Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second era and app template is finished. i'll be passing out now thank you goodnight!

Comment

Getting this started, will finish later.

Name: Aion Rixtravius
      Spoiler:

Race and sub race: Human Noroi

Class: Mercenary

Bio:

How long has it been since my past last haunted my dreams?

It all starts at a smithy in the castle town whose forge slowly died in the night. To a small child that night lasted an eternity. He was old enough to understand that his father would never wake from his slumber. He understood why the clock stood still. The man that lay ill upon the bed before him had said that he did not need to fear what he was. The boy wanted to desperately believe that as his father’s last breath was drawn out for days. The clock hands dared not move. The boy was afraid of what was to come. He feared the future. Then he finally let go of his father, letting time flow forward.

The distinct ring of hammer against hot metal rose above the din of the market. After being cold for so long, the forges burned with new life. To anyone else, nothing had changed about the smithy from a decade ago, save for the man who stood behind the anvil. Before the king had taken the throne, he worked at the forge. Now it was his son that took up the hammer to learn the same trade. It was unusual to see royalty perform such a labor intensive task, but the lessons it taught were invaluable. For the prince, Aion Leonares, it gave him patience and strength as well as knowing when to be rough, firm, or gentle. It granted him the confidence to face the very future he feared when he was younger. He had let go of his past, lived in the present, and remained vigilant for the future.

The future, however, only carried more pain for him. His mother’s life was also brought to an abrupt end by a similar illness to the one that plagued his father. Grief overcame him and he took his own life.

Or so he wanted everyone to believe.

Smithing was not the only skill he was perfecting over the years. He had also mastered one aspect of his gift: Fissures of Time. Using one of three enchanted swords that served as the regalia of the kingdom he was capable of opening these rifts which led to alternate timelines. He used the sword known as Mercurius to find one timeline in which he did commit suicide so that he could leave the body in his to set up the ruse. To be haunted by his past scared him, and so he severed all ties to it. He left the kingdom he was to rule. He chose a new future to live for, not one steeped in the pain of his past.

What he did not realize is that there were those that would take advantage of such a tragedy. He did not consider this nor did he care. He got onto the first merchant ship he could find, passing off as a sell sword that was hired by somewhere distant. He was running from his past.

While Aion Leonares was afraid of the future, Aion Rixtravius was afraid of the past.

Powers: Skilled Blacksmith and Swordsman with "a knack for chronomancy." He is not skilled in controlling his time magic, relying on instinct to guide it rather than thought. The only aspect of his magic he can control is his ability to open rifts of time with his sword, Mercurius. This allows him to jump into an alternate timeline and then jump back whenever he chooses. He cannot stay long in an alternate timeline as it drains his life energy until it could kill him.

Gear:
      - Mercurius: an enchanted twin-edged blade that can channel energy. It allows Aion to open rifts of time.
      - Shield of Mercurius: the scabbard of the sword doubles as a shield. If charged with energy it can create a protective barrier.
      - Survival equipment

Spoiler: Mercurius and Shield of Mercurius

Appearance:
      Spoiler:

Personality: A hardened warrior to his core, he keeps his serious nature in check with a smile and the occasional wisecrack. He loathes death and will take on any who seeks to kill others. While among friends, he often exaggerates seriousness only to break it with laughter.

Ambitions: To get paid. Not laid. That way he can live as he pleases.

Factions: Whichever pays him the most. Though he did betray his last client because his morals clashed with his own. Currently he works for an Elvish traveling merchant, Achlys Noxima.

Character Connections: Achlys Noxima, a client that continues to hire him whenever she travels. Also he goes to her for supplies, so they eventually worked out a mutual agreement that benefits both of them.

Notes: His story continues on with Achlys'

Name: Achlys Noxima
      Spoiler:

Race and sub race: Elf Noroi

Class: Merchant/ Dark Mage

Bio:

The thrill of receiving a new gift was a familiar feeling to Achlys when she was young. Her father traveled the world, bringing home various souvenirs from the lands he visited. Achlys was always fascinated by whatever he brought home. This was the start of her collection. As she grew older, she became an avid collector of everything she perceived as being unique. She would also begin to tinker with things using Alchemy, seeing what she could do to some memorabilia. One day her father left again for the unknown, warning her to be patient as he would be gone for a long time. And so she was. Years ticked by, and still she waited. She took her mind off how long she had been waiting by exploring deeper into alchemy. Though eventually, she had an idea. She would travel as well, seeking out trinkets to add to the collection so that she too could share stories of her own with her father. Her mother, however, forbade such action. She would not let her daughter be an adventurer. This hurt Achlys for a few months. After much thought and a few more experiments later, she found a way to convince her mother to let her travel the world: she would be a merchant
      With much consideration her mother finally agreed to let her pursue a career as a traveling merchant.

