Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Theft Laptop

Comment

GTA servers are shut down. please try not to do anything else that would realistically delay the flight for hours.

Comment

All you guys ignore that fact that a RESERVE WAS MADE.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Tewi already asked Pringles if she could post something while he was reserving a post.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler: Thanks Lunasa

Internet was pretty crap so I messed around with photoshop

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
            rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Pure gold.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

20/10

Comment

finished
                  Spoiler:

Team: Meant to team with wriggle and sustic's characters since their team as far as i know only has 2 characters so far.

Name: Asura (A-shoe-ra)

Race: Human

Appearance:

Personality: Very distant and secretive. He's in no hurry to share anything about himself. He's not unwilling to interact with others, nor dose he dread the thought. It's a very neutral feeling to him. Despite his secretive nature, he'll openly discus his opinion and his mood if he feels the station is appropriate. While at first glace he would appear to have a rough exterior, anyone who took 5 minutes to get to know him would know he's actually a chill guy who just dost' like to talk about his past.

Bio: Asura was born to a fairly normal family. His father was a baker at a small but popular bakery and his mother was a former huntress. She had settled down after birthing her child to take care of him. She didn't want her only son growing up without his mother or thinking that she didn't care for him. He had a pretty happy life with his family. His mother and father loved him very much. They were neither poor nor rich, but they did their best to make their son happy.

It was a nice life, but one short lived. Asura was only six years old when his mother fell ill. She caught a fairly new sickness. Because of how new it was, no one knew how to treat it. She died soon after, but her body was used to find a cure. Thanks to her, thousands of other sick participants were able to be cured. But she was gone.

Asura and his father were heart broken. Asura became less social, secluding himself even from his friends at school. His father tried to stay strong for the both of them and before long started looking for a new wife. He wasn't' ready to move on, but he felt having a woman around the house would help improve both his and his son's mood.

After about a month of online dating and meeting a few people in person, his father finally settled on a beautiful young woman. She was very kind towards them. Always smiled, never did anything wrong. She was perfect, too perfect in fact. Asura didn't really want to get to know her, but he gave her a chance anyway. His father was trying so hard to make him happy, the least he could do was try right?

For the next three years of his life Asura seemed to be doing a lot better. He eventually got over the death of his mother and was able to move on. While he never really made the same bond with his father's second wife, he still treated her kindly. He liked her, but no one could replace his mom. Everything seemed alright, until his new mother asked him to go with him one day.

She didnt' explain where, just that she needed his help. He went along with her, never suspecting a thing. But when they got to where they were going...

It was an old building, made mostly of brick cement. Inside was dark and cold like some sort of tomb for the dead. It didnt' smell that great either. The whole place just screamed stay out. Asura got a strong feeling in his gut, it was fear, holding him back and preventing him from entering. But before he could protest, The woman who brought him there had taken a blunt object to the back of his head. Asura was out cold.

He woke up in a dark room. The walls, floor and ceiling were all make od reinforced concrete. He tried to move but he couldn't He was on some kind of wooden surface and his arms and legs were bound to it, not letting him move or break free. The lights suddenly flashed on, blinding hi m with how bright they were. His father's second wife was there, along with two men in strange robes.

When he tried to ask them what was going on, his only answer was a sharp slap to the face. They demanded that he be silent. Asura's heart filled with fear and dread of the uncertainties of what was to come. The strange building, the men in robes. It was all some kind of cult. But what did hey want with him? It didnt' take him long to find out. The cult brought in another prisoner into his room. Only this one wasn't human. They brought a kishin.

The cultists cut the poor boy open, injected him with kishin blood and ran a number of cruel and painful experiments on his body. His cries of pain meant nothing to the cultists who had a one track mind.. To them he was nothing but a lab rat. Asura eventually pased out from the pain, but they didnt' kill him. While he may of been a lab rat, the nine year old boy was still an important part of their research.

Over the next four years the boy was subjected to experiment after experiment. The cult that had taken him worshiped the kishin like gods. Their end goal was to creat a kishin with the mind of a man. they thought that if they could do this, they could learn the secrets of the kishin and gain true enlightenment. They were well on their way to succeeding too. But one small mistake was all it took to bring everything crashing down around them.

Asura was one of many subjects being experimented on, more new lab rats came and went often, many of them died, making Asura among few others prime candidates for their new kishin. However one of the children they kidnapped happened to be from a rather wealthy and respected family. They were known best for the weapons they created and a popular magazine they published about the kishin and the brave heroes who fought them.

When word of her kidnapping got out, there was no shortage of hunters and huntresses who went looking for her. But the first one to locate the cultists was none other than Amelia Vega. The huntress led a small squadron of 4 soldiers. There were five in all if you counted herself. The huntress sought out and punished kishin and cutest alike for their misdeeds. Only a few of the higher ups were left alive. The one who hiered her for the job request that she leave them alive, at least long enough so they could be questioned and hopefully find out if any other groups like them were stil around. to that end she agreed to spare them, for now at least.

The cultists never stood a chance. They fell swiftly and without warning. They were too late to save the girl. She had been deformed and driven insane. As requested, she was put out of her misery. the only other survivor was the thirteen year old Asura. Somehow despite everything. Asura's mind was still in tact and his body was mostly secure. His upper body was perfectly fine, but his legs had been cut off. He was on the verge of becoming a kishin, but he wasn't lost.

