X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kappa Mine - The Dark Blowhole - Gensokyo

"Then let's try this." Yamame said as she hopped over to one of the strange holes. "Kisume!"

From the hole jetted down a wooden bucket with a green-haired girl in it. The girl wore her hair in double ponytail across the sides, and wore a white kimono similar to a bathrobe.

"What's up?" Kisume greeted.

"Kappas sent a guy to gather the Cobaltine Ore for their project." Yamame greeted back as she stepped away and headed to the ore vein. Kisume the bucket girl unhinged a lever and began gliding through the thick strings all across the chamber's ceiling. "But we need the ore up to the surface so that they can use something called Ridebot or whatever to carry it back up the Kappa Village."

"You don't need to say anything more." Kisume nodded as she fiddled in her bucket. The ground began to rumble as the ceiling began giving way, revealing a large gaping hole and a larger-than-life wooden bucket hanging by heavy-duty elastic copper rope.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Max was surprised when Kisume came down, and after her exchange with Yamame the ceiling gave away revealing a large lift system with a... incredibly large wooden bucket. Max had seen some pretty interesting stuff in his world, but so far this kind of tops most of the stuff he had seen.

"Whoa that was pretty cool. I guess I'll call in Steve. Also it's a Ridepod not Ridebot." Max said as he took out a weird radio/phone looking device. It looked like a strange mix between a blue radio, and the bells on an old style alarm clock. Max took the device as he pushed a few buttons. After a few minutes of doing nothing the device began to ring intensely as the Ridepod was quickly deployed. The young Mechanic then turned to Yamame and Kisume as he put the device away. "So looks like my Ridepod is on it's way right now. I'd say give it about five or so minutes before it gets here."

Comment

Rundown Streets - Seoul - South Korea

Stepping into the machine-filled room that was Nadia's workroom, Lester spied all manner of tools, charts, and unfinished projects. From what looked like a car engine to some manner of handheld devices, the room was filled with things that could prove useful once finished. Well, that's what Lester thought. Although he knew what Nadia did and how she performs, Lester had no clue as to what anything actually was or what it did. Due to this, Lester decided to respect the young lady in her endeavours. She may have looked out of place in all of this but it was what she was skilled at. And without that skill of her's, the CosmoNOTs might not have gotten far at all.
        "So, what you doing in here?" Lester asked. "Seems like you got your 'ands full." Nadia gave a sigh in response and stood up from where she was.
        "Well, if you must know. I'm trying to figure out how those combustion engines work. If I can get these to work then I can get a better understanding of this world's engineering and technology. It appears these engines are what the people here use. It's rather strange considering how much better plasma engines are... Can they not harness plasma energy?" Nadia explained. Despite her explanation, Nadia then began to sidetrack and comment on usage of engines or something like that. Lester wasn't completely sure. He was kind of stumped as soon as Nadia said combustion. Nadia continued to sidetrack and complain about all manner of things. This continued until-

RIIIIIIIIIING!

A loud ringing sound could be heard within the workroom. One that sounded like an old telephone. How it was still working Lester wasn't sure. Regardless, the ringing was getting on his nerves and he began to search for the phone. Looking around, Lester found the phone mounted on one of the walls on the other end of the room. Located near a desk and some... machinery, there was an old phone that could been from the 1970's. Lester promptly picked up to see as to who might be calling. From all he knew, it was either a wrong number or someone that still believed that this garage was still up and running.
        "Hello?" Lester spoke into the phone's receiver.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

"Call him up the surface." Yamame said as she held the ore vein up... Or attempted to anyway. Even with Youkai super strength, Yamame could only lift the ore vein up about 2 feet.

"Okay looks like it's heavier than it looks." Yamame let go of the ore to catch her breath. Then she ordered the Kappa miners resting about to help her lift the ore.

"So uh..." Kisume asked Max out of curiosity. "How did you come to Gemsokyo? Yukari?"

Noise Basement 2 - Hongdae - Seoul

"Bonjoir, this is Madame von You-Guys-Suckerino." The caller jested, putting on a faux-French accent before leading into an uncontrollable laughter that could only be from one person: Jinx. "Hahaha, what's up, knuckleheads? I just wanted to call to know if you guys were still alive. I mean, I did leave you guys pretty devastated there."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

"Okay. I don't think Steve would come down here unless I drove it. My Ridepod can only do simple commands. If it comes across a pit it will stop. Anyways uh... Kisume I just kinda walked here after hearing of Gensokyo and the Kappa Village. Well first I flew to Japan. Then I began wandering around the forests until I stumbled across Gensokyo. Then I immediately began searching for the Kappa Village which thanks to a few villagers I had found it. Now I kind of work with... or in this case for the Kappa's. I know it's kind of... uh...what's the word?" Max said as he thought for the word he was going to say... it was on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't think of it...

