X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:45 PM

Home... the purple haired girl was still smiling, but on the back of her mind, an image of the burning Rivendale manor still lingered. This reminded her of her master; oh how worried he must be. She made a resolution to see him again, possibly with this metal man's help.

"Okay! I'm actually a little bit hungry too, but I'm not going to ask for food. Master said begging is bad." The purple haired girl smiled, ready to follow Azeruk. "I got some shiny things from these nice people. They said I can 'buy' something. What's 'buy'?"

Sky Spear Tree | Tenma's Court

Deep in the Quill Jungle rests the towering city of trees known as Tenma's Court. The denizens live in the tree houses that are built on and around the giant trees in different elevations. The tallest of the trees is called the Sky Spear Tree, for it appears as if it pierces the sky from the distance. It is here where Tenma, chief-mayor of the Tenma's Court and a respected figure among the Yajus. Nevertheless, there are also his concubines, his offsprings, and his servants residing in the multiple tree houses as well, including Kazeane, Tenma's youngest daughter, who's... throwing a sort of temper tantrum.

"Why?!" Kazeane flailed, thrashing in her bed. "Uuuuuu! Dammit, I want to go on an adventure too! Why did he have to send all the brothers but NOT ME?"

She sat up suddenly and stared at herself in the mirror. The thrashing made her dress haphazardly hanging by one shoulder, revealing a whole lot of cleavage. She didn't bother fixing her dress or her hair as she thought for a little bit. How can she embark on her own adventure? Surely she can't persuade her father anymore; he would just laugh it off and say she's not ready. None of his concubines had the power to help her... that means there's only one other option.

"Heeeeeey Takeshiiiiiiiii-" Kazeane called for her bodyguard who should be standing right outside her room keeping guard. "Come inside I gotta ask you somethiiiiiiiiing."

Gnomeregan | Lesser Spine

Gnomeregan. The city of the elusive and technologically advanced gnomes. Although not a lot of denizens of Lore knew about them, Gnomeregan was still a very bustling city of trade and progress. Located deep in the Lesser Spine, the location of this city is not well known yet, but one person knew where it was like the back of his hand.

"It's been a while since I've come here." Kimley the goblin trader chuckled as he stopped his giant cart in front of Gnomeregan's sliding gate, awaiting company. He sat down, twiddling his rather skinny thumb, as he looked up with his brilliant yellow eyes, his dark brown hair tied into a rather long ponytail.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:45 PM

After picking up his helmet from the ground, Azeruk began to walk towards his home, but when he heard the strange girl's question, he stopped to turn and look at her rather incredulously, then with slight confusion.

"Buy?... You don't know what 'buying' is?", Azeruk asked the girl in a curious and confused tone before thinking for a moment.

If the girl did not know what "buy" meant, then that meant that she was very naive, possibly either sheltered her whole life, or she was younger than she looked.

"You.. you haven't been around and experienced the world much, have you?", Azeruk asked the girl before continuing, "Well, 'buying' something is to exchange money or something of value for something you either require or desire. Those 'shiny things' those people gave you are called coins and have an exact value, and based on what you are trying to 'buy', certain people would be willing to trade items for those coins. It's a little more complicated than that because each colored coin has a different value, but I can tell you about that after we eat. As for food, there is no worry. I can get you something to eat too."

Meanwhile, Takeshi could hear Kazeane shouting in her room, quite obviously angry about having to stay at home while her brothers went on an adventure. It wasn't hard to hear her cursing her fathers decision from where he was standing, and all he could do was let out a faint sigh as he rolled his eyes. Even though he had the duty of guarding Kazeane for just over a century, he still had times when he would find her behavior rather... strange. Of course, even though he found some of her habits and behaviors to be odd or disagreeable, that didn't really stop the two of them from becoming friends after the last century. Just then, Takeshi heard Kazeane call for him from inside her room.

"Heeeeeey Takeshiiiiiiiii. Come inside I gotta ask you somethiiiiiiiiing."

Upon hearing that, Takeshi turned to face the door, opened it up, and walked inside.

