X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cyros
    Whether people admit it or not, there will always be bias. In fact, denying or being unaware that you have bias is bias in of itself. It's just a matter of acknowledge potential biases and trying to ignore/eliminate them in one's decision-making.

Also, as tempting as it is to join, I'll pass up on this month. Chances are I'm just gonna procrastinate my entry in favour of other things. I'll likely see what there is next month.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Wow! This is actually an idea I wanted to listen from a long ago, I'm in!
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
        @Cyros
        Whether people admit it or not, there will always be bias. In fact, denying or being unaware that you have bias is bias in of itself. It's just a matter of acknowledge potential biases and trying to ignore/eliminate them in one's decision-making.

Also, as tempting as it is to join, I'll pass up on this month. Chances are I'm just gonna procrastinate my entry in favour of other things. I'll likely see what there is next month.
        For the most part, I tend to try and ignore who it is I am judging for and look at what it is I am judging as its own living entity. Which sounds weird, because it's like if you had a child and I was judging your child, but yeah. lol

Originally posted by nickmaster00 View Post
        Wow! This is actually an idea I wanted to listen from a long ago, I'm in!
        Added.

Comment

good idea ! i almost can see me building some bad things ! can i still join ? >w<
          the chicken on a low table is very nice to eat, you should try

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlatina View Post
            good idea ! i almost can see me building some bad things ! can i still join ? >w<
            If by bad things you mean nsfw, then I would advise against doing that. Other than that you can still participate if you want. I'll add you to the list.

Comment

i'll never make this kind of things, just...bad building, like my manor x)
              the chicken on a low table is very nice to eat, you should try

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlatina View Post
                i'll never make this kind of things, just...bad building, like my manor x)
                Oh. Well I mean it doesn't hurt to try, right? The contest is all in good fun.

[EDIT]

Time for accepting contestants is over! Contest grounds are open for building! Those of you who are contestants can now begin building the theme of the month!
                Warp: /warp buildingcon
                Last edited by Cyros_Lugoth; 05-29-2016, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Update notification. Check post just above.

Comment

Just an update:

The prizes have been updated after I discussed Kagome Bills more in detail with Krittercon. Each contestant will now receive 5 Kagome Bills, while the winner will receive an additional 25!

I have also left a message to all contestants reminding everyone that there is only one week left for building. I wish you all luck!

Comment

Spoiler: And the winner for the first month's contest is...
                      qscgukp!
                      Final score: 7.883
                      Congratulations, qscgukp! You've won the May contest! You will receive your 25 winning Kagome Bills along with the 5 Kagome Bills for participating once we update the server!

Everyone else, thank you for participating! You will receive your 5 Kagome Bills too for participating when we update the server!

Spoiler: Here are the results:
                      Results breakdown: Of your overall score, Theme was worth 30%, Detail was worth 30%, Creativity was worth 20%, and Block Usage was worth 20%

\Judges→
                      ↓Contestants\
                      Cyros_Lugoth Aka Izayoi Redleaf64 Overall
                      WriggleRid3r Theme: 9.5
                      Detail: 7.5
                      Creativity: 8
                      Block Usage: 6.5
                      Theme: 8
                      Detail: 6
                      Creativity: 5
                      Block Usage: 5
                      Detail: 8
                      Creativity: 7.5
                      Block Usage: 8.5
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 8
                      Aka Izayoi: 6.2
                      Redleaf64: 8
                      Average: 7.4
                      qscgukp Theme: 9.5
                      Detail: 9
                      Block Usage: 7.5
                      Theme: 8.5
                      Detail: 9.5
                      Block Usage: 9
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 8.65
                      Aka Izayoi: 6.2
                      Redleaf64: 8.8
                      Average: 7.883
                      Eiburine Theme: 8.5
                      Detail: 7
                      Creativity: 9.5
                      Block Usage: 7
                      Theme: 9
                      Detail: 5
                      Creativity: 4
                      Detail: 8.5
                      Creativity: 7
                      Block Usage: 8
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 7.95
                      Aka Izayoi: 6
                      Redleaf64: 8.2
                      Average: 7.383
                      nickmaster00 Theme: 8.5
                      Detail: 9
                      Creativity: 6.5
                      Block Usage: 8
                      Block Usage: 6
                      Creativity: 6
                      Block Usage: 7
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 8.15
                      Aka Izayoi: 6.7
                      Redleaf64: 7.55
                      Average: 7.466
                      Outlaw_X Theme: 8
                      Detail: 6.5
                      Creativity: 9.5
                      Theme: 10
                      Creativity: 8.5
                      Block Usage: 7.5
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 7.45
                      Aka Izayoi: 7.7
                      Redleaf64: 8
                      Average: 7.716
                      Scarlatina Theme: 3.5
                      Detail: 2
                      Creativity: 3
                      Block Usage: 2
                      Theme: 2
                      Detail: 4
                      Creativity: 2
                      Block Usage: 3
                      Theme: 3
                      Creativity: 3
                      Block Usage: 3
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 2.65
                      Aka Izayoi: 2.8
                      Redleaf64: 3.6
                      Average: 3.016
                      wanderingAviator Theme: 7
                      Creativity: 5.5
                      Block Usage: 4
                      Theme: 6
                      Block Usage: 4
                      Theme: 6.5
                      Block Usage: 6.5
                      Cyros_Lugoth: 5.8
                      Aka Izayoi: 5.1
                      Redleaf64: 7.05
                      Average: 5.983

Spoiler: Aka Izayoi's comments:
                      Sakuya has a more in depth written analysis for how she did her scores, but I am only posting her comments here. I will allow her to post the rest if she wishes to.

