Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@S121
    This could work.
    If they can overcome the illusions, psychic visions, and teleportation then it should be straightforward to capture Kessler. Much like Cole, Kessler relies on electricity. Drain him of most of his energy and he should be easy to capture. Other than that, I can't think of much else except how Cole would react to the reality of not only a fully functioning Raysphere but to also see his greatest foe brought back. I'll have to share some more details about Kessler in due time but a lot of them are large spoilers.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

Ok.

As for a countermeasure against Kessler, would a Halo Power Drain ball work? It's capable of fully draining a Spartan's shields, which are powered by a fusion reactor, so it would work, right?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@S121
        That should be acceptable. Technically nuclear fusion doesn't directly result in electrical power but I can imagine that the armour converts the produced thermonuclear energy into electricity for use in the shields and other devices within the armour. If this is the case then a Power Drain Ball should be effective against Kessler.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

The reason I mentioned the fusion reactor because I was trying to give you a sort of measurement of how much power is needed for the shields.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. ^^;

Now I just need to find the Power Drain's maximum effective range.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zarem
            @Cucoo5

You still lack my apps with Arthas and Zagi
            Originally posted by NeoFox View Post
            @Cucoo

Don't forget my apps for Prometheus, and Claire
            Wonder
            http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post59835

S121
            http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post59818
            keeping these floating together so I can gather them into one post so I can strike in one fell swoop...
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-22-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Okay here are my app for Gate.

Gate:
              Spoiler:

NPC Character of Choice: Gate

Game of Origin: Mega Man X series. First officially appeared in X6

Power: Gate is remarkably intelligent. This is evident as he was one of the first people to ever get close to fully analyzing Zero's DNA (it even states that he had decrypted 99.98% of Zero's DNA. Something no one else in the series have been able to do.) Gate is also somewhat dangerous in a fight. As when he takes off his lab coat he dons a golden battle armor. When in this battle armor Gate gains the power of flight, capable of summoning Nightmare Drones, and creating small "gates" that have different effects ranging from slowing down time temporarily, altering gravity to make the field much heavier, and even a sort of black hole of sorts that sucks in any nearby targets. Thanks to Gate's armor he is immune to the effects of these "gates." Also with this armor Gate's defense is nearly doubled. Allowing him to even resist fully charged X-Buster shots, and slashes from the Z-Saber.

Weapons: None, except his ability to create and summon Nightmare Drones. Or to be exact the Nightmare Virus (Which is in a drone-like form.)
              These things obey all of Gate's commands, and since they are basically a computer virus manifested into a physical form Gate can summon a near indefinite amount of them (not all that once. He can only summon so much at any given time. That does not stop him from being able to make an army of them if you give him enough time.) These Nightmare Viruses are capable of infecting and taking control of technology by latching on, and having their DNA strand-like arms fuse with any piece of technology. This even includes fallen robots and machinery. When the drones do this you can still see the head of the drone sticking out of the piece of machinery, and if you destroy the head you basically get rid of that individual virus. They are also capable of firing incredibly weak energy spheres from their chests, but it takes approximately a 30 seconds to charge up a single shot.

Weaknesses: Gate's armor may give him abilities to mess with/ and take on most opponents stronger than him, but he is not a physical fighter by any means. He prefers to plan ahead, and use strategy more than anything. Messing with opponents with his many "gates" to take on his opponents. Even with his armor the only real thing going for him is his added defense, and maneuverability. Gate is also incredibly vulnerable to his own attacks. As his "gates" can be destroyed by attacking them with energy (like hitting it with an energy saber) which will cause the gates to burst, and if Gate is within range he will be caught in the explosion and will be seriously injured. Not only that, but Gate may be maneuverable but he isn't that fast. One can easily outclass him in speed.
              Gate does not even really fight unless he has to. Preferring to develop strategies for allies to use, or sending other people to fight for him.

Appearance:
              Normal Gate:

Battle Armor Gate:

Personality: Gate is a devoted researcher with a cold and sarcastic attitude. In order to achieve his goals, he's willing to do everything necessary to get what he wants. During his time with the research team, unlike Alia, he broke research protocols by making his creations unanalyzable, causing him to become a social outcast. He became bitter and filled with hatred when his creations were destroyed by his very own colleagues, especially because Alia (who's often speculated to have felt romantic feelings for him) was part of the conspiracy. Like many of the villains in the series, Gate desired (and still sort of does) a Reploid government under his leadership, and will gain it by any means necessary. However this desire for a Reploid only government had almost been forgotten when he began work with the Neo-Yakuza. He also became "friends" with Volgin. His boss, and the leader of the Neo Yakuza base of Australia... before Volgin blew it up because it was attacked by an unknown Reploid who stole Gate's
              s "secret" weapon.

