Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth be told, I've been watching all the RPs this entire time. Every time someone posts in any of the RPs I get a notification on my phone. So that's not a problem.
    As for if it will come back to any form of momentum...That's ultimately up to everyone that's in the RP. There's barely anything needed on my end with my characters which, when done, can vanish to the background. The pocket Ciceros still exist should some sort of nudge be needed to move forward.
    And as for that specific line of what I said... that's me making sure that I would get a chance to get in things because I will be busy with academics here in less than 5 days time. So should things actually move forward and should there be a dungeon run or so within the school year, I just want to give myself a safety net so that I could still get in an item or so to help tie up the loose ends. Preemptive planning on that part, that's all.

Comment

Ok then, I was worried since it did sound like what I posted
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok just so I can say it

I'm opening up the Celestora system to help kickstart things. People had plans for it so this should allow things to happen.
        I suggest making new characters for this new "chapter" as I'm calling it.

From the ashes the Phoenix shall be reborn.

Comment

Name: David "Dave" Jones

Age: 29 (a whole month younger than his sister Miranda though.)

Appearance:
          Dave's eyes are of two different colors. His left one as seen in the picture is of a bright blue, while the other is a light green. Dave also wears black pants complete with a white belt, and brown dress shoes with black laces. Dave is almost never seen out in public without his precious brown fedora. He is not bald, he just likes his hat a lot. Oddly when he is angered his blue eye becomes a dark red, and his green eye becomes a dark orange. No one knows as to why though.

Race: Human

Profession and/or Talents: Dave is rather intellectual, and oftentimes considered to be an expert when it comes to Human Psychology, and engineering.

When it comes to engineering Dave is rather talented, capable of recognizing pieces of machinery, whether or not something is wrong with them, and figure out a quick way of how to potentially fix any problems that there is. Though fixing the problems takes him a bit longer... given the supplies he has at hand, and whether or not he is actually willing to repair the machinery. Engineering is definitely his strong suit as even when he comes across a machine or device he does not recognize/know about, he will immediately begin trying to examine it, followed by wild guesses by him as to how it works.

Inventory: Not much. Dave is the kind of guy that despite him being the leader of CY-044 he does not carry a weapon on him personally. Instead he has a small wristband that he wears on his right wrist.

http://i.imgur.com/NKOayD4.jpg

The device projects a holographic screen in which Dave can freely interact with. The device has a wide range of uses ranging from a simply communicator (with a live video feed of the person he is talking to, but only if that person has a means of sending live video data), a powerful computer, and even a GPS. The GPS works by him opening a map of the area he wishes, him selecting a waypoint of sorts on the map, and then (much like in dead space) it projects a holographic line that leads him along the most efficient path to his selected destination. This device is Dave's most precious tool, and as a leader of a colony it really does help out a lot. Other than this Dave does not really have anything on him rather than a nice thick coat so he can withstand the long, harsh winters of Alcyon.

Personality: Dave is... Dave is a rather joyous guy always trying to make a cheesy joke here and there, but this is all just an act. Dave is actually a very intelligent man, smart enough to fool quite a bit of people. However such intelligence does not come with wisdom as Dave frequently makes the wrong assumptions, as well as makes mistakes whenever he tries something. That does not mean he is stupid, he just doesn't make good choices. Dave also is a bit of an "enigma" whenever he is busy working on something he is either dead quiet, or is talking to... someone or something that isn't there. His personality is also unpredictable. One second he can be all joyous, then the next second he will be all dark and serious...

This unpredictable nature of his causes his men to actually fear what he might be thinking, or what the hell he might end up doing. Dave also has a close attachment to his hat, as he does not like taking it off all too much (when going outside in Alcyon he will try and fit his hat underneath his coats hood). When he does lose it though he tends to... freak out beyond comprehension. Also Dave may be a skeptical guy, and he may be insane but when working on something he is usually dead serious. Though he does tend to overload seriously. When this happens Dave has a complete (temporary) mental breakdown. Such as if he is exposed to a multitude of things that just does not make sense to him, he loses his hat and is unable to find it after a few hours, or when he just can't figure something out.

First his mental breakdown starts with him freezing up, getting a pale complexion, and just him muttering something over and over again. This is followed by him beginning to shake nervously (quite intensely in fact), and then he will get a severe nosebleed. This ends with Dave completely collapsing. When Dave ever does happen to have a mental breakdown of this scale he is unable to be talked to as almost everything around him (aside from what he is focusing on) seems to be tuned out completely. So when this happens all you have to do is just... let it pass.

