X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalkun, Rockhill District - Inn

"Once again, checking up on things is mighty decent of you, but I'd say it's best to steer clear of problems that don't involve you. Tends to save a bit of trouble," Eric replied.

Taking the gold AND the medallion seemed promising, but Eric had second thoughts. Bartering was his strong suit as long as gold and goods were being traded, but when goods were traded with other goods, problems arose. If this medallion could sell better in his hands, what made it valuable in the first place? Bronze was not very appealing, but it had good smithing potential. Perhaps the ranger, Kris, was just unaware of what she had with her...

"Depends on what shape this medallion of yours is in. Let me take a look."

Comment

Seki watched with confusion as the woman explained to her before leaving. The bag of coins left for the girl had been the first nice thing anyone had done for her since one year ago when this all started, and before that the gifted hivenet chip had been the first since before she was committed. Having someone actually be nice to her caused her a great deal of confusion and mixed feelings that she simply could not understand. She sat there with a blank for what seemed like a really long time to her, but in truth it couldn’t have been more than 5 – 10 minutes at the most. When she finally snapped out of it she looked around her at the mess she had made, then at the bag of coins.

“Anna? Why aren’t you talking?....hm”

Having no reason to really fear the law since she was already wanted by everyone anyway, Seki took what was left of the food there and packed in an empty flower sac. She grabbed the sac and the bag of coins left by the other woman and left the Inn the same way she got in.

However she returned only moments later through a nouther entrance, a window in someone’s room. She was still very tired and needed a place to sleep. Not to mention a bath. She left the room to explore for a while, looking for anything she might want to take or a place to bathe. She was still a girl after all.

Comment

"Here yo go then, Im not fond of carved jewelry, thieves get attracted like magnets with them, the oddity of that medallion is its carving, I barely see cut gems and such, but the one who made the outer and inner parts of it took his time and care, just look at how detailed it is" Kris said as she pointed to the front carving of the medallion

It had a warrior riding his horse, fully armored for battle as it was galloping to it, the warrior had a coul with a cape that moved with the breeze, on his back lied a shield protecting his back and on his left hand was a sword ready to pierce an oncoming enemy. The horse was sprinting through a grass field, its hooves almost digging the soil and you could also see the mountains as a background

"If you open it, you can see the creator´s signature" The huntress said gesturing the cavity on the medallion while taking out a pocketwatch and seeing the time
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The girl's quiet footsteps on the wooden floor caused Jason to stir in the bed.

Even though he was unconscious, he still had some sort of thought process, as if he was in a lucid dream. Many things went through his head. What was that noise? Why does the place he's on feel soft? Was he captured? Did the footsteps belong to one of Tyruss's men? Was he going to die? Why would they keep him like this?

Jason knew he had to wake up. He was in danger. Jason focused and his body jerked in the warm blankets. Jason opened his eyes, sat up, and quickly looked around the room.

The room was somewhat quaint. The floorboards were a dark wooden color, , but weren't as dark as the walls. Perhaps the reason for such dark wood was to aid with sleep. There was a window to the side of the room, which let a slight breeze in, cooling the room. The window had something that was unusual for a place like this. The window had interlocking blinds fashioned from metal. Based on their shape, Jason figured that they locked together when they were fully closed, allowing a person to sleep during the day without allowing light into the room, like an artificial night.

Jason seemed to be in some kind of inn room, one that had mud on the bottom of the window and on the floor. Jason looked at the mud on the floor and realized what shape they were.

(Feet? That mud... This district is not muddy. I should know, I hit the ground earlier. Did I escape? Then why am I here? Back to the problem at hand, that mud came from the forest. Could it be an assassin? Why do the footprints lead away then? Maybe to check and see if the coast is clear. They're probably going to come back once it is clear and run me through with a sword. I need to prepare.)

Jason stood up and noticed that he had various cuts, scratches, and bruises on his body. There were also slight burns from that green robed woman from earlier. She burned him with her artificial fire magic, then threw dust in his face.

"I'll have to fix that later...", Jason mumbled to himself as he pulled out his Chainsword and followed the footsteps, ready to hack his assassin to pieces.

Jason already had his Chainsword at the ready, just in case there was a surprise attack. He had pressed the starter button and moved the chain very slowly with his speed magic. At a moment's notice, he was ready to rev up his weapon's chain to supersonic speeds. Just the sight of the oversized weapon was enough to send most people running, so if the worst came to greet him, he could intimidate them with his weapon's appearance if he needed to. Jason followed the footprints until they led to a pair of feet, then legs, then torso, then a face. It was the white-haired girl from the forest.

Jason was surprised that anyone could have navigated the forest that fast. Was she a native to the forest? Did she live there? How long was he out?

