X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Grove | Chronomacer's Tower

As the scene unfolded before him, Braum stood there holding shield up for a defensive wall in case Zena or Zero needed a quick retreat. However he was also ready to move if need be. Her words though. At the end of 'the winners are the ones who play smart' made Braum think even harder. He has strength, and experience but he doesn't have speed. So he'll definitely need to try hard to think of a plan to counter her. Deep down he did think that because Zena, Zero, and himself along with the currently unconscious Aion working together did give them an advantage in some way.

"Evil little girl... Why do you wish to bring such pain? Such... sadness? Were you not loved as child?" Braum asked, trying to get her to focus attention on him by asking a question that he hopes would strike deep. After all he thinks that maybe she's doing this because... she was never loved as a young child. To make this seem a bit more believable he lowered his defenses ever so slightly. As if he is literally trying to play as naive as possible to get Seki to more like target him. He's still ready as he still has his shield in front of him, and it's large enough to block a powerful blast head on... Braum also gave Zena a quick stare as if telling her to hide behind him.

Comment

Pine Grove | Bone dragon Fortress

Nodding to the words of the skeleton warrior, Nera took her blade and pointed it at him "Then let the nine be the witnesses of the mortal dance our blades and souls" she spoke reading her attack. It took some moments as both warriors were on their same spots, the yaju closing her eyes just for as she inhaled some air, but when she released that breath, her eyes opened and the fox made a quick dash towards the armored skeleton. The layered steel long sword´s tip touched the floor in an instant as it went on a upward arc on the middle of the black and white vixen´s target.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 4:17 PM

Azeruk was silent for just a moment as he tried to figure out the right words to say to Lavender without promising her that he would come back, but it was at this moment when he became resolute that he would come back. No matter what he would be up against, he would come back in one piece.

"I promise.", Azeruk finally said to Lavender before putting on his helmet, and once it was in place, Azeruk suddenly disappeared.

When Azeruk arrived at his home, he was greeted to the sight of a battle. As it turned out, that explosion was indeed from Seki, but it appeared that she had nearly killed a person out of a group of adventurers. Azeruk watched as the battle unfolded, the chaos that unfolded in front of him. Soon, the adventuring party split into two groups, one heahing into the bone dragon's fortress, and one after Seki into his tower. Azeruk was tempted to help with the bone dragon, due to it being Seki's primary transportation, but there was no garuntee that killing the dragon would hinder the necromancer. Instead, it would have been better to kill Seki and have the bone dragon die from being severed from its master. With that in mind, Azeruk made the decision to chase after Seki. After the group ran in to catch her, Azeruk followed behind.

As the group ran through the halls of his home, Azeruk followed stealthily behind, taking care not to be noticed by the adventurers or Seki. Eventually, the group stopped in one of the large rooms of his home, and were caught in a stalemate. It appeared that Seki had a man hostage and was intent on killing him. Azeruk did not want to reveal himself but if Seki actually attempted to kill the man, then he would have no choice.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Pine Grove - Chronomancer's Tower

Zero smiled when Seki said his new strength was that of a pebble. Wind came from his sword and ripped the orb apart, which caused an explosion and blew Zero back some. His sword flew out of his hands and landed next to Zena. "Guess I have no choice now." Zero thought and leaned forward with his claws backwards. "HAAAAAA!!!!!" He yelled as he swung his arms in an X motion and caused a few wind arcs that hit Seki. Zero is now panting from all the aeromancy used so far.
          Last edited by Zekai; 12-22-2015, 01:07 AM.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

In her current state, Seki barely had any time to react. If the dragon boy hadn't stopped to talk to his friends or call out the name of his attack, then he might have been able to suprise her. However, Seki had more than enough time to sense what was going on, and while she didn't know for sure what she was in for she had a good idea of how to counter it. A dark aura formed around the necromancer while the boy was talking to his friends and quickly expanded to cover about three feet of space in all directions, forming a spear around the necromancer.

This aura wouldn't stop the dragon boy however, in fact he could easily pass through it without being stopped or slowed in the slightest, however that didn't mean going within the aura was a good idea. Seki's aura drained life from anything inside of it in order to heal her own wounds, in close ranged combat this could be used to mirror damage onto her enemy while quickly healing even fetal injuries. the aura however couldn't be used for very long in her current form without forcing her to do something she wasn't' willing at the moment. So as soon as the boy's attack was finished she would have to turn it off. Seki would still be lightly damaged from the attack as there wasn't much life left to drain from the boy and thus there wasn't enough to fully restore her to full health.

