X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@trouble

My inspirations were Mabinogi for the spirit weapons, Skullgirls for the parasites, Soul Eater for the soul resonance kind of thing, Rakudai Kishi for Miu's aura, and Higurashi for the serious loli with a helper invisible to others.

I mean, I could just stay with the Skullgirls thing, but I kinda want an explaination for where the hell it came from and fossilized spirit weapons were the best. Then again, I could say a convenient thing like they simply made a sentient being.
    Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 03-07-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Ah there it is. I took insperation from soul eater, shuffle and a certain magical index.

Comment

App is finally up. Pg. 2 post #17.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Cleaned up app
          -Color coded Miu's and Rosa's parts
          -Redid Rosa's race and origin story to be as a result of an element derived from kishin
          -Added short descriptions of the Lightning Sisters if anyone cared
          -Forced my way into Zekai's team
          *Removed Herobrine

Comment

Team Starlight, huh
            Following RWBY rules from what we have currently, it would be:

Yuki
            Miu
            ??? (Cruor, lol)
            Azur

If someone made a character starting with the letter C, then it would be:
            Spoiler: Sh*tty joke incoming

i apologize i just had to
            Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 03-08-2016, 04:05 AM.
            Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
            rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

@Kristia: alright both your apps are just fine, they are accepted

@zekai: accepted

@lunasa: very interesting coice, accepted.

I'll put up the IC in prolog mode later tonight. I was absent all last night cause I had to rush my baby brother to the hospital. He's fine though, just had a stomach virus that caused him to be dehydrated.

I also need to figure out what on earth happened to s1. I haven't seen him in a few days now and i'm getting a bit worried so if anyone knows where he went please tell me ^^:

Comment

Setting up.

Spoiler: Concordance, the continent of opportunity, and Taiyo, the Land Blessed by Sun

Spoiler: Overview

Concordance is a large continent resting on the temperate climate zone above the equator. The continent remained uninhabited for many millennia until the civilized colonized the lands and sought after the continent's resources. The three nations that formed from the continent had different mindset of what they wanted, and a conflict broke out eventually from it. The dispute rages on even today, but the rise of the Kishin threat has caused the three nations to convene in a neutral nation of Taiyo, where all members of the three races that are tired of constant fighting immigrate to enjoy a harmonious life under the rule of a righteous human warlord family, the Itous.

Spoiler: History

Concordance originally did not have a name. It was an unknown frontier, vast and rich in its' environment. To the north blew the cold winds of tundra where only the most hardened animals and plants can survive. To the south beat the burning sunlight, fostering the growth of massive jungles and dry deserts alike. Everything in between was temperate, creating fertile lands with the help of myriads of lakes and rivers that flowed through the heart of the continent. Forests and mountains dotted the land as well, creating a very bountiful natural scenery. However, there were no civilized beings to appreciate the beauty; and call it their own, until the 1245 AD: when the first humans, Ferens, and the Solarans set foot on the mystical land.

The civilized beings eventually created three nations on the continent, each focusing on a different aspect on society. The Fough Kingdom to the north invested heavily in military science, with their signature Ironforge billowing smoke and fume constantly in its' never-ending smithing. The Kandian Society, meanwhile, believed in military wealth as they hoarded treasures and made economic treaties with other continents to stack their treasury. Finally, Piegan Empire looked to the divine power for answers, as their religious rituals and ceremonies developed in order to find the ultimate answer of life and death.

Over the next 400 years, the nations developed their own culture. The dispute would break out, however, as the three nations grew in size. By 1800s, the three nations were both aware of each other and, instead of thinking of ways to mutually prosper, the leaders of the three nations conspired to defeat the other two in warfare. On 1812, the Fough, hell-bent on conquest, declared war on the Kandian, which prompted the Piegan to join the war not too long after. The three nations were locked into a never-ending bloodshed.

By 1859, the three nations were knee-deep in war. While the battles happened infrequently, the tension was there every day. A few subjects in each nation even grew tired of all the conflict between the nations and fled. They secretly conspired with each other to form a new nation to the east side, where all kinds of people could live in harmony and freely express what they are interested in: whether it be science, engineering, mathematics, art, or something else. They recruited volunteers to help with developing the nation, slowly trickled some supplies away, and eventually formed a new nation without the other three even realizing it. They called the nation Taiyo, after the human language for sun. Kai'en Itou, an ex-military captain for the human legion, was voted to become the ruler of Taiyo, as he was the man who started it all: with his vision of a fair and equal nation.

