X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tewi
    Alright I see nothing that conflicts with the EG lore so you got approval from me.

On the side I would like to just gather everyone's thoughts on the lore and how it would impact their character(s) since some are not as obvious as others.

Oh and before anyone asks, yes, GAIA Revision is not done yet. I've just now reached what was in Shards of Starlight the point where things go to Alcyon... Which in the RP we didn't quite reach. At the pace I'm going I might finish Era of Echoes in the next month. PROGRESS IS BEING MADE. So barring any further gaps in logic, I might have it done in two months. Geez this revision is anything but small. I'm predicting 30-40 pages of timeline when it's done.

Comment

@Cucoo

Honestly I'm not sure how the lore would effect some of my characters... I'll need to think about that for a bit.

Anyways the lore so far doesn't so bad.

Comment

Itll be awhile before we even come close to getting to SOS, so take your time.
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

@ Kilel
          Thing is SoS comes before Phoenix chronologically so the fact in the timeline I'm working on chronological order, it's between me and the part of the timeline that is Phoenix. With the way things are working out, I don't want to skip anything as details carry forward.

Comment

I getcha. And then were gonna have the absurdity that is heaven travelling to the SoS time period lol

Comment

i'l have to actually go and read all of the lore before i can possibly answer that. I have quite a bit to catch up on.

Comment

aye

@Tewi

make sure you refer to the google doc one since that's more detailed and more up-to-date. I need to paste in my latest additions at some point, though that'll take a bit.

Comment

link please? also i'm a slow reader so i might take a while

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

EG Project thread's OP and the last post in it by me. Literature section. I also updated the second post in this thread before I got off my computer to have it.

Oh and don't worry, it's 12 pages long and not even done. I don't expect anyone to read and fully comprehend it in less than a few hours and especially not without questions.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-30-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

@Kristia

I like how both Runa and Bryn are completely unfazed by the fact that these parts literally just assembled themselves with no outside forces applied to them.

EDIT:

Cucoo you're gonna love me for this...

I decided fully on what Heaven resembles now.

Spoiler: yes

This plus towers inside and shit.
                      Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-31-2015, 03:42 AM.

Comment

THIS IS THE APP FOR THE HEAD OF GRACE INDUSTRIES!!! XD Also will explain WHO and WHAT GRACE Industries is.

Name: Gabriel "Gabe" Hallman also generally called "Hallman" or "Mr. Hallman".
                        Spoiler:

Appearance:

Race: Male

Profession and/or Talents: When it comes to business, genetic research and cellular engineering, and business INVOLVING genetic research and engineering, Hallman is definitely a genious. As current head of GRACE Industries, Hallman's intellect in knowing how to handle and run a business must be quite high. In fact if it wasn't for some of his actions and decisions within the company, then it wouldn't be the major Multi-Billion dollar (or whatever currency that is currently used in the RP by colonists) company that it is today. His knowledge on genetic and cellular research also did help when it came to designing and coming up with some of the major projects currently going on within the company.

As a business man he's also quite persuasive, and negotiable. His current target are the many new colonists traveling to Venturia, hence his reasonings for bring GRACE to Venturia as he considers it a goldmine due to the many colonists. He's also contemplating on establishing his own colony... but he needs to wait and see if it would eve nbe profitable.

Inventory:
                        Not much. He's not much of a fighter or someone who goes into the thick of things himself. He'd rather sit back, and let his top men do all the more dangerous work (like say hunting down Ethan, and other escaped/rogue projects.) HOWEVER he does have a few things on him to ensure his safety should he ever go to the frontlines.

Said gear includes:
                        Top of the Line GRACE Industries brand Energy shielding device in which he wears over his left arm (right below the elbow):
                        Spoiler:

This one is a high grade capable of withstanding several .50 cal rounds or even a military grade frag grenade before dissipating (though having a grenade explode in his face will indeed still stun and quite possible daze him, but he would remain otherwise unharmed. It's also resistant to most forms of EMP's (though EMP's with a strong enough charge can disrupt his shield.) The energy shield itself is like an invisible shell that forms in the shape of a small bubble around his body. Oddly though he never really turns the damn shield on when he is in his own office.

