Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the confirmation I was waiting on. Also I'm considering saying the forest region in the southwest is named the Forest of Seasons which is totally not a LoZ: OoS reference.

There would be the ruins of a sort of shrine there.
    If ya want, it could be the first "dungeon"
    A very short one where it's just finding a secret room.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
      @Cucoo
      Yeah I know it really is a "when" question... I'm just afraid of the future outbreak TT^TT. I really don't want one happening until near the end of the Alcyon arc, as I have a few things planned first. First Add and Reiya need to get their shit done and head to Alcyon, then a small travel Arc that will require the main group of Alcyon to travel a bit of ways to an old outpost to meet up with my upcoming 4th Alcyon character (who I have been working on for a while now), then return to CY-044, then possibly leave. The outbreak could happen right before the Alcyon group leaves, that way the outbreak would happen without immediate threat of the characters becoming potentially hosts to these parasites (because I have a plan of how to start the nihiliod outbreak I.E. awaken the dormant queen. It involves sending an unnamed expedition crew to explore the detected caverns, and eventually stumbling across the queen, all the while the Alcyon characters are ready to leave the planet, they do, then the outbreak spreads to the rest of CY-044, thankfully though Dave won't be on the planet. He would most likely ditch his duties as leader to travel with the others. Though if anyone else has any better ideas, then that is fine. I just don't want the outbreak to happen so freaking soon. Technically this RP is still quite early. I don't think it is about time to deal with serious shit such as a parasite outbreak just yet.)
      Just in case you missed it Cucoo.

Also ancient shrine? First dungeon? Add a bit more to it, and I'm up for it!

Comment

Ok I missed that edit.
        But no, even I'm afraid to initiate the Nihiliods.
        Because with the new timeline, the entire War of Eternity was fought just to survive and put a stop to the Nihiliods.

Though I'm excited to try and start it...
        They can wait until the time is right.

The Shrine...I need to think it through a bit before I do anything.

Comment

@SUS

Well I wouldn't shortchange Bardock so quickly. After all, he is supposed to be stronger than Raditz, right?

From what I can remember, Raditz caught what I assume to be either a buckshot pellet, or a slug during the first episode when that farmer shot at him with a shotgun. From that, we know that Bardock can at least shrug off a 12 gauge shotgun. Of course, this isn't the most accurate way to find how capable he is. For that, we would need power levels. (even though power levels are about as significant as saying "really strong, due to all the power spikes. At least it gives a rough estimate on his baseline power, right?)

If we cab find out his power level, we can then take that and compare it to different points in the show where they state a person's power level. It might be a little bit of a stretch, but it should work.

What are your thoughts on this?
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@S121

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT MOMENT DAMMIT! That was one of the better moments at the beginning of DBZ :P

Also I do have some possible information about his power levels (even though those are unreliable ways to measure power in DBZ lol.)

By the time of his final confrontation with Frieza, Bardock's Power Level was around 10,000. That was with the minor Zenkai boost he had received by the injuries he had in a battle before he confronted Frieza (before Frieza blew up the planet, and nearly killed Bardock.)

Now in the special Episode of Bardock (which is actually pretty damn recent.) Bardock had survived Frieza's Planet Destroying attack, but ended up being sent quite a long way into the past to Planet Vegeta when there wasn't any Saiyan's. Due to the nature of his injuries he had sustained at the hands of Frieza before he was sent back in time, the Zenaki boost Bardock had received was quite large. It is commonly thought that one of the prerequisites before one can become Super Saiyan, is that their Power Level must exceed or be around 100,000. In Episode of Bardock, Bardock does go Super Saiyan when he sees Chilled (an ancestor of Frieza), mostly due to the anger he held against Frieza for kill his men, and Chilled only reminded Bardock of it because of him being related (and looking/acting somewhat like Frieza) to the space tyrant. Meaning that in the last moment which we see Bardock, he must have had a Power Level somewhere above 100,000 which is... surprising, as it is probably around the same power level that Goku, probably had while he was on Namek before he went Super Saiyan, though at that moment in time Goku was far stronger than Bardock would have been, even when Super Saiyan (as Goku previously had trained with King Kai, received a large Zenkai boost during his fight with Vegeta during the early Saiyan Saga, then when he was on his way to Namek he trained in a ship which had a gravity generator, and trained at 100-300x Earth's gravity [until such gravity was like nothing to Goku], then received ANOTHER Zenkai boost after his fight with Ginyu, meaning Goku at the time really was the strongest Z-Warrior, and yet couldn't even hold his own against Friez'a final form [when Frieza was only at about 50-70% of his max power hin his final form.] Well... that was until Goku went Super Saiya, and curbstomped the tyrant lol.)

