Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the GAIA computer was built in that place and then the Manor was built after to protect it?

The who would have been a group of the biggest scientist of another civilizarion to stop an intergalactic war and when the computer was built for it's purpose (which the people of our time don't know about) and got left behind to be used again to protect/restart the galaxy

Think of Mass Effect story with Reapers or Mario Galaxy cycle theory with Rosalina
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

True...
      I could use the Caeles for that.
      That would make the GAIA Computer another artifact.
      Then with the part where Nyx takes interest in it and upgrades it using the Manor would make sense.

Then maybe I could use the notion that it was used to create the Venturian Galaxy after the original was destroyed probably by a war as you're suggesting...
      But that leaves how it was destroyed originally.
      ...which I think could be answered with the Nihiliods.
      Parasites that are known as planet killers...
      ...so that would mean the greatest threat to the galaxy is the Nihiliods...
      ...I should reevaluate parts of the timeline to reflect this.
      The fact Nihiliods existed before the first era and they survived all the way to even the seventh era...

Ok this is another big turning point...
      Maybe instead of a massive civil war started over the Blood Tome...
      Maybe it's something to do with the Nihiliods...

They're supposed to be resilient... Which would explain why the "war" lasted so long...

I'm not certain if this makes more sense than what already exists...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can use the Reapers cycle with the Nihiloids, they have been alive from an unknown time and corrupt the living beings to gather more resources and when the GAIA computer was used, the massive energy released damaged it causing the loss of the main use of it.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok so (because I can't access my spreadsheet due to reinstalling OS on computer)

Nihiliods do what they do best: wiping out life in the Galaxy.
          The Caeles create the GAIA Computer to recreate the Galaxy and stop the spread of the Nihiliods.
          GAIA Computer was created on Nox of Venion.

Caeles are succesful.
          First Era starts and the Caeles realize that by restarting the galaxy, new lifeforms are born.
          Arcains and Prometheos.

Caeles, worried about what their presence might have on the new races, leave the dimension with the use of the GAIA Computer.

Fast forward to the Phoenix Incident in Era of the Dawn and proceed.

Ok this explains the origins of everything...
          Kinda...
          What does this not explain?

Comment

I don't know, the galaxy is a big place, we can try to explain how the computer works and how it restarted the cycle, was it a massive blackhole and doing a second Big Bang, did it use relays or proxy places to send a cleansing wave?

Also, did it wipe out all life or selected specific species for the new gakaxy? and how they were kept and released?

I have many more questions, but Some at a time

Spoiler:

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Well I'm thinking that the GAIA Computer mainly is for terra forming, so it technically doesn't affect life forms directly. Sort of like how the Earth was created. Life as we know it didn't exist initially on the planet (as it was nothing but molten lava/magma at one point that eventually gained an atmosphere and everything else that created life.)

The Caeles probably survived by means of space colonies.

How it would work...
              It would probably be an energy field that envelopes the galaxy and then performs the selected tasks.

Pretty much, the process would wipe out anything on a planet's surface...
              Anything that's living at least...

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Nihiliods...
                I'm staring at my own gruesome creation and thinking these could be even more relevant to the entire story than I previously thought...
                Should I implement the changes where Nihiliods are the real threat throughout the story?
                ...should I focus on them or culture of the galaxy?
                Or something else?

Comment

Alternate Timeline Concept

Tomodachi gave me this bizarre idea for an alternate timeline based on the events in Alcyon.
                  There's a point there where things could diverge...

Comment

hm.. I like that idea, with that I can actually send Mara from an alternate universe to meet Runa

Spoiler:

Comment

True
                      It's a dark alternative
                      Instead of Aion turning against Achlys when she attempts to use the Ethereal Darkness, he helps her.
                      This leads to a whole new timeline where a whole new set of outcomes could be true...

Maybe even the RP is actually of this alternative.

