X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortus Streets

The man kept walking, staggering a bit here and there as he was pelted by the pouring rain, blood from his wounds being washed off and onto the wet pavement below.
    "Don't worry, I'll be fine... Just a broken arm, maybe some cracked ribs. I've had much worse, just give me a good day or two and I'll be fine..." The man grumbled out as he kept walking. "Besides, we need to meet up with my partner pronto in case that other one comes back. God I hope it doesn't come back... Those things are probably the most annoying type of demon I've fought in a long while..." He spoke as they continued on. The rain washing the blood on his clothes off, showing that some of the lesser wounds, primarily from those ice shards and the wound from Waelin's horn were healing quite quickly. . .

Comment

Ortus Streets
      Waelin rose an eyebrow at the nonchalant comment about their injuries.

"Uh...huh. If you say so, guy." Waelin replied before they spoke of their partner and... demons? That's what they were? They just thought they were some kind of boogeymen. Weird creatures with no distinguishable origin. I mean, I guess it made sense, considering their current... state, but the connection never really clicked. I guess they never really had the time to think on such things, given the 'treatments' and the constant noises within their cell.

"I, uh, am not exactly trained with things like wielding weapons, but if you call back that, uh, spear of yours, I guess I could at least try to defend us if it comes down to it. Probably would be better than you using it, at least considering the injuries." Waelin spoke. They didn't even notice the wounds healing considering the less than stellar lighting. There were bigger matters to focus on anyways.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Ortus Streets

"No need..." The man said as he stopped, placing his hand on a street sign. Looking up at the street sign he gave a sigh of relief as he realized they were heading in the right direction. "Calling my spear would be pointless if you were to use it. Besides, I have a feeling you already have a weapon you can call on... Besides, I'm a little too drained to call it right now." He spoke as he took a deep breath to relax himself. He can slowly feel the bones in his side healing. It wasn't fast by any means, but he can at least feel the pain dying down ever so slightly. With this the man as he continued walking again, still with a slight limp.

"By the way, the name's Lance."
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 01-20-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Ortus Streets
          "I mean, if you're referring to that sword, I don't know even where it came from, let alone how to 'call it'." the girl replied with a sigh. They gave another risen eyebrow at Lance's name, stifling a chuckle.

"Well, I can't say the name doesn't fit. I'm Waelin, if you wanted to know." she continued.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Ortus Streets

"Well Waelin... I'd say it was a pleasure getting to meet you, but my injuries say otherwise..." Lance had replied, approaching an intersection in the road. "As for that sword, I can't really tell you how to go about summoning it. Everyone has their own. All I can ask is... do you suddenly have some kind of item on you? Something you might not have had previously?" He said as he stopped, taking out a blue gem pendant from his pants pocket. "If you do, then that'd be a start..." Lance spoke before putting the blue pendant back in his pocket.

Comment

Ortus Streets
              "I don't even think these clothes have working pockets anymore." Waelin glanced down to their attire. Ratty, blood-soaked shirt, ripped sweatpants, numerous seams split or peeled apart forcefully. Regardless, they put their hands in the pockets for a moment, digging around their hole-ridden flaps before they looked over to Lance, shaking their head quietly.

Comment

Ortus Streets

"Sigh... Figured as much. Hasn't recalled yet, likely still back there... Hmm..." He said, going into a brief moment of thought. "All I can say is, try to either imagine the sword back in your hands, or simply desire it to come back. You might need to focus quite a bit though, people have a hard time figuring out how to summon their weapon. First time is usually completely accidental, such as before when you were attacked. After that it can be a bit tricky, since everyone has their own methods of calling it back to them..." Lance tried to explain, talking about this kind of stuff as if it was a completely normal . "Sorry if this sounds all insane and all, I now those creatures are weird in and of themselves, but I must sound like a madman rambling on right now." Lance finished before chuckling and looking up to search for another street sign to give him an idea of where they need to go before mumbling under his breath about how this city is so damn confusing .

Comment

Ortus Streets
                  After they finished speaking, they simply stopped for a moment, looked at them with a deadpan stare that could likely shatter glass, and slowly rose their hand just above the top of their head before jabbing their pointer finger towards the large, now blood-coated horn that stuck out of their head like misplaced unicorn's.

"Tell me what just went through your shoulder not ten minutes prior and then tell me it's completely normal for a human to have. I've seen shit this past week that nobody should, trust me, you don't sound crazy at all. I'm just completely out of my element. I weave quilts, not fight whatever the hell those chalk-coloured stick-men were." Waelin replied before beginning to walk again. They shook their head dismissively, voice filling with frustration. "God, I can't even bring myself to focus enough to even think of trying to bring that sword back. I haven't slept in days, and haven't slept well in quite a while longer."

