• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Tewi, I just had to.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
    rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Playing the silent girl can make for great storytelling opportunities, but it's rather boring. I guess I'll make another thing.

Another thing in progress, please wait warmly.

Oh, by the way, I don't know in which team I'm going to put her.
      Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 03-29-2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

But u do have a talking rose so its not like shes completely silent
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

While that may be true, Miu doesn't actively seek out people as often and that leaves me with either waiting for someone to initiate something or for Miu to have scenes by herself.

Comment

@ lunasa: theres still one slot open in the team wiggles and sus made

Comment

Hey look, I did another thing

Spoiler: Raiko "Thundergun" Akari

Team: Surge

Name: Raiko Akari

Race: Feren

Appearance: Raiko's normal attire consists of short-shorts and a t-shirt with a leather flight jacket and a necklace with a lightning bolt. Her eye color is amber and occasionally has bolts of electricity running through them. She has short blonde hair and wolf ears.

Bio: Raiko was mostly the same as Miu- born in a village in New Gaia and daughter to one of the Lightning Sisters (Specifically Akane Akari, if you couldn't tell). She was trained by her mother and gained exceptional close-combat skills as well as picking up polearm skills. She and Miu grew up quite closely together, being the daughters of huntresses and the Lightning Sisters, for that matter. She is one of the five people Miu ever talks to.

Three years ago, Raiko left to work with the military on new weapon projects. She participated in the creation of the ANGEL: First Sphere suits and later began to develop a weapon dubbed the railgun, which earned her the nickname "Thundergun". She perfected it and helped with the beginning stages of the Second Sphere suits, which she later stopped due to her desire to go to combat school. To surprise and meet up with Miu, she also applied to Balefire.

Spoiler: Project ANGEL

Project ANGEL was a three part program in Haven backed by a sister branch of Chie Akiyama's research group devoted to the creation and testing of a set of three suits, dubbed First Sphere, Second Sphere, and Third Sphere. Each suit had three different modes, excluding the neutral/off state. During Raiko's first year, she was put through CQC and firearm training, which was standard for all military personal at that particular site. Once the First Sphere was complete, she was one of the few people to pilot the suit and the only one who could use it on missions.

The First Sphere modes were as follows; First Order: Seraph, which mainly focused its energy and resources on heavier armor and electromagnetic shields; Second Order: Cherub, which used two sets of wings and boosters for speed and air maneuverability; and Third Order: Throne, which featured glowing bracelets and anklets which detected aggressive movement in the user and applied the boosters to hit with more force. All three included the helmet which provided the user with information about their surroundings via sight, sound, and smell. It was set to be controllable with voice commands specifically keyed to the user.

While it was a very powerful tool for use in battle, what it lacked was the capacity to last for long periods of time. It drained its batteries so quick that lasted as long as 12 minutes and adding more batteries to make it last even half an hour would make it way too heavy for a normal person to carry. Raiko's aura could power it for even longer, leaving her as the only reasonable wearer. She had fought in the suit multitudes of times as well as performance and durability tests. It was not actually taken out for actual combat however.

It was ultimately taken back for tweaks and improvements and is currently back at a military laboratory in Haven.

Spoiler: Mark 154 Kerria 4 Railgun

After the half-failiure of Project ANGEL, Raiko got permission to begin developing her own weapon using something interesting she discovered with electromagnetic fields while working on the First Sphere. After approval, she worked tirelessly on the Railgun using the basis that a metal object in a magnetic field strong enough can be fired as an astounding speed if it's displaced even a bit from its central spot. It took her many tries to get it right and to the specifics of how she wanted it. There is room for improvement, but she is content with her weapon as it currently is.

The railgun uses 450 million volts to fire a .50 caliber tungsten ball up to 680 meters at a muzzle velocity of 1400m/s. The tungsten ball floats in the center of a contained electromagnetic field, which only weakly affects nearby metallic objects. When the trigger is pulled, the hammer strikes the tungsten ball to displace it from equilibrium, sending it between two rails which keeps its trajectory straight with the use of more electromagnets. The process of charging the gun takes around a minute but can be fired earlier for a much weaker shot. Firing it leaves Raiko tired and vulnerable for a short period of time as she used a lot of her energy and electrical charge. The rifle must not be shaken too violently while it is charging, lest it misfire, which is also the reason why Raiko must not move too much while firing.