So yeah since this Bardock was the one that rather than being sent back in time before being nearly killed by Frieza (when he was destroying Planet Vegeta), but rather than going back in time, Bardock had been sent to a whole other universe. Bardock still had received the same Zenkai boost, but I had to nerf him a bit so he wouldn't be too OP. I'd say he is still strong enough to go Super Saiyan, given he has the proper trigger (blinding rage) for the form. So his Power Level would probably be around 110,00 I'd say. Just a guess. Raditz's power level during the Saiyan Saga (and before he died), Raditz had a mere Power Level of 1,200-1,500. So yeah... Bardock is pretty damn strong. If a Saiyan with just a mere Power Level of 1,200-1,500 can shrug off a 12 gauge shotgun blast, and Bardock has a significantly Power Level, then it would fall into reason that Bardock can shrug off quite a surprising amount of damaged (a shot from a high powered Sniper Rifle might just be deflected off Bardock's forehead for all we know XD.)

Then again, please remember I had to nerf Bardock for the RP, in fear that he would get too powerful.

Though you should remember the wise words of Dragon Ball Z Abridged during the Frieza Saga. "Power Levels are bullsh*t" lol.

Man I wish you had access to Mumble, and your computer right about now :/
            Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-03-2014, 01:01 AM.

Comment

@SUS

(Reads part about nerfing Bardock. )
              (Remembers that RP characters are usually nerfed.)

Oh... Right... Now I remember. ^^;;;

Anyways, I'll see what I can find out about the power level. What we do know is that Bardock can lift anywhere from 18000 pounds, to 54000 pounds, assuming that he's as strong as Goku. As for speed, I will get back to you on that. I'll also see what I can find about durability. Even though power levels are inaccurate, it's the best we've got.
              I would at least assume that he can shrug off most gunfire, and even fairly high powered explosions. What he would really have to worry about would probably be lasers, plasma, gauss, and all those other sci-fi type weapons.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@S121

Yeah. Power Levels despite them seeming like an accurate way to measure power, they were rather inaccurate. As the characters in Dragon Ball Z eventually do learn to sense energy (like a 6th sense of sorts, and was far more reliable), and they even became smart enough to lower their own power. So that it would be harder for devices like Scouters (which were made to track and measure Power Levels) to detect them, and would fool the user of Scouters (as say Gohan would have suppressed his own Power Level, an enemy with a Scouter would read his Power Level as low, believe that Gohan is weak, then Gohan would catch the guy off guard by quickly powering up to full power in an instant, thus getting the upperhand for a brief period of time.)

Also I wouldn't say Bardock is as strong as Goku by end of Series, or even halfway through the series. I'd say Bardock would be as strong as Goku during early Frieza saga. Strong, but not strong enough to take on the likes of Frieza. As for lasers, plasma, and gauss (and other futuristic weaponry). Bardock could probably guard against such stuff if he learns how to use his Ki to form a solid barrier, which depending on how strong the user is with Ki, the barrier could protect against pretty much anything.

Comment

Ok going through things and trying to solidify some stuff...

First off: the Void.

Originally posted by Aion
                  There exists a theory that states the universe is in a constant cycle of creation and destruction. That the universe, when everything is created, it will eventually be destroyed. When everything is destroyed, it shall be reborn. Eternity exists for the universe. There is a beginning and an end to the cycle, but it loops forever.
                  But what if... what if the cycle wasn't truly eternal? What if the cycle did have a definitive beginning and a definitive end? What existed before, and what will exist after the ends of time itself? Nothing.
                  The void, the absence of existence, of everything. In our reality of existence, the void does not exist, yet it exists as a concept. A paradox in its own right, for to be the existence of non-existence contradicts itself. A maddening concept. Something that is the absolute end of all things that, in of itself, cannot be anything, for it is the very definition of nothing.

And this begs the question, if the void is nothing, then how can it be something?
                  A race of beings, Caeles, explored the concept of the void, and succeeded in giving this intangible concept a form in our plane of existence.
                  One of the Caeles ultimately became nothing; an intangible entity. an embodiment of the void.
                  How is this possible? It should be impossible to give the absence of existence an existence!
                  And yet, it happened.
                  Or perhaps it didn't. For there exists no records of this Caeles. The identity of this Caeles has been lost to us. It was as if the existence of this individual has been erased, as if they never existed.
                  But we know that this Caeles did exist, for we are speaking of it now. So it did exist, but now... it does not.
                  But again, the paradox still remains. If this one Caeles does not exist, then why do we speak of it as though it did exist at all?

We could try to argue both sides for eternity.
                  But that raises the last question...
                  If the void has proof of its existence through the individual Caeles that became the void, then does that mean that eternity itself does not exist if the void came before time itself?
                  Does this mean that eternity is not forever?

Does this mean that there is an end?

Have we found the edge of eternity?

Next up: Shrine of Seasons

This shrine existed as a center of the power of four sacred nymphs that embodied the seasons of continent of Mana on Alcyon.
                  Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water were the four elements that represented the four seasons.
                  The four nymphs, each one representing one of the four elements, governed the seasons through the shrine.

