X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starshine Resort | Skating Rink

When Yukari asked her question, it seemed almost as if John had not registered the question, but after half a second, a rather complex set of emotions seemed to spread across his face as he looked down at the small cup of coca in his hands, like confusion mixed with uncertainty, and not fear, but an emotion that seemed like apprehension. It was not entirely known how John felt about the question, and it seemed almost as if Yukari had asked him some extremely complicated question, like what the meaning of life was and that he was seriously thinking of an answer. John looked at Yukari with a rather thoughtful expression, but it seemed that his mind was still digesting her question.

"I...", John trailed before becoming silent for another moment. It looked like he wanted to say something to her, but that he couldn't find the words he wanted to say. In truth, it wasn't that he didn't want to have a child. He was open to the idea, but was he good enough to be a good father? John looked away for another moment as he struggled to find the right words to say, as he tried to process the emotions he currently felt. It felt so strange for him that he could not find anything to say, and he had never really even given being a parent much thought. If anything, John felt that he was not mentally and emotionally equipped for being a parent, but trying to convey such a thing to Yukari was difficult at best. After what felt like forever, John looked back at Yukari with a rather troubled expression, almost as if he was having trouble speaking, and in truth, he was. He wanted to be completely honest with her, but he felt like she would not like the answer.

"Yukari, I don't think... I'm open to the idea, but... *sigh*", John said, sighing before looking back down at the cup in his hands. This time, John slowly rotated the cup in his hands as he tried once again to speak, this time staring down at the cup. It was too difficult to say what was on his mind and try to look at Yukari at the same time.

"Yukari, it's not that I wouldn't like to someday, but.. am I really qualified for it?", John finally asked, this time looking at Yukari. He still looked quite troubled by the question, but he seemed slightly more stone-faced.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

John's answer concerning, but not surprising. She ha expected such an answer from the spartan. Perhaps she should have held off on asking the question until he felt better. But Yukari wasn't about to awkwardly drop the subject. Instead... She placed her coco down beside her and got up, stepping behind John only to softly hug his neck from behind.

"Are you qualified? lets see... you're a strong man, with great leadership skills and a kind heart. you have a strong desire to help others and always put other people before yourself. and although you hide it, deep down I know there's a part of you bursting with love that wants to cheer for his loved ones when they sauced, cry for them when they hurt, and mourn them when they are gone..." she said all of this before placing a small kiss on the spartan's right cheek.

"There's no need to rush things. But when the time comes, I know you'll make an excellent father."

Comment

John was actually surprised by Yukari's words, how despite his rather uncertain answer, she was still willing to be supportive of his answer, though he didn't show his surprise. Instead, that rather troubled look seemed to melt away as a more calm one took its place. John may not have been the most emotional person on the planet, but even he was truly happy to have someone like Yukari.

"Thanks.", John softly said as he took his right hand and softly clasped one of the delicate arms wrapped around his neck, returning the affection he was being given in his own way. John was silent for a good few moments before speaking again. This time, he wanted to make Yukari smile, so he suggested something a little out of the ordinary.

"You know.. if you want, I might be able to find a way to swim so that we can enjoy the beach.", John said.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Starshine Resort

"It's not like we want to snoop around, it is in our nature to sense things and be able to do it unconsciously" Nera explained and her face showed she wasn't that comfortable with it. "You would think it gets easier with time, but nope, it gets worse, you just need to adapt to it and catch up on training with your abilities." The Lucario's ears moved unconsciously, proving the fact that her body was acting on itself to cover the area. "So yeah, it is a blessing and a curse" she chuckled.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Starshine Resort | Go Kart Track

When Frisk asked the woman running it, a hooded woman with a blank masked that seemed to have a rough smile carved into it leant forward. His outfit was dark, and instead of blue lines running across it in random patterns, his had red lines. She seemed to have white hair hanging out from behind her mask and out from her hood. If Frisk was observant she would have noticed similar looking people around the resort before helping out with various things. There was an odd aura about her that made the normally cheery Steven feel uneasy.

