose.

Oh, it's conpensation alright. Just wait until you feel better...

"So what are you -oof- gonna study -ouch- on -ow-?"

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District

After several hours of traveling, both hungry and quite tired from her long and tedious up mountain travel, Seki while huffing and puffing had finally made it to the town of Kalkun. She spoke into her deep breaths.

“huff huff puff We did it Anna! Now if only we could find some… OH!”

Near the end of her sentence Seki’s nose managed to catch wind of the smell of food coming from the Inn. Someone must have been cooking or eating there at the time Seki arrived. Seki followed her nose around to the back of the Inn. The outside wall being the only thing between her and the kitchen. Luckily kitchens in the olden days often needed either a chimney or an open window depending on whatever method they used to bake bread or cook meet. While it would have been easier to blast or cut her way into the kitchen, Seki was in no condition to start a fight against the inn dwellers who could very possibly be either large in number or have any sort of powerful magic. Plus doing this wouldn’t give her very long to eat before having to run away or fight.

Seki climbed her way up the back end of the Inn using her strange yet effective methods of movement often seen in battle. Once she reached the roof she jumped down the chimney without giving it a second thought or even worrying about being burnt. The smoke filled her lungs and caused her to cough on the way down. The burning flames were under a hot pan which was baking a delicious loaf of bread. At the last second before falling onto the panand suffering terrible burns, Seki pushed herself off the back wall of the chimney and dashed forward out towards the baker. Grabbing hold to his neck. She flew out of the chimney and turned her body one-hundred and eighty degrees while holding to the man’s head forcing it to turn in the same way. The man wore his head on backwards for a few moments before he collapsed on the floor and died.

Seki was quiet for a moment as she looked around to see if anyone had heard her, and after a moment of silence began stuffing her face with bread, lamb and milk.

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District

Taking a piece of bread, Kris eated it with ease enjoying the simple yet delicious food.

Suddenly she heard some ruckus on the kitchen, which was strange since the kitchen staff was dancing with the bard´s music. "Please wait here, I´ll check some ruckus over there" she said to the merchant while getting up and going to the kitchen

Entering the room, the huntress noticed some mess happened in the kitchen, ("But what happened in this place?") she thought moving slowly and then noticed the chef lying on the ground, quickly Kris checked his pulse and unfortunately there was no pulse to feel ("Dammit.. whoever has murdered him must be close")

Kris dre her sword silently and heard someone in a corner of the room. Walking slowly to the source of the sound, the huntress noticed a girl eating like there was no tomorrow. "Um.. who are you?" she asked calmly

The girl looked young, but there was a feeńing of utter madness on her, so Kris was ready for an attack just in case.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Residuum Steppes - 1:10 AM

Phenom staggered back and threw his hands up in surprise.

"HEY, NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-WAIT!" he pleaded. When his words would not reach this jumpy individual, he leaped over his head and unsheathed his swords.

"Stop right there or, so help me, I will fuck you up beyond your worst nightmares. Are you one of Tyruss's men? Choose your answer carefully, it may save your life."

He pointed his broad sword at the boy and prepared his body for any magic he might have to use.

"So that's the whole story, Lady Tenebrae~. I'm not sure why Sidna's hunting off of orders, but I had nothing to do with it~"

Tenebrae looked down at the young captain before turning away.

"Whatever, kid... I'm returning to headquarters. You're free to do whatever you want. I have to give Tyruss my report."

And with that she was off. Behind her, Vox stood waving with a large grin on his face.

"Good bye, Lady Tenebraaaeeeeee~"

(god, I need to get my characters into better positions to detail things properly.)
              Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
              "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Residuum steppes-1:10AM

Yomi hesitated a moment. The man wielded his huge sword with practiced ease and Yomi knew that for most people in aeterna, they fought in a melee to survive while he only fought this close if left with no choice. Chances are, he would lose the fight. The only reason he was about to fight this man was that he had thought that he was a bandit and that the man was handling his books. But now the man had relinquished his hold on yomi's belongings and there was no reason to fight.
                "In fact, it seems that the man doesn't want to fight, except if I were one of those men that was mentioned, tyruss's men? This man sounds particularly hostile against them. And who the hell it this tyruss person?" Thought yomi in confusion.

And in that short space of time, Yomi was given another reason to stop, he had not recovered his strength and already, he could feel his strength waning as the spell he had case on his clothes drained his virtually non-existent strength. His muscles still ached from the earlier travel and the adrenaline would only last so long.

With the decision made, he lowered the huthvirn, while releasing the spell on his clothes. Yomi waited silently for an opportunity and watched as the man relaxed slightly and opened his mouth to speak.

"There it is!, time to go"

Gathering his remaining strength, Yomi created one final flash to hide himself temporarily and then bent the light around his body once more. Yomi picked up his pack and bounded over the nearest rise, before stopping his light bending trick to prevent himself from losing all his strength.

