• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks interesting so I guess I'll do a thing

Thing in progress, please wait warmly

Comment

Originally posted by Amaterasu no Akane View Post
      Can't wait for the IC to start. This RP's gonna be real great!

EDIT: Got an idea for a location.
      Again, feedback is highly encouraged:

Spoiler: Location idea

Name: Sentrios

Appearance (on map):

Description: Sentrios is a medium-sized island slightly south of Haven. It's known for it's rather large saltwater lake located down in the center, and is a huge vacation spot for many people, be it citizen, hunter, huntress, etc. During the Kishin invasion, it recently became a huge warzone, due to the school of Mortfall doing continuous bombing to keep the Kishin menace at bay. Currently, the Kishin are found at highest density to the west of the island, in the deserts and wastelands. However, it's still safe inland, due to the surrounding mountains and the magnificent defenses of Firefall. Due to this, Sentrios is still thriving as a go-to vacation spot due to the influx of hunters and huntresses.

Climate: Tropical

Miscellaneous: The deserts of Sentrios have a low radiation level due to the continuous bombardment from Firefall, making it quite dangerous for the average citizen to visit. However, Borea Plateaus, the northernmost desert, is free of radiation, due to the lower amounts of Kishin, thus being ignored by Firefall. Soldiers from Lodestar may visit from time to time to clear out the Kishin in the area.
      Love it, I'll be adding that in

Comment

Got some more location ideas (some continents)

Spoiler:

Name: Gale

Description: Gale is a continent located northeast of Haven. It's home to several combat schools and a powerful army known for it's use of synthetic troops; not just that, but it's also one of the biggest suppliers of troops to the entirety of (Planet name, we're gonna go with "Earth" for now) Earth, due to a risk-free deployment of soldiers to combat Kishin. It's schools are the most militant of Earth, due to the government and military being affiliated with it during the Kishin invasion. It's not particularly known for it's beautiful land, due to it's desolate and harsh climate: cold, unforgiving, and very unpredictable. Facing freezing winters and harsh summers, it makes it a perfect place to train soldiers, Hunters, and Huntresses.

Spoiler:

Name: New Gaia

Description: New Gaia is a nation which is mainly home to [many] Solaras and Ferens. South of Gale, it's a perfect environment for plants and animals alike, due to it's tropical climate. Although Solaras and Ferens can be found outside of New Gaia, many consider it their home, due to the vast generations of Solaras and Ferens living there. During the Kishin incident, New Gaia has mobilized an army and created combat schools to ward off the Kishins. Putting aside it's racial differences with the rest of Earth, New Gaia trains some of the finest hunters and huntresses to ward of the Kishin menace. As said before, it's climate is tropical; not as hot as Gale's summers, New Gaia's climate is less harsh, giving advantage to the Solaras and Ferens living there, due to it's abundance of resources. Despite this, one can find not as many Kishin here, due to the synergistic adaptations of the Solaras and Ferens.

Spoiler:

Name: Udesai

Description: Udesai is a continent located west of Gale. Just like Gale, it has an unforgiving climate. However, it's, in particular, teeming with Kishin, due to the army and government fleeing to Haven after the Kishin appeared. Right now, it is under anarchy, being the "no man's land." It's a perfect hunting spot for hunters and huntresses, due to the high influx of jobs requesting a rescue, extraction, or any of the sort that involves going in Udesai. For now, Udesai is filled with Kishin, being a high level threat to novice and amateur hunters. Despite the government and army fleeing to Haven, there are still settlements full of people that haven't been evacuated, being a prime target for Kishin. Albeit dangerous, this makes a perfect opportunity for an expert hunter to demonstrate their skills.

I'll try to post a map of my concept once I'm finished with it. You many use it as you see fit; feel free to edit it if you feel a need to do so.

For now, I'll place this instead of my map.
        Spoiler:

Name: Aestheticslovaniaromanuvaporland (otherwise known as 美的420蒸気波のNEWマッキントッシュ)

Description: This continent is clouded with a strange purple tint. Kishin that enter the continent seem to become Roman statues and will often proceed to make themselves "aesthetically pleasing." The threat level is tremendously low; it would be detrimental for even a novice hunter to hone their skills in the country. The Kishin found here are remarkably strange, due to their harmless state and strange music emitting from their arms. All continents decide to leave this continent alone due to it's negative threat level.
        Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
        rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Can't thank you enough for all the help. I'm gonna go back later and make up what the culture is like for all the locations later. But before i do I thought I would see if you had any input, since you did make the large majority of them.

Comment

I'd say the culture would be up to you for the final decision; if any the only thing I would suggest that New Gaia would be highly Japanese in terms of buildings and culture, and that Gale would be a bit like Atlas from RWBY. Anyway, getting late for me, bed's calling, goodnight!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
            Spoiler:

Comment

UPDATE: Alright, finished working on the continental map:
              Spoiler: Map

The black lines are the borders between the continents.

That's gonna be it for now, I have a week of school ahead of me. Have a good one.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Haven looks a biiiit small in that. Still that's very impressive. I'm going to finish off the OOC tonight

Also for all of you patiently waiting for the IC, sorry I've been holding off on it but as of right now both teams have people still working on their apps so If i were to start it now some people would either get left behind or rush their app in a panic to avoid just that.

