Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever seems lacking in the timeline. Which is alot...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Uhh... well... I don't really know where to start then. To me it's more like a timeweb than a timeline. A lot happens.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, alot of things are interconnected. I still believe that there might be something that doesn't add up. I would take it era by era.

Comment

@Cucoo

Man that story took FOREVER to type up, but I got it done.

Hmm...

Ok, well I guess we just have to scan the timeline and try to find any inconsistencies, right?

Also, I forgot to mention this... Damn that was a crazy entry about the princess and the Nihilid! That's some Dead Space kind of stuff there! 0-0
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Aye
            Also yea,
            That was the OLDEST passage I've had in my head at this point.

I've been sitting on that one for... a few years.
            It felt good to finally get part of it down in words.

But yea, that's my original vision of an encounter with a Nihiliod.
            Not to mention it was the only encounter with a Nihiliod I had for a very long time.

I was thinking about maybe another passage with a girl showering only for the water to run as blood and when she looks up, A freshly mangled corpse dangling from an adult stage Nihiliod greets her.

Comment

@Cucoo

Again, Dead Space vibes. XD

So Nihilid are serious business, huh? I always assumed that they were simply like the chest busters from Alien.

Any other Nihilid encounters?
              sigpic

Comment

There was one other I kinda had in mind:
                A large army attempts to fend off a Nihiliod swarm in a sort of last stand setup.
                They lose.

Another one was a space colony that had practically been wiped out by one adult Nihiliod. Aion and a group of mercenaries go in to investigate and evacuate the survivors. They find the Nihiliod and no weapons they have are effective against it. It turns into a race to get out of the colony.

Oh and not many of the mercenaries make it. The Nihiliod managed to pick off a few of them on the way in and on the way out.

One of them sets the colony to self destruct in a last ditch effort to kill it.

Unfortunately adult Nihiliods can survive in the vacuum of space. Did it survive the explosion?
                ...maybe it did...

Comment

@Cucoo

Tough guys. There's got to be a more effective means of killing them...

Of course, something tells me that we'll just have to find out, huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

The search for those means spurred a war (specifically the War of Eternity) because everyone didn't like everyone else's radical ideas.
                    On Alcyon, it drove Achlys to summon the Ethereal Darkness, which everyone believed would lead to her destroying everything instead of saving.

A bio computer on Senarious believed turning everyone into robots would save them. Eleos and the other survivors had something to say about that. And they said it with bullets.

The Daedalus Project, powered by seven stars, was designed in the hope that pure brute force could destroy the Nihiliods. Of course everyone was worried more about the collateral damage it would cause.

On Inopia, everyone gave up and said the apocalypse is upon us and just became lawless renegades.

Nox, Erebos created a safe haven and pretty much doesn't want to deal with the problem. It's where you'll find people that just want to live without fear of the Nihiliods and just don't want to worry about anything else.

Nexion and Duon is where people are just living and fighting for the future, clinging desperately and almost blindly to hope that they can fight back the Nihiliod threat and keep them quarantined.
                    Of course, no one likes that cause they got out of quarantine before.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-05-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

And that is the problem. Nobody wanted to compromise, so they all stunted their own efforts. It makes me wonder what would happen if they all worked together instead of fighting each other.
                      sigpic

Comment

Eternal Galaxy Project

Oh that's the thing
                        The did work together once.
                        They did manage to quarantine the Nihiliods successfully. But the process was horrific enough.

Imagine: they rounded up everyone infected with a Nihiliod, and then dumped them on a planet.
                        They left countless people to die to Nihiliods. For the sake of quarantine. Even though they had help from the Caeles at one point, it just wasn't enough.
                        This bug problem practically plunged the galaxy into mass hysteria. Because not even the Caeles really knew how to get rid of the Nihiliods. Their plan was the Phoenix Code, reseting the entire Galaxy.
                        Did it work? No. A few Nihiliods survived the Phoenix Incident. Twice.

If you found out the beings you considered to be like gods, vastly more advanced, couldn't deal with them, would you be able to hold on to hope?

How strong would your grasp on hope be after learning that?
                        That's what the galaxy is experiencing.

Comment

@Cucoo

Meh, I have a feeling that there will be a way. We just haven't thought up of it yet.

I think that there is a way, it's just that it will take some creativity, organization, and quite possibly luck.

I don't know, maybe I see it as a puzzle to be solved, a challenge waiting to be overcome. After all, it is psychologically/neurologically rewarding to accomplish something difficult.

I'm telling you though, there's a way we haven't thought of yet, and I think I might have a couple possible ideas.
                          sigpic

Comment

Throw em out there
                            Just know that the Nihiliods are spawn of the Void.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, well first, what do we know about their physiology? What is their shell made out of?
                              sigpic

Comment

Well there's this
                                Originally posted by Cucoo5
                                - The Nihiliod replaces internal organs with its own.