"Yes Kaze?", Takeshi asked her as he entered the room.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:46 PM

"Really?" The purple haired girl stared at Azeruk, first in confusion, then with joyous, thankful glee. She still didn't know what buying exactly meant, but she now had a slight idea of its' concept. That, and the fact that Azeruk is offering her free food without her begging for it made her very glad to meet him. "Thank you so much! Master told me to thank those that give me free things!"

Kazeane smiled lightly when Takeshi entered her bedroom. A thought about Takeshi being almost two thousand years older than her and yet looking only about 2 or 3 years older than her crossed the back of her mind as she left her bed.

"Okay so, Takeshi, here's the plan. Kazeane offered. "I want to go on an adventure, but Tenm- I mean, my father, is not letting me. Do you think you can maybe... sneak me out of this place so I can?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:46 PM

"He sounds like a very polite man. I think I'll enjoy meeting him when we find him.", Azeruk said to the girl as they continued to walk to his tower.

As they slowly made their way to Azeruk's home, he quickly realized that he didn't even know this girl's name. Not only that, he forgot to introduce himself. Just then, Azeruk turned to face the woman he had recently met and spoke up.

"That actually reminds me that I never properly introduced myself. My name is Azeruk.", Azeruk said to the girl, "What's yours?"

Upon hearing Kazeane's request, Takeshi could crossed his arms as he let out a small sigh. He had a feeling that she would ask something like this of him, but he still thought that her request was rather senseless.

"Kaze, you know I can't do that. Not only would it put me at risk of losing my job, it would put you in unneeded danger.", Takeshi said to Kazeane.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival

Saru took the gold that Zena handed him, and as she pointed and explained where to go and what to do, he looked and examined the gold coins. There is just something he likes about the look of coins of gold. Either way Saru took the gold coins sighed and nodded, taking off to the fortune teller as Zena went off to do her own bit of work.

"I better get something out of this Fortune Teller." Saru spoke to himself as he begrudingly made his way to the Fortune Teller's location.

Comment

Gnomeregan

Gelbin finished wiping the blood off of his Mechano-Strider, as a result of the troll's still bleeding head. He always wondered what the bounty masters did with those kinds of trophies. Bruenor came back with a mile on his face.

"A nice city ye got here, Gelbin." Bruenor replied.

Gelbin mirked a little at that. "You haven't even seen the whole city itself, and you're impressed with the entrance? I didn't know dwarves were this easy to impress."

"Ye don't need to see a whole city to get a feel for it, ye know." Bruenor glanced over to the incoming caravan, a large cart almost rolling up next to them. Bruenor looked to Gelbin. "I need to talk to ye in a bit, but first, ought to spend some of this money."

This comment would likely be in earshot of several of the caravans, who, being the money-grubbing people they are, suddenly looked a lot more friendly.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:47 PM

"Name?" The purple haired girl stared. Name. She had a name. Her master gave it to her, saying it fit her very well. But for some reason, even though she could memorize everything else if given a few minutes to regurgitate it, she could never remember her name. Ever. "I... I have a name but... I can't remember what it is. It started with an M though."

The girl started giggling suddenly. "Hehe, Azeruk... it's a funny name, just like Master's name! He said his name was Jeremy... tee hee, so funny!"

"BUT TAKESHIIIII" Kazeane stomped on the floor. She looked like a young adult; the figure behind her thin dress said it all, but she acted like a kid. Those who tended to Kazeane as a guard would feel like their task is less of a bodyguarding and more of a babysitting. "You know how good I am with my swords and magic, right? Then why can't I look for this stupid Sky Demon Orb, anyway? ANSWER ME THAT QUESTION, TAKESHI! I WANNA KNOW!"

Gnomeregan | Lesser Spine

Indeed, other caravan traders began suiting themselves up to sell whatever they had in stock. However, Kimley wasn't interested in setting up shop outside the gates; he was more looking forward to buy things from this trip. Still, can't hurt to see if he can't earn himself a few coins.

"Care to take a look at my wares?"

"Come here! I got plenty of good things for a fine dwarf like you!"

"Screw that noise! I'll give ya a personal discount!"

Other caravans outside the gates of Gnomeregan hollered to call upon the dwarf's attention. Kimley however knew that doing so would only attracted flimsy, light-eared people. Doubtful customers would take their solicitation as a fraudulent act. For a dwarf with such a stature, Kimley only had to sit inside his cart and look diligent to earn his trust. It's a trade secret he learned over the 80 years of being a traveling merchant.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Gnomeregan

The discordant melody of pleading voices bounced past the dwarf, and just as Kimley anticipted, the staunt dwarf came up to his cart, and glanced around a little.

