X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile

Jack had finished through 'MGSVNB6: Guns of the Patriots.' He was astonished.

"Wow... what a beautiful ending... it was... magnificent... and all that fuss... for a dead man's body... and he wasn't even dead. It was a replica in his place. Solidus. It's just... the end of the old fools who started this entire mess..."

A tear ran down his mask.

"... It truly is... isn't it, father?..."

He continued on to 'MGSVNB7:Portable Ops.'

Comment

Clockworks

"We aren't exactly headed to the core. We're heading to an area above it. If we wanted to go there, we would've already." HP said.

The elevator came to a stop. The area was much like the feel of Jigsaw Valley, but everything seemed to be brighter, and there was a soothing aura in the air. Large green and white boxes with clovers on them were littered everywhere.

"Well damn, we're lucky." HP said.

Voile

Koishi seemingly appeared next to Jack and peered over his shoulder.

"What'cha readin'?" Koishi asked.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Clockworks

Takoizu looked around their new surroundings in slight surprise. Unlike Jigsaw Valley, this place gave off a feel that made it seem more welcoming.

"Where are we?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Michigan - Detroit

"Ah there you are~ Ufufufufu" Lisa chuckled as she looked up to see Prometheus standing on the tower. "I've been looking for yoooouuu~"

Comment

Voile

Jack didn't look up. He was endulged.

"It's a cool series, the Metal Gear Solid Visual Novel. Granted a visual novel assumes a lower reading level, but the storyline makes up for it. You should read it some tike, Koishi..." He said as he looked up.

There was silence...

He NT'd across the table with the machete drawn.

"Assuming that is your name! Who are you... Er, why are you here?!"

Hakugyokurou

Yuyuko was sitting at the porch with her fan, slowly waving a cool breeze on her face as whe stared on at the demonic tree, Saigyou Ayakashi. It was beautiful, but... She couldn't help but... Sigh.

"... Dear me... There's been nothing... Exiting going on... Maybe I should... No, that'll only waste my energy, what with the shrine maiden around. I truly underestimated her power back then. A mistake not to be made twice... But back in Hawaii... That was exiting. I just wish I could go back... But Youmu would simply stop me."

She gave another hefty sigh.

"... Oh, What had become of me?"

Comment

Mt. coronet

After finishing her deal with Giratina, Mara floated out of his world to meet the frigid top of Sinnoh´s mountain "Hm.. that went easier than expected, now I need to go for that blasted nightmare" she spoke preparing to go west

But before that, the frosslass took a comunicator similar to a little device and send her message

Yuuka´s mansion

As Nera and John were discussing the plans for what to do next, Renamon got a message from her digivice. Already knowing from who it was, the fox looked at it and just sent an ok reply "One down, three to go" she said to herself
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile

Koishi didn't even flinch, she just kept that somewhat oddsmile on her face.

"I was boooored." Koishi replied.

Clockworks

"Well, this is a Treasure Vault. Place is hard to find and full of loot, materials ffor making and improving armor and weapons, sometimes even weapons themselves. All really useful. Just smash open some of these boxes.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Chris and Claire had eventually made it into the hangar just as the injured Six was about to leave and go into the Medical Ward. As they did they were at first excited to see Six, but when they noticed that he was actually injured Chris and Claire's joy quickly turned to worry as they ran up to Six.

"Six what the hell happened to you!?" Chris asked as he grabbed Six by the shoulders, obviously worried about his friend's well being. He may be a Spartan, but he was still obviously injured.

Michigan - Detroit

"I do not wish to fight you bug. I am only here for one thing, and one thing only. You're reason for fighting... I know you work for the Maverick Hunters, but I wish to know... why? What is your reason for fighting? It just... intrigues me. Someone with your skill, our ferocity. You have so much potential... so why do you work for those filthy bugs? Especially for that "X" fellow. I can already tell you are far more skilled than he is, and yet you work for him.... Please tell me why."

Comment

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo | Dusk

As they talked, John heard Renamon speak, only this time, it was about something entirely different.

"What was that?", John asked Renamon in a curious tone.

Clockworks

As they stepped off the elevator, Takoizu looked around and became very curious about what was inside the boxes. Who knew? Maybe she would find something here that could help her in the future.

