Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Ok, much better.

Thank you.

I have an interesting question. Would Alvis have the exact same control over the real universe as he would in his universe? Are they the exact same? Maybe the real universe doesn't run on Ether, but on a different system? Maybe the Monados would only have their power if Alvis somehow converts them to use this universe's system? Maybe this universe's system is Chaos Theory?

What are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Considering the story is of how Zanza restarted our current universe, I think it's the same.

The only difference I can think of is that there's no Bionis...

Ether is defined as being the energy of the universe and is sort of like life-force for Zanza
      It is the blood of the Bionis and is sort of like "stardust" if you've ever heard of that romantic reference before.
      The Monado manipulates this Ether, which is the fabric of existence.

So the main thing is, there would be no Ether Crystals or Rivers since there is no Bionis. Thus, there is no physical Ether. It exists only as the energy of the universe.

EDIT:
      Originally posted by wiki
      It is said many times that ether is the base unit of life and that without it, living beings die. Telethia are able to absorb ether from their surrounding environments as well as living beings like the High Entia; but that skill was only briefly displayed against Melia and her guards. The Monado is said to control the very ether around it, and because of this, the Monado is capable of affecting the entire creation. The move Monado Purge is based on ether. Zanza completes a cycle where all the ether is returned to him and then the world is recreated. If the cycle is not completed in time, Zanza will die. Egil decided to kill Homs to lessen the amount of ether returned to Zanza in the cycle. The Mechon used a wound on the Bionis to extract a liquid capable to dissolve all life born from Bionis.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-11-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

@Katrix
        Neither Cole or Flandre have encountered Ansem SoD so it doesn't matter. But Cole and Flan will initially be hostile towards Riku due to the connotations between Organisation XIII and Corridors of Darkness.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

1. The entire Org. XIII was in the lab as the experiments were conducted.
          2. He have a black cloak
          3. He uses darkness
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

...thank you subconscious instincts for putting in that last few lines in my last AtWaG IC post.
            Things just got interesting...

Oh and Katrix, you implying that Riku and the others in the forest have connections to SCAE (if ye are, thank you so much~)

Comment

@Katrix
              If Ansem SoD was present during the experiment, then that makes sense. Cole will be hostile due to the similarities between Ansem SoD and Riku. As for Flandre, I going by my own idea that she only awoke when she was freed from containment by Saix and Cole. She will not know who Ansem SoD is and will only be hostile because of what Cole says and because of the earlier reason.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
              My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
              My NNID: OfficialTRXD
              Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Cucoo

I was thinking something along the lines of that they cooperate with SCAE to gather information on Org.XIII
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

ah ok, makes sense.

@ Everyone that pertains to this

Can we make it where everyone else doesn't know what the two divisions are of ACO. I want to make the illusion that it is one group, not two, even though I had ACO WRAITH tell Cole and Flan that there are two.
                  Because there should be no means of telling PALADIN and WRAITH apart. The only difference should be equipment and tactics. Everything else should be the same.

Comment

@Cucoo

So they are in the same base?

Would Prometheus Labs know about them? They do have some of the most advanced technology on the planet, so they should know, right? (I was actually planning on having Six having a close encounter with PALADIN, and that Prometheus Labs have been getting into engagements with the ACO every once in a while, mainly PALADIN, hence why Six would be injured and would need new equipment.)

Just trying to clear some confusion.

Also, Takoizu knows, but that's only because she's single-handedly fought them before.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

No, they wouldn't be in the same base, but they themselves don't really give any way to distinguish themselves. There's a reason WRAITH didn't tell Cole who they were exactly to give themselves a way to cover up what they're about to do. If they said they were WRAITH and something happened that would be tactically unfavorable, they loose the ability to blame PALADIN. You know what I mean?

Also I need to know some more opinions on Alvis =w= And I find it strange how yer the only other person that ever does give opinions.

Comment

@TRXD

Wrong form of Riku. http://www.khwiki.net/Riku-Ansem
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, ok. I can see why it would be tactically unfavorable to do that.

