Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An adaptive ad evolutive species that work in the way of a hive, what one knows, the others get it too, a system of webs connected either by a neural connection through each creature or some kind of genetic constant mutation for the evolution.

Yet they are still far from perfect, the Nihiloids still need hosts to survive their first stages of life, so they canīt just wipe out entire systems because they also would fall with time. This need isnīt something they would hate since it by doing this, the Nihiloids wil become more intelligent and understand new ways to live.

They might be a parasite for some, but they also could be praised by others..
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

That would be about right.

The Void Project was started by the Caeles. When the Unknown became a part of the Void, it created Nihiliods to be effective in wiping out any other beings.
      Perhaps the flaws of the Nihiliods is actually a trick.
      What if they were designed to be the way they are deliberately.
      Dangling a way to exterminate them only to make it near impossible to do it.
      The Nihiliods aren't just destroyers of life.
      They're psychological weapons.
      If their ruthless means of spreading isn't enough... the insanity of trying to exterminate them will break any beings that still resist. A hope that seems so possible and yet, isn't.

They are the weapons of the Void. And it want's you to be afraid of them. Because what the Nihiliods might be lacking, fear makes up for.
      Their flaw is what makes them perfect.

They not only instill fear
      but they give false hope.

...No matter what happens, the Void can keep the Nihiliods coming.
      ...The Phoenix Incident managed to keep their numbers down...
      ...but they just keep coming back.

...The Void.
      The only way to win is to beat that which cannot be destroyed.
      ...Or maybe...

...The Gaia Computer has been resetting the Galaxy through the Phoenix Incident.
      ...Maybe resetting isn't the answer...
      ...Maybe...
      ...a hard reset is what's needed.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-05-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I think I know how to easily kill them.

Ionization/particle accelerators.

You see, unlike the living embodiment of the Void, Nihilids are made up of matter, and because of that, they can be attacked on the atomic/subatomic level.

You see, my first idea was antimatter, due to how effective it is at destroying matter, but I realized that they could adapt to take on the properties of both matter and antimatter, making their shells nonreactive to both types of matter.

Well, that's when I decided that instead of thinking big, we need to think small, much smaller. You see, these Nihilids are able to adapt to weaknesses, but an atom's charge/structure is not a weakness, it is simply the atom's nature. There is no adapting to that, and it is hard to do much of anything when one's atom's are scattered.

I have a couple other ways, but I also need to ask a question.
        You see, the Nihilids' shells can hold so many properties that many of them would actually conflict with one another surely there is a means for them to somehow pull this off.

Do their shells essentially run on quantum superposition? How adaptable are the shells?
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

You see, it's not just the Nihiliod's exoskeleton that gains adaptations. The Nihiliod itself adapts.
          Hence why different versions exist (flying, swimming, etc. etc.)

During the Venturian eras, Nihiliods adapted to have an exoskeleton that is similar to the strengths of Forterium and Inerium without the weaknesses.
          Forterium is virtually impervious to physical trauma but is weak to Gaia Energy.
          Inerium is the opposite. Easily affected by physical trauma, but impervious to energy, Gaia and Anti especially.
          The two don't really mix normally.
          But the Nihiliods have shells that exhibit the beneficial properties of both.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what they're immune to.

Of course there is a limit. And that's why the Daedalus Project was created. In an attempt to break that limit.
          They only adapt so far. To protect themselves from whatever is current. It's a vicious cycle where as soon as you break a limit, they adapt to the next level.

And... Ionization.
          At first seemed legit but then you have to realize...
          certain elements are more resistant to ionization than others.
          On our periodic table, that would be Noble Gasses.
          ...but maybe the Nihiliods aren't exactly organic... Maybe their bodies are composed of some element that we don't know about.