"Okay.", Takoizu asked The Higher Power as she walked over to the nearest box and ripped the box open with her fingers.

"Six what the hell happened to you!?", Chris asked Six as he grabbed him by the shoulders.

As Chris did this, Six looked at him with a slightly exhausted, yet calm and satisfied look, and if Chris looked through the hole in Six's visor, he could see one of Six's unnaturally blue eyes, along with tiny pieces of glass from his visor and metal embedded in his cheek and brow.

"Well, I took a rocket to the face, was shot at with heavy artillery, guns, tanks, .50 caliber weaponry, and nearly died by a tactical nuclear strike. The good news is, I managed to gather intel on their activities...", Six casually said to Chris.

"The bad news is, they ruined my armor.", Six added with a noticeable chuckle, despite his injuries and fatigue.

From what could be seen by Six's body language, he was going to collapse any minute, but even then, he still kept a contrary mood about his injuries and the danger he faced.
                    Last edited by S121; 02-20-2014, 12:51 AM.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Claire was not amused by Six's reaction. He was more worried on his armor than his own freaking health. She walked up to him, looked him at the eye before hugging him tightly. "Six... please... don't ever do that to me again... Don't ever say that you son of a b*tch... You may be a Spartan, but you're still human..." She said as she was about to break into tears.

Chris sighed as he stepped back a bit. "Claire's right Six. You may be a Spartan, capable of taking on almost anything thrown at you. But everyone has their limits... So don't push yourself too hard when your injured like this. I don't care what you say or how special that armor is. You're my friend and I do care about your well being. So just go get patched up, as well as get everything you need done before we can talk." Chris replied as he placed a hand on Claire's shoulder. Claire took that as her cue let go of Six

"Now like I said Six. Go get your injuries treated okay?" He said as both Chris and Claire walked out of the hangar, and back to their sleeping quarters.

Zero's Voicemail to Nitori - Time it was sent 5:00 AM EST. Message sent has yet to be read by recipient.

"Hey Nitori, it's me. Zero. I just want to say that I might not be back for a day or two which is... disappointing to say the least. I've been assigned to go on a mission in Eastern Europe to investigate a series of strange Maverick attacks. I read the reports and they did not look good. An entire city in Europe is being ravaged by the Maverick scum. Hopefully the Mavericks leading this attack will provide a decent challenge... hopefully... By the way I'm currently sending you this Voicemail while I'm on the aircraft that is transporting me and my team over to Europe. I most likely will miss Christmas which is a shame... I was hoping to at least see you on Christmas day. Oh and the rest of my team says hello."

"HEY NITORI!!!" The voices of all of Zero's squad yelled in the background as Zero began talking again.

"I've been telling them about you... well more like they forced me into it. They were curious as to who I was sending these Voicemails to. Anyways my squad has almost reached our destination... I wish you a Merry Christmas. I'll try my best to see you on Christmas morning... bye Nitori..."

Message End...

Comment

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

Nitori wasn't attending Yuuka's party. Instead, she was relaxing in the hot sauna after a long day of machine assembly, workout, and... Well... More mechanic work. Over the course of 4 months, Nitori changed. Her slight belly fat was gone, replaced with a well-built six pack. Her shoulders were a bit wider, and she was overall tanner. She was fit and lean, probably from the workout routine and the weight of the backpack he had to carry.

"Hello, sunshine. You got voicemail." EVE called from the intercom, waking Nitori up. "Also, sleeping in hot spring is bad for you."

"Who's the voicemail from?" Nitori asked.

"Zero."

"Aww." Nitori smiled as she took a sip from her tea cup. "Play the voicemail for me."

"Sure thing."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

As Six saw Chris and Claire walk off, he began to think about how his injuries scared them. For the first time in a long time, he thought about how this SPARTAN Program was much different than the one he came from. In the old SPARTAN-III Program, the CHRYSANTHEMUM Project, he was designed simply to buy the UNSC time. He was easily expendable, just another life to be thrown into the proverbial meat grinder. Unlike the SPARTAN-IIs, the SPARTAN-IIIs were much cheaper, had less training, and had weaker augmentations. Instead of being built to destroy, SPARTAN-IIIs were built to buy Humanity time. Back then, nobody really cared whether or not he was injured, they just patched him up and sent him back into battle, where he would be sent into situations they didn't expect him to survive. It was a harsh reality, but at least it was for a good cause. At least Humanity was saved. As for the armor, despite him joking about it, he was at least a little upset that it was ruined. This old, obsolete MJOLNIR Mark V armor was the exact same armor he wore during The Fall of Reach, where he saw his teammates and fellow SPARTANs die. In fact, he would have joined them, if not for him being transported to the real world at that last split second. To him, this armor was what he had left of those SPARTANs, of that battle. In a way, it was a reminder to Six about what happened on Reach, it was how he remembered Reach. In truth, it really was disappointing that his armor was now little more than scrap.