Gate believes that the best programs are completely unanalyzable, which is why he is so fascinated by X and Zero, and why he valued the sample of Zero's DNA that he obtained so highly.

Morality: Heavy Neutral. He may work with Volgin still, but he does do what he wants. He can also be persuaded to help others.

Biography:
              Gate used to work in a team of Reploid scientists, researching the potential of Reploid engineering. He was fascinated by the Maverick Hunters X and Zero because their body structures and DNA was a mystery to the world's finest scientist and researchers. Both of them were completely unanalyzable and their inner functions couldn't be fully understood. He saw it as a challenge to find a way of analyzing both of them or at least creating Reploids with similar attributes. Eventually, he succeeded and created eight Reploids whose DNA couldn't be analyzed by the other scientists: Commander Yammark, Rainy Turtloid, Shield Sheldon, Blizzard Wolfang, Blaze Heatnix, Infinity Mijinion, Ground Scaravich and Metal Shark Player. Gate's Reploids were widely praised and used in various locations for several duties. However, this created jealousy and disdain between him and his colleagues, and they eventually began conspiring against him and his creations. Alia was also one of them, although unwillingly.
              All seven of his Reploids were either sabotaged while on duty or labeled Maverick, but in any case, all of them were destroyed. Broken and bitter, Gate left the research team, becoming an anchorite somewhere on Earth. However, things changed when he discovered some interesting remains while skimming through the wreckage at the Eurasia crash site...

During the events of X6 which was two weeks after the Eurasia incident (happened during X5), Gate visited the crash site. There, he found something. At first, he thought he had merely found a piece of junk, but it soon proved to be something far more powerful. It was a piece of Zero, more importantly, a DNA sample of Zero. He immediately began analyzing it and after roughly a week of study, he had been turned insane by Zero's viral DNA; however, he called it a very "liberating" experience. With the help of the mysterious Reploid scientist Isoc, he managed to decrypt 99.98% of Zero's DNA, creating the Nightmare Virus from it, as well as the powerful Reploid High Max and resurrecting his eight dead creations.
              Both of them then came up with a plan to use Zero as a scapegoat for creating a new society of selected, powerful Reploids; independent from humanity, in an ideal state, led by Gate. To do this, he created a discolored, apparently insane copy of Zero, called the Zero Nightmare, which was then publicly blamed for the recent Maverick attacks by Isoc. Isoc encouraged Reploids all over the planet to join the Nightmare Investigators to hunt down and destroy the Zero Nightmare to bring back peace.

Eventually, Gate would contact the Maverick Hunters upon their victory over his creations or a temporary defeat of High Max, inviting X and Zero (if found by X after the destruction of the Zero Nightmare) to challenge him. He later revealed to X/Zero that he didn't set up all this on his own, but with the help of Zero's DNA. In order to gather and analyze even more data about the two ancient robots, Gate challenged X/Zero to battle. By utilizing all the data he had analyzed by now, Gate managed to make his golden battle armor virtually invincible against all attacks; except his own if they were repelled against him. X/Zero managed to find this weakness and defeated him, leaving him damaged and immobile. Gate, however, refused to give up. Although he didn't want to do it, Gate unleashed his final trump card: a revived (yet incomplete, with an unfinished body and a barely alive consciousness, leading him to act irrationally and incoherent) Sigma. Unfortunately for him, however, Sigma refused to acknowledge Gate's part in his resurrection, nor needing him for anything, and killed him.

After Sigma had been defeated, X returned to the remains of Gate's laboratory, salvaging his body because he was unable to leave him there as he used to be Alia's friend. Yet, he had been severely damaged. Alia was given the choice of what to do with Gate, repairing him or otherwise; however, it was never made clear and his fate remains unknown.