That being said. If they aren't ready by Thursday I'll bring up the IC in prolog mode. Basically porolog mode would be a small introduction where some of the characters can interact with one another while the rest of us are waiting. Then when everyone is ready we can start the main event.

Comment

I'm almost done with mine. Just need to finish the bio and that's it.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Oh small correction to what I said, haven looks just fine. I didn't realize the other land masses in the borders counted as well. It's all good though.

Also Zekai I can help with the bio if you like.

Comment

I got most of it done. I just need to do her school life until now.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Effing finally, both apps are done

and Tewi, how much damage can Amelia cause to her co-teacher? because having a pervert close to the blonde will have bad consequences
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I imagine it being like one of those generic animu situations where it doesn't matter how much damage she dose to him cause cartoon. also he's a very skilled fighter so he's durable enough to take a good hit or two.

Comment

*imagines a Team rocket style of being send to the sky..* ok ^^
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Cleaned up app:
                              Spoiler: Miu Akiyama and Cruor Rosa

Team: Starlight

Name: Miu Akiyama Cruor Rosa

Race: Human A synthetic blood rose parasite

Appearance: Miu normally wears a long-sleeved white button-up shirt under a black blazer with thin yellow borders, a golden lightning bolt pin in her left lapel, and a crimson tie. She wears a black pleated skirt again with yellow borders. She wears black thigh-high stockings and black leather steeltoed boots. Her black hair is lower back length and a hime cut. Her eyes are crimson and are usually unfocused unless she senses danger. She has the stature of a 14 year old.
                              tl;dr loli wearing mostly black clothes

Rosa's current form is a crimson rose that's worn on Miu's left arm, which has vines curling around it all the way to her shoulder, most of the vines are hidden by her sleeves. At her wrist, her skin and the vines seemingly flow into each other, creating the effect that Miu is part plant. Rosa can turn into a scythe by twisting vines around each other and creating a very large thorn at the end in the shape of the reaping blade.

Bio: Born in a small forest village in New Gaia, Miu is the daughter of one of the Lightning Sisters, a three-person cell that was known for using their amazing speed to slay kishins, which has since disbanded six years ago. Following her her mother's footsteps, Miu took up using a scythe as a weapon at an early age. The three members of the Lightning Sisters was as follows: Chie Akiyama, Miu's mother and a scythe wielder whose aura was to push her body to its limits, granting her supersonic speed and superhuman strength; Akane Akari, a feren who used claw weapons to tear up kishin while using her aura to jump through electricity towards targets; and Clover, a solaras with twin seven-shot revolvers and the aura to use the wind to propel herself.

Two years ago, Miu's mother, who became a scientist after her retirement from hunting, created a new prototype anti-kishin weapon by harnessing a new element discovered from the corpses of kishin. This element was used to create a sentient lifeform which they later housed in a blood rose and implanted into Miu's left arm to serve as her personal weapon and assistant. Miu was then put into Akari Academy, a kishin hunter school headed by another member of the Lightning Sisters, to test how well the new weapon worked. Due to Miu's training and Rosa's capacity to support, they quickly rose to the top ranks of the school. They later transferred to the more prestigious Balefire Academy after two years.

Miu is a very quiet and emotionless girl, almost never speaking or smiling and as such can't convey her thoughts very effectively. She enjoys pastries and chocolates can't resist having some if she's presented with the opportunity, especially if it's strawberry or milk chocolate. She's highly observant even if it doesn't look like she is. Her small stature allows her to move quickly and swiftly, but at the cost of strength and durability. She's left handed, meaning she's strong against right-handed people and weak against left-handed people, she did learn a small amount of defense using her offhand.

Rosa's aura and body is melded to Miu's, allowing her to sense what she senses and know what she's thinking. Rosa normally has to talk for Miu since she doesn't say anything. She is rather new to the human world and may not understand some things. Due to her being a parasite, she cannot survive if she leaves Miu or if Miu dies and thus only drains whatever is absolutely necessary for her to survive from Miu. She is a blood rose, meaning that she feeds on blood, which is why she's connected to Miu at her wrist and again at her shoulder. She can also absorb other blood, coloring the rose a deeper and deeper red, and grows stronger doing so but absorbing too much Kishin blood, causing the rose to turn black, causes her and Miu to go insane for a short time. The blade is in fact a large thorn of a rose in the shape of a scythe, but is also harder and sharper than steel.

Aura: Miu's Aura allows her to micromanage her own body, temporarily stopping unnecessary processes/using only what is necessary to survive and reallocate that energy and brain power to perform calculations and enhance her senses such as sight and hearing as well as give her a near instantaneous reaction time. This does use up a lot of energy however, so she can't use it that often.

Rosa's aura is more of a passive support aura, strengthening Miu and allowing her to take less damage from attacks.

Weapon: Cruor Rosa in her scythe form. Twisted vines form the handle and a long, thin thorn forms the blade.

Other gear: Extra blood bags, just in case. A small knife in a thigh holster if she ever needs it. Manga. Boxes of chocolates.

Secondary occupation: None

Reason for attending the academy: Personal improvement, mainly.

Extra classes and clubs: Close Combat, Kishin Biology
                              Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 03-24-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

@Lunasa: strangly similar to my own character. Perhaps we took inspiration from some of the same sources? Anyway it looks fine so far. Not to keen on the whole ancient spirit thing but it's not too far fetched i suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X