Comment

Oh I`m so ready to make both girls meet each other *gets ideas*

you just opened great opportunities for my characters Cucoo

Now I just need something to damage the bioroid.. and also let the story progress too

Spoiler:

Comment

Cross posting

The next great turning point of the development of EG has occurred

Thanks to the concept of the Alternate timeline and something wholly unexpected that Kristia suggested

This happened

What better reason to have a war that lasts for seemingly forever than that of survival?
                          Nothingness... the Void...
                          What if the War of Eternity is not some petty squabble over a book of prophecy...
                          What if it was a fight against the impossible?

The Inevitable Conclusion...
                          A fight against the very thing that consumes all.
                          A fight against the Void.

But can you really destroy that which does not exist? The absence of all existence?
                          No.
                          Can you delay it?
                          Yes.

The Demon Caeles ... Is actually the Void.
                          The Nihiliods are not just planet destroyers.
                          They are the embodiment of the Void.

A fight for survival
                          You would think something such as a fight against erasure would bring a galaxy together towards a common cause...
                          Instead it tears it apart.
                          Hysteria sets in... factions form with different ideologies on how to destroy the Void.
                          A clash of views, everyone is afraid of the other's radical ideas on how to destroy that which destroys.

Time itself means nothing to the Void.
                          Aion, the Master of Time, is rendered powerless.
                          What can he do?
                          He can do what one driven to the brink of insanity can do. Try again.
                          "Cowards die many times, while the brave die but once."

He challenges the Inevitable Conclusion, the Void.
                          But what does he have? His own power means nothing.
                          Strength of Will alone? Against the Void?

Such naivety!
                          What can the will of petty mortals do against the face of certain destruction? Of certain erasure from this existence?

More than the Void would think.
                          For his own bretheren... Other Caeles... aid the mortals of Venturia.
                          Against the odds, they choose to fight.

Upon the revolving cogs of fate does our lives hang. The threads golden with the hue of eternity. The clock turns and the hour hand points to a new time, a new era. Yet we live on, ignorant of the tick of the clock of fate. Nay, our lives are not defined by the clock, rather the events that doth unfold forth from it. As the new age dawns, threads will be cut. Lives will plummet into the abyss of history, forgotten. As they fall, war rises and ravages the hanging threads like a tempest most ferocious. Many lives, many of the golden threads are battered by the onslaught, helpless to change it. War defined their fate. War was the plague that the clock hands brought to help define the new era. But as war storms and thunders and starts the inferno that consumes all that it touches and reduces all to mere ashes...those with a will to change cruel fate stand up from the smoldering embers. With hope and strength of the heart, they force the clock of fate to change again, to move on to a new time, to bring new fortune. And so it does. The war ends and the hands bring peace.

The abyss
                          The Void...

Our lives dangle from the clock of fate.
                          As the threads are cut, we fall to the void.
                          As the hands turn, we move closer to the void.
                          War arises as the struggle for survival ensues.
                          As the mortals clamber over one another in a desperate attempt to escape the void...

They cut each other and fall towards its gaping maw.

Eternity is but an illusion.
                          For the Void is the end of time.
                          The Edge of Eternity.

One does not simply destroy the Void.
                          One can only hope to delay it.

The basic premise behind the entirety of Eternal Galaxy...

After ten long years...

...Is finally clear now.

Comment

Suddenly
                            Religion

So this alternative timeline (codenamed "Void" until I think of something better) has led me to give the Goddess Venturia an actual role now.
                            In the back of my mind i've been toying with using the notion of a religion to explain things. This would then help develop Venturian culture and then tie things all together.

Comment

oh spiritualism, such a polemic subject, and fun to deal with

I can already Imagine the consequences of it

Spoiler:

Comment

Aye
                                The main thing is that if I do develop this, it would serve as a contrast for beliefs.
                                The problem is, how to develop it.

I'm looking at what I got and I think LoZ Skyward Sword might actually have my answer... Kinda....

Comment

Working...
                                X