Use of this weapon on various missions earned her the moniker "Thundergun", which is debatable whether if it is a reference to the railgun or the fact that she's a daughter of a Lightning Sister. It is a very dangerous and frightening weapon so it is not used too often. There have been reports of a thunderous roar and a bright glow being heard and seen near where it's being fired. Few know of the source but there has been rumors spreading of a girl causing it.

The Kerria part of its name means 'yellow rose' and is the secondary part of the weapon. It can transform into a guan dao which Raiko uses for combat and also charges with electricity while fighting.

Raiko is loud and rowdy, a complete opposite of Miu. She does however know when to be serious. She acts as an older sister figure to Miu, protecting her and doing other sisterly things. Her Feren lineage gives her strength and stronger senses. Her training also made her strong and more observant. She knows how to hold her own in a fistfight and a firefight.

Aura: Raiko's Aura is the ability to produce and accumulate electric charge in her body. She can later discharge it as a concentrated bolt or in a sphere around her. She sometimes uses this to make her punches more damaging when she's punching or kicking. With her Aura, she can charge her railgun and guan dao with electricity. She can also charge other electrical objects, such as phones. If she needs to, she can absorb electric shock.

Weapon: She has combat gloves that she uses when fighting with her fists. She has her Mark 154 Kerria 4 Railgun, which can transform into guan dao. The railgun takes at least a minute to charge and fire, but has amazing range and destructive power, also leaves Raiko drained of energy and electricity for a short while. The guan dao is basically a normal polearm except she can effectively charge it to make it even more dangerous. Her combat gloves are normal, she just augments her punches with electricity to make it hurt more.

Other Gear: A bunch of external battery packs.

Secondary Occupation: None

Reason for attending academy: Being able to actually fight and test her railgun. Meeting up and seeing Miu.

Extra classes and clubs: Weapon Engineering, Close Combat

I wonder if you guys can find the little easter egg I hid in here.
              Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 03-31-2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Honestly, the bio could be longer and i know thats funny coming from me, someone that does somewhat short bios at times.

I actually have had an app for a team Surge member in the works for about a week or so, only if Wriggle is ok with that.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Agreed. Bio is a wee bit too short for me.

Come to think of it I need to make a character with a monster bio again soon... (TM)
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Well, I'm sorry that my characters don't have any crippling injuries or depressing backstories to write a novel about, but that's just how these characters are.

Go ahead and take that last slot in Surge, Zekai. There were some problems with Raiko's app anyway.

Comment

um.. it was just a suggestion by them Lunasa, take my viking, sure there is some crazy thing here and there, but she pretty much has a normal back story.

You can develop Raiko´s time in the military and working on the ANGEL project.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Fair enough. I honestly don't know why I'd even mention something that would never be used in this rp nor something that no one would ever know about.

I'm sorry, I just have a problem with creating a shitton of OCs with little or no backstory.

Comment

No one would ever know about it if you don't explain it in your app first. I make sure all the obscure military projects are explained in my bios or in a separate app (i.e. Project Candace in New Genesis, or Thomas and Rebecca Kimaere in Eternal Galaxy) If you explain what ANGEL project does exactly; what the purpose of the project is, who's really behind it, how it's accepted by the public, and whatnot, then it would flesh up your app enough for acceptance.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
                            Well, I'm sorry that my characters don't have any crippling injuries or depressing backstories to write a novel about, but that's just how these characters are.

Go ahead and take that last slot in Surge, Zekai. There were some problems with Raiko's app anyway.
                            I won't know for sure until Tewi looks over the bio and aura i sent her. So it's just a waiting game for me.

Comment

k so I did a thing and wrote about Project ANGEL and the railgun, I don't know if that's what you guys wanted or not.

Comment

sorry for the delay of a response

Having the development of her more professional work does give more insight of Raiko´s backstory, I like it.
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X