Comment

Ortus Streets

Lance simply returned the deadpan look, looking over Waelin once more before speaking. "Yeah, been meaning to actually ask you about that. I've seen a lot of strange things in my line of work over the years. Seen those pale ass wipes at least once before. But I've also seen stranger. Try going camping only to find a tall thin thing with a pair of sirens for a head. Or how about horrible masses of tentacles." He spoke as he briefly tried to recall some of the things he saw. "Either way those pale guys are just the the tip of the iceberg. So sorry if I'm not freaking out right now."

That was when Lance took one last look at Waelin and furrowed his brow. "Though I haven't seen something like you before. Not sure if you're human or demon. You were able to summon a weapon like a slayer earlier... yet I've never seen a Demon Slayer that looks even partly demonic..." As Lance finished he looked at Waelin again for a solid minute, remaining silent before holding his hand out as if to feel the rain on his palm. As the rain poured down, still as rough as earlier. That is when Lance looked as if he had an idea. At that moment he looked up back at the nearest street sign, his other hand still on his still painful side. After looking at the street sign, Lance smirked. "I know I said I have someone I was going to meet up with, but I have a different idea. Someone else who could probably help, at least give us a safe place to relax..." Lance said as he began walking again, this time heading west.

Comment

Ortus Streets
                      "Look, i'm as unhappy with the horn sprouting out of my head as anyone else would. I can tell you how it happened, but I need rest first. And preferably food." Waelin retorted before listening as Lance suggested the alternative.

"As long as it doesn't involve more attempted murder and or kidnapping, i'm fine with it." Waelin replied.

Comment

Ortus Streets

"Don't worry. The place I have in mind is a safe haven. From what I heard, the place is a neutral zone. No fighting conflict allowed. That goes for humans AND demons." Lance spoke as he continued to lead Waelin down several turns through the streets and even down another alleyway or two. For a moment it seemed like he was just leading her around in circles as they were on a wild goose chase or something. Eventually however, the two did reach their destination. Across the street from their current location was a quaint building of what appeared to be some kind of bar. Seeing it Lance turned to Waelin and spoke. "Finally, there it is... let's get out of this rain." With that being said, Lance quickly began making his way across the street. Or at least as fast as he could with his limp. It also didn't help that when he stepped off the sidewalk and onto the street, Lance's own foot slipped out from under his feet the moment he stepped in a puddle, causing him to trip and fall face first onto the wet pavement, letting out a audible groan of pain as he did so.

"Ow... okay... the pain's back..."

Comment

Ortus Streets
                          The building itself didn't look to be pristine. Waelin thought it looked halfway to being a dive-bar just by the old brick construction. A sign above read 'The Boundless' in neon, a soft teal illuminating the otherwise mostly darkened street.

They were about to follow them in when the man fell to the street unceremoniously, narrowing their eyes for a moment as they collided with the soaking wet street.

"Not a race." Waelin spoke as they helped pull them off the ground. "Even if that thing's around here, which I think it would've attacked by now anyways."

Comment

Ortus Streets

"Yeah yeah, whatever..." Lance grumbled as he came back to a stand thanks to Waelin's assistance. His whole body was beginning to feel quite sore as the two crossed the street.

Crossing the street and approaching the building was an interesting experience. Simply getting closer to The Boundless made Lance feel a bit more relaxed. Whether it was the thought that they were finally somewhere safe, or if it was something else entirely? Was not entirely clear, but the look on Lance's face was that of relief as they drew closer to the building. Only stopping right in front of the door where he looked at Waelin.

"Well, Ladies first..." He said, gesturing for her to take the lead inside.

Comment

The Boundless
                              Waelin gave a slight eye-roll at their comment, swinging open the door, a bell atop it's inside ringing as they did so, holding open the door for their newfound ally.

The interior of the bar was mostly empty, as it often was during these kinds of hours. The bartender lied behind their counter, cleaning their glasses as an old movie played on the small TV that hung from the ceiling, and a patron or two sat in one of the booths, seemingly speaking to one another, but their words could not be heard.

The bartender did not turn, but cleared their throat.

"Please do not track blood into my establishment if you can. Use the front mat to wipe it off. I do not want to see bloodstains on the wood floor." they replied in a cool, calm voice. Waelin rose an eyebrow but did as they said, wiping off the barely intact shoes they had on said mat.

Comment

The Boundless

Lance looked at the Bartender, then down to his clothes. He had some holes in them from some of his nearly healed flesh wounds, and his clothes were still soaked. However they weren't covered in too much blood thankfully, for the blood was washed by the heavy rain outside. Though he did still wipe his boots on the mat after Waelin did before stepping further into the bar, taking a seat in one of the empty booths.

Letting out a sigh as he sat down, side still hurting, but it didn't feel as severe as it was earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X