By the time the three nations realized that a fourth nation was among them, it was too late. The nation of Taiyo has grown to become a smaller but more innovative and advanced nation than any of the three. The inhabitants all lived peacefully and in concord to one another, sharing their culture from the nations they came from to make something greater. They had a very beautiful, Oriental capital of Inja; a city built around a large lake with its' staple, trademark Castle Kokugatsu intimidatingly standing at the center of the lake: a miraculous engineering masterpiece. The Itou family held the title of Shirei: the highest ruler-in-command of Taiyo, with other families of different races serving as advisors, or Kubo. The nation believed mainly in the God of the Sun, Sora Kasai, with other lesser gods holding their own share of title and respect through rituals and worships. Trade and commerce fiercely went about in between Inja and the smaller cities on the outskirts, and the residents genuinely looked more thriving and happy.

If the three nations relinquished their pride and conspired together, they may have taken down Taiyo: a nation which was basically built by the rebels of the three nations. However, they could not bow their heads; they could only merely accept Taiyo as the neutral force, and continue their never ending warfare...

Or it would've been never ending if it wasn't for the Kishins.

The Kishin threat affected Concordance as well. All nations took an irreversible damage due to the Kishins' thrashes and outrages. It was, indeed, a harsh wake up call for the three nations, as they realized that it is perhaps time to cease the fighting and perhaps come to a temporary truce to get rid of the greater threat. However, the three nations knew that they would go nowhere without an arbiter to the peace negotiation. Taiyo and the Itou family were asked to become the neutral ground for the negotiation, and they gladly accepted. After all, peace between the three races is the reason why Taiyo was formed, after all. Meetings were quickly arranged in the city of Inja, where the three nations' leaders have never been to. They were impressed; no, absolutely amazed at the city and the culture that developed with it, leaving them in a rather fair mood for the negotiations. Regardless to say, the three nations were able to come to a truce at the third day of the negotiation.

With the continent now focused on repelling the common threat: the Kishins, each nations first trained the volunteers themselves until the Balefire Academy was founded: then the nations sent their volunteers to the academy instead. Tens of thousands from each nations volunteer, but only a fraction are chosen to take the entrance exam where at least half of the applicants are disqualified. The few that are qualified are trained to become the best they could be, then they are sent back to their respective nations to defend them.

Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 03-10-2016, 03:54 AM.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Alright before I put up the IC this is one last thing i wanted to add to help everyone out. I may add more later and if you want to make something up that might be in the school let me know and we can see if it fits in the rp.

Aura reading: Learn how to read and track aura

stealth class: Pretty self explanitory, teaches how to stay hidden on the battlefeild.

medic class: Perfect for combat medics and doctors.

weapon engineering: Learn how to build and fix weapons

kisin biology: Learn about the kishins weak points diets, and how to bait and track them.

Survival training: Learn how to survive in different harsh environments.

History: Learn about past kishin hunters and how they did what they did.

Chemisty: Lean how to make poison, bombs, traps and the like.

Comment

@wriggle: ok finally read it. looks good

Comment

Sorry for triple posting but the IC is up. If you have your apps part way done but not fully finished post your progress thus far. If you at least have the appearance, personality aura and weapons down then you're free to post in the IC (after i give you the ok for it)

Comment

Another character rip. Still WIP.

Team: Starlight

Name: Cecilia "The Rouge" Gray

Race: Human

Appearance:

Normal:
                        Cecilia has long blond hair, fair skin and orange eyes. She is neither tall nor short, but somewhere a bit in between. Normally Cecilia wears an attire somewhere between a slight bit lax, but still very elegant and expensive. If she is with her family, especially if they're going out, she is expected to wear what you could consider very expensive clothes. Not that she won't have her parents going around her the whole time it might be that her choice of attire gets more lax.

"The Rouge":
                        When going out into the battlefield as "The Rouge" Cecilia chooses an entirely different set of attire. She wears much more black to blend into the shadows. She normally chooses clothes that are easy to move around in, provide decent protection and that hides her identity.

Personality: Cecilia is a generally strong person that tries her best to do what's needed. She tries to keep her attitude up, and she is generally very upright. She does in a way have a sort of "rich kid" personality, not in the selfish way but more in the manners way. However, she does also have a more relaxed side which she might show at times. Due to her military interactions she also knows how to handle herself around a battlefield.