In the real world after the Horizon Incident Gate was brought into the world and had been found by the Neo-Yakuza where he had became the head scientist/researcher of the Neo-Yakuza base of Australia alongside Volgin who was in charge of that base.
              Gate and Volgin had actually bonded quite a bit, and became friends of sorts over discussing Volgin's "secret" project. In turn Gate had also showed Volgin his own secret project. Another Nightmare replica of Zero. This one was called "Nightmare Zero MK-II" and would have been much more powerful than the original Nightmare Zero. As well as being more stable. However one night when Gate was in his lab doing some research a mysterious, yet familiar Reploid had broken into his lab and wrecked the whole place. Gate tried to stop the mysterious intruder, but was unable to. As a result Gate was seriously injured, and Nightmare Zero MK-II was activated and attacked Volgin before escaping alongside the mysterious Reploid.

After that security breach Volgin took Gate and destroyed the entire base while fleeing. Currently Gate is up and running once more. He is currently somewhere in Russia.

Traumas: Easily when his own colleagues (including Alia) had betrayed him and destroyed his creations when he originally worked as a researcher.
              Last edited by NeoFox; 12-23-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

@ Neo
                Thing is, Volgin has been missing for two months as he has been captured for testing on a new product...

Comment

@Wonder

That I did not know Wonder. I kind of forgot what had happened after the whole Gate and Volgin thing had happened.

Comment

It's alright. I'll get it started after S1 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarem
                      @Cucoo5

You still lack my apps with Arthas and Zagi
                      Originally posted by NeoFox View Post
                      @Cucoo

Don't forget my apps for Prometheus, and Claire
                      http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post59948

Wonder
                      http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post59835

S121
                      http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...ll=1#post59818
                      keeping these floating together so I can gather them into one post so I can strike in one fell swoop...

Comment

Considering what ACO is capable of, I'm going to give Eleos an Upgrade.

Cloaking device - Super Smash Bros Melee
                        or
                        Stealth camouflage - Metal Gear

Thoughts?

EDIT: Ok hyperlinks are working now
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Name: Jack Eichem Inozuka

Game of Origin: N/A; From the Apocalyptic Future

Appearance:

Personality: carries honor on his shoulders as if he could die without it, basically meaning he is courteous and brave, but with a sense of arrogance wafting around him.

Weapons: Machete and the .525 calibur magnum Gerard used to own.

Abilities:

Near Teleportation: Can jump really high and leap quite a distance and land almost instantly, resulting in a near teleportation effect. Difference between near teleportation and teleportation is that he can't go through walls or roofs without smashing them.

Inhuman Speeds: can move from one place to another quickly. Like, oh, say, 37 mph without fatigue.

Inhuman Strength: can lift a dump truck if he wanted to. He can also withstand the recoil and muzzle jump of the .525 caliber magnum.

Quick Reflexes: can move quick enough to block any obvious bullet with his machete.

Swordsmanship: Can cut through most anything. Even Mjolnir armor given enough time.

Intellect: In battle, he can think up several complex scenarios and go with the most beneficial one in a matter of mere seconds.

Weakness: Has a strong sense of honor that can make or break him.

Biography: He is a product of Otori's apocalyptic future self's strong desire to carry on his bloodline. He is made of his mother's code and his father's blood. He doesn't have much history at all for he was born 24 years old.

Traumas: none
                          Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-02-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Spoiler: Disposable Eirin is Disposable

Name: Yagokoro Eirin

Origin: Touhou 8 Eiyashou: Imperishable Night

Appearance:
                            Spoiler: Usual wear

Spoiler: What she will be wearing in this session

Note that her left arm is missing all the way up to her shoulder.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

- Hologram Decoys x 10
                              - Stealth Camo (Metal Gear Solid)
                              - Stealth Suit [conceals Heat signature]

Added this to Eleos

Going to quickly update what's ready for the Archives while I have everything set.

Comment

That's it, I give up on finding Jason's app. I'll remake it.

Name: Jason Brody

Game of Origin: Far Cry 3

Appearance:

Morality: Semi-Chaotic Good

Weapons: Whatever he feels like pulling out of his ass.

Abilities: A skilled athlete, Jason proves himself numerous times throughout the game to be able to perform many physically demanding actions, such as sprinting and swimming for extended periods of time, skydiving, para-sailing, mountain climbing and snowboarding. He has exceptional upper body strength, and is able to climb ledges and hang from ziplines by one arm. Jason is a naturally talented firearms user, as mentioned by the flashback of Grant in Mushrooms in the Deep. As the game develops, his firearm skills develop further, and he also becomes a skilled archer. It is likely that Jason learned these skills from Grant who was an Army Reservist. Although perhaps not an expert, Jason develops some skills with explosives throughout the game, as he is seen using C4 explosives in numerous levels and also learns how to effectively use grenades.

