X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Remi

I see it. Seems to be a out of memory issue, what's requiring so much memory is beyond me tough. I'll continue to look into it tough.

In the meantime, why no forestry?
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

We have a lot of mods that adds blocks and whatnot already :< like most of our mods adds biomes/mobs/blocks/terrain instead of just functionality so it's going to get pretty funky on the hardware. I mean, we can't run the modpack without giving jvm 2gb already so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This doesn't look TOO complicated, But I haven't tested it yet, would be appreciated If you could look into it though.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ing-knowledge/

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
          We have a lot of mods that adds blocks and whatnot already :< like most of our mods adds biomes/mobs/blocks/terrain instead of just functionality so it's going to get pretty funky on the hardware. I mean, we can't run the modpack without giving jvm 2gb already so...

Are you only giving jvm 2gb? Ive never given it less than 8 when hosting. o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Miku Hatsune View Post
            Are you only giving jvm 2gb? Ive never given it less than 8 when hosting. o_O
            The client. The server has 10gb.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Jacobus1 View Post
              While I'm at it, some kind of mod that adds more explosives. Or would that be too destructive?
              well it woouldnt destroy anything because the server has a plugin that disables esploxion destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Nitorikawashiro9 View Post
                well it woouldnt destroy anything because the server has a plugin that disables esploxion destruction
                Once again, this is a separate server from the vanilla one. Explosions will probably cause damage.

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

We can still disable it though. (vanillay)

Comment

Discussion on Potential YC Modpack

For those having random crashes and whatnot even after adding
                    Code:
                    -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M
                    try also adding
                    Code:
                    -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
                    as well to the list of JVM arguments. That seemed to cure my random crashes pretty nicely. (For those curious, it just gives Java more space to store "permanent" stuff that are never deallocated. "PermSize"="Permanent Size")

Comment

@Remi

So hat's what PermSize is, maybe I can finally get rid of those TE crashes.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Very possible, actually. Seems increasing permsize helps with packs that have a lot of mods as well (which makes sense when you think about it)

I'll probably release an updated version maybe next week once we get more testing done.

Comment

There might be block id collision between Advanced Machine and other mods. If they do collide and overlap, the game will crash, so to not let that happen we might need to go to config and change the four advanced machine block id into something else
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                            For those having random crashes and whatnot even after adding
                            Code:
                            -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M
                            try also adding
                            Code:
                            -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
                            as well to the list of JVM arguments. That seemed to cure my random crashes pretty nicely. (For those curious, it just gives Java more space to store "permanent" stuff that are never deallocated. "PermSize"="Permanent Size")

Instead of using 1024M and 2046M, you can just use 1G and 2G.

Comment

Discussion on Potential YC Modpack

ik but I prefer using mb.

Wriggle, trust me it's not idconflicts. Also even if it were, forge gives you a list of idconflicts.

Last edited by Remilia Scarlet; 05-23-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Ok good cuz they're too useful for me to give up ^^;;
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X