Then yomi turned and headed due north. There was too much happening, too many questions, it was time to stop being so isolated and start asking questions, and the best place for those questions to be answered would be in the city. So while munching on a pear, he stumbled wearily onwards, towards the south district of the city.
                Last edited by bookdragon2000; 07-24-2013, 08:53 AM.
                How many times can you die a day~?
                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Kalkun: Rockhill District

At this point Seki was quite dirty, having been covered in mud, ash, suet from the chimney, flower, and some kind of sauce used to increase the flavor oh the various meets sold at the Inn. She sat on the floor cramming her mouth full of bread and then lifting a metal bucket of milk to her lips to wash it down without choking to death. Seki didn’t notice the huntress had entered the room until after she had spoken directly to her. As she was about to take another bite of bread, Seki turned her head to face the woman. Seki hadn’t been in a burn cut kill destroy mindset since her house had been smashed possibly from depression or lack of motivation, and at the moment all she could think about was satisfying her terrible hunger.

“Tired and Hungry.”

She said in response having misunderstood the question. Seki had stopped eating now and was looking at the other woman. She didn’t seem murderous, at least not at the moment.

Comment

Any idiot from Regius onward could tell that the item in 'Kris's' hands, the telescope, was unique, but to a merchant like Eric, he could tell that it was something extraordinary. Keen eyesight was a godsend in plains and mountain districts, and the rangers and archers who possessed it were revered. Being able to see the enemy from a distance before they could see you was a rare treat, and in the right hands, it could make for a devastating tool. Eric was not interested in using it for personal gains such as scouting- it was best to leave that to those who fought- but he could probably earn a pretty penny or two from a soldier looking to buy special tools. Problem was, the telescope wasn't his to sell.

Eric's eyes lingered on the telescope in wonder for a moment longer before returning eye-contact. Perhaps it was time to start the barter... after a bit of friendly conversation, of course. Rushing business was like tossing tea in royalty's face... His smile widened as he offered his hand for a handshake.

"Reynard, Eric Reynard: traveling trader, wandering wareman, etc... Call me by my first or last name, I don't care. It fits the bill either way." He checked his pack on whim before picking up his glass of whiskey. "Pleasure to meet you Kris. My business for being here is not too different from yours... 'cept I actually have a business. I'm a fan of traveling as well. Picked up the road and pack just so I could see the world and earn enough money to keep doing it. I've been around the western part of Aeterna for awhile before moving up from Regius with Bob." Eric chuckled. "Bob's the mule out front. He's my 'beast of burden', or maybe it's the other way around. Regardless, I'm here to do a little trading before hiking out to forage out in the forests. Heard there were some prime ingredients out there that a few mages would pay an arm and a leg for. And the views wouldn't be so bad either..."

The man leaned back in his stool and tapped the two ebony ores.

"Now, let us speak of business... I'd sell to a blacksmith, but you look like you'd put this to better use. This ore is hard to come by, plus in its condition it's quite rare... On the other hand, sleeping on my side every night bothers me, so, I'd be willing to part with these for 160 gold coins."

The next he looked up, the ranger had vanished.

"...Can't sit still, eh?"

In the meantime, the merchant decided to check his inventory. When the ranger, Kris, came back, business would continue. It seemed that she left in some kind of a hurry, probably heard something too, but Eric shook his head.

(( At midnight I had this reply all ready to go, but my internet cut out and I needed to sleep... ))
                    Last edited by Major Mario; 07-24-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Regius South District - Sidna's training ground

After sailing with the wind for some time they finally arrive back at Regius. Sidna chooses her training ground as a landing place.
                      It's wide, open and she was going there anyway once she returned to Regius.

When she arrive her teacher is sitting by the edge. Upon seeing Sidna her begins clapping. "Bravo! Bravo! Finally I see you're doing some pure wind magic."
                      This kind of annoyed Sidna. ("How did he know that I would be here at this exact time. Did he just wait for me through the whole night?
                      He does have a few tricks of his own. Maybe it's the birds?")

"I'm afraid it won't last for long. I'm studying a whole new approach to water magic. Something a little bit more direct than what I did in the past."
                      First she got some water in a sturdy container. Next she opened one of the jars on her belt. It was filled with oil to keep the material from reacting with the air.
                      The jar was filled with Potassium. A very reactive element.

She got a small piece, positioned herself a good distance away and threw it into the pot. Once hitting the pot it violently exploded. "So far so good. The potassium is still in good condition."
                      Next she tried to do what she had seen the boy do. How he was able to do it she still didn't understand, but she could still use the concept.

She gathered some air end began forcing it onto a tighter and tighter area. At some point water began to form. She kept it in the air using some wind.
                      She then threw another piece of potassium at it. It exploded just as violently.