And this could be explained by the answer to the next thing...
          Now something I've been staring at is what the Nihiliods that are spawned directly from the void would be like? What are they made out of considering they just came from nothing?
          Maybe they're energy that manipulates matter into a new element. Maybe when they're growing, they have a core of some sort of energy that connects them to the void... that core feeds off of Gaia and Anti energy and can manipulate matter? So they consume organic materials...but the reality is they're after Gaia and Anti Energy and matter...
          Anti is the energy of the spirit of a living organism.
          Gaia is the energy of the physical realm.

...wait
          ...what consumes energy and matter in our known universe?
          ...oh gods am I about to say they might have cores that are like that of black holes? Except different?

I don't know where I'm going with this train of thought...

Comment

@Cucoo

True, but in this timeline, they might have more powerful means of ionization. Our greatest power outputs today would be like batteries to them.

Anyways, what I mean by quantum superposition is that it is a material that can take up many properties at once. If that is the case, then how reactive are they? Are they as reactive as say... the quantum materials in Ethan's ship?

Also, I have another method, this one being inspired by Halo. What about if you digitize them into nonliving data, then simply strip their code and/or delete them?

Also, my brother made the joke about tossing them into a black hole. XD

If they really do have "black hole" cores inside them, then they can starve, and if the core is small enough, they also have a lifespan. I would recommend looking up kugelblitz, as well as perhaps micro black holes. They might have to be similar to a kugelblitz, or else the mass of each Nihilid would be astronomical.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Right...

I think what I'm trying to tackle is: what properties do Nihiliods have similar to the Void

And I'm sticking to this concept:
              They are flawed only to make it seem they can be destroyed.

So perhaps they can been harmed by ionization. But each generation comes in more resilient to it than the last. Until they start to adapt faster than technology can advance.
              And when you think you somehow exterminated them all before they could adapt, one still is there or more spawn from the void.

And...not sure I follow what you mean by how reactive is their material...
              They're immune to a limit and when you kill one with something they aren't immune to (or exceed the limit to which their immunity ends), the others start adapting accordingly.
              Adult phase and Queen phase Nihiliods won't adapt, but the offspring or even the current larvae or parasitic phase Nihiliods will start adapting.

Comment

@Cucoo

And what flaw do they have?

Also, as for ionization, where is the limit before atoms can no longer be affected? There is a limit before they reach the limits of physics and quantum physics.

Also, what about digitization into nonliving data?

I have another idea based upon the Caeles themselves. You said that they built where nothing can be built, in the Void itself. If that is the case, then they have mastered the void. What if they have the technology to annihilate the Void, use itself against it? What I'm thinking is "Nothing Cannons", or Void weapons. After all, nothing can adapt to oblivion, the end.

Also, you said they were immune to a limit? How so?
                sigpic

Comment

First: The Caeles

So they went to an alternate timeline to try again...and there they succeeded.
                  The Caeles managed to wipe out a Universe...
                  They just...casually wiped out a universe and built within the nothingness left behind in the absence of a Universe.
                  They literally made an alternate timeline where only they exist. Not even a universe exists.
                  Nothing exists except the Caeles.
                  They did succeed in giving the void proof of existence through the unknown caeles.
                  They did not succeed in adapting technology to utilize the void.
                  They did manage to "replace" an entire dimension of existence with Heaven's Forge.

...and I think I need to keep this in focus a bit

The Void and Venturia
                  The Void is the premise of non-existence while Venturia is the premise of existence.
                  While the Void denies any beings the ability to exist through the use of the Nihiliods, Venturia used the GAIA Computer to promote the existence of beings in the galaxy, other than the Caeles themselves.
                  Maybe...

The Caeles were the original race of the "Eternal Galaxy"
                  The Void project was started...
                  ...to wipe out all other races in the galaxy that might have existed.
                  However it backfired. When the Nihiliods targets the Caeles as well, they took actions to undo it.
                  The GAIA Computer.
                  The Phoenix Code
                  But...Venturia was also against the Void Project.
                  So she implemented a part of the Phoenix Code that would generate new races in the Galaxy.
                  The opposite of what the Void Project was attempting to achieve.
                  Next:
                  immune to a limit

i.e. breaking point.
                  This is part of their flaw.
                  Rather than becoming perfectly immune, they only gain immunity to a certain point. immune to physical trauma...until x force is applied. But next generation of Nihiliod will be immune by x+1 sort of deal.
                  kill next generation with y>x+1 and they will be immune by y+1. rinse and repeat.