She first started close to home, acquiring an enchanted wagon that was larger on the inside than it appeared on the outside, allowing it to carry supplies, merchandise, and, of course, souvenirs. Her shop was to be a sort of general store, she worked out negotiating deals (which were difficult considering an elf's disposition to not lie) for various goods and used her knack of alchemy to produce top quality products. She took pride in this as she became a trusted merchant in the nearby towns.

During her travels she quickly learned that it was dangerous in the wild. A group of bandits assaulted her wagon, which she defended as best she could. Right when she was about to lose her ground to the thieves, a chronomancer swordsman appeared, barely managing to drive back the bandits.

This was how she met the mercenary Aion Rixtravius.

For most, being saved by such a brave man would have been quite the honor. For Achlys, it was an insult. At first she dismissed the man, saying that she did not require his assistance, but when he mentioned that he needed supplies, her tune quickly changed. That was the first deal they made. Of course, she played the mercenary a bit, making it so she received the better end of the bargain: She didn't pay him for saving her, but he payed her for supplies. Seeing how easy it was to scam him slightly (She needed all she could to get more trinkets of course), she decided to hire him to protect her the rest of the way to the next town.

Once they reached their destination, Aion mentioned that he had let her get the better part of the deal, which amazed her for she had taken him as being a simple brute of a man with the intellect equivalent of a squirrel. Eventually they parted ways for a while as she sold her wares and churned up a profit. As the local merchants in the area became displeased with how she stole away their business, she decided it was best to move on to more hospitable markets. Fate would have it, however, that she would meet yet again with the mercenary when she was preparing to leave. During her time here, he had come to her for medicines and, surprisingly, smithing supplies. She eventually decided that it was in their mutual interests to form a sort of alliance. He would be her bodyguard during her travels and she would provide whatever supplies he needs in return.

Three years they traveled together. And now they arrive for the first time at Sanctuary.

Powers: Although she can call upon the magic of the dead, she seldom uses it. Achlys prefers the art of Alchemy above all else and sells potions and other goods across the land as a travelling merchant. Should she need to defend herself, she uses it to stun her opponent.

Appearance:
      Spoiler:

Personality: Studious by nature as well having a tendency towards being blunt and cold to strangers she's not trying to cut a deal with. She is only pleasant to those with deep pockets or vast scholarly journals exploring the finer nature of alchemy. There are exceptions to that rule, being her closer friends, of which she considers Aion one of.

Ambitions: She secretly wants to just travel the world. Luckily being a merchant gives her an excuse to do so.

Factions: She goes wherever the money is. Whichever faction has the better economy will attract her.

Character Connections: Aion Rixtravius, a repeat customer who goes through her for supplies. She made a deal with him that she will give him supplies in return for his service as a bodyguard

EDIT:
      @ Tewi

Could ya answer the question that could be posed by Achlys' faction listing? in other words, where would be the best economy?
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 08-06-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

@cucoo: probably in sanctuary.i'll get to readin your apps in a bit but like in eg you need two people to approve them. anyone who plans on making an app in the future can do so

Comment

Im going to wait until the story part is done

Btw tewi, what is the timeline of the ecents before the RP starts? I'm thinking of doing a similar app to the one in SK
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

cucoo you have the gender for Achlys Noxima as male. you may wat to change that. also app looks fine so far can't wait to see the finished versions

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
              Im going to wait until the story part is done

Btw tewi, what is the timeline of the ecents before the RP starts? I'm thinking of doing a similar app to the one in SK
              Not sure i understand the question. Are you asking which era the rp will take place? If so then i'm not sure as the final number of Eras there will be is still undetermined. There are a few events that need to happen before the rp can start and i'm trying to fit them all in to about 3 or 4 eras. so if all goes according to plane the rp would start during the 4t or 5th era.

Comment

Ok, what I mean is that how many years have passed since the first era, the second era, and so on until the present time of where the RP takes place
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

After reading all the classes and with a little advice from Tewi, I'm going to do a Human/Jin half-breed.

@Tewi

Before I get working on the app some, I'm going to PM you the image I'm planning on using and what I'm planning on appearance so I can get clearing on it from you first. I'm one of those "get approval from GM before making" types when it comes to certain things. Just got to handle some IRL things first.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Kristia: i won't be able to answer that until I've finished the bio as these Eras are defines by the events that accured during them not the amount of time each one took. The first Era is the longest by far taking up at least 3000 years while every era after that will probably take between 500 and 1000.

@Zekai: i'll be keeping an eye out for it

Also if anyone would like to give me a hand the human vampire and lycan races all need reference images so if you have any suggestions please link them here.

Comment

@tewi
                      Derp
                      Hazards of copypasta
                      I'll fix that as I finish things.

Comment

PM has been sent Tewi.
                        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Sorry for the late response Zekai i just go t back from eating breakfast. anyway like i said in the PM the image is fine.

Comment

Ok, I'll work on what I can then.

Comment

Getting an early start on the third Era. If you have any questions you need me to answer asap come find me on mumble or bug me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198099380830

Comment

Since my question isn't an asap one, I'll just ask here. If they know magic, are they automatically a Noroi?

Comment

Working...
                                X