"Uhhh.", was the only thing he could utter to the girl, due to his surprise.
          Last edited by S121; 07-24-2013, 03:24 PM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Seki had just found the entrance to the bathhouse when suddenly the man with a weapon similar to her own confronted her. Seki looked over at Jason with dark lines under her eyes as though she were sleep deprived. She had after all hiked all the way to the inn from what was left of her home in the forest; it was understandable that she would have been tired. She sniffed the air before responding having smelt something on Jason that was very familiar to her. It was the smell of blood from the members of the Empire, but it was very weak compared to what she was used too.

“You’re a rooky arntchya? You haven’t been fighting thoses guys for very long.”

Seki replied calmly as she reached up to tap the side of the man’s weapon with her finger.
            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Jason was surprised that she had traveled so quickly, but was also surprised by the fact that she could tell that he wasn't experienced in battle.

He was a little shocked by the fact that she wasn't intimidated by the weapon and by his appearance. Then again, based on the various corpses he saw in the forest, she was not one to be afraid of threats. She had killed all of them. This thought brought up an entirely new train of thought.

(Wait... Is she dangerous? She did kill around... I'd count as 40-60 people. It's hard to count bodies when they're all in pieces and scattered all over the place. I hope she's not a threat. I would hate to get attacked right now. I'm not in any condition to fight. Then again, she doesn't seem to be a threat. She's poking at my Chainsword. Perhaps she's curious of it's design? She does use a.. what was it? A chainsaw katana hybrid? A "Chaintana"? A "Katasaw"? There I go again, losing focus on the situation at hand. I don't have enough information to do anything rational, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens before I act.), Jason thought as he simply stood there.

"How did you get from the forest to here so fast?", Jason asked as she continued to examine his weapon.
              Last edited by S121; 07-24-2013, 03:44 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District – Inn

“Lots of climbing and flippy flips. You can also get here faster if you go around the first part of the mountain”

She answered as she begam to admit the yellow flame from his blade only for a moment before something stopped her. She thought in her mind about how he knew where she was coming from and the fact the the smell of the enemies’ blood was still fresh. Her first thought was that maybe he had been fighting alongside her and she didn’t notice because how heavily the smell of blood was in that area. Her second thought was since he was in the area maybe he saw where her house had run off too.

“Have you seen my house? It ran away from home and I’m trying to track it.”

Comment

“Have you seen my house? It ran away from home and I’m trying to track it.”, the girl said.

This caused a look of complete and utter confusion. Jason's jaw dropped and he looked completely dumbstruck.

(What?... Her house ran away... from home... How the hell is that even possible? Is she okay? Is she crazy? Living in the forest alone could have that effect on people, so maybe? If she is crazy, then what kind of crazy is she? Is she the good weird kind, or the bad psycho killer kind? Whoa, whoa, Jason. Perhaps you're getting ahead of yourself. You shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. Could it be that her house really did run away? It could be a clockwork creation, kind of like a giant clockwork spider. It's highly improbable, but not impossible.)

Jason then spoke after a moment of him looking completely zoned-out.

"What happened? How do you know that it ran away? Do you live in a clockwork house?", Jason asked the girl.
                  sigpic

Comment

Seki removed her hand from Jason’s sword as she streached out yawning for a moment. She tilted her head from side to side giving all the basic signs of being sleepy

“No I broke my clock so it would stop ticking. And of corse it ean away, it wasn’t there when I went home.”

Seki grumbled. She sniffed the air once more having caught wind of something interesting. She smelt a familiar sent on Jason that belonged to someone she still had a bone to pick with

“Wait a minute. You fought that ugly lady with the green robe and the wind magic thingies? Did she run away from you as well?”(based on an earlier post from Katrix)

Comment

Regius South District - Sidna's training ground

The stone exploded about a meter from Hell Master. Although it exploded a meter from him he could still feel the warmth off the shock wave and got some smoke in his face.
                      "You really are a idiot aren't you. Maybe you want to hold a piece of phosphorus in you hand in stead." She found another jar from her belt. This one was filled with oil too to protect the materials inside.
                      She just waved it in front of his eyes, then pretended to drop it, but stopped it from hitting the ground at the last second.

"I'm going off for the library. I want to see if I can find a book there that I didn't find in the library in the northern district. Don't kill yourself while I'm gone."
                      She walked off to the library. It was nowhere as nice as the one in the northern district, but people didn't visit very often. This caused most of the books to always be there.

Regius South District - Libary

Once she was inside she saw there was another person there too. At first he seemed just fine. There was something that didn't add up however. He was carrying this weird smell.
                      Then she realized what it was. It was the smell of ash and ammonia. ("I used ammonia. Only a few hours ago. Everbloom forest and Spera is the only two known places where big fires took place recently.
                      Now she was curious. She had originally gone to the library for books, but this was much more interesting.")