The woman spoke with a calm, and rather soothing voice however.

"This could be a Go-kart tournament. Who knows. Master Has all sorts of things planned. But in all seriousness this is a tournament of not just fighting, but also survival. Problem Solving, and much much more. It's going to be quite fun~ Though normally most normal children we won't let in unless they have something special about them to help them survive... You two can even sign up as one contestant and work for a shared prize though." She spoke. Her voice sounding calm, a little happy, and soothing. Almost as if it was a mother talking to her kids.

As Steven, and Frisk listened to the conversation... Steven heard mention of the prize. Curious, yet a little unsettled by the mysterious woman asked.

"Um... excuse me but what is this prize...?" Asked the human-gem kid.

The woman giggled quietly as she clapped her hands together. "The prize is a wish of course. A wish that will only be fulfilled and function here at this resort. Does that sound pleasing? You can have literally anything you want happen here at the resort... as long as it is within master's power. Also if you two do not wish to sign up as one contestant, and would rather sign up as individual contestants. Well... then you'll have to take part in the Junior Cup. Where the reward is a bit less.... awesome. But the challenges will be far more fair."

After explaining everything to the two, Steven seemed to think a bit as he turned to Frisk.

"So Frisk are you going to sign up or what?" Steven asked. The masked woman whose mask had nothing but a rough smile carved into it and nothing more just stood there waiting for a response.

Starshine Resort | Suite

As Sans and Hannah sat there on the couch waiting for Papyrus to get done cooking. Sans just spoke up for Papyrus to hear.

"of course paps. why wouldn't i come runnin? in fact i wouldnt get it 'pasta' ya to have the whole resort come running with your cooking." He complimented... and joked as he the chuckled. Glancing over at Hannah who turned away, blushed, and grumbled something angrily about Sans's 'stupid puns' under her breath.

Comment

"You have fun drowning, I'll just relax on the beach and soak in a few rays. Unless of cores you want to rub lotion on my back." she joked at him while enjoying their closeness. "You sure you want to go there?"

Frisk didn't seem to bothered by the creepy mask or the way the woman presented herself. In fact it reminded her of the river woman back in the underground that helped her on her adventure By the time the others had turned to look for Frisk's answer, they would have found her deep in thought with a deadly serious look on her face. When she heard that the tournament was partly about fighting, she had already decided not to join. But a wish? Would this kind woman's master be able to grant the wish she so desperately wanted.

It took her a long minute to finally say something, clearly putting a lot of thought into her answer. "What are the rules of this tournament? I don't care how great the prize is, I'm not going to kill anyone."

Starshine Resort | Suite

Papyrus had placed the trays of pasta inside the oven and turned it on. He sat the timer and walked over to the fridge to see what could go with the pasta. "Sans I'm going to forgive that pun since you said something nice. But next time I'll be forced to give you a puzzle!"

Comment

Upon hearing Frisk's question, Steven went into deep thought. The woman however giggled lightly, and oddly a little cutely as she leaned forward on the stand's counter. It was at that moment one could get a better glimpse of her figure underneath her cloak. She had decent curves..., and oddly a decent rack. Whoever her master is, must have fine taste in women.

The woman spoke.

"The rules of the tournament do not require the death of your opponent. Rather each challenge will teleport you, and your opponent to an arena. The arena will be of random setting, location, and design. Each tournament is more like an actual challenge in that you will need to either survive, beat your opponent in a race through an obstacle course. Or my favorite. Solving puzzles made from the terrain themselves~ Whoever manages to succeed in the challenge will be the winner of that challenge. Now since you are a young child, I would preferrably place you in the... children's competition bracket. The reward will still be a wish, but not as extreme as one. But your opponents will be of similar age." She answered.

Steven seemed to be facing away as he continued to think deeply about it.

Starshine Resort | Suite

As Papyrus told Sans the warning of his next pun, the shorter of the two brothers just couldn't help but make one more.

"no problem papyrus. though don't you think just a puzzle as a pun-ishment is a bit 'trivial'?" He joked as he looked over at Hannah who seemed to be trying to stiffle a bit of laughter already.