Third:
                  Ionization Energy - the energy required to remove an electron from an atom. varies depending on element.
                  Nihiliods have properties similar to the strengths of Forterium and Inerium.
                  the properties could make Nihiliods really resistant to ionization. They might have been hit by it and adapted the material of their bodies accordingly somehow.

I consider digitization similar as to me it requires energy to convert them and therefore the energy needed to convert them could be based upon the properties of the material they're made of.

Comment

@Cucoo

But if that was the case, then the Nihilids' mass would increase until no planet could support them. How I see it, digitization's speed and effectiveness is reliant on mass, as well as the scale of the machine. It doesn't matter what the properties are, the more massive the atom, the longer it takes.

Not only that, they are not bring killed by being digitized, only stored, and once they are stored, their hive mind won't be able to communicate their condition, meaning they can be deleted.

If they can still somehow communicate, then once they have gathered them all up, they could just delete them all at once.

I also have a way they could track the Nihilids, perhaps by scanning for their energy signatures via normal means, or something a little more powerful, the GAIA computer.

As for ionization, let's assume they somehow adapt the material of their bodies. Can they really survive a device that has an energy yield within the petawatt range, maybe even higher magnitudes? All I'm saying is that matter and energy can only resist so much before going kaput. I can understand being resistant, but there would be a limit before no element in existence could survive.
                    Last edited by S121; 11-05-2014, 11:38 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

...no element...in existence...
                      What if somehow... The unknown created a material that exhibits properties of something that does exist... But in reality it doesn't.
                      The Nihiliods are made of a material they can choose how it exists... Because it doesn't have any bounds. It isn't bound to anything that does exist.
                      The adaptations of the Nihiliods give this material properties that do exist so that they can interact with our realm of existence. That's why they can't be completely destroyed.
                      Because in the end we're fighting the properties the Nihiliods chooses to "exist" through adaptation.
                      Nihiliods are very much like the Unknown. They are a paradox. They choose how they want to exist through adaptations because the reality is they don't naturally exist.

The connection the Nihiliods have to the void has been found~!

Comment

@Cucoo

But that is almost exactly how a certain quantum material an Ethan's ship behaves, only it exists. If that is the case, then what if Ethan were to program his ship's computer to interact with the Nihilids, or adapt his ship's programming for the GAIA computer?

To be honest, I think the GAIA computer might contain the answer in one form or another. After all, "While the Void denies any beings the ability to exist through the use of the Nihiliods, Venturia used the GAIA Computer to promote the existence of beings in the galaxy".

Better yet, what if they were to use the GAIA computer's programming to create a "weapon" against the Nihilids. The computer can warp reality itself, so what if we introduce nothingness's opposite, something they can't destroy? It's a relatively new idea, so I'm refining it. Doesn't help that I'm getting distracted by the TV.

Not unless they're not supposed to have a weakness for plot reasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

...come back my beautiful paradox...

actually wait... I still have it.
                          Main difference is their base "state" is non-existence. So after you kill a Nihiliod, you essentially remove it from existence as you destroyed the existential body. The Nihiliod is still "alive"
                          You kill the body but not the being. It's not like a soul though... because I define souls as existing via Anti Energy (Can we figure out a new name for Anti? It's buggin me now...).
                          Once you kill it, you can't interact with it and it can't interact with you. But it's still "there" just... not...

Now the GAIA Computer was combating them: Phoenix Code was the weapon. The Phoenix code replaced nothing with something. In this case, something in the form of beings and a "refreshed" galaxy.
                          It works... if it wasn't for the fact the Void still has a tie to existence through the Unknown.
                          So at the end of the day it would probably work out where the way to beat the Nihiliods is to 1) beat the Void and 2) reset the galaxy immediately
                          Easier said than done.