After a couple of minutes, Six made his way into the Infirmary, where he was greeted by one of the medical staff.

"Oh my... A-are you alright? How are you still walking?", one of the nurses asked.

"Willpower, maybe a little bit of stubbornness.", Six casually said as he slowly walked past.

All Six wanted was to get his hands on some Biofoam and some Medi-Gel.

"Hang on, sit down.", The nurse said to Six as she guided him into a cot.

six would have simply brushed her off, preferring to take care of himself, but he was too weak to fight back. After being sat down, Six let out a faint sigh as the tension in his shoulders slowly eased away.

"Okay, take off your helmet.", the nurse said as she pulled out a white first-aid container from below the cot and placed it next to Six on the cot.

As Six released the lock on his helmet, he winced as he slowly pulled it off of his face. After the helmet came off, he nurse could see the injuries Six sustained. Embedded in his right cheek and brow were pieces of his visor, along with tiny traces of shrapnel. All along the area was caked in dried blood, and even the nurse had to slightly wince at the injury.

"What in the world happened to you?", the nurse asked Six.

"Rocket hit me in the face. It took out my shields and broke my visor.", Six replied as the nurse pulled a pair of tweezers out from the kit next to him, along with some alcohol and a petri dish.

"I'm surprised you're not dead. You really should be more careful next time.", the nurse said as she unscrewed the cap on the alcohol.

After the nurse poured the alcohol into the petri dish, she then took the tweezers and began the painful task of removing the shrapnel and glass from his face. Six slightly twitched and grimaced at the pain as each piece was dislodged from his flesh, each one being placed into the sterilizing alcohol in the petri dish. Once the shrapnel was gone, the nurse then grabbed a pair of rubber gloves, put them on, and applied the Medi-Gel to the cuts on Six's face. Within seconds, the cuts sealed up and would soon be fully healed. After that, the nurse then pulled out what appeared to be a scanning device of some kind, similar to the technology used in the MJOLNIR armor. With this device, the nurse began to slowly sweep the scanner in front of Six as she looked for any bullets inside of Six's body. Luckily for Six, there were none. After the scan, the nurse then took pulled the shrapnel from Six's shoulder and thigh, and then grabbed the Bofoam. She then connected the Biofoam to Six's Biofoam Injector Port, where she then sprayed the Biofaom. Thanks to Six's suit, the Biofoam quickly found all of his wounds and sealed them up. Six gritted is teeth as his wounds felt like flaming ants were crawling inside of them, but the pain quickly subsided as the Morphine in the Biofoam took affect. Once the pain was gone and Six's wounds were attended to, the nurse gave a smile and spoke.

"All done. Try not to get yourself blown up again, okay?", the nurse asked Six.

"I'll try not to.", Six said as he stood up from the cot and grabbed his helmet.

After that, he then left the infirmary and began to walk towards Chris and Claire's sleeping quarters, but was soon stopped by a green SPARTAN with a note.

"Sir, somebody dropped this off at the gate. I thought you should read it.", the SPARTAN said as he handed an envelope to Six.

As Six received the envelope, he pulled out the letter and silently read it.

To whom it may concern,
                          I have heard that one of your soldiers was able to repel the Fell Dragon, Grima, four months ago. Although this is a tremendous feat, I worry that Grima will return.
                          In addition, I have information concerning a certain individual related to this incident that may prove beneficial should the dragon rise again.

I wish to meet with the one who defeated Grima in person.
                          Whenever possible, call the following number and I shall send my butler to give directions.

Sincerely,
                          - Lucina

After reading the note, Six looked back up to the green SPARTAN and spoke.

"Thank you. You can go now.", Six calmly said.

