Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Dat charisma. XD

Ok, but in all seriousness, what if she has a little helper, a leverage gatherer? After all, you did not say that she was good, only that NOBODY speaks ill of her. She could have secret contacts that nobody knows about.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

...a little helper...
      ...Materia...
      Ooooohhhhhh
      yes that would explain it....
      Materia is a Vatian that has unlocked the portion of the Vatian mind that contains the "scripted" future. She served as a councilor...to Revere when he was commanding the Noble Guardian Order...
      But I listed her under the Empire in my list of characters.
      She has the ear of the Venturian Empire AND the Noble Guardian Order.
      Not only is she playing for both sides of the struggle between the Empire and the NGO...
      She could be the one behind the curtains...
      She has the future all laid out before her... She could easily pull something off on this scale...

Comment

@Cucoo

That makes sense to me. If you can tell the future, you can see everything that can and will happen. That is a power to be feared, and if need be, a great way to twist some arms.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Aye and that could explain the situation when it comes to Revere and Materia.
          She could know that Revere is Aion and hence why she's willing to help him. Of course when he becomes the commander of the NGO, then he helps her.
          Maybe the existence of Materia diverts anything against Avonna to begin with...
          Maybe... The people pity her when they know of Materia manipulating things in the background.
          Avonna retains her position...
          ...out of pity. The council functions as a way to stop Materia's influence, but they are more corrupt. When Materia is killed, Avonna no longer has to fear her, even though she trusts her as a close friend.
          ...Or...
          ...the mask...
          Avonna wore a mask at one point. My concept was that mask had a property to influence the wearer's mind.
          Materia could be the one that gave Avonna the mask...
          ...and Avonna trusts her completely and wouldn't suspect anything...

So the Venturian Empire was a puppet for Materia through Avonna.
          So when Avonna is freed of the mask, she then makes decisions by herself. When the Council sees this change, they fear that the Empire would be restored. Avonna at that point, however, is going to not take any bullshit and does what is "needed" to end the war.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hm.. but what about the theory of rewriting the future?

Sure there are things that are bound to happen, but if you stop a key event that would make another future?
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

That's actually the main limitation of Vatians.
              They have only one version of the future written in their mind and can only sense if things are going according to it or not.
              Revere actually was trying to make sure things happened according to what Materia saw for the future, as he wanted to control as many variables as possible while changing only one at a time.

And that could be how Materia finally dies. Something changes so that her ability is no longer relevant and then she can't keep up her tricks so she eventually makes a mistake.

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Next thing I realized I have very little on: Fissures of Time.

Aside from the brief bit in the timeline...I don't have a very clear notion of what's causing them, how and why they can be controlled, and why Selene can see them everywhere all the time while others can't.

Comment

@Cucoo

Okay, so first we have to ask, "when and why did they start forming?"
                  sigpic

Comment

When Aion died the first time, back in Era of the Dawn.

Aion is a master of time, meaning he "commands" time. Like controlling it but sometimes it doesn't listen to him.

"Time is a beast and we just killed its master." -Cicero when he learns of Aion's death in the Phoenix Incident

Comment

@Cucoo

Maybe they are still appearing because Aion died that first time?

Maybe the galaxy's physics are wonky, due to the GAIA computer, that the ability to open them are glitches?

Also, I might have not been entirely accurate when I called the GAIA computer a quantum computer. What I meant is that it warps reality via quantum mechanics/the exploitation of quantum physics. Granted, the computer is most likely a quantum computer anyways.
                      sigpic

Comment

True
                        Maybe when Aion was absent for those few years, Time itself started to deteriorate to a point where the damage was irreparable. Even with Aion's return, they wouldn't stop forming because the damage was done.
                        The GAIA Computer could have a connection to it... It does have a side function that allowed Venturia to return to Heaven's Forge which means it could literally open a fissure. So it could have created weakpoints in time and space where a fissure could easily open again. And Selene could probably see these points where it's the weakest...

Comment

@Cucoo

That sounds likely to me. It would make sense that the GAIA computer would be able to make and close fissures.
                          sigpic

Comment

right
                            ...but now the final question...
                            Why can Selene, a human, see these weak points to begin with? Not even Aion can see the weak points that can turn into fissures...

Comment

@Cucoo

Who was her mother again?
                              sigpic

Comment

Her mother was Luna

Here's parts of the timeline referencing them

RY 12,790
                                Aetheron takes in two humans, Sol and Luna and trains them to use Gaia and Anti Energy

He does this to prepare for the War of Eternity.
                                They become Guardians of Time and, against Aetheron's orders, interact with the people and help them.

RY 108,404
                                Sol takes the Blood Tome and attempts to find a way to destroy the Nihiliods by entering Heaven's Forge to obtain the artifact Iris.
                                He succeeds in retrieving the physical form of Iris, however Aion still holds the other half.
                                Sol uses the power of Iris to try and force a Caeles to fight the Nihiliods for them. He uses it to influence the mind of Anankerisa.
                                Luna attempted to stop him, but she was quickly defeated by Sol with the power of Iris at his command.

RY 109,258
                                Echoes of Time
                                The final struggle to destroy the Nihiliods and the Void.

Aion hunts down Sol to recover the physical half of Iris.
                                In the process, he defeats Anankerisa and stops Sol from using the GAIA Computer in the Sanctuary of Light.

Aurora then raised the GAIA Computer from the vault under the Sanctuary. She uses it to teleport the group out of the Sanctuary and then seals them out.
                                Nero, who had been waiting in the Halls of Time, explains that she is preparing to initilize the Phoenix Code to "restore" the Galaxy so that it would return to the way it was in the New Era.

Luna uses the last of her power and life force to breach the seal that Aurora had placed on the Sanctuary of Light.

waitamin
                                ...Sol used Iris to influence Anankerisa...
                                ...Ok that might simplify things. The Blood Pendant only has two pieces then and Anankerisa was using it to manipulate whoever held Mercurius.

Anyway, that aside...

Comment

Working...
                                X