X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everbloom Forest | Time: 1:21 AM

El could understand his concerns, but she couldn't find a better solution to offer this stranger. It was either for him to team up with her and possibly get what he needs, or stay in the forest without a direction and possibly get caught. "I mean, you can take your gambit with me, or you can stay here and try to escape from whatever's chasing after you. Your call, not gonna force you."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Everbloom Forest | Time: 1:22 AM

Right as Jason was about to give an answer to El, he could hear a large explosion in the distance, as well as see the faint glowing of fire in the distance. It all came to a surprise to Jason. He had no idea what could have caused the explosion, but perhaps El did. With that in mind, Jason looked over to El and spoke.

"What was that?", Jason asked El.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

El too could hear the explosion. She turned to look at the dim pillar of flame rising from the distance. Various thoughts crossed El's mind. The fire could've been caused by a sudden lightning strike, which means there's going to be a storm very very soon. It could also be the Red Baron bandits, blazing the forest to smoke her out and try to find her. It could, alternatively, be those mysterious enigmas that are chasing after this stranger. Either way, they needed to get out of here, fast.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it's not good." El grit her teeth. Her instinct suggested whatever caused that fire was malicious and was out to hunt something; or someone. She was already getting her foot ready to get out of the forest. "Come on, let's get out of here, fast."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

(Sorry for the short post. Nothing much to be said here, and I am struggling to find time right now.)

Whatever had caused the explosion was definitely not something he wanted to meet alone, and since it seemed that El did not want to visit the source of the explosion, he saw little choice but to follow El to the bandit camp, hopefully to a safer location.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Everbloom Forest l 1:23 AM

The pyromaniac still thirsting for blood walked towards her former objective. The area where the fight had just taken place was left burning. The ground was littered with blood ash and multiple corpses. Of cores Seki didn't know the men were alive and simply trapped in what many called the log out void. However it didn't feel like she was gaining any ground on the smell. The closer she got to it the farther away it went as if it were running in the opposite direction. She was sure she would catch them eventually so she kept moving at a normal pace as she tracked them with her nose/

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:47 AM

It took less time for El to get out of the forest than when she entered it. Perhaps it was because of her new companion keeping along with her speed working in some psychological way; perhaps it was the ominous pillar of flames that made her hurry out of there; perhaps it's something else. Either way, by the time El and Jason was completely out of Everbloom Forest, she was covered with sweat as she stopped and doubled over, panting and trying to catch a breath.

"Ha... ha..." El gasped. She hasn't overexerted herself like this for a long time; running for an hour straight with a still heated body would cripple any men; the fact that she was able to: run away from a bandit camp almost unarmed, sprint to the heart of the forest, and race back to the rolling hills of Residuum Steppes; it was very impressive. She looked over her shoulder at Jason. "Damn... ha... you still there?"
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:47 AM

"Yea, I'm still here... Are you alright?", Jason asked as he slowed to a stand beside her.

Unlike El, Jason did not appear to be tired. If anything, it looked as if he had walked the entire way.
                sigpic

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:48 AM

"Yeah I just... ha- give me a moment- hahn-" El excused herself as she declined to a sitting position, trying to recover from her little session. "I haven't (ha-) exerted myself like this (ha-) in a long ass time..."

After regaining her composure, El rose from her sitting position and, addressing Jason, pointed at what looked like a small, crudely built wooden cottage that hid the Red Baron bandits' underground hideout. Judging by the distance, El estimated about 20 minute walk. "Right. See that place over there? That's where we're going next. We should probably hurry, if we don't want to get caught by whatever's at there."

El was about to head off, her breath still a bit heavy, when she realized that her new companion didn't even break a sweat. "So uh... if you don't mind me asking, how the hell are you still so energized?"
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Residuum Steppes | 1:48 am

Viruin had finally made it to the heart of the steppes. There wasn't much there, of course, but there were a number of stony ruins that had been generated when Aeterna was created. They would serve as an excellent camp for Viruin as he planned out Tyruss's downfall. Before he could get very far, though, something caught his eye. Off in the distance: Two people running... one of them clearly using speed magic, the other... a naked woman? Speed magic was dangerous and he knew nothing about this woman, so he decided he would follow from a distance and ambush them if necessary instead of take them head on.
                    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Explosion site - Everbloom Forest | 1:48 am

