X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he? Well... It took me a while to figure out that you were Neo's bro.

THE AVATARS!!! THAT'S IT!!!

Comment

i hate my internet

but atleast nothing much happened
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia
        That isn't completely true...

TRXD TOLD THE BEST STORY EVER WRITTEN BY LIFE ITSELF! Such a tragedy cannot go unadmired, but with such a complete ending to wrap things in a nice little gift, what a tale!

And I spoke of my sociophobia and intense vocal sociophobia, but who cares -w-

Anyways, I'm out. Night y'all.

Comment

dang.. I would like to see both things

goodnight then wonder
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

What things?

Comment

Ok so the good news is I'm still in business

the bad news is that I got nothing on my computer yet other than Microsoft office and my antivirus. (and minecraft cause 2 second download)

Somehow one of my desktop backgrounds remained in the residual cache (probably a courtesy function...)

Otherwise I'm skin and bones operating until I get stuff uploaded again.

...man I just averted a complete crisis...

and the only thing that was sacrificed...
              ...was my beautiful music collection....

good thing I have like 90% of it on back-up...

this will be a long weekend...

Comment

the stories you talked about

anyways brb, finishing dinner

or goodnight if you are leaving^^

Spoiler:

Comment

There is a thread on it. The story is on the thread. It's made by TRXD.

Okay I'm gone.

Comment

@ Wonder

uhm if your talking about the Christmas one, we already knew.

anyway figured I'd take a status screenshot of the Halls of Time

Oh and this is just the "entrance hall" for the Manor of Eternity.
                    just to give ya all some scale on this entire project.

And standing in the entrance looking in.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-05-2014, 12:22 AM.

Comment

oh wow cucoo, that is amazing

Spoiler:

Comment

Aye, probably the biggest thing I've made...considering I've only really done redstone stuff before and one small detailed house.

The main thing is, this is just 1/25th of the entire Manor of Eternity.

There's a "mirror image" hall that is basically this one except in a darker tone for the Halls of Darkness and then the connecting portion is the rest. and I mentioned before, the entire Manor of Eternity is about 25 of these in base floor area.

In height...probably 100x the total volume if we consider I'm planning on making the height of the 12 floors of the Manor x5 the ones of the Halls.

S121 is already flabbergasted by the scale of this...
                        specially since he's helped put up most of the exterior wall "panels" which we're going to finish before moving into the interior...

The description I have for EG is "A Mansion the rests on the Isle of Spirits. It's size makes all who stand before it insignificant. Supposedly the home of a God."

Speaking of EG...
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-05-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

so for what I know, you guys are making this in.. creative mode right? or you have to gather the materials in normal mode?

Spoiler:

Comment

creative

there's no physical way we could do this all in quartz in survival. It would take months upon years to try and pull that off.

plus some of the blocks aren't available from what I know in survival anyway so...ya.

I still kinda wished we had access to world edit cause this would be a lot faster with that as what we're doing is mostly repetitive moves over a set interval and that could be done with world edit as it could just take a selection and copy it over the interval (like the walls)
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-05-2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

World edit's for lazy people. Real builders use THEIR BARE HANDS!!!
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

perhaps

but still, the sheer scale of the Manor...
                                ...I made it with world edit and I looked at how big it was....
                                ...dear lords you don't want to know...

It took me about an hour to set up the central grid for the Manor, and it dwarfs the Halls of Time.

It took me about 5 hours or so just to make the base grid for the HoT.

The center is like 2-3x that

so it would take about a day to make just the grid of the foundation of just the center
                                then say 4 days for the extensions beyond

then say 16 days for each individual floor outline

then 32 more days for the walls

32 more days for the interior...

and add only god knows how many more days for the detailing.

....we're talking months if not years for this thing without world edit.

EDIT:

FUUUU

I just realized...
                                I lost the plans for the layout.
                                I had modified the excel plans for each floor and it was semi reflected in the outlines.

dammit....
                                I gotta recreate it from memory...
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-05-2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X