"Ye look like ye got some interestin' wares. Anythin' someone like myself might find useful?" Bruenor asked Kimley.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sanctuary Castle - Throne Room

Six wasn't sure if the boy was just really humble in his actions, or if he was just being a kiss ass. Then again a kiss ass would have been after something and seeing as how Zero was trying to turn down his reward, it wouldn't really make sense. The queen gave a slight giggle from behinde Six, the pale skin on her cheeks flushing a light pink with the dragon boy's words.

"Keep saying these nice things about me and i might just make you the next king." She said with a wink and a giggle before letting the boys return to their conversation.

"Anyway to answer your question." Said Six as he spoke up. "My esper ability is one of a kind. Magine breaker they call it. It allows me to cancle out an magic or esper ability that i come into contact with. When you approached me just now i could feel my mind suppressing your wind aura away from me, that's how i could tell. There is a downside to tis power though. It cancels out the enchantments of any magical weapon i use, making daggers like thoses two on the floor useless to me. Anyway don't you need to give that note to the court mage?"

Sanctuary l Molack's Forge

The orc didn't turn his attention away from Zero's blade until he heared the woman speak. Looking up, he stared at her until she was done talking. Then once she was finished, he places the sword down and threw his hammer on his work bench before giving her weapon a closer look. He looked at the blade in almost disbelief for a short moment before speaking. Ancient yaju steel? This sword dates back all the way to the first era! For such an old weapon it's in great condition, Albeit a bit worn from years of use but it's been well kept. M'lady, anyone who treats her blade as well as ye is always welcome in my forge. Make yourself at home. I've got a few steel ingots for sale if you need em. Just let me know if you need anything." With that the orc went to return to his duties, eager to work on the half breed's blade again. But before he returned to his work station he turned back the the yaju fox once more and spoke. M'names Molack, Molack the blacksmith."

With the Apex distracted the elf girl quickly looked to the spirits around her. She asked them if there were any other exciting fight of compititions of that sort going on in the festival. they informed her as best they could about what was going on and where she could go to finnd each event. Even if the fortune teller was a complete fake, at least Zena would have somewhere to take the apex once he returned.

meanwhile when the apex arrived he was greeted by an elderly human looking woman. I say human looking because while most of her features wre that of a human female, human ears eyes hair ect, her face was another story. Her face was deformed and brused in several places. It looked as though her face skin had been stretched out and danced on. Her left eye was pure white and void of any pupil or iris and what few teeth she had were crooked and dirty. "WELCOME MY CHILD!" exclaimed the fortune teller as the boy walked near. "I've been exshpecting jyou. come come. Are you hear seeking the riches? Or do you seek, way to help thoses who count on you? the coice, is yours!"

Even the way the woman spoke was creepy. it was like she was being possessed by some sort of evil spirit, but even before the apex spoke she already knew wheat he was looking for. Clearly there were some the to her powers. But who was it that was relying on Saru? what id they need and how could they help him? this woman may have been the key to remembering why he came here and finding a way to accomplish his mission... On the other hand she could also lead him to greater riches if he so desired. Or maybe if he were willing to pay her with the ruby he had gained she would be willing to give him more information that she woudl for just the two gold coins. It was all up to Saru.

Comment

"I shall thank you master smith, my name is Nera" the yaju responded as she took off her cloak to not cause any unwanted accident, revealing her arm-less vest that had two belts in an X form, both belts had small bottles of different liquids strapped on the belts (think of shotgun belts, but with liquid bottles). The fox first looked at her blade, she indeed needed one ingot, so she took some coins from her bag and put them on a nearby table for the orc to see them, she then took an ingot to start her work.