Comment

That was all Frisk needed to hear. *you are filled with.... hope... and determination i guess?* "Sign me up for the adult bracket." she said confidently. "Oh I should probably give you my name. It's Frisk Dreemurr"

Starshine Resort | Suite

"OH YOU ARE JUST PUNBEARABLE RIGHT NOW!!" The skeleton complained before realizing what he said "GWAAAH Look now you've got me doing it." the skeleton took some grapes, apples, strawberries and some blue berries out from the fridge before closing it. He also collected a few bananas from the pantry along with a large bowel. fruit salad was easy enough to make, and it would hopefully be an acceptable side dish. "I guess I'll just give you a junior jumble since I don't have enough time to build you a puzzle. But don't worry, the great Papyrus will help you solve it. After all it's oly fare, I need to be punished too... that one wasn't a pun."

Comment

Starshine Resort | Suite

"eh whatever floats your boat paps. just don't forgetti the spaghetti and let it burn bro." Sans replied as he turned on the TV with the remote which he had grabbed with his telekinesis. He began flipping through the channels, but unfortunately nothing seemed to be on. As such he just turned off the TV and thought for a minute before turning to face Hannah with a grin on his face.

"hey why don't we get to know ourselves a little better? like asking a few questions. like. what's your favorite musical instrument?" Sans asked. Hannah just turned and cautious, she just began to think...

"Hmm... Well I would have to say it's-" Hannah spoke as suddenly, out of seemingly nowhere Sans pulled out his old Trombone.

"because mine is an old classic. the trom-BONE" Sans joked as he held it in a position ready to be played. Hannah only had one response.

"Oh god fucking dammit I should have seen it coming..." Hannah whispered under her breath as Sans responded by playing his infamous 'incidental music' loud enough for even Papyrus to hear.

The woman smiled underneath her mask, though because of her stone mask with carved smile on it, one couldn't see it. Only the false smile on the mask. "Very well Ms. Frisk Dreemurr. I'll sign you up with the adult bracket." She replied as she took out the clipboard and pen to write her name. That is when Steven butted in. "Hey if Frisk's joining then I'm joining! But I don't really have anything I want. So I guess if I win I'll give Frisk my wish." Steven replied as the woman just giggled. "Oh. Well isn't that sweet. Now what is your name then?" The woman asked as Steven smiled as he rested one arm on the counter, trying to look 'cool'.

"It's Universe. Steven Quartz Universe." He spoke with his best attempt at a cool guy look which ended up coming off as a bit... goofy looking.

Starshine Resort | Beach

It took quite some time, if not most of the day for him to do it, but the Tiny Master of Evil that is Veigar managed to escape her and fled to the beach. The 'annoying ball of friendliness' that is Lulu was quite hard to get rid of, but thankfully he managed to distract her with a small bumblebee he saw flying around near the garden. Normally she'd be right by his side pestering him to do various things he would rather ignore doing. After all if he's going to be forced on a vacation, why not just spend it actually... doing nothing and resting. In fact there is probably a good book or something somewhere for him to read to pass time, but lately Lulu has been making him do all sorts of things like... going to the arcade. Getting cotton candy. Or worse... dancing. All things Veigar despises.

The little ball of fury was also not having that good of a time, as he thought that this place would have more people and creatures he'd recognize, and hopefully would recognize him in return. But not really. Honestly most of them seemed unaware of who he was, or his power. In fact quite a few called him 'shortstack' and told him to scram which just pissed him off more.

He wished people would take him seriously here, and thankfully... something interesting popped up. He saw a stand at the beach which had strange, unearthly writing he was not familiar with at all. However something about it he could understand, and it was just one word that made him intrigued. "Tournament." A tournament? That could be just the thing he needed to show his power.