Dave also isn't very... social. Unlike his sister Miranda, Dave tends to spend his free time alone in his office. Often times he will even be a bit more harsh to others he had just met until he warms up to them. No one knows as to how he had became the leader of CY-044 due to these mental issues.

History: Dave is the brother of Miranda, the Head of Security of Nevaraas colony CY-001, he was separated at birth from his sister. However as they both grew older, they both managed to get in contact with each other thanks to the I.C.C (Intergalactic Colonization Corporation.) You see much like Miranda, he was born to a family who had been working with the I.C.C. In turn when he reached the age of 8 he was then "enrolled" into Colonization Training Program. A program that was meant to both help train, and teach future colonists how to well... properly colonize and maintain a colony on a selected planet. Over the years Dave had gone through the many different parts of the training, and when he finally graduated at the age of 23 he was then assigned to be stationed at several different planets in the Celestora system. However one colony on the planet Alcyon had kept getting reports in about some lost men, and as such Dave had been sent to Alcyon's colony CY-044.

Bio:
          At the current moment in time Dave is now a head scientist/head of CY-044. How did he become the leader of CY-044 though? Not much people are sure of the real reasoning, but all that is currently known is that the "Higher Ups" apparently thought he had the "right stuff" to be the new head of the colony as a temporary commander. Though it's mostly due to his knowledge and prowess with dealing with machines.

Notes: Not much to say aside from 2 more character apps for Alcyon characters and the colony CY-044 on the planet.
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Just a heads up in general for this RP:
            I'm going to officially consider this Community Controlled. This means that whatever needs to be done can be done w/o need of my blessing. I'll just throw in location settings and minor notes but the rest is on the community.

The hope is that this will provide the freedom needed to move forward.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Name: Runa Cauble

Appearance:
              Runa has fiery red hair almost reaching to orange, she has clear sky colored eyes, her body is lith and looks of a late teenager although she is already developed. Her attire is usually of a bluish worksuit that is tied up on her waist while the upper part is covered by a sport grayish long sleeved tanktop, but what is the more obvious thing on her is the armor made of physical heightening mechanical leggings and left mechanical arm. (they will be explained on the inventory

Race: Human

Profession and/or Talents: Runa is usually a bounty hunter, but is also an engineer and scout, her talents vary from each profession.

As a bounty hunter, the red haired is efficient, but it looks more like if she was on a sugar rush firing and evading her targets although this method works to confuse the target, her nature becomes serious when it comes to engineering as she focus on the goal of fixing the problem and lastly, in scouting, she is silent and uses the environment to her advantage.

Inventory: Runa has an assortment of tools for the usual day, be it for her many projects or for transporting, the main things she has are both the mechanical leggings and arm, the leggings work to heighten her physical abilities (high jumping, speed, strength etc..) and the arm works as both physical strength and for electronic works by using the hand as an interface to hack her way to the goal.

When it comes to protection and attack, The engineer has two weapons, the first is a Sub Machine Gun that can shoot 80 rounds per clip or shoot poison/virus darts that consume 20 rounds per shot. The more poison/virus darts the target receives, the more damage over time it will have.

The second weapon is her Rocket Launcher named REX, it looks like a bulky suitcase, but can open its "jaws" to fire three misiles per clip which have two types of shooting, the first one is just firing a missile on a straight route making high damage, the secondary shot is locking on the target counting each missile and firing them heading to the target, but as the missile flies it will release a cluster of five mini missiles to make average damage but at different angles.

Personality: Runa is an optimist person and tries to help on her different works, she can be seen thinkering on something or doing a random project, if she get close to androids/bioroid/whatever being with mechanical add on´s, she will ask to see how they work and act as a kid in a toy store, but when she starts working, a serious person replaces her.

History: Runa lived in a space colony, her memories of parents are vague due to the fact that the colony was more like a big family than smaller communities, she didn´t have any problem with that and got the knowledge to survive by her own, training for many subjects was something the fiery red haired girl had as a goal as she always tried to know more about anything, so when she reached her 18 years, Runa decided to travel through space and discover new things. The jobs varied from the simplest ones as fixing electronics to complex things like ship engines, the young adult knew that the galaxy was a dangerous place and got survival training while making her weapons.