Sidna called out to him. "Hey, you there. Who are you and what are you doing here? What do you know about the battle at Spera and Everbloom Forest?"
                      Last edited by Katrix; 07-24-2013, 05:15 PM.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Jason pondered her answer, confused as to how she came up with an answer like that.

(Maybe she is crazy. Of course, she doesn't seem to be the psycho killer kind, but I should probably be careful. If she attacks me with her chainsaw, I can easily stop the chains. I could easily defend myself if things come to that. As for her house, she still hasn't given me any information, only that she hates ticking noises.)[/color]

All of a sudden, the girl sniffed at the air and spoke.

“Wait a minute. You fought that ugly lady with the green robe and the wind magic thingies? Did she run away from you as well?”, the girl asked.

"No, I ran from her. I could have easily killed her by boiling her alive, but she threw sleeping powder in my face. If I killed her, then I would have passed out in the forest. I created a shockwave and blew the place up so that I could escape., Jason said.
                        sigpic

Comment

Regius south district-library

Yomi looked up in surprise from his book about wind magic. That women from before,sidna, was standing behind him.`this sidna does not seem to recognise me, but then how did she recognise me? And spera.....isnt that the base of that phenom? There was a battle there?`

Briefly yomi considered escape, but there was no immeadiate threat, other than the fact that the woman seems to be able to manipulate the wind to imitate other elements by using other chemicals, which yomi assumed to be stored in those cans at her waist. He decided to deign her with a response:

"I used to live in the everbloom forest,sidna, until your patrols, the boy you fought and all those activity chased me out. I know of you battle with the boy as i was watching until a flaming branch knocked me off my tree and onto a rock. Of the battle at Spera, i know nothing about that."
                          Last edited by bookdragon2000; 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM.
                          How many times can you die a day~?
                          How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

He was coughing up because of the smoke.

Dafuq is this? Ah, maybe I'll need it for later. Don't kill myself, the nerve of her...

He walked up to the instructor.

"Excuse me, but I hope you don't mind me staying for the night. Where I'm from, it's a long way from here. I won't be of a burden."

Then he walked over to a dummy. He decided he wanted to try something new.

Alright, I trained and studied long and hard for this. I can do it! Sidna's not the only one who can make new techniques!

He focused his mind. He threw his rod across the mat.

Okay, here I go!

He then focused on the light of the moon (well the sunlight reflecting off the moon anyways.) He held his hand out towards the rod. Then, all of a sudden, the rod began moving towards him slowly. He had learned the ability to manipulate magnetism.

Okay, basics over. Now for the real test.

He threw the rod into the air away from him. He stopped the rod and it began hurdling towards him at a fast rate.

Yes! I got it down!

Next, he placed the rod down. He used his magnetism powers to push it far away.

I got that down! Now then, for the final test!

He focused hard. He made the rod float in the air in front of him. Then, he made it slowly turn in all directions.

Oh my god... I finally mastered it! After all those months! Woohoo!

He twisted the rod towards the dummy and used the magnetism to fire it at the dummy. The rod went through the stomach. He brought it back.

Yes!!! It's like I have psychic powers on metallic objects! And that piercing, it went right through just like-

Then he stopped thinking. He collapsed to his knees, holding his head in pain.

Urk! What... is... this!... It hurts! I can't...why... am I...........

Frank.

He snapped back. He looked around, feeling fine again. He stood up and looked to the sky.

"..........

...Who's Frank?"

Comment

Kalkun, Rockhill District

"That's it for me today, gotta take a good rest if I want to be able to leave tomorrow." Nicole laughed, packing her Seraphim back into the plain black guitar case. The crowd groaned and complained.

"Can't you go another day?" A scrawny-looking girl, with brown ponytail and denim overall, pleaded with bright, shining eyes. Nicole smiled, picked the girl up, and brought her back to her parents, sitting in a table next to her.

"I have my things to do." Nicole said as Rosmerta packed some nourishments and essentials in Nicole's bag for exploring and travelling: some fresh-baked bread, cactus fruits, nuts and berries. A tin water bottle was filled with cold water.

"Like what?" The girl asked. Nicole smiled once more.

"Revenge." Nicole whispered, and she entered the upstairs, where the inn rooms are located at.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Regius South district - Library

Sidna was both happy and surprised. He had spilled everything so easily. The overall of things anyway. She still had to question him further.
                                ("He lived in the forest. Then he might know something about Seki. He must at least have seen her.")

She made the sleeping gas withing one of the bottles press against the opening. The bottles that she was carrying that had gases in them were special. The could not be opened or closed from the outside, only the inside.
                                This meant that you had to be a wind mage to access the gases. After a short amount of time it turned slightly, allowing the gas to get out. She then closed the bottle again.

(I need a lightning mage to function as a lie detector. Hell Master would surely do it.) "Say? Why don't you come with me for a little. There is a lot I want to ask you about.
                                You might even get to keep some interesting books if you are nice. "
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X