Steve is about 4 minutes away.

Comment

"Haha, I heard the Kappas were short on workers. They may not show it, but they are probably very grateful." Kisume chuckled and saw that Max was stuttering. "Hmm... Is something the matter?"
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

"Oh it's nothing. I was just trying to remember this one word, but I just can't think of it. Anyways I have a question myself if you don't me asking." Max said as he turned to Kisume. "Why are you in a bucket? Sorry if that offends you or anything... I'm just kind of... curious." He asked as the sound of loud metal footsteps, and gears could be heard faintly in the distance as the Ridepod Steve drew much closer. It is now waiting at the surface.

Comment

"I'm a Tsurube-Otoshi, a Youkai that drops from the ceilings to attack people. The thing is, I end up broke because the bottom of my kimono wearing out. So I ride on a bucket." Kisume answered. Then she realized that Max was gazing at Yamame and the Kappas carrying the ore to the giant bucket.

"...You like Yamame, don't you?"
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

"Oh... I see..." Max said as he continued watching Yamame... he felt oddly... attracted to her... it was though as she was really familiar to someone he once knew... The second Kisume brought it up Max freaked out as he quickly turned to Kisume while jumping back.

"W-W-What!? I-I just met her today! How can I have feelings for someone I met not even an hour ago!?" Max replied as he continued glancing back over to Yamame, and the Kappa. "I-It's just that she kind of reminds me of an old friend I once knew... before I came here to this world... Anyways I think I must go! I heard Steve at the surface! Bye Kisume!" He said as he was about to run, but he took one last glimpse at Yamame before heading back up to the surface where a rather... large mech when compared to Max was waiting.

(except without the swords.)

Comment

"Bye." Kisume waved as Max took the giant bucket back to the surface, with the large Cobaltine Ore vein next to him. Out of Max's reach, Kisume soliloquized, "Surely they will make a cute couple... Yamame was feeling lonely too... quite convenient."

Gensokyo

The sky was getting darker and darker, but Steve had a flashlight on it so darkness wasn't much of a problem.

"You can get by from here, right?" Yamame asked Max who was on top of the large mech Steve.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Gensokyo

Max had hopped into Steve's cockpit as the engines revved up again. As the Ridepod started up Max motioned it over to the lift where the large ore is. Then Max had Steve lift up the large ore high above Steve's, and Max's own head. Thanks to the Kappa's techniques Max was able to upgrade it's strength, it's fuel cell, and it's speed. Max turned to Yamame and nodded. "Yeah I can get back on my own. Luckily with Steve I will be quite well protected." He replied as he paused for a moment before speaking up again. "Hey Yamame... how about... whenever I get some time off I come here to help? To be honest I don't mind if I work here a bit on top of my current work for the Kappa's..."

Comment

Gensokyo

"Okay! I won't be around tomorrow, because I have to help in Human Village... if you want you can come tomorrow to Human Village and help me." Yamame answered, giving him a thumbs up.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Gensokyo | Night

"That's okay then. Hopefully I will have some time off tomorrow. I was also planning on going to get a few things at the Human Village as well. So yeah... see ya tomorrow I guess?" Max replied as Steve turned around.

"Bye Yamame! I'll be seeing you tomorrow hopefully!" He said as the mech carrying the large ore above itself with Max in the cockpit walks off into the distance, and towards the Kappa Village.

Comment

Gensokyo

"Bye!" Yamame waved her hand as Steve departed. A Kappa nearby, watching the entire ordeal, walked up to Yamame and asked: "You like him, don't you, Kappa?"

Yamame flinched and blushed. "W... why would you say that? We- I mean, him and I... only just met!"

"This exact reaction, Kappa." The Kappa sighed and smiled warmly. Then, facing the other Kappas, she shouted: "Okay, let's go back home, Kappa!"

The Kappas headed out, one by one, until Yamame became the only Youkai standing under the dark night sky. She looked... lovestruck.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Gensokyo | Night

The young mechanic continued to pilot Steve through the area on his way back to the Kappa Village. As he did he kept thinking... of Yamame... why did he feel so... compelled to be with her? Why does she seem so familiar to him? Why does she seem so similar to... Monica? Monica was... energetic, kind, and polite... much like how Yamame was... Is that why Max feels so compelled to be with Yamame? Max didn't know himself, but he kept driving his Ridepod towards the Kappa Village... After all he has to get this ore to Mitori, and fast. He heard that Gensokyo can be a pretty dangerous place at night...

Comment

Working...
                                X