"Yes sir.", the SPARTAN said as he left.

Six quietly considered what the note said. Four months ago, Six slayed a dragon. Four months ago, Six lost a comrade, one that had earned his respect. Six still had the picture, the one of Robin and a person Six had identified as Robin's daughter, along with all of Robin's belongings in a safe. To be honest, Six didn't know if the girl was in this world or not, but if she was, then he would at least give her all of her father's belongings. It was the least he could do for Robin. Either way, the note warned that the dragon could return, and if that was the case, then Six would kill it once again, for Robin. After easing the grim expression off his face, Six decided that it was now time to go speak with Chris and Claire.

After a period of walking, Six had eventually made his way to Chris and Claire's sleeping quarters. As he approached the door, he knocked on the door and waited for one of them to answer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

As the message was played something seemed a little off... If one would listen closely one could hear what sounded like... a very faint garbled giggle as the message went on. It was faint and barely audible. In fact in was like this... giggle was added to the message after it was done being recorded as Zero did not seem to take notice of it at all in the voicemail...

Somewhere in Eastern Europe

It was bad, really bad. Zero's squad had been in an all out war against the Maverick's. Zero's squad was dropping like flies as Zero got into a fierce battle with a strange white armored female Reploid. They were trading blow for blow as the last man on Zero's team had quickly grabbed his communicator and began to try and contact the Maverick Hunter HQ back in the US. However for some reason... it was contacting the Kappa Village in Gensokyo...

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"Backup! We need backup immediately! Things took a turn for the worse! A-As soon as we landed, and left our aircraft we were suddenly ambushed by a group of M-Mavericks, and t-the Maverick's kept growing l-larger and larger in numbers. At first there was only a f-few dozen and now... a-and now t-there is over five hundred of the damn things! They just keep coming at us! To top it all off our commander Zero is fighting some insane Reploid girl! S-She c-came out of n-nowhere and j-just attacked us! W-We assumed s-she was l-leading the attack a-and Zero j-just attacked her! T-They are still f-fighting, I-I'm one of the last f-few members of our s-squad remaining a-aside from our c-commander... Oh god no... no!... NO STAY BACK AH!!!" The rookie hunter yelled as he quickly dropped the communicator, and began firing his rifle at a Maverick that had apparently killed him.

The Broadcast went on for a short while as the Communicator picked up the sounds of what seemed to be a few Maverick's being killed, along with Zero letting out a loud battle cry.

"BRING IT YOU BAST*RDS!!! I'M NOT DONE YET!!!" He could be heard yelling in the distance on the broadcast as he attacked a few Mavericks.

Suddenly another distinct feminine, and sinister voice could be heard.
                            "It's time that you perish... I shall end your torment here... and now..."

"GGRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!" Zero screamed as this mysterious feminine Maverick had struck him dead on with some sort of what sounded to be a electrical based attack.

BROADCAST END

The broadcast ended as all connection was lost... why did Zero's squad reach the Kappa Village all the way in Gensokyo, instead of the Maverick Hunter HQ?... More importantly... is Zero alright?

Comment

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"That's strange..." Nitori raised her eyebrows. "EVE, play that hidden part separately."

EVE did so. After listening to the entire ordeal, Nitori paled. She rose from the hot spring and stormed into her work station,not even caring that she was just taking a leisurely bath.

"Track down the location of that." Nitori demanded. After a few clicks and beeps, EVE found the answer.

"Munich."

"How long will it take to prepare a teleportation grid there?"

"Oh I don't know, 5 minutes, give or take another 2."

"Can you prep Project Kuro for me?" Nitori asked as she handled a pitch black assault rifle: her combat drone CAIN.

"No way. That's a prototype." EVE discorded, to which Nitori heeded no attention. She was just busy putting her clothes on: a tight-fitting black shirt, designer jeans, anf leather jacket. Four months ago it would've been an overall and a sloppy shirt she bought from Shimamura's general goods. "I'm not authorized to prepare it."

"Yeah? Then I'll give you the fucking authorization." Nitori snapped. "Prep it. Now."

"Also, suit up. I'm taking EDEN as well."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

yuuka's mansion

knowing the spartan would hear her, Renamon looked at him and spoke "I will explain you when no one can reach us"

and with that she took a drink like nothing happened
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X