Oh and I just realized...
                          The barrier containing the situation to the Eternal Galaxy is gone now...
                          ...The Nihiliods can spread beyond the Galaxy...

Comment

@Cucoo

Yes, but resetting the galaxy didn't wipe out the Nihilids before, so why would it work now?

As for the Unknown, what do you have in mind? From what I understand, you made it so that simply touching him is worse than death, and by that logic, nothing can touch or affect him.

Not unless they use Heaven's Forge to craft weapons/armor specifically designed to kill him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Did you see this passage?

Void

"There's always a way!"

"You can't give up hope! We can make it through this!"

"We will not yield!"

The voices echoed in the corners of Aion's mind. They seem so distant, memories of a bygone age. At the present, Aion couldn't tell where he was. He couldn't see anything. He couldn't feel anything. Nothing. None of his senses could grasp where he was. He couldn't tell if he was lying down, standing up, or falling. However, when he went to reach for his face, he could still feel the pressure of his hand against his face and his face against his hand. He was awake, but everything felt so unreal.

"The void, as a concept, is the absence of all existence."
                              "So the void doesn't exist?"
                              "...in a way, yes."
                              "Then why are we afraid of the void?"
                              "...because it does exist."
                              "But that contradicts what you just said. If it does exist, how can it not exist?"
                              "...it's...it's complicated."
                              "Well, couldn't ya say that it's the embodiment of a paradox?"
                              "A paradox? I guess but... still, why do we have to fear the void?"

The hairs on Aion's nape stood on end. Something else was there with him. Although none of his other senses detected anything, he still had that feeling there was something, or someone else close by.

"...a consciousness. There is a consciousness tied to the void."
                              "Wha-" Aion suddenly became alert. It was another memory...but this one was foreign. The voice associated with it was familiar but...

"My colleague was indeed successful." The image of Nyx started to form in his mind. "However...due to the unstable nature of which they achieved this..."
                              "...Replicating it would be unwise?" Another voice, this time a man.
                              "Yes."
                              "And what of the GAIA Project?"
                              "Done, we will be able to utilize it should-"
                              "Should the parasites spread any further?"
                              "Pardon?"
                              "Your former colleague has already utilized the void to create a new race of parasites to cleanse the galaxy of all other beings."
                              "...I...I see..."
                              "However, the possibility of these creatures escaping the bounds of the galaxy is high enough that a means to destroy them is necessary. And we believe the GAIA Project can be modified to do that and perform what we initially intended to do with the VOID Project."
                              "You...intend on using the GAIA Computer to wipe out all beings? Not just restoring resources?"
                              "Precisely."
                              "But-"
                              "I am sure you will be able to modify it accordingly, won't you, Venturia?"
                              "...Y-yes. I'll begin work right...away."

The memory ended and left Aion with a plethora of questions and revelations. A sharp pain in his mind prevented him from dwelling on the recent discoveries. The pain of memories being forcefully brought to the forefront of his mind made Aion reel. A sudden onslaught of words, said by various people he knew, were brought together into a sentence.

"You cannot escape me, spawn of Venturia."

As the pain subsided, Aion looked forward. In the nothingness, he thought he could see the silhouette of a person. "You're...the..."

Pain again as everyone he knew said in unison "Void."

I've been using the Unknown to directly refer to the Caeles that became the Void.

Now the thing is... you can't touch him because he doesn't "exist enough to do so."

Now something that I've been toying with...
                              I was thinking that maybe some part of the Unknown has been captured in the Shards of Starlight... possibly it's consciousness...or not really...
                              The Shards bear a connection to the Unknown...
                              They were created to try and capture it but... they didn't exactly succeed...
                              The Caeles thought they managed to capture the Void but...they didn't...not exactly.

Comment

@Cucoo

So they need to gather the SoS and.. throw them at him?

Ok, that's just me screwing around, but I guess they have to make him "whole", right? What happens then?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X