The Nymphs depicted respectively are
                  Napaeae
                  Lampadesa
                  Aurae
                  Limnadesa (aka Kiara)

The shrine is divided into four parts, a section for each.
                  hidden deep within are five Corlaviri Crystals which help control the seasons, four of which are for the individual seasons with one master crystal. If these were removed from the Shrine, the continent's seasons would be thrown into chaos still not a LoZ: OoS reference.

Each crystal is buried deep within the shrine, typically only accessible through the respective elements.
                  The master crystal is a keystone that contains a piece of Aurora's code.

There's one thing I'm kinda hesitant about and want to do a quick poll
                  of the four elements, Fire, Earth, Wind, Water...
                  Which one do you think represents which season?
                  I'm leaning towards having water and fire represent winter and summer respectively...
                  Fall and spring however...eeeeeh....

Comment

I think Earth should be Fall, as it's Harvest season, and people harvest plants from the Earth.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

yea that makes sense.
                      Ok I'll just flip those two and this is how it goes now:

Wind -> Spring -> Aurae
                      Fire -> Summer -> Lampadesa
                      Earth -> Fall -> Napaeae
                      Water -> Winter -> Limnadesa (aka Kiara)

The Shrine is in four quadrants pointing in the four cardinal directions with a central hub.
                      Respective to the list above, the sections go counterclockwise starting at the west.

The regions of Mana also represent this, with the mild groves of the western regions, the arid plains of the southern regions, the temperate forests of the eastern regions, and the frozen mountains in the northern region

The reason the Shrine is in the southwestern forest is due to the abundance of Aura energy there. The forest served as a safe haven for the Nymphs and therefore was ideal for the shrine.

In the western portion of Mana is a tower in the center of the old Kingdom of Luminox that contains a massive Corlaviri crystal known as the Eternal Light, safeguarded by countless barriers.
                      The eastern portion has another tower deep within the forests of the Dark Mages with a similar crystal known as the Ethereal Darkness. It is not guarded by anything, for in the past, fear was its shield.

The only entrance to the Tower of the Ethereal Darkness is in the City of the Dark Mages, in the peculiar cavern complex immediately below the forest.

Ok going with this concept
                      The Shrine of Seasons is guarded by a variety of things, including mechanical golems that I may be basing entirely on Skyrim's Dwemer centurions
                      There are 5 varieties of these golems, one for each element plus a neutral type.

(Mima helped with these)

Also the deeper in you go, the more likely the crystals will attempt to protect themselves with possessed armor and maybe even resurrecting the dead.

Each Crystal has a type of guardian (boss)
                      Spoiler:

Earth:

Water:

Fire:

Wind:

And for temporary purposes until something similar is found, the Central crystal is protected by these

Also for possible reference with Nihiliods Adult Phase
                      Spoiler:

Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-07-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Ok so I'm seriously considering this now...
                        I think it's time for me to join back in to RPs
                        or at least this.

So I already have one character, Ignis "Grey" Leonares, who is on Nevaraas. I need ideas on how to explain how/why she could get from there to Alcyon.
                        She has a transport so space travel is fine.
                        There are unactive "warp gates" in orbit of most planets...
                        New concept of "Rifts of Time" might explain how she gets from point A to Point B...

Also If I can't get Ignis over, then I have a concept for a new character, Zoe Aquala. She would be trapped in the Shrine, possibly at the end.

Comment

@Cucoo

I am intrigued by this bit of good news.

Who is Zoe? Do you have anything solid yet?
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S1

That's the thing
                            There's only one detail I have and one possibility
                            The solid detail is she is the daughter of Kiara Aquala
                            And if I go by what inspired her (Tomodachi Life) her father would be Nero Pendragon (That tactician guy in EG: SoS with the hidden mouse ears.)
                            Because she's the daughter of Kiara, she would be a Nymph. high probability that she would be a water nymph like her mother.
                            Following this train of thought... the reason she might be in the shrine is because it's a part of her duty as being a nymph. She might be trapped in...something.

I can use Tomodachi life to help me figure out her personality... but as a whole, she's in of herself a new concept.

Comment

@Cucoo

The Shrine? Do you mean the HOT, or is it a newer location?

Also, I can't wait to see the new character. To be honest, I actually have taken a liking to reading apps. It might be because I have nothing better to do. XD

So how do you think she got there? Did she know her mother? How old is she?
                              sigpic

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

It's a new location on Alcyon.
                                The Shrine of Seasons which is totally not inspired by the temple of seasons of LoZ: OoS

Posts 323 and 325 has more on it.

As for how she got there...
                                Alcyon was Kiara's home planet and if Zoe is also Nero's daughter, who doesn't have a home planet per se
                                Then Alcyon would be where they would live.

How old...
                                By this time she would be about as old as Ignis, maybe younger. I have to check but that means 16-19ish

Even though she's been alive as long as Ignis (10,000 ish years)
                                And this means she survived the end of the Era of Echoes... Which I'm not certain how to explain... Considering I have yet to solidify how the Galaxy comes to the current state with the introduction of the Void.

And did she know her mother? Most likely yes. Probably taught how to Nympha tend to the Shrine as a Nymph.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-12-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X