X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latin for coexistence is convictus...
    I don't trust google translate on that one...

For coexist
    ...coexistant

Anyway
    Tina, like most of my characters, is not really solid. I don't know what I really want her personality to be, physical traits, etc.
    Let's just say, like Kiara, Selene, and even Aetheron, if I were to make a character app of her for an RP, it would be very general. It would seem to have substance, but I would be extremely uncertain. The only character I feel the most certain about is Aion.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Try a different translator. I think "coexistence" might be the key...

As for Tina, we'll just have to try then. If we can find some details on her, then we co u ld perhaps apply some of them to her race, or even solidify more of her story.

What is her history?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Well it seems existence is pretty much latin

Now if I was clever I would use something like this...
        existēmus
        It's a verb that off the top of my head translate to "we will exist"
        ...but doesn't really look the part for the name of a religion.

For Tina...
        Aion's Head Maid whom gained his respect by her occasional displays of courage.
        I don't exactly have much else... Save for the fact that for some reason I picture her with brown hair and a light blue-green dress.

Comment

@Cucoo

That sounds more like a saying they would have, maybe a prayer of sorts. I'm still thinking of a name though.

As for Tina, what is her personality like? We already know that she has courage, so that's a start.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Tina's personality...

My head is bouncing around with so many possibilities I can't really settle for one...

On one side I'm thinking that when she's not putting up with shit, she tinkers and makes "little" contraptions that help her and the other servants in the Manor complete daily tasks.
            But to me that kinda seems out of place for some reason...
            The other side is saying that she's more the strong silent type who serves Aion as an advisor as well. She'll hold her ground but she won't "fight back" except for certain occasions.

... She has a calm demeanor, almost cold calculating but... not cold... so... warm and calculating? She's loyal... She takes pride in serving Aion and she sees Aion being more than just another egocentric and selfish noble.

...eh...

Comment

@Cucoo

Her personality kind of reminds me of Sakuya.

Do you have any dialogue of hers? We might be able to use that to figure it out.
              sigpic

Comment

You could say Aurora's dialogue in the passage "Aurora" could be...but I think that passage will be changed soon.

...There's only 3 scenes that I have Tina in currently.

First scene is not really solid. I don't have the situation down.
                Basic premise is that Tina actually requests something on behalf of the other servants, possibly concerning unrest about the rumors of a revolution. Something is said that causes Aion to strike her, but he stops short when he sees Tina just stand there, eyes closed, calmly bracing for the hit. Something about this makes him think twice about the differences between Arcains and Prometheos. "This frail little flower dares to stand against the brutal gale, to protect those behind her. How could such a tiny thing hope to stop such an unrelenting force?"

Second Scene
                Very little with Tina, supposed to show Aion's view slightly change. I might write this one out later...
                Basic premise is that Aion is the last member of the Council of Twelve that hasn't made his final decision about his position concerning the Arcain Revolt. Tina, Aetheron, and Erebos are in the gallery watching and Aion finally confirms that he, unlike all the others, shall remain neutral. (The others were all uniting against the Arcain Revolt.)
                "A lone flower cannot stand against this storm and hope to break it, let alone survive it. Let me, the mountain, protect you from this onslaught. I will not yield to these winds. Seek shelter in my shadow, as your frail body would break."

Third Scene
                Once I wrote this one through but I didn't like the way I portrayed the rebels.
                Basic premise, Tina tries to take a stand during the raid against the Manor of Eternity. She goes to get armor and a sword despite having no combat experience. When a fellow servant confronts her stating she would be fighting against her own people, she states "I don't care if we are of kin. I am a proud servant of House Leonares. I will not let them tarnish the honor of this family... my family... OUR family."

She dies trying.

Comment

@Yea, she kind of does remind me of Sakuya, or at least what I would imagine her to be.

What are your thoughts on the passages you have on Tina? What traits can you pick up on from them?
                  sigpic

Comment

...To be honest, I feel like I'm looking more at the surface or else I go too far into the character's mind. I mean, for some reason I want to say that she is actually uncertain... though I could then throw that term in for most of my characters. Everyone can feel uncertain.
                    I'm having a hard time pinpointing anything unique. Because everyone can feel a range of emotions.
                    ...And emotions aren't exactly a trait either. Unless it's extreme like Star Trek's Vulcans who suppress all emotions.

...I don't know.

...I can name a character but I can't put down characteristics easily.

...Unless

Tina is an Arcain. Therefore she is frail in physique. She might have some form of markings... I have no idea what kind or where.
                    She might be actually really clever. I don't have any scene that might portray this. I don't know when, where, or why she might portray this. I don't even think this is a significant detail.
                    She is a head maid, she is loyal. What does she do? I don't know. When does she portray her loyalty? Many times. Why is she loyal? Because Aion. Why? She sees Aion as being not just another noble. She sees something in Aion. What? I'm not really sure.
                    Why is she even serving the House of Leonares? One possibility is that somehow she grew up into the position. Possibly adopted, I don't know. How could this have happened? You tell me.
                    Does she have any special abilities? Possibly, might be tied to her being Arcain. Maybe Arcains themselves don't have anything until they choose a path of Luminarc or Noxarc. I don't know.

Give me a way to make this tangled mess work. Part of it is the goal of defining Arcains, the side effect is defining Tina.

Comment

@Cucoo

In my opinion, the puzzle can go both ways. We can solve for the Acains and learn more about Tina, or we can solve for Tina and learn more about the Arcains.

As for what she sees in Aion, what if - now hear me out- what if she can see that he has a special connection to Gaia and Anti energy, perhaps more so than any other Prometheo?

Now, you said that Arcains are adept at using the two energies, but what if they are also able to both sense the energies and sense the energy manipulating potential within others? Also, what if Arcains can use these energies to be connected with each other, not quite like a hivemind, but enough for them to have the ability to establish a "psychic" connection via the two energies? What if she used this same form of "connection" with Aion? He wouldn't know about the link because he does not have the ability to "sense".

What are your thoughts?
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps
                        Then the question would be why would Aion have such a connection to the energies?
                        ...could it be the fact he's part Caeles?

In the end I like it. Would explain a few other points.
                        ...possibly explain a few points. Gotta think if it does...

Comment

@Cucoo

What do you have in mind?
                          sigpic

Comment

In a previous version, Aion wore a pendant that he believed contained the spirit of his sister named Tina.
                            I don't think the premise would still work... Cause the setup for it would be wrong.

Comment

@Cucoo

How so? Can you provide more details?
                              sigpic

Comment

Previous version:
                                Aion during Era of Heaven's Forge believed he had a sister, Tina, whom Revere supposedly killed.
                                Aion made a pendant out of a crystal that his sister kept close to her at all times. It was to be a gift. The crystal was actually the center piece of the Shards of Starlight. When Aion found Tina's dying body, she gave back the pendant. He believed that her spirit still resided in the crystal.

...actually...
                                This could be adapted.
                                Put into Era of the Dawn when Tina dies during the raid...
                                Though why would Tina have a Shard of Starlight, let alone the center?

Comment

Working...
                                X