However all of the damage that wodl have been done to Seki would then be transferred to Zero instead, This would leave Seki unharmed and leave the boy either dead or dying depending on how damaging the attack was. "As i said before. CHECKMATE! Wars are won not by strength alone but by the mind behind that strength. Brute force may work on common thugs but it won't work on me. NOW! where was I?... Oh right. The necromancer aimed two fingers at the downed chronomancer from before and aimed an attack directly at his head. It would be enough to penitent his skull and kill him but it wouldn't do much else. Azeruk would have more than enough time to save him. Seki was trying to eliminate her foes one by one so there wouldn't be enough left to oppose her.

Mr.Socks wasn't done just yet. With one final act he used his telepathic powers to quickly move his ax towards the fox in an oppose motion against her blade. However the skeletons final efforts would only graze the fox as she was too quick on her feet. she may have taken some minor damage but she would be mostly unharmed. Mr socks however wasn't so lucky. With the swordsmen holding him in place, he was unable to move and was thus cut in half. His upper half fell from his body while his legs were still standing thanks to the weight of the armor creating a perfect balance. M Socks was not permanently dead, however he was left in a position where he could no longer fight back. Nera could simply take his key and be on her way or she could kill him and then take it. Mr Socks laid still and awaited his fate. "Well played."
            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 12-22-2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

The fox winced at the cut that the axe made on her shoulder, it just graced the skin and made a long, but superficial cut, yet her attack was victorious as the skeleton Warrior fell in half, she couldn´t help but give him a faint smile of respect "You also gave an impressive effort in this battle" she said kneeling next to him. "But now I have two questions if you would give me the fortune of your knowledge" she spoke and lifted the key on his neck.

"What is inside the chest that is locked by this key?" she asked gesturing to the chest that no matter how strong her water magic was, the lock stood strong "And what do you know of the Nechromancer female?" Nera gave Mr. Socks the benefit of the doubt.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

As the battle began to unfold, Azeruk saw that Seki was more powerful than what her appearance suggested. He did not know how powerful she was, but if he were to help these people, they would make the job he was here to do much easier. As Azeruk contemplated this, one of the group tried to intervene against Seki and her attack, but was promptly and swiftly dealt a mortal blow, one that would kill him if left untreated. At the same time, Seki had unleashed her other attack at the man taken hostage. Even though Azeruk was in a state where time looked slower to him, Seki's attack was still moving at a rather alarming speed, fast enough that Azeruk did not have much time to act.

Both people were sure to die if Azeruk did not act, so taking that into mind, Azeruk remained in a time-shifted state and ran over to Zero as he pulled out a jar from his travel pack with a strange red liquid contained within. As soon as he passed by Zero, Azeruk threw the bottle down against Zero's chest, shattering the glass and spilling the liquid against Zero. The glass shattered and disintegrated into a fine white powder before mixing with the red liquid, and when it did, the healing potion's effects were boosted.

As Zero's injuries began to quickly regenerate, Azeruk sprinted after the destination of Seki's projectile, Aion, and as soon as he positioned himself between Aion and the blast of energy, Azeruk held out his hand and resumed time for the concentration he would need.

*BOOM*

(Listened to this to help me get into the mood of posting, but I also find that it fits rather well with the situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_yKzrR_cc)

A cloud of dust from the old floor erupted into the air as the projectile reached Aion, and it had appeared that Seki's attack had caused a small explosion of some kind. It was only when the dust settled that the group could see a man at least six feet tall and clad in heavily plated, bronze-colored armor in the path of the projectile, only the black orb was also present, frozen in time with the man's open armored hand aimed at it.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Needless to say, the necromancer didn't expect the armored chronomancer to show up at the last second. Seki was just as surprised as everyone else. Azeruk had managed to save not one but both of the worriers whom had been badly injured. However even though she was shocked by this, her facial expression stayed normal. "You people keep popping up like pests." She paused and sighed dramatically "It would seem I'm losing my touch at genocide."

"Three of you from the front and two from the rear. Two chronomancers, and aeromancer and a paladin, all against one sweet adorable innocent little girl. That hardly seems fair. Lets even the playing field shall we?" She smiled and snapped her fingers. A few of the lost souls that had once possessed her undead worries leaped into the bodies of the fallen guardian golems. Two of them quickly got up, their parts seeming broken but they were somehow still moving. the metal creatures seemed to be in a great amount of pain and agony as they moved into a fighting position. "Much better." Seki then prepared herself, forming dark magic in the palms of her hands and waiting for one of them to make the first move.

Meanwhile Zena looked on as she watched the events that followed the dragon boy's defeat. Everything was happening so quickly that it was almost too much to take in. There were now golems approaching Zena and Braum from behind while the other approached form behind Azeruk and Aion. With their attention divided, it would surely be a lot harder to fight the necromancer. ("She's clever. But if the five of us work together...") "Armored stranger. I don't know who you are, but thank you for saving my friends." She said to him as she turned her blade to focus on the golem, hoping Braum would keep her safe from any magic attacks that the might pull.