Suddenly Sidna hear a loud explosion coming from somewhere in the deeper in the forest. She didn't know exactly what is was, but she made sure to be careful. She climbed up into one of the trees to get a better look in the direction she had heard the explosion. She didn't see much else, except for a bit of smoke coming out of the forest a bit further away. She quickly weighted her options before deciding. Either she could continue going the way she already was, or she could head towards the explosion. While it still wasn't completely sure what type of magic the guy that escaped had, it most likely wasn't fire magic, as there weren't any burn marks on any of them. On the other hand, a explosion rarely happens by itself. While she didn't know who was over there for sure, she knew that there were someone over there. In the end, Sidna began running towards the explosion, it was much fresher, and not as hard to follow, besides, she didn't have to use the dog.

After running for a good distance, Sidna finally reached the place the explosion had happened at. There were burned bodies all over the place the place, many of them were now unrecognizable. Either it was the guy she had been chasing that had killed the ones around her too, doing a completely 180 in terms of style, or it was someone else. Sidna walked a bit away from the area and then took a minute to catch her breath. If she were going to fight, she had to be ready, especially considering how the area looked. After that, Sidna used the dog to track the person that did this, there weren't any more smoke around, and so things would get a bit harder again from here.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:48 AM

"Oh, uhh...", Jason uttered as he fumbled for an answer, looking somewhat silly as he did so.

To be perfectly honest, Jason didn't know whether or not he should reveal his abilities to El. He trusted her somewhat, but he couldn't help but feel a little hesitant to reveal that his magic type was unlike what others tended to have. It wasn't like he thought she would turn on him at the first opportune moment, but after killing Tyrrus's men, he felt like a fugitive that needed to remain secretive. The only thing he would say was rather vague.

"Well, I just happen to be really good at running.", Jason rather awkwardly said.
                        sigpic

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:49 AM

"Yeaaaah right. I call bullshit on that one." El chuckled, commenting on how vague and secretive Jason was with his answer. However, she didn't peruse into her companion's abilities any further. Trade secret: don't make the other person uncomfortable; lest risk yourself into an unnecessary conflict that may not be solved by words only. "Shall we walk then?"

El changed her pace into a brisk walk to conserve energy. The two were about to tackle a hideout crawling with bandits; she needed as much stamina as she could get. Walking through an unimpressive patch of rolling hills was going to prove boresome without a conversation, however, so El turned her head around and asked Jason.

"So, I don't think I got your name yet. What should I call you?"
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:50 AM

Jason simply rubbed the back of his head nervously as El saw right through his poorly constructed lie, but was relieved that she seemed to respect his need to be secretive. It at least put him at ease and allowed him to focus on her other question, his name. At this, he doubted he needed to lie to her. Just as long as he didn't reveal his last name, it would be harder to identify him out of all the other possible Jasons inhabiting the lands.

"My name's Jason.", he simply said.
                            sigpic

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:50 AM

"Jason. Cool name, nice to meet you." El greeted. That alone won't really suffice for a conversation, however. Her new companion was rather secretive about his background, so El decided to reveal some of her previous episodes. "I had a client named Jason, you know. Unlike you, this man was old, fat, and was probably perverted by the way he looked at me the first time we met. He wanted a forbidden tome written long before, hidden inside some musty old tomb."

El's vibrancy in her speech made it clear that she enjoyed Jason's companionship, even though he was mostly silent. She didn't know what he will do after they finished raiding the bandit camp; hopefully he stays with her; maybe join her on her treasure-hunting antics.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Residuum Steppes | Time: 1:51 AM

Jason was a little confused about how much of himself he should reveal, especially considering how open and friendly El seemed to him. On one hand, she might have been honestly grateful that he had helped her and had not taken advantage of her in her moment of weakness, but at the same time, he did not know what she would do if she learned that he had killed a group of Tyrus's men and now possibly had the entire empire after his head. For all he knew, she might just forget that he had helped her and would turn him in for favor or bounty. At the very least though, he still had the company of someone who seemed rather friendly and happy to have him around. With that in mind, Jason decided to ask more about her story.

"Forbidden tome? What happened after you handed it over?", Jason asked El.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X