GRACE Industries brand wristwatch, communicator, and personal portable computer:
                        Spoiler:

The device projects a holographic screen in which can be freely interacted with (much like a touch screen.) The device has a wide range of uses ranging from a simple communicator (with a live video feed of the person he is talking to, but only if that person has a means of sending live video data), a powerful computer, and even a GPS. The GPS works by him opening a map of the area he wishes, him selecting a waypoint of sorts on the map, and then (much like in dead space) it projects a holographic line that leads him along the most efficient path to his selected destination.

Those are the two most important items he has on his person at all times.

Personality:
                        Gabe is cunning, ruthless, and a bit of a money-grubbing bastard who doesn't mind playing dirty if he has to. As the Head of GRACE Industries, Gabe considers himself to be a man of power, respect, and high importance especially within the Venturian Galaxy. When it comes to business he will do whatever it takes to beat the opposition profit wise, but will on occasion quite literally take out other competing companies if he feels like they are a serious threat to his business. Despite this he does try to maintain a good image in the eyes of the general populace, saying that his products and research will help aid colonists, space travellers, and just general stuff.

Regarding his personal affairs with his employee's. Mostly Emil and Lyrcoris. He does respect them, and will treat them rather fairly (especially Emil.) However he does not tolerate failure. If he hears that any of his men have failed in their current important task of locating, and capturing Ethan and Megumi. Then he will be quite angry. Though instead of letting his anger get to him, he will rather just sigh and begin thinking on ways to help improve Lycoris's and Emil's armor and genetic enhancements.

Though there is one thing that will get him unbelievably pissed off, and that is destroying HIS property which will cost him outrageous amounts of money (like the time when Ethan escaped and destroyed an entire research facility. The fact that one of his building's were destroyed, but also how every bit of valuable research notes, data, and people who were killed. Had cost him possibly the largest amount of money he had lost in the last 10-20 years.)

He's also not afraid to scrap or ditch certain projects if he finds that they have far outlived their usefulness, or if they have failed their tasks far too many times to count (but will only scrap them after making sure that doing so would not cost him anything in the long run.)

Otherwise he is generally a calm and collected man, that isn't above taunting and mocking others (as long as he knows what he said won't become so public.) Hell often times he would just rather make jokes about them, or even joke with them as though he is just an old friend you meet up with at a bar. Though when it comes down to business, Gabe is rather serious when it comes to his job, and hunting down Ethan and Megumi.

History:
                        Ever since a young age Gabe Hallman was a studious young lad. He always had the dream to create and run his own multi-billion dollar business. As such he spent most of his young life studying, working hard, and just trying his best to be capable of accomplishing his dream. By the young age of 15 though he started to take a strong fascination in genetic research. This new fascination was strong. He found himself entranced by all the different things that one could possibly do to a person or animal just by modifying their genetic and cellular make-up. It was around this age that he decided to make this the focus for his future company...

By the age of 26 he finally got multiple degrees in Genetic Research and Cellular Engineering... but now he just needed the funds to start his own business. He already had plans for a large ship which would function as the main hub for the company, and what the company would deal with... but didn't have any money. It wasn't until his father who was working as one of the higher ups in a completely separate organization managed to get Gabe a job within said organization. From there Gabe worked hard for the next few years until the head of the organization passed away, and the position of Company President was handed over to Gabriel's father. It was also around this time that his father had acknowledged Gabe's desire to run a company, and ended up deciding that the day he passes, the position of company president would be handed over to his son Gabriel.

Hearing this Gabe immediately began devising a plan to assasinate his father so that he could inherit the Company. As from there all he would have to do is shift the focus from Medical Research to Cellular and Genetic Research. One more year passed before his father was finally killed by an assasin hired by Gabe. From there Gabe had inherited the company, renamed it to GRACE, and began working on shifting the focus to Genetic Research and Cellular Engineering. Over the course of the next 10 years Gabe had successfully brought GRACE to become one of the largest and most powerful human-owned Genetic Research organization.

