Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
    Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light

This entire time, Cortana had been silent, carefully paying attention as everyone spoke. This entire time, she was gathering information and performing calculations on all the various possibilities. Based on all the billions of scenarios she had calculated within the small span of time John and The Guardian had been speaking, she could tell that the barrier would ultimately fail, whether by an unavoidable accident, Aurora's intelligence, or a curious explorer poking their nose into something they shouldn't. Right after the Guardian spoke, Cortana suddenly gained control over John's speaker system and spoke to the Guardian. John was a little surprised by Cortana's sudden actions, but he remained still and kept silent, carefully listening to what she had to say.

"There are always unknown variables. What would happen if someone comes in here and purposely breaks that barrier? What if someone stronger than you comes in, defeats you, then decides to try and use the computer? What if aurora is a little smarter than you give her credit for? You say that the barrier can hold for an extended period of time, but it's not indefinite, and it is not absolute. I'm willing to bet that you didn't expect this building to get damaged by our fights, and because of that, those 'things' are out there, swarming the outside. You didn't expect that, so what makes you think that she won't escape? If she's a living, learning AI on a similar level as me, then she will eventually find a way out. She has all the time in the universe to figure out how to escape. Leaving Aurora here is like leaving a primed bomb. All it takes is someone to press the big, red, button. Your solution is a band-aid solution, and if we don't nip this in the bud now, it can come back to haunt us.", Cortana said to the Guardian.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

((I DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT THIS!!!)
      Nevaaras CY-001

When Megumi brought her sword down above Astraea her sword stopped an inch just above the shield like something stopped it completely. It was as though something was blocking it. When her sword came into contact with the shield a surge of energy had went through her blade causing Megumi to feel some pain, all the while the Black Sword flew out of her hands landing on the ground nearby.

Nevaaras Headquarters - Nevaaras CY-001 - Miranda's Office

Miranda looked at Grey as she tried to comprehend everything fully.

"O-Okay then... how do we stop this? I mean everything is in danger, and I'm not about to give up my freaking colony. So how do we stop this cleansing or whatever from happening?" Miranda asked as she stood up from her desk. No longer under the effects of the drug she was injected with earlier. "I would be happy to lend you a few of my men if you need them as long as it means stopping this from happening."

Comment

"All has been accounted for. As long as I draw breath, the barrier cannot fall. I have already sacrificed my mortality for this." The guardian responded. "Aurora is stronger than the Phoenix Code. In time she will overcome it. She values life. She will not destroy life willingly. Though, as long as she is contained, she cannot destroy all that has been made in the years after the boundary separating the galaxy from the natural universe fell. She cannot access the Phoenix Code, nor can anyone access the computer to manually activate it." He paused. "The original purpose of the Manor of Eternity was solely designed to keep a specific individual out. You know the individual as the one the dolls you carry are based on."

"That would be appreciated." Grey responded. "Though what is coming...you do not have the proper weapons to fight them." He pulled out what seemed to be a green crystal with a faint glow. "These crystals were once known as Aura Crystals. There is a way to utilize them as a power source that can be turned into a weapon that would be effective against the creatures that initialize the restoration."

"...However, the crystals are weak. It would be difficult to recharge them but if you can...you would have the greatest defense against this."

Grey placed the crystal on the table and placed it in a small box. "These crystals will lose any power they have when they come into contact with certain forms of life. For instance, do not touch them with your bare skin."

Comment

Looking at the whole conversation between the group, Mara was leaning on a wall with her eyes closed thinking of anything "How about putting the AI into a mobile server like the spartan`s friend?" she spoke

Then the bioroid opened her eyes and offered another idea "Or putting someone into the computer via connecting his or her mind?"
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"Look, I ain't a psychic, but what I got is simple. DON'T TOUCH THE DAMN THING." Mima said. "And I don't think Mr. Medieval over here would let you do that either, considering what he's been saying."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

The man nodded solemnly. "To access the GAIA Computer would require removal of the barrier. Removal of the barrier would grant Aurora the ability to access her full power, thus allowing her to initialize the true Phoenix Code which would affect the entire galaxy instantly."