WriggleRid3r Trees + land elevation good for Japanese style. Good research on Shrine compound.
                      qscgukp Teien good idea/lacks det. Roof detail beyond avg. Trees std and random (Keep location in mind and their effect on surroundings), minor detailing above avg.
                      Eiburine Lacking LS det. Even with open land, good minor det. Such as Ema and Omikuji
                      nickmaster00 Exceptional overall det. LS par, architect skill above avg. (Good research on Shrine components), getting comfortable using non-standard blocks in good combo.
                      Outlaw_X Great usage of imagination; just expected from a themed contest. Makes great groundwork for layout, falling short on finishing details follow through.
                      Scarlatina Lacking many aspects, interior nonexistant, landscaping lacking significantly
                      wanderingAviator Unique layout and design, falling short in detail and definition. Many aspects fall short in due to lack of knowledge, such as building composition and landscaping essentials. If cultured, builder yields significant potential in a unique and rare category skill; Unique Structual Designing.

Spoiler: Cyros_Lugoth's comments:
                      The order of comments are in the order I rated each contestant.

nickmaster00 The shrine felt very average-looking, like a design we have seen many times before. Nothing really stands out from how it looks. Although the trees were creative, they didn't look the best. I did like your use of wheat around the shrine. That was a nice added touch, even though I've accidentally stepped on a couple and had to fix them. I also liked the minor detailed use of the o's on your signs to represent nails in a board, but I'm not sure why you didn't have o's on both sides of the signs. My favorite aspect of your build was your use of blocks. I felt they complimented each other quite well overall.
                      WriggleRid3r Looks like somebody did their research. Walking through your build was very satisfying as it felt like a real shrine from the ground. The only thing keeping you from a perfect score is the lack of history that a keystone destroyed the old shrine. Another oddity was your roofs. I felt the roofs were a bit oddly designed. My favorite aspect of your build would have to be the creative addition of the Hakurei and Moriya mini shrines to promote their shrines. They made me chuckle.
                      Outlaw_X Finally! A keystone was present! It wasn't necessary to have a keystone for the theme. Simply having debris or history of an existing keystone would have been perfectly fine, but you sir did a very creative job using the keystone aspect of the theme to your advantage. Unfortunately, your shrine is where things got weird. The interior of your shrine isn't really how a shrine is built. The outside looks fine, but when you get in, there are things like a bedroom, and a bathroom, and I'm thinking to myself, doesn't the people who own the shrine have their own house they live in? They don't live in the shrine. At least I don't think they do. My favorite aspect of your build is the keystone, although I was not a fan on your use of blocks down below as far as appearance went.
                      qscgukp I love your shrine's design. Everything inside was unique and the added touch with named items on the item frames was a pleasant surprise. Similar to Wriggle though, underneath your shrine had tall grass and even flowers, which is an indication of age, meaning this shrine would have been built for quite awhile from the previously destroyed shrine. That also stopped you from receiving a perfect score. My favorite aspect of your build is the level of detail you put within your shrine. I even noticed the string in the back above the rock garden.
                      Scarlatina I wasn't sure how to rate your build when I got to it. There wasn't a lot to rate, so I rated what I could with what was present. You missed out on adding interior entirely, and the only level of detail you had was the natural elements you built in front of the shrine. The way it appears is as if Tenshi wrecked the interior of the shrine, took the keystone back, and you didn't bother to rebuild it for the old man. The only aspect of your build I can really consider to be my favorite would be the overhang you have on the bridge. That was a nice touch. I'll give you that.
                      Eiburine Very interesting trees. I'll give you that. The glass felt a bit weird, but overall they looked fine. I also like how you have a keystone present with your build. One creative thing that made me laugh were your kettle designs. They were large kettles, which made them weird, but I must say they were creative. Along with qsc, I liked your use of named items in item frames. It was a nice piece of detail that helped your score. My favorite aspect of your build would be reading each individual named item you had for the wishes as well as the lucks. I laughed pretty hard when I read "qscgukp's level of bad luck."
                      wanderingAviator Are shrines built like this? At least for shinto shrines? I know I never declared what type of shrine, but I wasn't sure with your build. The roof was very stony and lacked detail, and when I got inside I did notice the web you had in the ceiling. A new built shrine would most likely be very clean and not have cobwebs. My favorite aspect of your shrine would have to be the natural elements you had in the 'arms' of your shrine.

Comment

A copy of my evaluation sheet may be obtained here. It contains the full detailed review of each section. If you have any comments or questions, you may send a message.

Comment

Woo congrats qsc! This was a fun contest and I can't wait for the next one
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Yaaay congrats >w< Good job everyone yay
                            Thank you for the feedback also c: it's really helpful

Comment

*is currently very happy* but seriously guys I loved the other designs. PS: the "qscgukp's level of bad luck" was my idea and I suggested it to her I don't want anyone to think Eiburine was making fun of me. PPS: DANGIT I just thought to make a small crater with a keystone just underneath the shrine's tatami.
                              Last edited by qscgukp; 07-03-2016, 10:06 PM. Reason: last second thought
                              "Top of the mornin' ta ya bros" -Markiplier

Comment

Accepting Contestants

I am now accepting contestants for the month of July! Please post now if you would like to be a contestant! Also remember to read the theme carefully before accepting. Entries close at Midnight on July 10th.

I am also looking for Judges! preferably at least 3, at most 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X