"Time for the final test." She threw another piece of potassium. While traveling through the air it just violently exploded for what seemed like no reason at all.
                      "Hey Hell Master. Want to help me with the next test. I wan't to simulate what would happen if I encounter that boy again and he moves out off my spell range."
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Residuum steppes-1:15AM

Yomi paused as a thought suddenly occurred to him, he had just remembered the flaming branch which had exploded and knocked him off the tree.
                        "hmm, i wonder if i could do something similar, if only so that i don't have to expend the extra energy later on" he mused
                        He picked a clump of grass and deftly wove them into a ball the size of his fist and concentrating on it, attempted to cast similar magic like the one where he had imbued objects with his magic, except this time, he stored the magic away with a certain instruction to do something when hitting something with a rough impact. After a while, the ball glowed dimly, barely visible. Yomi tossed it and watched as a patch of ground seemed to become invisible for a short while where the ball had struck. He could see the layer of stone underneath, and even an empty burrow.
                        "this is going to be useful"
                        So he continued walking, creating another one along the way. By the second one, he instinctively realized that it would require alot less effort and the effect would be greater if he could use some clear material instead, and decided to stop making them, at least until he could obtain such a material. He stored the two grass balls in his pack, carefully packed in with more clumps of grass to prevent them from being jostled roughly and set off.

Regius South Destrict-1:25Am

Yomi had found that he was surprisingly close to the city and it had not taken long to sneak into the city. He had learned more about the current situation via a broker from whom he had bought the information by giving the broker one of his more valuable books(which he had already finished reading), from what he had learned, the man must have been Phenom. yomi shrugged, he felt no antagonism nor loyalty to either side and did not care much about either, thus he did not feel much regret nor much else about his earlier encounter with him. He had been wondering around and managed to 'obtain' some epsom salt from an empty stall and had created four more of those 'light balls' and had packed them into his pack, while keeping the rest of the salt for further potantial use.

He happened onto an empty area and saw the woman from the forest. He leaned against a building and watched as the woman caused multiple explosions, seemingly just by throwing some powder, he heard an older man at the side calling out her name,Sidna, in some sort of encouragement to do some "pure wind magic"? Yomi concluded that she must be a wind mage but honestly could not see how as she just seemed to be messing around with water. He shrugged, this did not affect him and thus was no concern of his. Yomi stayed to watch only a while longer as this other man "assisted" in her training, trying to see how wind magic was involved but when he could not do so due to lack of knowledge on other magics,he turned to leave. Suddenly, he spotted a library. Sure it was rundown and looked to be in terrible condition, but that was how all buildings looked here, regardless it was a library.

"maybe i can find some good books here, I wonder if there are any books about magic, i haven't read much about them"
                        Last edited by bookdragon2000; 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM.
                        How many times can you die a day~?
                        How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

"Yea, 'assist.' Sure, I'll help."

He stood up and greeted Sidna's teacher.

"Hello. I see you're doing fine this night."

He stepped in front of Sidna.

"Alright, whaddya need me to do? Just stand here and look pretty? 'Cuz I can arrange that."

HM got in a basic fighting stance.

Comment

Regius South District - Sidna's training ground

Sidna laughed on his answer. "You're such a nice person. I just have to try it on a training dummy first."
                            Sidna brought out a training dummy, complete with clothes and all. She then threw the stone into one off the pockets of dummy.
                            The next step was to make some water around the pocket, separate it with some air. and keep it there.

"There are three ways magic can stop working on a object. 1, stop using magic on the object. 2, walk out off the magic range. 3, be killed.
                            How would the dummy get away without also getting killed or severely damaged by the explosion. He can't, it's that simple."

Sidna walked out of range causing the water to fall and the stone to explode.

"Now, if you could stay over there where I can easily hit you without controlling the stone too much."
                            Sidna then threw the stone towards Hell Master.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

"Well, a dummy really can't move at all, but that does look interesting."

He walked to a spot that Sidna described, ready for what Sidna was about to do.

"Alright, I'm about ready."

Comment

Knowing that the girl had something to do with the mess, Kris took an apple and started eating it with ease "You know, if you are the cause of this, I suggest you to clean it or run, sooner or later someone will notice it, so you have two options" she said lifting two fingers

"The first one is to clean this whole mess you caused and deal with that person over there to face the consequences, or the second one that would be run away and expect the law guys of the town to follow you, and for what I have seen of them, this town cares for all their people" the huntress pointed out both options and left to the main room, but before she went away, Kris put a bag of coins for the girl so she could do whatever she liked

Arriving to the merchant Kris apologized "Sorry about that, thought I heard a bandit or something, with time you get used to every sound. then she continued with the barter "So 160 coins for both ores? How about I give you 100 coins and a bronze medallion? maybe you can sell this accesory better than 60 coins with someone else"

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X