X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
    The RTY has been made very difficult to give players a challenge.
    Players can also get way OP compared to vanilla, so he made it harder to compensate.
    Thing is you cna't get to end game caus every time you go mining you get one shotted by a creeper. and iron armor isnt' going to do shit in the way of protecting you from them. i'm perfectly fine with the rest of the mobs but can we at least turn it down on the creepers. No one is having fun because of them.

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
      but can we at least turn it down on the creepers. No one is having fun because of them.
      Agreed. Creepers one shot me from about 5 blocks distance while I'm wearing a full set of iron armor. I'd be fine with it if that would deal 6 or 7 hearts of damage at that distance.
      Last edited by bluppo8; 09-08-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Ok so questions:

When mining are you getting ambushed by creepers or is it when you're trying to secure an area to mine?

Are you using F7 to its fullest extent to keep areas you previously explored safe?

Do you use dirt or any other material to barricade sections temporarily to prevent mobs from getting into areas you secured?

If you answer no to either of the last two then there's your problem.

I raided one cave near my house and I only died to creeper when I was advancing into a new part of the cave and there were two of them.

Comment

Alright, so after discussing with a few players on RTY I've come to the descicion that I will nerf creepers in the next update. The nerf will NOT however just be turning down their blast radius. Sure, they'll be a bit slower (a bit) and have a slightly smaller radius, but the majority of the nerf will be comming from the fact that I will be adding 1.5 - 2 seconds of fuse time to the creepers. This will mean that people will have a larger chance to actually get away from a blast, while at the same time keeping them deadly if you are for example cornered.

As a temporary solution, Yukari now also has a quest to get a diamond shield, which will keep you alive from a blast with iron armor as long as you block it correctly.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

I'm sure the spawn rate thing of stuff in the twilight forest is known,if its a bug or not I'll make this post anyways.
            sigpic

Comment

Alright, I've managed to get most stuff working with new version, there is a crash bug with creative, but it seems like a thing that just comes and goes. The thing that I'm stuck at however is the Twilight Forest issue. Problem here is that I need to remove all of the biomes from TF, but I need to get that information from somewhere. Doesn't help either that TF is closed source.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

I understand a lot of people are upset with katrix because of the difficulty of the mod pack and the bugs we've encountered. I know the game can be frustrating and a lot of the shit that happens really isn't' fair. But this is the first time (i think) that katrix has ever attempted to make a mod pack like this. He spent months working on it and even created a brand new mod that we and we alone would get to enjoy. When he finally finished he didn't even get to enjoy the mod pack he made cause he almost immidetly started working on version 2.1 to try and fix all the problems and make the difficulty more balanced. I understand why a lot of you are upset but cut the guy some slack. He's working hard so all of us can have fun and i can't imagine all the work he's doing is easy or fun.

tldr be nice to katrix he's trying his best.

Comment

You should had mentioned his incredible beta testers team
                  Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

The pickaxe of the core's secondary usage does not highlight gensokium ore.

Comment

I encountered a new bug.

When I opened the Mod Pack today it said there was an update or something. When I decided to update, I let it download. It loaded naturally. Knowing that the server itself probably isn't updated yet, I decided to hop onto Singleplayer Creative...

What happened then is completely weird.

I try selecting the new world I made, game just closes.

I get INTO the world. I open inventory. I click on the Creative mode search tab. Game Closes. I use NEI in ANY way, shape, and form. The game closes.

I do anything in Singleplayer and the game closes...

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I even allocated more RAM to FTB in general.

If you need to find the crash-reports well... Can someone tell me where exactly to find them?

IDK if other people who might have updated have this bug, but I know that there are people who REALLY like to play Single Player in general for many various reasons. So this is a bit of a problem if other people have it. This seems to always happen whenever I log into the game. I try doing anything on a singleplayer world, and it's like every little thing can cause the entire modpack to just close.
                      Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-20-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Creative search crashing is a known bug, and I'm suprised it's not in the 2.0 release. I don't know what I did to get it out in just that version, but I did something. It's been a bug before, and it's probably stay as a bug until I someday find out what's causing it. The other crashes however are not known, if you could give me the crash log that would be great.

EDIT: You find crash reports in the crash report folder of the instance where you installed FTB
                        Last edited by Katrix; 09-20-2015, 09:39 AM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Can we get this please? The server is going down every 20 minutes and it's really annyoing to have to wait for katrix tto wake up for it to get fixed.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...shed-minecraft

Comment

@Tewi

While I will look into something like that, I also want to find out why this is happening so often and what's causing it. I already know it's not a Minecraft crash.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

It's most likely due to the server running out of memory. But you'll already know if that's the case since you can check the crash logs.

Comment

@Tewi

Not a memory problem because as I said, it never actually crashes. I also made sure just now that it's not the JVM crashing. If it was a memory problem this would be super easy to fix.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X