Bio: At the moment, Runa is on a freight ship to see how the engines work with her repair jobs, the destination is unknown to her as this is just a test run, but many things can happen while going on the dark space.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay here is my 2nd character app, and this app is actually that of a character from a little series known as DBZ. He only appeared in two specials (one canon, one non-canon), and in a few other pieces of media from DBZ. Fans of Dragon Ball Z would know him as Bardock, Father of Goku (he's my fav DBZ character. What can I say? I've been watching way too much DBZ lately...). Don't worry, he won't be OP. Think of him as a weaker version of John (due to some nerfs)

Name: Bardock

Appearance:

He stands at 6ft 3.

Race: Saiyan

Profession and/or Talents:
                Spoiler:
                Bardock as a Saiyan Mercenary is rather skilled. Having a high knowledge of close quarters combat, combined with superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, and reaction (a little short of being equal to John's stats) he is a very strong warrior who should not be taken lightly. Aside from that he has the natural ability to use his bodies natural Ki (life energy) to fire powerful blasts of energy from his body if need be. These blasts can be weak enough to kill a single person (like a gunshot), all the way up to being capable of destroying entire islands (and much later on in Dragon Ball Z some characters are strong enough to destroy entire planets if they put enough energy into an attack) if need be (however only some of the strongest warriors are capable of pulling off such feats. Bardock may be strong, but the current limit to his power with a Ki Blast is being capable of destroying a large building like a military base. However that takes a LOT of power in order to do so, and he does not like using such power unless it is absolutely necessary.) More on Ki Energy in the Notes section of the app.

Ki is not restricted to just performing attacks, for one can fly with Ki by "putting their Ki underneath them" thus allowing them to fly. Bardock like all Saiyans who are naturally adept at using Ki, has mastered the ability to fly with Ki. It takes a little bit of energy to stay in the air, but flight is a very useful technique.

On top of this Bardock was described as being an "an average fighter, but a brilliant scientist". It isn't stated what he is a scientist of, but it could be possible that he is an expert when it comes to biology. As he was the one who created a technique called the Power Ball. A ball of Blutz Ray energy, a type of energy that causes Saiyans to transform into gigantic, monstrous apes at will. Normally a Saiyan could only transform into a "Great Ape" when under the full moon, and only the most hardened Saiyan warriors (like Bardock) can control their Great Ape form. They can also only transform into a Great Ape if they have their monkey-like tail (of which I won't give Bardock in this RP.) Since in order to create the Power Ball, one would assume that the creator of it (Bardock) needed to know quite a bit about Saiyan Biology. So it can be assumed that he is an expert in Biology. That does not stop him from being a strong fighter though. He is a highly capable tactician in battle, able to perceive the situation at hand and act accordingly with it

Inventory: N/A except for his Saiyan body armor which is made out of a durable, yet flexible steel-like alloy.

Personality: Bardock displays personality traits fairly typical of Saiyans. He is warlike, always ready for a strong fight (and won't hesitate to kill someone), but compared to other Saiyans, who are cold-hearted and of simple thoughts, he also happens to possess calm judgment and a small measure of humanity. Because of his actions of saving his companions, which is rare for a Saiyan, he is greatly adored among a portion of the low-class warriors. Unlike a typical Saiyan, most having little care for comrades, Bardock deeply cared for the members of his team, and wa enraged after finding them killed on Planet Meat (weird name), particularly Tora during their last conversation. He is somewhat cocky, loves fighting, and will kill in cold blood. He has a laid-back and fearless personality (which he passed onto his son Goku); as evidenced by him and his crew accepting missions that baffle even Frieza's (one of the major villains of DBZ) elite soldiers, and his taking responsibility in confronting Frieza alone.

Bardock is definitely the kind of guy that would fight to the end, even if he knew he wouldn't make it out alive in the end.

History:
                Spoiler:

Bardock is a low-class Saiyan mercenary who leads a small platoon comprised of four other Saiyan soldiers in Bardock - The Father of Goku: Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh. His mate Gine was also part of Bardock's team at one point. Together, the team made a living by traveling to various planets where they decimate the defenses of these civilizations and prepare them for Frieza's planetary market. Bardock was famous for his bravery even among the Saiyans.

After clearing a society on the Planet Kanassa as Great Apes, a weakened survivor emerges, catching Bardock off-guard, and instills in the Saiyan the ability of precognitive foresight. This ability, the Kanassan believes, will over time serve Bardock with vengeance for the crimes Saiyans committed in the name of Frieza. While in recovery after the platoon's return to Planet Vegeta, Bardock is met with what he passes off as a delusion. In his vision, he witnesses the destruction of his home planet by the hand of Frieza, and also sees the salvation of the planet Earth through his son Kakarot (eventually had his name changed to Goku when he arrived on Earth). During this time, presiding doctors attest that Bardock's power level was increasing at a astonishing rate, and would have possibly surpassed the Saiyan ruler, King Vegeta.