Immediately he had ran up, and squeezed through all the people. Yelling curses at them and telling them to back out of the way or he'll 'swallow their soul.' Most seemed to be disinterested in his threats, or just chuckled. But eventually he got fed up and with an angry burst... He released a small shockwave of magic that pushed people out of the way, but seemingly left them frozen in mid-air. As if they were put on pause. Not time magic, but rather his 'Event Horizon' magic cage. It did not harm them, but summoning it in a shockwave left them pushed back and stunned due to the magic energy. With that he tapped on the stand... which got the stand owner's attention, and from it he began asking about the tournament, and in the end... He got all the info he needed.

A tournament consisting of challengers at the resort. With challenges not focused on just combat, and with a reward that is a simple wish? Well then... Intrigued he began to chuckle... then laugh before he signed up and jumped away. His powerful dark aura could be felt as he laughed maniacally. Despite being so small, he seemed to possess a large amount of dark energy... Then his Event Horizon spell ended causing the people caught in it to drop to the ground. They did not seem happy as they all got up and began surrounding Veigar whose expression seemed angry but cautious.

In fact he was about to speak up to them before he suddenly,,, got literally picked up and thrown like a football out of the crowd of people at the stand. Him soon crash landing into the sandy beach nearby.
                    Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-23-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Starshine Beach

The Auditor contemplated possible opponents. Likely very powerful people, perhaps even some from his own universe, if a differing timeline. He hoped there would be some kind of list of entrants beforehand, so he knew specifics. As he was contemplating this, he stopped himself as a form crashed into the sand in front of him, spilling sand into his face, which promptly was vaporized.

The Auditor looked down to the object which crashed, which appeared to be a person. A very small person. Rather than acknowledge it any further, the Auditor's form simply wrapped around it, reverting to normal on the other side before continuing his walk.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Starshine Beach

The little person the Auditor just passed started to shift around a bit in the sand before removing his head from the sand. Without a hat the little figure seemed to have a cat-like face with pure yellow eyes, and decently sized ears. His fur was so black however it was hard to see any other facial features aside from his eyes.

Veigar grumbled angrily as he pulled his rather large hat out of the sand and shook it to clean it out of sand before putting it back on. "Grrr, I'll show them the meaning of suffering! In fact everyone will know my true power once I win that tournament!!!" The little yordle proclaimed loudly as he held up his hands, and staff up in the air. It seemed that he was distracted at first due to his anger to notice the auditor. Though after a minute it seemed to hit him like a truck. Veigar immediately turned to face the Auditor.

"How interesting. Such power..." Veigar muttered to himself as he looked over his shoulder at the Auditor. In fact the Auditor could probably even sense a decent amount of power from him.
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-26-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Starshine Beach

The Auditor raised an metaphorical eyebrow upon hearing said blabbering dwarf was entering the tournament. His form swiveled around to get a better look at the thing. It looked like some tiny furry wizard. Magical in nature, likely, considering the appearance.

"And you would be?" Auditor asked.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Starshine Beach

"Mama-mia..." the green-capped hero spoke in awe at the sheer size of the resort before him. It had to have been bigger than Isle Delfino at least! He heard from the invitation that there was many things, with one of those things being a go-kart track. As he walked to the sign-up table, he wondered that it would be easy. He didn't want any reckless driving...from experience, of course. He looked at the sign-up sheet and wrote his name in. "Alright! Let's-a go!" he proclaimed before walking into the track area.

Comment

Starshine Beach

Veigar seemed almost taken back by the Auditor's response of "and you would be?" Though Veigar remained his composure as he fully turned to face the Auditor. His tiny stature rather hilarious, his voice sounding quite... annoying a bit as he spoke. "Me? I am Veigar, and I am the strongest Dark Mage from Valoran! All will tremble before my power, especially once I participate, and win the tournament!" Veigar arrogantly said as he held pointed his staff right at the Auditor.

"Now I will ask the SAME question as YOU! Who might you be?"
                              Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-26-2016, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Starshine Beach

The Auditor emitted a low chuckle at Veigar's attempt at being threatening.

"Funny, funny. But I am the Auditor, and the tournament is something too which I wait for." Auditor replied.

"But I highly doubt the trembling, to be honest. Not my forte. That would be murder." Auditor continued.

Comment

Working...
                                X