Amelia found the boy and did what she could to treat his wounds. After all she was a worrier, not a combat medic. When the other soldiers tried to kill the boy, she pulled her blade on them, warning them to back off. The debated back and forth for a bit but the huntress was able to convince them that he was innocent just like the girl they had came there to save.

The huntress and the soldiers took the boy to the nearest hospital where he could be treated and healed back to full health. They weren't' able to remove his kishin DNA but they did give him pills that when taken daily would suppress that part of him. Asura was doing much better now. He was very grateful for everything the huntress had done for him, but he had no way to thank her.

When he was feeling better the boy tried to call his father and tell him he was alright... but no one answered. He later found out his dad had killed himself after his son went missing. The depression was just to much for him to bare. This made his new freedom bittrer sweet. He was finally free but with no legs to walk on and no home to return to, where could he go?

Asura couldn't even pay for his hospital bill, and working in his condition was all but impossible. It all seemed so hopeless. But then something amazing happened. Someone had paid off all of his debt. Not only that bt they had arranged for two prosthetic to be attached to his body in place of his own. These legs weren't' your run of the mill replacements either. They were military grade legs that were sturdy, faster and stronger than his old human ones. They could go for hundreds of years without wearing out or breaking down.

After he got his new legs, Asura spent the next two months in rehabilitation, learning how to walk again. It didnt' take him too long to figure it out, his new legs worked almost exactly like the old ones. The only difference being their strength and appearance. On his last day there, he was walking down the hall, heading for th exit when he was stopped by a familiar voice. "All better?"

He quickly urned around to see the brave huntress who had saved his life. He had suspected she was the one who gave him new legs, but this almost confirmed it. He wanted so badly to express how thankful he was for everything she had done. But before he coudl say a word he was cut off. The huntress looked him dead in the eye and old him "You've been given a second chance at life. don't waste it." then she left.

Asura was a little disappointed. He felt bad for not being able to tank her and now he wasn't' sure if she was angry at him or not. Perhaps not angry but there must have some reason she had such a stern tone. He didnt' have to think on it much longer. The boy had his mind made up. From that day forward, he determined that he'd live a life the huntress wouldn't' regret saving. He was determined to make her proud.

He left the protection of the city and went outside the walls to live on his own. Every day the boy trained, hunted and fought for himself. Eventually he built himself a small shelter and surrounded it with traps and other various things to protect himself. He came back to the city every now and then to sell some of the rare and valuable things he found, such as ore, animal hides plant fibers and the like. He used the money he earned doing this to by spare parts and tools that he used to upgrade his legs every year. He mostly just increased their length to keep up with his own growth.

He had special gauntlets made for him and added a few new combat functions to his legs. In the five years he spent out there. He became strong. He lacked a lot of the training other students may have had. But he made up for it by having the experience in the field that they lacked. Fancying himself a brawler type hunter in training, he applied for the academy at the age of 18. Now he, along with many others is on his way to becoming a hunter.

Aura: Asura has enhanced strength and speed thanks to his kishin blood. He can sense a kishin's location along with approximately how strong it is with his aura. However he is sometimes inaccurate when judging a kishin's strength In a pinch Asura can drink the blood of a kishin to restore his health and aura along with boosting his already imprsive speed and strength. However doing so causes his body to slowly break down as he becomes less and less human and more and more kishin. If he isn't careful, the kishin blood will take over and he'll lose his humanity forever.

Weapon: Asura is a brawler, using gauntlets and his metal legs as his weapons. They capable of both attack and defense but have their limits as to what they can block. His prosthetic legs can fire off shotgun shells that are made of pure aura, being able to fire off ten shots in a row before they need to recharge. this obviously drains his aura for each reload. Reloading takes 20 seconds when the shells all run out bt takes less time the less it needs to refill.

The gauntlets can charge an electric shock that goes off when there is a strong enough impact. This too uses aura to charge Asura can only use one of these at a time and it takes him a good two minutes to switch back and forth. With enough training he may be able to use them more efficiently

Other gear: He has a phone which he uses for pretty much everything from music to using the internet.

Side Occupation(s): On weekends if he isn't busy he'll go to the local library and read to children and the elderly. He doesn't make any money off of this, he has his own reasons for doing so.

Reason for attending the academy: He Doesn't want to waste his life and throw away his second chance. He has someone he wants to make proud.

Extra classes and clubs: Weapon maintenance and sparing
                  Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-28-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
                    Team: Meant to team with wriggle and sustic's characters since their team as far as i know only has 2 characters so far.
                    I could make a character, if ya wanted. So I could do something here other than wait, at least.

Or not, up to you.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Go for it. But it's not really my team either so it'll be up to wriggle and sus if they accept it.

Comment

Read through it all. Poor kid. Setsuna'll give a lot of love for him♡

Accepteroni Fettucini give me the Ravioli

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                          Read through it all. Poor kid. Setsuna'll give a lot of love for him♡
                          SHIPPED

Comment

Prepare the cannons, we got ships an sight!

I approve the application
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Cybernetic legs that are also guns... He reminds me of this guy:

Spoiler: MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR RWBY SEASON 3

IF YOU'RE A MOBLE USER DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED RWBY SEASON 3

Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
                              rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

More like that girl from FMA that stole Ed's watch.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X