Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh btw I'm making the "resistance" official. So that's an option now. I'll post details in the lore section. Basic gist is that members of the old Strix Squadron formed various groups across the galaxy. Either the original members are leading or their descendants. I need to look at the timeline again to confirm.

So if you're curious, check the history of the Squadron to see who's in it and then pester me about things so I know what details I might need to elaborate on. (in the timeline, see RY 109153)
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 07-02-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Saving these for a little idea for a planet I had for later.

@Cucoo

I'll check when I can.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@ S1

the 3rd pic made me think what could happen if Nihiliods took over a planet and formed one entity.
        ...If that was what you were thinking, I'll have to think on that one for a while... but I'm jumping to conclusions there.

Ok I got the chance to paste this in:

Strix Squadron: A fighter group that (as of RY 109,153) was composed of:
        ¨ 2 Light Fighters (Dalia and Nic)
        ¨ 2 Heavy Fighters (Joe and Terrisa | Eric and Elise)
        ¨ 2 Interceptors (Aion and Ian)

Hunters of Strix Squadron (as of RY 110,240): Each member had a one word title that described them or their style and is assigned by other members.

Each Flight formed a group of Resistance Fighters to prepare to fight back against the Nihiliod invasion. Then each member took command of a group and spread to each system.

Flight 1 (Nexion, Helios, and Sol Incineron)
        ¨ Aion Leonares: The Captain
        ¨ Joseph Chetwyn: The Brave
        ¨ Terrisa Chetwyn: The Clever
        ¨ Dalia: The Rogue

Flight 2 (Venion, Celestora, Nexion)
        ¨ Ian: The Calm
        ¨ Elise: The Silent
        ¨ Eric: The Studious
        ¨ Nic: The Young

Flight 3 (Egale, Sol Incineron, Helios)
        ¨ Lotus: The Rebel
        ¨ Navarre: The Legend
        ¨ Ember Monroe: The Sly
        ¨ Spear: The Agile

Squadron Command Ship ( Egale)

¨ Violet: The Pirate

¨ Eleos Mithras: The Sniper

¨ Selene Aetas: The Thief

¨ Anankerisa: The Mischievous

All Strix members utilized either Chronorift or bioengineering in order to extend their lives. Their troops however have gone through various generations.

-will detail more later-

Edit: Oh and curious, what's the plan for the part on Planet Prosperity?
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 07-03-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Quick question. I had the Nihiliods attack a town about 30 minutes away from my character's town. Would my character's town be destroyed, or are they far enough away? Or, if not, could I just say they're moving in the opposite direction? I'd like to keep my character's town, or more specifically, her house, intact, but if it's 100% certain her town would be reduced to smithereens, just say so and I'll make a couple retcons to make things easier. If there is a way to spare her town other than one I mentioned, please tell me what that would be. Thank you!

Comment

Physical destruction? No there would be none. Would there be people alive, yes. Parasites need hosts after all. Would anyone be spared? Not really. Nihiliods are often referred to as Planet Killers due to the subtle nature in which they infect without the target knowing and therefore being able to spread silently.

I have a passage somewhere that illustrates the aftermath of a Nihiliod invasion that turned into feeding. It involves Starla. Can't find it tonight.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 07-04-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

So if I wanted to use my character's house that would be ok? She would just need to be careful.

Comment

Exactly. Nihiliods aren't made to destroy in the typical sense. They're only meant to kill to produce fear. For most humans, that's achieved through the use of bodies as exoskeletons. Live bodies.

Comment

Got it. So long as she exercises caution, she'll be able to to back home. I wonder if she'd be able to learn a protective spell of some kind. Thanks for the help!

Comment

She would want to seek out one of the resistance groups. Arcains are versed in energy manipulation and have managed to fend of Nihiliods via Gaia and Aura energy as well as turning themselves into Demonarcs.

If I can guess by w/e you all have been telling me here, I could see scenario that would lead to it. It would involve the Demonarc Null that kilel has, a Nihiliod swarm it comands, and intervention by the resistance.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 07-04-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Yo, Cucs. I wanna ask.. Phorma's going to have an army at his back, but as this is a largely unexplored planet, should they have modern weaponry or like... just generally be a LOT of dudes with close-combat weapons? Also should they be humans or the closest thing Venturia has?
                      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Venturians would not rally with him if given a choice, if that's what you are asking. He would have an easier time commanding Nihiliods. Weaponry depends purely on the tech of the colony unless it's Venturian. To provide an example: The resistances use Aura charged Corlaviri since traditional Gaia Charged crystals are not efficient with the GAIA Computer not producing it as well as it could be. They use ranged weapons and always carry a knife that allows them to recharge the Aura crystals since blood is needed to do so.

Edit: Now if we said that it was an Outer Rim planet instead of being of the Inner Rim, more possibilities are possible.

Comment

I was thinking he had conquered like... tribes of natives who operate on the "Strongest Warrior Rules" philosophy, but I want them to have similar anatomical structure. There's no race that can do that? I didn't really want Nihiliods involved in this, unless they were all Lesser Nihiliods.

Comment

I ninja'd in the Outer Rim concept. Similar to Star Wars, the Outer Rim is more... Lawless. Races of Venturian decent could be involved then should they not know of what happened in the inner rim.

Comment

Yeah, let's just say that Prosperity has been a rather unexplored planet, despite it's economic strengths

Comment

More like, discarded by the old regimes as being only useful as an invasion deterrent and colonized only as a military outpost, which was not maintained, fell to anarchy, and then became nothing better than your typical lawless districts which is ripe for the taking by warlords and other brutes/thugs/ what have you.

Comment

Working...
                                X