- A fully grown Nihiliod can exist without a host. So two phases of Nihiliod growth allows it to exist without a host.

> Larvae Phase: small, mite-like in appearance, about half the size of a golf ball and capable of becoming paper thin. They burrow into a host by first numbing the area of entry and then slipping in by flattening themselves.
                                Sometimes multiple larvae will enter a host and go dormant, using it as a transport.

> Parasitic Phase: This is where they start to reroute circulatory systems and nervous systems through them so when they consume internal organs, the host does not feel it.

> Adult Phase: They now have a fully developed exoskeleton independent of the host that is adapted to withstand whatever the host knows as a threat as well as what previous generations have adapted to. They will then consume the rest of the host body. They can start reproducing at this phase, laying hundreds of eggs at a time.

> Queen phase: Massive Nihiliods that can lay billions upon billions of eggs. Ultimately immobile. There can only be one Nihiliod Queen on one planet. The queen is capable of surviving off of Aura energy found near the core of a planet. If there is no more organic life on a planet other than the Nihiliod presence, then the queen will consume all Nihiliods and go dormant until new organic life disturbs it. How this happens...
                                ...idk. Possibly using the concept that all living beings have Aura energy and if a concentration of Aura energy is detected on the surface of a planet, the queen awakes...
                                Or if the planet's Aura energy is altered through mining operations...
                                Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                                ok then, I can use the Alien movies idea of introducing the creature inside the host, then it will adapt to the body to gain nutrients and slowly grow while gaining knowledge frothe hostīs mind

Then with that information, the hive will understand the hotīs area, culture, etcetera until the time to release the outbreak starts, in the meanwhile, the nihiloid will stay "dormant".
                                Here starts my idea about how to kill them and how they are so resilient (or adaptable for what I understand)

To actually kill a Nihiloid, there are some points that have to be checked depending on the creatureīs status:

When it gets in a host and it is known the creature is inside, if there is time, the Nihiloid can be eradicated by using laser/ultrasonic surgery (use Resident Evil 4 Plaga as example), but if it gets attached to a vital organ, the chances to take it out and replacing the organ is highly dangerous because the creature might react violently by killing the host.

When the Nihiloid is inside and controlling the Host (as Cucoo used the "Princess" example): The creature is still "connected" to the host because of their union via organs, so if the host gets injured, the Nihiloid will suffer too, so to actually kill the creature, it is extremely vital to use the hostīs critical weaknesses (heart, brain, lungs for example), that will weaken the Nihiloid enough to be slowed and destroyed.
                                CAUTION.- To evade any risk of infection from the Nihiloid, it is needed to incinerate the body to the point of cremation leaving only dust.

It is yet unknown what to do when dealing with a "Pure" Nihiloid because the information that has been obtained so far shows that they act as an infection to the hosts and have a high adaptability system by using the hostīs genes.

Data about the "Pure" Nihiloids is yet to be found.

The Nihiloids can adapt pretty easily with their surroundings IF they get a host from the area, the host will have information about the surroundings, the weather, the culture, and itīs physical immunities to the area. The next of the Nihiloid Kin will have this advantages from the collective gene pool to become better in all areas.
                                In short If I took everything and compiled it together

Nihiliod Larvae are capable of being killed easily as they have no exoskeleton, relying on the host as protection. They cannot live long without a host.

Nihiliod Parasite begins to develop and is more resilient depending on how far it is in the process to becoming an adult. During this phase it begins to quickly adapt and change. Variants of Nihiliods form during this phase.

Adult Nihiliod is when the parasite gains a full exoskeleton and is adapted to survive what the host knows about as a threat Due to their hive mind nature, what one Nihiliod knows as a threat, they all know. Attack one with Aura energy, and any other parasite phase Nihiliod begins to adapt against it. The Adult phase becomes perfectly immune to what the Nihiliods have perceived as a threat.
                                Because Physical and energy based attacks are the main forms of attacks upon Nihiliods in the past, the Adult Phase Nihiliod's Exoskeleton is adapted to be immune to any physical trauma and any energy based attack. To what degree it is immune is unknown.
                                Their form also varies depending on the environment. Flying Nihiliods to swimming Nihiliods are not unheard of. They tend to favor an insectoid form for general areas.

Queen Nihiliod is a massive Adult Nihiliod with the purpose of producing massive quantities of Nihiliods. Immobile, they feed off of the Planet's energy and any organisms the other adult phase Nihiliods gather.
                                A Queen Nihiliod will continue to adapt, however it is the offspring that gain any new adaptations.
                                There will only be one Queen Nihiliod on a planet at any given time. Two queens on one planet is unheard of.

The Void itself can spawn rare variants of Nihiliods. What these Nihiliods are like is unknown as they eventually become a normal Nihiliod.

Comment

Working...
                                X