The top half of the skeletal worrier laid still as the key was removed from his neck. He knew he had lost and there was no point of struggling against two enemies he had no chance of besting. "I'm afraid even I do not know what the young mistress keeps locked in that chest. The lock is merely a trap, the box opens when the runes on the key touch the ones inside the lock. There is no need to even turn the key once inside. This way we would always know when someone is trying to force the box open. A rather clever trap If i do say so myself."

"As for the young mistress. I've been in her serves for as long as I can recall. What do you wish to know about her?"
                  Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 12-16-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Taking the key with care, the yaju looked at the chest and at the key again "This would probably bring more problems, but it could also give me more answers" she spoke to herself as she looked at the skeleton "Anything you would like to share would be good for understanding this Nechromancer female, so I would like to know what information you got of her."

Nera then walked towards the chest and tried to feel it´s magic with her heightened senses, it took effort because of how complex it was and there was the fact that she was still recovering from the fight she just had, but there they were, the sygils placed both in the lock mechanism and the key itself, if her idea worked, the black and white vixen would have what she wanted.

taking one end of the key, the yaju touched the lock and slowly inserted it inside the mechanism, she still was prepared to move away from a possible trap.
                    Last edited by Kristia; 12-16-2015, 05:03 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Mr. Socks simply chuckled at the girl's question for a moment. the man who had helped her sat down to rest his still weak body while Nera fiddled with the box. Just as the skeleton had said, the box opened the moment the key was pushed inside. However the only thing inside the chest was a worn and torn book with the label long since faded away. However despite it's appearance the book wasn't falling apart, in fact for such an old tome it seemed to be in great condition.

Mr. Bones took a moment to stare at the small book that not even he had known about before speaking again. "I was the first undead my master summoned. I've known her longer than anyone, living or dead that still exists in this realm. It would take months for me to tell you everything I know about the young mistress, so please be specific with your questions."

Comment

The yaju looked at the book and it took her some moments to get back on reality ("This tome.. it looks so simple, but also..") her thoughts were interrupted as it suddenly got her "This can´t be, is this.. one of the ancient tomes?" she asked herself feeling the magic and age of the book, her senses were feeling, she just knew it was possibly one of them. Nera looked at the warrior, but had the idea that he may not know much about it, so she went for her other question "What is the purpose for the Nechromancer? why is she here and what is she planning to do in this campaign of hers?"

Spoiler:

Comment

So much was going on before Braum, and in fact it was a little too much for the large man. However he did not waver as he got into a defensive position as he saw and heard the two golems which sounded to be screaming in agony. Braum was definitely ready to fight until the very end if it means helping to defend the others and stop this necromancer girl. It was clear that Braum was ready for any magical attacks from the front.. and he had a bit of a plan.

"Elf girl. I has plan. Can you handle being creepy things while Braum works?" Braum asked as he got ready for... something that was rather hard to read or predict.

Comment

IC: Sanctuary REVAMPED

Pine Grove

When Saru didn't immediately respond, Achlys grew concerned. "Huh? Where-" she glanced about frantically trying to find out where he went before finally seeing him climbing to the fortress.

"Hey! Wait up!" She cried out but didn't expect her voice to carry. Muttering something about monkeys under her breath while she rallied her undead, she then prepared to have the skeletons carry her as if they were a single conglomerate of bones so as to quickly climb the dragon to reach the fortress above.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-27-2015, 05:32 AM.

Comment

(Cucoo's reservation is long over due so i'm posting

Zena wasn't sure how well she would fare against fighting a metal guardian. Her blade was sharp but against... brass? she wasn't sure how well it would hold up. But perhaps using her magic she could find a way to free the trapped soul. "I can hold... at least one of them off for now. Whatever you're planning you better act quickly." The girl said as she put her faith in the large bearded man. The braze elven worrier then charged in towards the golam, However she didn't strike at it. she waited for the golams counter attack and then quickly evaded it before making a small slash at one of it's sides. This did very little damage bt it was enough to get the spirit's attention on her for a bit.

Meanwhile the other golam moved close and close to Aion and Azeruk as it prepared to attack. Seki was still standing firm and vigilant, knowing full well that despite the current situation, she was still surrounded.

Truthe be told, this was the first time Mr. Socks had laid eyes on the book as well. The skeleton tried to answer the Yaju's question to the best of his ability. "The mistress is here searching for the magic tome of chronomancy. She's part of a group of sorts. There are seven of them. One for each type of magic. And all of them are very powerful. Their leader sent my mistress here to get the book for him. In exchange he promised to give her the location of the tome of necromancy."

Comment

"The amcient tomes of magic, huh? Whoever that being is, having one of the tomes is already a dangerous thing, but all of them would be disastrous with the pull they had for anyone that can sense magic" the yaju spoke picking up the book with caution and slowly opening the cover.

"And why the uneccessary destruction? Countless of lives could be lost with that show on the city nearby."

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X