X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tested it and sure, it makes a HUGE difference. Even NEI recipe lookup is faster. My guess is that FTB does this automatically. I'd dafinetively say that you could add those mods now. *wink wink*
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

I'll test it myself once I get home. If all goes well, I'll load it in the next version of the pack.

I'm assuming FTB has a either a modified forge or are extending forge to either streamline/prioritize some of the loading mechanics. They likely throw in some JVM args as well so Java doesn't crumple under the 100+ mods most of the packs have lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I suddenly realized I have forgotten to recommend the most important mod ever... MOB TALKER!
        sigpic

Comment

Latest version is for 1.5 so we wouldn't have been able to include it anyway :P

Comment

Yeah, thats what I was worried about. It doesn't seem to update.
            sigpic

Comment

Hello!
              Have you tried using the Quiverbow mod? It adds various guns with .... interesting ammo like potatoes, seeds, gold (a certain shrine maiden would love this, and besides, more uses for gold!) and whatnot.
              And, it adds no new blocks/mobs! Just bits and parts from vanilla blocks.

Comment

I want this modpack

But FTB does not like me
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Cool! But the server is just lame-old survival, so make it more "Touhou-esque."

Comment

@Sssgth
                    >Has Touhou Items Mod and Alice Dolls Mod
                    >People still ask for more Touhou

How can we make it even more "Touhou-esque" than what we already have? Build another Gensokyo?
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I has question. Some crafting recipes are derp (some orbs from touhou items and the diamond drill) how do we craft them? On nei the crafting recipe for the diamond drill doesn't work

Also nether=ULTIMATE HELL OF DESTRUCTION, PAIN, AND DEATH

Comment

But The Nether is supposed to be hard. After all, Hell is supposed to be hell.

Just as long as you have fire potions, you should be fine from the Cinders and Lobbers, as well as the lava and fire. To be honest, I would recommend bringing a friend, or having some sort of escape plan, like having a portal gun with you that is already linked to the Overworld.

To be honest, I love the Lycanites mod. It makes the game more challenging, keeping you on your toes when you travel. Not only that, the monsters are cool looking.
                        Originally posted by S121
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll be fixing the crafting derps this week.

I'm extremely iffy about removing Lycanites because as mentioned, the nether is SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. Without lycanites, the nether is mostly a joke on vanilla and with all these mods that give you better equipment, it becomes a flat out joke. Just put on some strong leggings, longfall boots, a jetpack and one of the many OP helmets and equip yourself with some magic wand that kills anything within a 10 mile radius. Lycanites actually makes the nether formidable and doesn't make the twilight forest the only difficult area.

Comment

Not sure if you're still planning on possibly adding any more mods, but another I have found that "may" be a thought is the underground biomes mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPXpukAGqTE
                            Stance still like the world on pause
                            Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
                            Firm grasp, let the blade conform
                            Manifest thy will, transform
                            Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
                            Become myth turned life, real lore
                            Meet the rage on the field of war
                            But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

A friend was looking at your server, and I wanted to check out the thought process that goes into the modpack. Read the whole thread. Some things stood out, though.

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                              Can't find any mod called MikuCraft or MikuMaids. Otherwise every other mod has been added to the list in the OP with relevant distribution statuses and such.
                              For what it's worth, I think I found your MikuMaids in an episode of GameChap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24C4Vpv6LWo

Link from the video here, but fair warning, it's Japanese. Also, it appears to be an addon to Little Maids. Also, it's all about vocaloids, so I don't even know how relevant/serious a suggestion it was.

On a side note, I see Mystcraft on your list. There are a couple of addons to let you see where you're going with that one.

Link Destination Renderers or Dynamic Link Panels

The main difference is that LDR has static images, while DLP uses an animated panoramic view of the destination. Also, LDR is older and more stable, but more limited, while DLP has a bit more fancy tricks it can do (like always having a current, up-to-date view of the destination) but is newer and still has some kinks to work out. Either is a great addition, it's just a matter of preference.

(Oh, and Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks are amazingly great for building.)

Comment

Originally posted by KassuriBard View Post
                                A friend was looking at your server, and I wanted to check out the thought process that goes into the modpack. Read the whole thread. Some things stood out, though.

For what it's worth, I think I found your MikuMaids in an episode of GameChap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24C4Vpv6LWo

Link from the video here, but fair warning, it's Japanese. Also, it appears to be an addon to Little Maids. Also, it's all about vocaloids, so I don't even know how relevant/serious a suggestion it was.

On a side note, I see Mystcraft on your list. There are a couple of addons to let you see where you're going with that one.

Link Destination Renderers or Dynamic Link Panels

The main difference is that LDR has static images, while DLP uses an animated panoramic view of the destination. Also, LDR is older and more stable, but more limited, while DLP has a bit more fancy tricks it can do (like always having a current, up-to-date view of the destination) but is newer and still has some kinks to work out. Either is a great addition, it's just a matter of preference.

(Oh, and Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks are amazingly great for building.)
                                Ah, so MikuMaids is an addon to Little Maids. At this point, I don't think I'll be adding Little Maids so MikuMaids probably won't make it in. (And Japanese is no problem. I'm a native.)

As for LDR/DLP, this certainly looks like a useful addon and I'll give both a thorough look-through as I continue tweaking the modpack for a v2 release.

Thanks for the research and suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                                X