Bio:

Cecilia was born into a high standing family both financially and military. The financial part of the family owner a few big and profitable businesses. At the same time, the family was also heavily invested in the military, helping with the planning of many operations and developing many of their technologies. This is where Cecilia comes in. She was given early swordsmanship lessons, both because it was seen as something as something that carried elegance, it was also so that she could actually protect herself. It was at some point here that Cecilia learned about her aura.

As she grew older, she was also dragged into the military side of the family. She had lots of lessons on what made a good plan for a operation, how the Kishin though and behaved, and other stuff. At around the age of 15 she grew bored of the life she was currently stuck in. At first it manifested as small stuff. She began secretly training with guns, which her parents had earlier told her not to because it wasn't any "elegance" in it. This was where she really began to understand the potential of her aura. Although she preferred the guns, she always kept the public image that she was just using her rapier. It was at some point here that she became friends with the person that would in the future make many of her weapons, Aeron, the son of the general.

At the age of around 17 Cecilia wanted to actually test her strength, so when the next Kishin invasion came for Haven, she donned some black clothes so she wouldn't be recognized as easily. The result, she did great. The media even had a short story on her calling her a rouge object. After this she just continued, each time there was an invasion of some sort she was there, helping. After some time she got more respect and eventually the media just called her "The Rouge". Eventually the military figured out who she was, and although they didn't like her going in there without informing them, they agreed to keep the secret as long as she would help them. It took another year and a half before her parents figured it out. She had apparently used Replay too much in the traditional way at some point. At first they were REALLY angry with her, not even allowing her to leave the house, but after some time they agreed on that she would be allowed to continue if she first went to Balefire Academy and proved she really did know what she was doing. She originally had no intentions to join Balefire, but now she's kind of forced, which is why she enters at the age she does.

At this point the only ones who knows who "The Rouge" is are the higher ups in the military, her family, and Aeron. Balefire does not know, and she was no intention on telling them.

Aura: Replay

When doing an action, Cecilia can choose to leave a sort of imprint on the world, kind of like an after image. She can then choose to replay the action once more later. An example could be that she thrusts her rapier at an opponent, but misses. She can then later replay the attack when the opponent is where he needs to be. She can herself decide somewhat what these imprints look like, but normally they look like ghostly images of the object that she captured the action of. When fighting as "The Rouge" she however leave them looking exactly like the original. The position and rotation of these imprints will nearly always stay relative to Cecilia. This means that if she want an imprint behind her, she has to physically attack behind her. The only exception to this is if Cecilia chooses to leave an imprint of her her whole body instead of just her attack. All the imprints will then track that imprint instead of Cecilia. This is however a dangerous tactic as she can not make any more imprints before using the ones that she sent of. What she instead normally does is that she stacks these attacks, which is where it gets it's power.

Weapon:

Rapier
                        The rapier is Cecilia's main weapon, allowing her to deal quick thrusts and attacks to her opponent. When fighting with this she is usually fast and agile, striking her opponents when the opportunity arises. Even when using her rapier, she still carries around a simple pistol.
                        Rapier

Guns
                        As "The Rouge", Cecilia also keeps a "small" collection of guns around if she is ever going to need them. While fighting as "The Rouge", Cecilia fight's completely different. Instead of focusing on elegance with agile and nimble moves, Cecilia here acts more like a direct ranged attacker that can very quickly release bullets in a wide spread if needed(Replay). She rarely holds anything back, and uses plenty of imprints to cover the most ground.

Other gear: A large, black case where she keeps all of her weapons and miscellaneous equipment. The case has many different rooms, some easier to open than others. To open the main room, which she uses for all the gear for "The Rouge", she uses a biometric scanner, 2 six number military grade padlocks, and finally a key that she keeps on her at all times. It also has stuff like for example a radio transmitter and receiver, spare parts, a medic set and more. She also has a nice phone, and some other expensive technological gadgets.

Side Occupation(s): None, to much with extra classes

Reason for attending the academy: Her parents telling her to.

Extra classes and clubs: Aura reading, stealth class, weapon engineering and kishin biology.

Music:
                        Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Katrix; 03-17-2016, 10:48 AM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

I think you may be able to join team Starlight, unless Zekai needs to confirm, then I can't really say anything. We just need one more person to make a full team of four.

Spoiler:

YMCA
                          M
                          C
                          A

Yuuki
                          Miu
                          Cecila
                          Azur
                          Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
                          rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

@Amaterasu

You really like that YMCA, don't you?

Comment

Besides, who says team names are going to be just like RWBY? Isnt that why someone comes up with an actual name?
                              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Akane, Lunasa, and Zekai

Inb4 your characters dress up as the Village People and do the dance. XD
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X