"I must say that having old traditions is great, but I must ask" Nera spoke while tending with her blade as she heated it "Have you seen some innovations in the metallurgy works? I have avoided those *fast* methods that obviously create objects with less materials, but with terrible quality, although there had been other methods like anvils and furnaces of other metals that actually bring different results to the final results"
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

A deep, rough chuckle escaped the orc's voice as he spoke with Nera. It seemed he was rather enjoying the company. Especially from such a beautiful fox at that. There were plenty of women that visited his forge for weapons, but very rarely did any of them stop by to actually work on a weapon themselves. This was a rare treat indeed. Of cores when the yuja fox mentioned the latest innovation in weapon smithing, Molack was all too happy to share his wisdom. "ay, kids these dayss think they can pour molten metal into a mold based off a real weapon and call it a sword. Any real blacksmith'll tell ya. Real weapons are forged with the soul." He said as he got back to work himself, repairing the jin crafted blade as he had been before. "But there was this one blade i made aout two years back, now that was special."

"A Noblemen visited my forge looking for someone capable of making some 'ultimate weapon' . Eager to live up to my father Dunclaw's expectations, i accepted the challenge." If the fox tengu were well versed in the history of the fourth era she might have recognized the name Dunclaw as the same blacksmith who forged the sword used by Artix in his fight against Elivana. But even if she wasn't she would probably have heard rumors about his steel.

"I can only imagine the determination and patience it took the noblemen to acquire all that he had. We had to travel to a special forge in the mountains used by the dwarves to smelt mithril just to get started. Even then the forge alone wasn't' enough. See in order to make the forge work like we wanted it to, we had to collect a heap of dragon cinders and then they had to be refined into hell fire cinders We used that special forge to melt the orichalcum ore into a fine liquid. The blade was crafted with the disgin of a yun katana but with the soul of an orc.

the noblemen mixed a few materials them alchemists use to make their potions. Some strange silver powder and a gem he claimed contained the soul of a dragon all went into the creation of the blade. I tell ya what, that M'lady was a weapon and blacksmith could have been proud of" The orc stopped his story there in fear that his tiresome rambling was beginning to bore the fox yja. If she were interested in the story he was certain she would ask him more about it.

Comment

Zero was surprised when the queen said something about becoming king. "I'm not fit to be a king." He said and then Six explained about his esper powers. "Esper, that makes since." He said softly to himself. Six mentioned about the note for the court mage. "That's correct, I do need to find the court mage. Queen, Sir guard, please excuse me." Zero said as he stands up and turns around to his right so his back faces them and starts walking back towards the female guard that escorted him earlier. "If you would please help me find the court mage, it would be appreciated." He said to her.
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Eatos seemed a bit disappointed that the dragon boy took her words so literally. Her comment was meant to be more of a joke towards Zero about the queen wanting to marry him for all the nice things he was saying. Of cores it was only a joke but it seemed it was lost to the dragon boy. The queen and Six returned to what they had been doing before the fox yaju came in while the female guard from before stood at the doors waiting to lead the dragon boy back outside once he was finished. She didnt' want him getting lost on the way back or anything.

Upon hearing the boy's request, the guard woman just pointed to the left of the room, towards a hallway that lead to the left wing of the castle. Just follow that hallway until you find the court mage's room. Big door with a crescent moon, lots of books inside. You can't miss it. I would take you myself but I need to get back to my post. Good luck traveler."

Comment

As Saru entered the Fortune Teller's little area, Saru was caught off guard by the Fortune Teller's... unsightly appearance. This was indicated by his reaction which was one of disgust actually. Clearly he was unsettled... and unfortunately not afraid to speak his mind.

"I apologize for my words that I will be speaking now, but your face looks like mashed bananas." Saru said as he turned away a little, still facing the Fortune Teller, he did step forward a bit.

"However I did say my apologies and I do not mean you any ill-intentions, but I do ask for my fortune of riches and glory. I was informed you could tell me such things along my path in the future. I also was told that you might help me to remember why I came here... So begrudingly I will... pay with my ruby and coins. Tell me both fortune telling lady!"

Comment

Sanctuary Castle - Hallway

"I understand, thank you for your help." Zero said and bowed his head and started to walk down the hallway. It's been a few minutes since Zero left the throne room. "Man, that was nerve racking. Never thought I would.meet the queen herself." Zero said as he sighs to calm down. "Big door with a crescent moon." He said looking at the doors as he walks by them. "Ah, here?" He asks himself as he arrives in front of a big door with a crescent moon. -knock knock knock- "Excuse me, I'm on an errand for Molack. May I enter?" He asks.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X