As for Prometheus Labs, I suppose I could say that they notice a particular pattern with the ACO, as if there are two divisions. They wouldn't know all the details, like their names or locations, but they would know that there is something different between the two divisions. Their intel would give them information that The ACO seems to use two completely different tactical styles and sets of equipment. Would that be okay?

Also, I think the reason I'm the only one posting is that everyone else is too lazy.

Ok, not really, but it is a pretty good question.

As far as Alvis goes, I think he's perfectly acceptable, just as long as he doesn't go around killing everyone and warping reality until it's unrecognizable.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Having them start to notice a pattern would be fine. That's sort of what I was aiming for.

And Alvis is probably that person that is more an advisor than a do-er. In game canon, the only thing he ever does is pretty much reset the world so that it would be more true to what it was before Zanza restarted everything and formed it into his image

Other than that, not much else.
                            You see him use the Monado once, you fight his Telethia, and he guides Shulk's decision on the question on how to proceed to fix the stagnating world they lived in where Shulk passes up the opportunity to be a god (and this is where he inputs Shulk's decision and that's when the world resets).

Comment

@Cucoo

As S121 said, it's a bit vague. The problem is that you can't just tell us to go and see the wikipage because as you point out yourself, you need to go trough the game completely to understand it. On the wiki it is presented to you as if you know what everything and everyone is. When making apps, I usually say that you have to think the opposite way.

Here is a prime example from KH.

Spoiler: Original
                              While Terra, Ventus, and Aqua search for Master Xehanort and Vanitas, King Mickey undergoes the Mark of Mastery Exam under the supervision of Yen Sid at the Mysterious Tower, accompanied by Donald and Goofy, during which he uses the Star Seeker Keyblade. Later on, Mickey runs away without Yen Sid´s permission, using a Star Shard that allows him to travel throughout other worlds; however, it works rather randomly, as he has not learned how to control it. Terra witnesses the King's leave when he first visits the tower.
                              Mickey faces Vanitas along with Ventus.

Upon visiting the Mysterious Tower, Terra watches Mickey's Star Shard take him to the Keyblade Graveyard. The Star Shard knew that Mickey needed to be there to save Ventus. When Ventus loses a fight with Vanitas, he steps in to help. They successfully drive him off before Mickey's Star Shard brings them to Radiant Garden. He later teams up with Aqua (after Ven attempts to get inside the Radiant Garden castle), rescuing a young Kairi from the Unverseds' attempt to capture her. He is whisked off to Neverland when the battle ends, telling Aqua to not worry about him.

While exploring Neverland Mickey is ambushed by Vanitas and knocked unconscious, who then proceeds to kidnap Mickey and take him to the Keyblade Graveyard. Ven tries to help Mickey when he finds out about it, only for them to both get sucked into a vortex. Mickey is left stranded in space before Aqua finds him and takes him back to the Mysterious Tower.
                              Mickey guards Aqua from a possessed Ventus.

Upon regaining consciousness, Mickey returns to the Keyblade Graveyard, where he helps Aqua battle Ventus, who is possessed by Vanitas, and eventually guides them to the Mysterious Tower, where they discover that Ventus's heart has left his body. Later, after Aqua leaves with Ventus to find him a safe place, Mickey sorrowfully hands in the Star Shard and his Star Seeker Keyblade, thinking he has failed to reach his goal and disappointed his master, and begins to leave. Before he departs, however, Master Yen Sid hands him back the Keyblade with a smile, showing him that he is indeed worthy of the title of Keyblade Master. Mickey then happily accepts it.

Spoiler: Edited
                              During the early part of the plot of KH BBS, Mickey is undergoing the Mark of Mastery, which is a exam required to be taken to become a Keyblade master. Mickey fails the exam and runs away without permission to prove himself. He uses a star shard to travel between worlds, but don't really know how to use it.

Along the game, Mickey randomly as the game progresses and mostly help the protagonists win when they have problems to doi

When they x-blade is formed, Mickey fights side by side with the main protagonists. They end up winning, but with high costs. When Mickey returns back to where he took his Mark of Mastery exam, he acts as if he had failed, but he is then told that he have succeeded and is now a Keyblade Master.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

I finally did it! Katirx, I finally f*cking did it!

Comment

Working...
                                X