"It happened once before. I will not allow it to happen again."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While John, Mara, and the Guardian spoke, Cortana quietly observed and listened to them. From what she could see, this conversation would lead nowhere. Both John and Mara were adamant on shutting the computer down and saving Aurora, but the Guardian was adamant about the barrier being in place and having Aurora isolated for eternity. Of course, Cortana couldn't allow another AI to remain isolated for such a long time. She knew how long an AI felt time. Unlike humans, a mere seven seconds felt almost like an eternity for an AI. Of course, despite all that, she knew that sitting here arguing with The Guardian would lead nowhere. As The Guardian finished speaking, Cortana quickly formulated an idea in her head, one that would definitely work, but first they needed to leave. Right after The Guardian spoke, Cortana took control over John's armor and sent an audio/video message to The Guardian without anyone from the group noticing.

"If you've already calculated all of the possible outcomes involving that barrier, then you probably know what I'm going to do next, and perhaps that's exactly what you want.", Cortana said to The Guardian.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Nevaaras CY-001

As Megumi's sword crashed down on top of Astrea's shield Astrea smirked as she quickly stood up, with her sword and shield ready she quickly shot up ready to stab at Megumi with her blade.

"How foolish for striking me! You should have known about my shield you big dummy!" Astrea yelled as she continued to do a full frontal stab toward Megumi's torso.

Comment

Nevaaras CY-001

When Megumi recovered she saw Astraea lunging at her with her sword pointed right at Megumi's torso. "Sh*t!" Megumi cursed as she dodged to the side, Megumi was barely fast enough and as such Astraea's blade had grazed Megumi's arm, leaving a nasty cut on her right upper arm.

"Goddammit!" She said as she turned to Astraea before looking for her blade. With all of her energy Megumi sprinted off towards her Black Blade.

Miranda looked at the crystal and was amazed by it. "So... how do you recharge these crystals? I mean if they would be our greatest asset against these thing when charged, then we will need to recharge them. So care to tell us how to charge them?" She said as she began poking the crystal with a pen.

Comment

Although it wasn't visible, the Guardian smiled. A faint nod was his only real acknowledgement to what Cortana had said.

Grey smiled slightly and placed another crystal next to it and a slight beam seemed to flow between them. "It is theorized that when these crystals had more power, this would cause them to build up so much power so rapidly that they would explode with the force of a condensed nova. However, that has been diminished incredibly. Currently it would simply be enough to run something basic."
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-30-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Cortana could see that The Guardian acknowledged her words and turned her attention over to John.

"John, let's go. We can't do anything here.", Cortana calmly said to John inside his helmet.

John couldn't help but be confused, even a little surprised by what Cortana had said. He knew Cortana, and knew that she would not let something like this go. She would not let something so dangerous remain active.

"What about Aurora and the restoration sequence?", John asked Cortana in a confused tone.

"Trust me. We need to leave.", Cortana answered in the same tone as before, this time emphasizing what she said.

At that very moment, John knew that Cortana was planning something. After all, he knew her too well not to know that she had a plan. He may not have known what it was, but he knew that Cortana knew what she was doing. With that in mind, John simply nodded, signaling Cortana that he understood.

"The ghost is right. It's time to go. There is nothing we can do.", John said to the group in a calm tone.
                        Last edited by S121; 05-02-2014, 11:09 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Crash Site

"It does not have a name. It is a prototype. Part of the reason I came up here was for the schematics of it in the main computer." SiMo said. "It provides both power and oxygen for the entire ship. The end goal for the device was terraforming, but it can also generate large quantities of energy." SiMo explained, pulling out it's rifle.

"The device is connected to the rest of the ship though large power cables. If we cut the cables without switching the device into off mode, it will overload with energy and likely detonate the ship and everything in it. If the ship does not detonate, it could simply be erased from existence.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

("From what I have heard of that AI, she is planning, something, better see how it goes") Mara thought relaxing her arms from their crossed pose.

The bioroid sighed and checked her portal gun "Well then, lets move soldier" she spoke to the spartan
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

After Mara spoke to John, he nodded at her and turned his attention over to the rest of the group and spoke.

"Let's move.", John said to the group before walking towards the exit.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

As SimO explained how the reactor worked to Ethan, Ethan simply nodded as he readied his XMA-38 assault rifle.

"Okay then, cut the power cables, get out as soon as possible. Simple and effective. Let's go.", Ethan calmly said to SimO as he turned towards the door.
                              sigpic

Comment

As they walked away, Mara looked at the guard ("This thing is getting more and more complex, whoever made this spiderweb of work is truly mastermind") she thought looking at the front again

"Well then, what´s the plan? for what we know, this is the last safe zone on whatever is left of the galaxy" the whitehaired asked to the spartan

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X