Bardock was still out of commission when Frieza executed his selfish plan to resolve the paranoia he was experiencing. Following Frieza's orders, the capable soldiers Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh were instructed to clear the civilization of planet Meat. During their visit to the planet, the group encountered one of Frieza's most dangerous minions, Dodoria, and his elite, who betrayed them by Frieza's orders and made short work of Bardock's team.

When Bardock was informed that his team has accepted an offer on planet Meat, a still injured Bardock hurriedly made preparations to pursue his friends, unaware of the dangers that awaited at his destination. On his way to his Attack Ball (a space pod), he came across his newborn son Kakarot and checks his power level to see if his visions about him growing up to be a strong warrior was true, but disregards the notion after seeing that his son only hadan average power level. Eventually once upon Meat, Bardock discovered his ravaged comrades and, to some fortune, finds that Tora is alive but in critical condition. Vowing to avenge the four, Bardock removed Tora's armband, now soaked in blood, and dons it over his head (providing an emotional backstory for one of Bardock's most recognizable physical features). Bardock was suddenly assaulted by Dodoria's Elite, although for a low-class Saiyan, he was able to dominate over the elite-class fighters until Dodoria launched a Super Mouth Blast, overpowering Bardock, blasting him into his friend's dead bodies and leaving him for dead.

Bardock barely survived this attack, and came to terms with the fact that his visions are actual premonitions and not a case of delirium, he desperately struggled against time to return to Planet Vegeta and change the grim fate of his people. Upon his return to the planet, he immediately begins spreading the word of danger, but his panic (as well as the state of his condition) only leads the other Saiyans to believe Bardock was overreacting after having finally met his match during a typical mission.

Terrified at the reaction he had received, and the helplessness of his situation, Bardock in a frenzy took to the skies where Frieza's spaceship is orbiting, in a last resort effort to throttle Frieza's plan to eradicate the Saiyans. As Bardock displays an abnormal ability to fend off hundreds of Frieza's soldiers, Frieza decides that the situation was growing out of hand. Frieza's decision was solidified by his perceived insolence of another Saiyan, King Vegeta, who had invaded Frieza's spaceship with his servants' in an attempt to rescue their prince, Vegeta (who at this time was nowhere near the ship, as he was carrying out orders on another planet). After killing King Vegeta and his royal guard, Frieza stepped out into the orbit of planet Vegeta where he encountered Bardock, who insisted that the Saiyans refuse to continue being oppressed and commanded by the tyrant.

Intending to wipe out the Saiyans anyway, Frieza did not see a problem with Bardock's allegation, and somewhat patiently listened to Bardock's speech, staking out the perfect opportunity to commence his genocide. This opening comes when Bardock attempted to kill Frieza using a Final Spirit Cannon (one of Bardock's Ki attacks), which Frieza retaliates with by laughing manically as he expands a charging Supernova which absorbs Bardock's blast.

Within moments, the Supernova was set free from Frieza's fingertip and careens through numerous bystander soldiers en route toward planet Vegeta; Bardock was among the first of many to be consumed by the ball of energy. As he was apparently incinerated within the Supernova, Bardock had one final vision, that of his son Goku (born Kakarot) challenging and defeating Frieza, which brought a smile to his face. His regret, however, is that he never had a chance to hold his infant son in his arms before his child was commissioned to Earth only days after being born.

However a miraculous event happened. The energy from Frieza's Supernova attack, and Bardock's psychic abilities had actually created a rift in the fabric of space and time. Not only sending him into the future, but also into a different universe altogether.

Bio: Due to the rift in space and time, Bardock had ended up within the Venturian Glaxy, a galaxy that exists in a universe not his own. The exact place of Bardock's emergence into this "new world" was the planet Alcyon of the Celestora system. He was found roughly a week ago, severely injured but still alive by some soldiers of the Alcyon colony CY-044. It has been roughly a week since Bardock had found himself in this new world, and he is still recovering from his wounds. Thankfully most of his more severe wounds were healed, and his armor was repaired. With nothing better to do he spends his time alone in the colony, still thinking about all the events that had transpired. One unfortunate side effect of being brought into this world was the loss of his psychic powers.

