X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im back from stuff *rests on couch*
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
      @Mima

Speaking of Dead Space 3, I've been watching "Let's Plays" on it because I only played 1 and 2. I'm planning on giving Isaac the AL-9 Clearcutter as a weapon, and even got a lot of ideas from the Awakening DLC for if Isaac has a mental episode.

The Dead Space games are some of my favorite games.
      Let's plays are crap, just buy and play the actual game.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back!

How's life treating you?

@Mima

Sadly, some of us don't have that luxury.

I bet I'd spend half of the game in on the workbench, trying to create the perfect weapon.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

hm.. it was tiring again, but worth it i guess, had to deal with a lot of stuff at work, many kids, paperwork and payment bonus for vacation workers

and why use a gun when Isaac´s fists and feet can literaly explode enemies?
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Long day, huh?

True. I guess it's because it's safe to fight enemies from a distance. For a normal human, he's pretty damn strong. Normal people shouldn't be able to punch people's heads off.

My only guess is that people in the future are genetically superior to humans today, based on Isaac's endurance, ability to survive brutal stabbings, his genius-level intelligence, and his scary strength, all at the age of 49.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@ Kristia

not to sound persistent, but you did see this thread

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ral-Discussion

and its purpose, right?

Comment

@Cucoo

I might have f*cked that up. I asked her how her day was. -_-;
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Not really, I don't think Kristia was here when I was going on about the transition.

Comment

Bah, who cares. If it happens, it happens. Just deal with it.
                    Last edited by Koishi; 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I'm leaving this here for later. It's one of the books John has.

(Danmaku for ⑨s)

Spoiler:

Danmaku for ⑨s

What is Danmaku?

Danmaku (弾幕, literally bullet curtain or curtain fire) is a Japanese term for "barrage", as in a barrage of bullets.
                      It consists of various "bullets" (ie. orbs, lasers, kunai, knives, etc.), and usually follows a predetermined pattern. Danmaku plays an important part in ensuring the balance of Gensokyo.
                      It is used to solve conflicts between weaker and stronger beings peacefully. Without Danmaku, stronger Youkai would easily be able to subjugate the weak, causing a disruption in the balance of power.

Rules of Danmaku (Draft of Spell Card Rules)

Spell Naming Law - With every spell between youkai, there is the slight fear of Gensokyo's decay. However, if it is not used, a youkai's power will gradually vanish.
                      Therefore, I propose the following contract for spell card use.

Concepts - That youkai can easily cause disasters. That humans can easily resolve disasters. That use of one's full abilities is to be denied. That there are no things superior to beauty and thought.

Laws of Danmaku-

- Each spell shall be given a beautiful and meaningful name.

- The number of named spells to be used shall be announced beforehand.

- Attacks relying on physical strength are not to be used.

- Do not attack without reason. Reason becomes its own power.

- If all your named spells are defeated, you are defeated, regardless of your remaining strength.

- If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.

- The name of the spell shall be recorded on paper in the same form as this contract.

- This paper will be called the "spell card".

What is a Spell Card?

A spell card is a piece of paper used to cast danmaku. The spell card must have the name of the danmaku pattern on one of its sides. The spell card is essentially the manifestation of one's belief and reason for fighting.
                      If the wielder's reasons are just, and if the wielder's belief in those reasons are absolute, the spell card will be stronger.
                      Without belief or a reason, the spell card becomes nothing more than a piece of paper.

Making a Spell Card

Making a spell card can be complicated for beginners, but that is why this book was created. One needs to only have a basic understanding of magic, and a piece of paper.

First, you must have a valid reason for creating the spell card. One can not create a spell card with the intent to harm others, or else it will not be an effective spell card.

Second, you must believe in the reason. Ideas, or beliefs, are powerful tools when creating spell cards. Ideas and beliefs can not be destroyed,therefore, they are eternal.

Third, you must have a pattern planned inside your head. It is recommended that you make it colorful and intricate.

Once you have all these requirements, you are ready to begin.

Grab the piece of paper and focus on it.
                      Focus all of your will and spirit into the card. Focus all your reason and belief in that reason into the card. This state of concentration must not be broken, and should be held for at least one hour.
                      Once finished, one must focus their will, spirit, reason, and beliefs into the task of writing the name of the card. Words carry meaning.
                      Because of that, they serve as a vessel for allowing ideas to manifest into the physical realm.

Once you finish writing the name of the spell card, you are finished.

Conclusion

Congratulations! You now have an understanding of Danmaku. May it serve you well in your adventures!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll be writing sequel: MOBA for ⑨s, since John will meet Vi in a future encounter.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Oh boy, more books for John!
                          sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                            John better be ready to read once he gets to Alagaesia to get Yuuka's soul back
                            Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 12-03-2013, 07:50 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Can't see picture.

Anyways, he'll be ready.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X