Currently after having suffered two major losses in the form of Ethan Ambers, and BRS "AKA" Megumi. Of whom both had caused a lot of destruction to GRACE property, of which the former had destroyed an entire research facility and everything in it. While the latter of the two had killed a lot of personnel as part of wht she called "training". He has current been hunting these two down, sending some of the Super-Soldiers that GRACE has developed after the two of them. They are part of the reason as to why he has brought GRACE Industries to Venturia, not just to turn the whole colonization thing into a profit, but also he just wants to capture Ethan and Megumi at the moment.

Just recently though (like as in the present day of the RP) a large, strange, blue box has randomly appeared in his office. Of which he has no idea where it came from, has no way to move it, and no way to open it. This "blue box" is confusing the ever-loving hell out of him.

Bio (I'm going to use the Bio for GRACE Industries if that's okay):
                        The company that Gabe runes, GRACE Industries, is a large Multi-Billion (by current standards) company that specializes in the research and engineering of Genetic, and Cellular material. Though this mostly means the company has been focused on making Bio-Weapons/Tools of nearly any kind, the company does also dabble a bit in the medical field. As dealing with Genetic and Cellular Research will eventually cause some discoveries regarding diseases/conditions that involve messing with the cellular structure of the human body. Other than that they tend to focus more on modifying humans, creating artificial life forms, and various other things involving Genetic and Cellular Engineering of which they then sell or 'rent' them out to other companies, individual's, and colonists for various reasons (bio-weapons could be used for wars or security, while other life forms can help with construction and mining along with other jobs too dangerous for normal humans.) They also dabble with plant and animal life. Modifying fruit-giving plants to produce more bountiful crops of better tasting fruits and vegetables, along with animals and plants that would be more resistant to viruses and diseases.

In the eyes of the general public/targeted consumers. GRACE Industries is advertised as a company that focuses on "Paving the way for a new, modified, and stronger future." In other words GRACE advertises itself as being a friendly company that intends on building a stronger society by modifying humans and other things to make them stronger, faster, and smarter. However on the inside where the public eye can't see, GRACE is rather cruel regarding their experimentation on human life, almost as they have no regards for the feeling's of the people they experiment on among other things. Even then in the eyes of most employee's and even the "Project's" they usually just believe that it's all for the good of the future of humanity.

Recently though (like a few years) GRACE has began dabbling in also developing more technical weapons... with mixed results.

Notes:
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-31-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

@kilel
                          Kukai Foundation... Nice.
                          I'm now half expecting something like the Durandal.

Also on Kristia's behalf, Bryn/Mara at least has seen Venturian tech which has similar concepts.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 05-31-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

APP FOR GABE HALLMAN IS DONE!!!

Also do not call him Gabe Newell. Call him Gabe Newell and I fire you out of a cannon.

Now working on the app for the GRACE Industries ship, and the TARDIS.

Comment

I accept it

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
                                @Kristia

I like how both Runa and Bryn are completely unfazed by the fact that these parts literally just assembled themselves with no outside forces applied to them.

EDIT:

Cucoo you're gonna love me for this...

I decided fully on what Heaven resembles now.

Spoiler: yes

This plus towers inside and shit.
                                Sorry for not being so active

As for why the two females aren´t surprised or anything similar to why someone can use telekinetic powers it is beccause they have seen crazy stuff in their lives

Runa in her background (Sanctum 2) fought against hordes of monsters to stop the destruction of a planet and then discovered that said creatures were the natives, then comes her line of work dealing with spaceships so you can guess she has seen big stuff and had been in places where it would be insane for the normal person like the active engine of a ship and beating the crap out of it with a wrench (guess the reference) to keep it at great efficiency

Bryn alreaddy has aa big thing to the scale due to the accident making her a combination of bioroids, cyborgs and humans having almost her whole body (including parts of her brain) being changed into artificial type, then comes her line of work, she is a scientist who seeks knowledge, but with the spice of having the famous GLaDOS, so she is practically insane and knows no limit for her joy of seeking knowledge, heck she went through a trans-dimensional wormhole to get into this galaxy, with hurry on her back and with a broken arm.

So yeah, they have seen some crazy stuff.

EDIT: The first thing that came to my mind with that station was both the Ark from halo and the space stations from Gundam Wing
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X