Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want to debate to much on this, but ill put my opinion here so that people can read it:
    - patchwork towns are not really pretty; i originally went for a rather plain neutral design for the builds, and although its got codes and norms, it can be adapted to different buidings (take the staff houses a examples).
    - if its gonna be a town people are not gonna stay in, the least we can do is make it pretty. Pretty things make people dream, feel creative, feel inspired...
    -If need be we can cut down on NPC housing to accomodate for a smaller end surface, but cramming all buildings would make it feel wrong.
    - if you feel we really need more diversity, change the player housing roof colours to a tint lighter than the staff housing, but keep the architecture. If this is to be a town, there cant be that many architectural differences between houses, it doesnt make sense. You find differences in cities (take Sakura city for example),but this is still a small town.

So why is everything samey people ask? Simply put, no-one told me not to make it samey when i started ^^', an no-one complained about it then, even though i invited staff to give their opinion on several occasions. And samey is good, there's nothing bad with it all in my opinion.

Now since i feel a storm brewing here, ill pop by on the server more often these next few weeks so that people can talk to me directly if need be, cause this post should be more about general queries and big info rather than detail banter.( again all my opinion, and if the majority of voters choose to go the other way, ill follow, thats democracy ).

And i put smilleyz because without them my post sounds like a blatent b*tchy rant (which isnt my intention) and we need to brigten this mood! Rejoice! We are building stuff together again!

Comment

I should've elaborated on what I said earlier lol. I'll try my best though since I suck at explaining things.
      I'm not saying everything should be boringly monochrome. I like colorful things and all the things I've built so far never looks too monochrome.
      Basically what Shimitty said, try to keep what you build consistent with the things around it. Make sure the colors you choose don't contrast too much with it's surrounding.

Take current Kagome for example almost all of the builds has some sort of wood and wool in their designs. But it's a very colorful town.
      Also as a bonus current Kagome has player stands which I think adds a lot to the town even if they're collecting dust.

As of right now we're still building/laying things out (which honestly should have been done first so we wouldn't have the problem of the town being too big) so don't expect decorations and colors so soon.

Comment

Xadrow, need you to see the peir designs for your airport. I can't come up with anything better right now (And this is why I'm not a builder)

Comment

I've been planning the Tavern for Neo Kagome today, and I do believe that Xadrow has a point. However, looking at the size and the boundary of the current Neo Kagome, I think that it'd be good if we stick with the current (recommended) format although we should be able to vary in some way or another. For example, we could have red/white stripes on some of the wool walls to add some color to the houses. We can also use other wool colors, and stuff like that. To be honest, a--strict--four block format would look pretty bland for a town like Kagome, and it would give some kind of gloomy expression, and it pretty much restricts people into making a specific kind of building.

By the way, since things like the Vault are getting added, I would suggest some of the interiors to be... vibrant and unique. Again, for example, adding a disco room in the Tavern or adding a flower meadow somewhere (unless Neo Kagome has a strict guideline on time-based signifiers, pretty much restricting anything that's of the 21st century and such.) That would be my suggestion in this matter.
          Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 03-30-2016, 09:31 AM.
          Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
          rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Originally posted by Amaterasu no Akane View Post
            By the way, since things like the Vault are getting added
            I thought it was stated the Vault didn't fit at all and wasn't being added.
            w-what is this autism aura??
            if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
            our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
              I thought it was stated the Vault didn't fit at all and wasn't being added.
              Originally posted by PhantomNerifes View Post
              So after looking over some stuff, i'd like to point this out:
              the vault being the new black market is a terrible idea and would be better put off to the side as either an exploration area or on the edge of kagome.
              (i did read some of the possible locations of where we can possibly put the vault if we do, i like the idea of being on the edge of kagome or so, just not under it.

I mention this mostly because the theme of the vault does not fit with the theme of kagome itself. seeing a modern/futuristic building in a town like kagome would offset the theme and just become an eyesore in my honest opinion.
              @Gamer Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe that the Vault is known to be unfitting and such (thus probably implying a removal) therefore warranting it as a candidate of removal, but I don't think that the Vault would be removed, only pushed over to the side as a lesser project. Again, please do correct me if someone stated that the Vault is indeed going to be removed.
              Spoiler:

Comment

@Gamer Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe that the Vault is known to be unfitting and such (thus probably implying a removal) therefore warranting it as a candidate of removal, but I don't think that the Vault would be removed, only pushed over to the side as a lesser project. Again, please do correct me if someone stated that the Vault is indeed going to be removed.
                Key word "thought"
                I didn't confirm, I just heard something about vault and not being in kagome.
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

I'm actually planning something, in which the Vault will be an important vital part of Neo Survival's "Last Event". But there has been no confirmation as of yet, and I would like to keep certain details hidden. '~'

Comment

I think the most important thing to remember is that we're getting a new server owner when Nova Survival rolls through....

Or at least I think thats what everyone was planning when they've decided to name survival after my son. I know we talked about it before
                    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayosho

How about we let Asgore do the naming?

Spoiler:
                      New New Survival
                      Spoiler:

Comment

New New Survival
                        I thought you said let Asgore do the naming, not Nintendo..

Comment

No, this is what Asgore would name Nova Survival:

The Third World
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

In other news, Castle V2.0 is done (well, the structure)

Spoiler: Castle V2.0

Now, the interior and inner courtyard... Oh well...
                            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

not done, I still have quite a lot of work to do on it (trees, teraforming, interior...)

Comment

Is that castle meant for kagome? It's kind of.... really fucking huge and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X