Jason becomes a skilled melee fighter during the course of the game, as shown by his fights and victories over Hoyt, Vaas, and Buck, all of which had seemingly more combat experience than him (Vaas was formerly a Rakyat member and most likely an experienced fighter, and Buck served in the military). His skills as a melee fighter also make him an excellent assassin. Later in the game, he is capable of chaining multiple kills together and being able to perform aerial and ledge kills. Jason also becomes an experienced craftsman, hunter and herbalist, making all of his equipment from animals he hunts himself and being able to create a variety of medicines with differing effects as he gains experience.

Jason was given the Tatau by the Rakyat, a mystical tattoo which represents three totemic animals (Heron, Shark and Spider). The Tatau allows Jason to tap into his "warrior" nature and form a connection of some kind with the jungle of Rook Island. When Jason upgrades his abilities, the Tatau actually grows in size and complexity to reflect the totems that he is drawing upon. This tattoo likely explains how Jason rapidly changes from a terrified, ordinary young man with an adventurous streak to a deadly fighter. The Tatau's exact abilities are listed below, and explain why Jason has the edge over his opponents:

Enhanced Strength: The Tatau gives the user enhanced strength which make them stronger than the average adult. With this, Jason can lift heavy objects and exert himself for longer. As the Tatau grows, so does the increase in his strength.

Enhanced Speed: Jason has enhanced speed, which allows him to move very fast for a greatly increased length of time (hence the Tatau ability gained later in the game.) With this, Jason can possibly match even an olympic athlete.

Enhanced Reflexes: Jason has demonstrated on numerous occasions that his reflexes far outmatch others. Jason is even superior to warriors such as Vaas and Hoyt, even when the former had been involved with the Tatau, and as such has similar abilities to Jason, namely because of the latter's large Tatau.

Enhanced Intelligence, Cunning and Bloodlust: Jason, although not stupid before, gained great knowledge of how to assault enemy bases and general cunning. However, his willingness to fight was also amplified. These abilities do not increase with the length of his Tatau.

Personality: Before the events of Far Cry 3, Jason was originally an ordinary and immature slacker who lacks confidence. Now on the island, Jason develops into a brave, adventurous, smart, confident and dangerous idividual, but also disturbed, violent, and unstable. Jason's sociopathic traits become more obvious as the story progressess, with Jason quick to accepting the violence around him and even quicker to getting involved in killing, eventually admitting to Daisy that he found killing fun and felt like "winning". Despite that, Jason can be rather humorous and immature at times such as being excited when burning the weed field or causing mayhem towards his enemies. Jason is very cultured, using popular and famous references during his adventures such as "leap of faith" and "Use the force!" and also 'Would you kindly activate?' Jason is also very caring, protective and loyal to his family and friends, where his primary motives at the island are to rescue them. There is some evidence of his loyalty, such as swearing revenge to kill those who harm his family and friends (specifically Vaas for kidnapping the group and murdering Grant, Buck for raping and torturing Keith for his own pleasure, and Hoyt for shooting Riley and keeping him prisoner). Ever since Jason barely escaped Vaas's camp, he grew to become a famous hero amongst the island's residents, though he does not seem to care about his status. During his adventures, Jason would lend a hand to the residents.

Biography: Born on December 30th, 1987 in Los Angeles, California; Jason is the middle child of three siblings, Grant and Riley. In his early years, Jason was a skilled athlete and participated in events. At some point in his life, he meets Liza Snow and falls in love with her. After Riley earns his pilot license, Jason and his friends began to celebrate in Thailand. While partying at a nightclub, Jason's relationship with Liza begins to strain, mainly because of his party-focused lifestyle and immature personality. Also, Jason, Keith and Riley have a fight with a group of patrons which causes them to flee. At that time, the friends meet Doug, the nightclub DJ who convinces them to go to an "island where [they] can do anything...". What Jason and his friends do not know is that Doug is actually a spotter for Vaas Montenegro, the insane pirate leader.

As soon as Jason and his friends land on the Rook Islands, their whole lives change, leading to the events of Far Cry 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X