Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SereneGrace
    replied
    Hi people. Beginning to feel better now. (Actually have been for a few days.) I will try to make posts in RP's that I'm needed in soon.

So where all am I needed?

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    @Kristia

Ahh, I see. Good t osee everything worked out in the end, and now you don't have to do the exam.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    whether it was allright to show graphic elements on the news, we took the shooting of the Virginia Reporter and cameraman, our teacher also works on the News and explained us the situation.

The debate was if the news could show the video that the shooter made, some flatly said no, others said yes, and we three said yes to a degree.

Yes, it could be shown, but up to a certain point, like the moment that the shooter showed the actual gun, that already showed enough evidence of what was going to happen, so we all 20 started debating between if it was ok or not ending up in us 3 saying it was ok to explain the situation without showing that much of the video. The other side was saying it was ok to show the full video since there wasn´t much or no blood or how he kept shooting at the deceased people.

We discussed on the many factors within the situation, if the family was ok showing the event, if showing everything or only to the point of the gun being seen and so on, our teacher was the middle judge and asked hard questions since he actually works in the kind of stuff. We won with our reasons and feedback with other cases like the train explosions in Spain in 2004-5.

Fortunately, the discussion never went into emotional reasons like "poor people" or "it was because he is black" yes the shooter was a black man, but it would have been the same if he was white or other color, the family part could be taken as a good reason, but how the other side took it was more emotional rather than objective.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    @Kristia

Whoa, I remember that video. Anyways, nice with the debate.

Why did they only have 3 vs 17? What was the topic?

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    Today I beated my classmates in debate of comunication responsability. 3 vs 17 and we got this from our teacher as the prove we won the debate
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...99/432/28e.gif

and to top it off.. automatic pass on the exam..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    @kilel
    Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
    Ok just a heads up but the next two weeks are going to be tricky for me to post anywhere due to preparing to move back to university. Once I'm back there then I'll be able to do things a bit more freely.

Translation: Chances of me being able to post until 9/1 are slim. Expect nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Kilelicus
    replied
    sustic can you stop reserving EVERY SINGLE POST please?

Leave a comment:

• wonderweiss
    replied
    I am so sorry to hear that. She was a great person, and I'm glad to have known her.

Leave a comment:

• Kilelicus
    replied
    CUCOO AS LONG AS YOU'RE AROUND FOR THE EXTENSIVE PERIODS OF TIME THAT I KNOW YOU'RE AROUND, CAN YOU FUCKING DO SOMETHING PLEASE?!

Leave a comment:

• Zekai
    replied
    This is very sad news to wake up to a few hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• WriggleRid3r
    replied
    Neo nooooooo D:

Damn, that is NOT a news I expected to hear when I got on. I heard about how stressful her life has been from Sustic but to think it would escalate to this...

Rest in piece, Neo. You will always be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Mega134
    replied
    I apologize for the news I am about to give, for it is quite horrible.

A good friend of some of us in the RP Section, and an old RPer as well. One who had introduced the likes of myself, and Sustic to these forums. Has sadly passed away recently.

NeoFox as she is known by on these forums had passed away in the emergency room due to heart failure about 6 hours ago. Recently life has been rather tough and harsh on her, as a bastard of a man that she once had... a strong relationship with had gotten out of jail recently, and had tried doing some rather harsh things to her. I shall not go into detail about what happened, but the guy was sent back to prison not too long afterwards. At first Andrew (also known as Sustic on the forums) and myself were worried about her emotional and mental status. Unfortunately I did not think of how the stress of the events that had transpired would effect her physical status.

Before she had gone to the emergency room she had been complaining of sharp pain in her chest and difficulty breathing. About an hour after going to the emergency room her heart had given out...

I am absolutely heart broken by what had happened. It was something that I wish never would happen to my own sister. To be honest Jess was a bit more than a sister to me. She was a good friend, and someone I relied on. She was generally nice, friendly, sensible, and a lot of others in the real world enjoyed her company. Even on the different forums she has been apart of. Minecraft Forums, Yukkuricraft Forums, and countless other RP forums in the past... People always said that she was generally a good person with some rather good ideas. She was nice, funny, and even though not the best RPer... loved RPing. Forum RolePlaying is like a way for a lot of us to just escape our daily lives, or just have fun. Jessica was the same.

I am informing everyone in the RP General Discussion of these forums is because I know how big a part she had in ATWAG in her time here. She made friends in some of the members here. To be honest I would even go on saying that she should be thanked for introducing myself and Sustic to this RP Community. In turn Sustic introduced his current wife Jasmine to this place. She also helped make ATWAG what it is today.

So I am finishing this announcement.

It is terrible that we had lost someone so kind, friendly, and generally a good person...

If anyone has any questions just leave them here or PM me. I won't answer right away, but I will try and get to them. As of now though I have to take care of some things.

Leave a comment:

• Kilelicus
    replied
    that moment when you get on the YC Mumble to yell at SuperTouhou for convincing the Town Idiot, Jessespy, to stick around..... and the first person I meet is Kristia

Leave a comment:

• Zekai
    replied
    I got some news for you guys.

Due to some issues happening tomorrow, I will be unable to post for an unknown amount of time.

I just wanted to give everyone that has a character interacting with any of mine.

EDIT: So if there's any posting to my OCs, now will be the best chance to do them.

Leave a comment:

• WriggleRid3r
    replied
    In that case I should probably wait until the fighting's over to make a proper appearance for my character.

Doesn't hurt to begin looking for archetypes though~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X