Notes:
                Spoiler:

One thing notable about Saiyans is their Zenkai ability. Zenkai is a natural trait in which if a Saiyan manages to survive from a near death injury (like Bardock's), and recovers, then his Ki power level doubles (but physical capabilities don't for balancing purposes.) Currently even with the 2x boost to his Ki. Bardock is only strong enough to destroy say a medium sized island if he puts enough energy into it, but that can actually leave him in a very bad spot physically (he would be drained, and if he pushes himself too much after using all his Ki energy in an attack he can actually suffer from serious bodily damage, if not death.)

More About Ki: Ki is also known as "latent energy" or "fighting power." The term is the Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese term "Chi" (氣), which directly translates as "life force." This force is a tangible energy inside every living being, with its major focus being in the center of the body. By drawing it out, an individual is able to manipulate it and use it outside the body. Ki can be used for many different techniques. Because there are physical limits to the strength of the body itself, it is necessary to increase one's ki to overcome this barrier and become stronger.

Usually, the more concentrated the masses are, the more time the user requires to draw it out by powering up. When fighters gather ki, they are able to gain enhanced strength, speed, endurance, and can increase the power of their attacks to inflict greater damage to opponents. Normally, the more the ki is increased, the harder it is to control, so ki control is also important. One can even lose Energy when the user sustains injuries, thus the more injured, the less powerful with Ki the user becomes.

Ki can be seen in a vast array of colors ranging from bright blue, all the way to dark red. However Ki can only be seen when one is either charging up Ki, or firing an energy blast.

Weaknesses:

Bardock in terms of physical strength, speed, and reflexes is roughly equal to John in his Spartan armor. However Bardock isn't as durable as a Spartan. His bones aren't indestructible (he can still get broken bones), high caliber rounds can still pierce his skin, and he can still die somewhat easily. Though thankfully with his Ki he can still survive in environments like the barren cold tundra of Alcyon, or the burning hot heat of Nevaraas (any hotter or colder and he will need protection.)

On top of this Bardock had also lost his monkey-like tail when he was attack by Frieza, and in turn he is somewhat weaker (not by much though.)

OKAY here is my second app done. 3rd one for my other char Andrew won't come for a while...

Man I feel like a major DBZ fanatic now...
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

SUS, Dragon ball is one of the best shows in the world, I fainted when Mario Castañeda (Goku´s latin american voice actor) and the other original voice actors acepted to voice the characters in the latest DBZ movie.

But I think that the highlight of that movie wasn´t the fight itself but Vegeta´s dance.. the whole theater laughed to the point of tears, me included XD

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

I agree. Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z are both really good and both have a really nice overarching story.
                    The entirety of the Dragon Ball series (minus GT. I found it... okay...) is just really entertaining as hell and has so much good aspects to it. Sadly I have yet to see the most recent DBZ movie. I've heard a lot of awesome things about it.

Anyways about your app, since Cucoo made this RP a Community controlled RP, I say your character Runa looks good for the RP.

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

I'm going to revise the OP later today, but some things that are relevant now: instead of the 3 reviews to acceptance, 2.
                      There will be "dungeon runs" and I will add items in various chests to make things interesting. If for some reason I miss a chest, let me know.
                      This will be my way of making things even more interesting without actively being in the RP.

Also to help myself focus: Should Phoenix be completely removed from EG's lore or should I actually keep EG's lore tied to this?

P.S. All 3 apps (both of SUS's and Kristia's) get the go ahead from me.

Comment

SUS, your characters are approved by me

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Thank you. Now I should get to work on the info for CY-044 on Alcyon.

CY-044:
                          Image:

http://i.imgur.com/favyZ6R.jpg
                          That is just the outermost part of the colony, the rest of the colony (like the residential area) is located within the actual mountains.

Description:
                          CY-044 is a colony stationed on the planet Alcyon in an attempt to colonize the Venturian Galaxy. It is home to the Celestora Environmental Research and Weapon Development branch. The colony itself is located within the Northern mountains of the planet Alcyon.
                          The innermost part of the colony is kept warm thanks to special ventilation systems that pump in some heat from the planet's core. This colony has been around almost as long as CY-001.

Current Leader/Head scientist: David "Dave" Jones.

Okay this is just a small description of the colony CY-044. Post in the IC will be coming shortly.

Comment

And the question remains: Should I actually keep Phoenix tied to EG's lore so that the historical background remains, or no?

If yes, then It provides me with the next thing to work on in the timeline.
                            If no, then I won't use anything I develop for Alcyon here.

Comment

@Cucoo

I would probably say no if you are trying to keep this separate from EG now as much as possible. Though that is just me. In the end it's up to you.

Comment

@sus
                                ...right...
                                Just means that all historical context no longer exists...
                                Not sure if that's good or bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X