Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

Jennifer was quite startled by Jason plunging his knife into his own neck, but seeing as how he reacted so calmly to the injury, it settled her shock down to some degree. It was rather extreme of him to do, but if that's what it took to get the nanomachines out, then she wasn't going to say anything.

Once Alex bolted off, Jason turned to Misaka and gave her his assurances.

("Not the first, or the last time I'll be stabbed. You get used to the pain... and it helps that I can't actually bleed out and die."), Jason rather light-heartedly thought. Just then, he could feel his own energy growing within. Clearly this was Raina's doing. It gave him a little bit of a shiver as his skin began to crawl, but other than that, he could feel an excess pool of energy ready for use. This would be very helpful later.

("Damn. That's potent. Thanks for the boost... All right, I'm going to turn on my armor's communicator and see if I can intercept any frequencies. Raina, I need you to relay those transmissions to the others if you can. If they bring backup communications, we can at least intercept their battle chatter.")

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

Alex didn't seem too bothred by the slight sting or itching that came from his bullet wound, If anything he was more amazed with how quickly the damn thing was closing ("Impressive... I'm heading up") and without another word he began heading back to the other side oof the bunker where he could reach the surface.

The moment Jason had stabbed himself in what would have been a fetal slice to any normal human, in that moment Misaka's mind accidentally transmitted a bit of panic to the network ("Oh god he's gonna die!") she thought aloud, her worry clear both on her shocked expression and the urgency of her voice.

But before Jason could have probably reacted to her panicked response, he would have noticed his ability suddenly flare up. Suddenly Jason was producing nearly 100% more infinitus energy than before. This would allow him to overclok his nano machines to a degree not previously posible and posibly do other things with his armor. ("Relax Misaka, He's fine. In fact he should be feeling great right about now.")

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

To be honest, Jenny was pleasantly surprised when Jason hopped into action. He quickly took control of the situation and formulated a solid strategy. Perhaps there was hope for him yet.

("So Jason, what do you need me to do?"), Jenny thought.

("Right. I need you to cover the rear and place a barrier when the time is right. You'll be our defensive wall. No enemies get in, and if possible, defend your team."), Jason mentally instructed, to which Jenny have a single swift nod.

Immediately after, Jason turned to gaze at Misaka and gave a nod of his own. ("When I give the signal, you project all you can upwards. Nuke the place. As for you Raina, I'll give you some quick specs. My natural reaction time clocks in at about 12.5 milliseconds, and the armor decreased to an interval of 2.5 to 1.25 milliseconds. You might be able to squeeze out a little more. My strength is about 20.5 times that of a normal person, and the armor doubles that. Lastly, my nanomachines are powered by me having the ability to generate and absorb Infinitus Energy. Think you can do something with those?")

Once Alex arrived, Jason did exactly as instructed and made it snappy. With no hesitation, Jason pulled out his combat knife and suddenly plunged it into his own neck, stabbing straight through his jugular and yanking back out. Surprisingly, no blood spurted out. Instead, the artificial blood sealed the wound like some gelatinous shell and swiftly began to heal the wound. Meanwhile, his blade was thickly coated with the ruby red sheen of his nanomachine blood. With this blade, Jason held the flat edge of the blade against Alex's wound. Almost immediately, the nanomachines separated from his blood and entered Alex's wound, depositing his own blood on the opposite side of the knife. Alex would have felt a small itching sting as the nanomachines seeped into the cut, but once they were inside, they were already sealing the wound.

("Those nanomachines should have about an hour of power. After that, I need them back. Enjoy the mild regen factor while it lasts."), Jason thought to his new ally, swiftly putting away his knife afterward.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

Upon hearing Jason's willingness to help, Alex was admittedly surprised. Was Jason really so forgiving o had the females of their group charmed him into selfless act? Whatever the case that wasn't important. What was important was that they now had an additional ally, and a powerhouse at that. Even Alex had to admit that Jason's plan was a lot more well thought out than his. While either plan could have worked, this one was a lot more contagious to their side. Without giving too much of a response Alex left the cylindrical room he was in. From there he had a pretty straight shot down the hallway. Using his vector manipulation he was able to zoom down the halls at about 30MPH without hurting himself or running into anyone.

Meanwhile upon hearing his question Misaka waited for Jason to finish before answering ("From what Raina is showing us I should be able to EMP all of their ground forces in one go. Tactical Misaka standing by.")

Almost right as she finished transmuting her thoughts to the group, Alex sowed up in the same hallway, coming from the hall to Jason's right that connected to the lab. ("Make it quick.") he thought to Jason less than in a bossy demanding sort of way and more in an urgent I need to hurry sort of way. He quickly removed his Bandages and pulled up his sleeve so Jason could get to work. ("Raina can you enhance Jason's response time")

("Easily") she answered back ("Although I'm not sure if he'd really need it I can enhance his response time by 75% But If you have a better use for me Jason don't hesitate to ask")

Meanwhile outside whenever the Soldiers managed to get sonar down the hole they would see that there was in fact a hallow room on the other side of the wall. It was round, cylindrical and somewhat large with several mechanisms allowing the walls to be rotated. At the far end was a hallway but it was difficult to see to far beyond that due to the way the cylindrical room liked to bounce the sound waves around. What they could tell was that about 4 people were standing on the other side of the cylindrical room.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

With what Alex had said in mind, Jason's mind went into overdrive as he quickly began to formulate a plan. He had fought Alex before and knew just how well he could fight. That being said, he was injured. If Jason could allow some of his nanomachines access to his wound, perhaps he could help him fully recover. After that, there was no doubt that he would be an unrelenting force. Of course, that meant that as far as military forces go, Jason's own talents would be wasted. Assuming that Alex and Jason ran through the back door, that left the main entrance vulnerable. Sure, the others could probably flush the entrance without too much trouble, but Jason could certainly do so, and once the entrance was clear, the other espers could progress as they saw fit. Meanwhile, the forces up top would have to fight on two fronts instead of one. This was the most effective plan Jason could come up with, and he was sure it would work well.

("All right, I'll flush the main entrance, but I need you to come here first Alex. I'm going to give you a little patch-up. Once that happens, I'll leave the back door to you. If we go together, then that leaves the main entrance with only defenses set up. I'll push them out, allowing the others more time to better establish control over the area.

Topside, we'll force the enemy to fight on two fronts. Stick to the dense foliage and near the infantry, and their airships should have a harder time attempting to get a good read on us. They usually use thermals, so remember that. If they try to fire on us, they'll risk friendly fire. That, and the trees'll make it a bitch to get a good lock on.

As for the infantry themselves, I know they keep communication with each other, so we need to disable communications. That'll leave them highly disorganized and destroy any drones or equipment they have. If we have an EMP, even better. We won't have to worry about drones. Misaka, I know you have the power of electromagnetism, but can you extend it to creating an EMP? If possible, we need you to generate an electromagnetic field strong enough to magnetize the antennas of their radios, and if possible, their equipment. Even if their using the bare minimum tech, it'll really fuck up their liquid body armor, and if anyone has cybernetic enhancements or things like pacemakers or insulin pumps, it'll kill or disable them.")

After Jason was done, he waited for a response from the others, right beside Jenny and Misaka.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

After the ruble was cleared from the blast, a torch was thrown into the hole to lighten it up. Seeing that there was a floor, a rope ladder was lowered down, and a few soldiers began climbing down into the hole. "What do you see," Ceres asked through the radio. "For the most part concrete walls, no idea how thick, although they look rather solid. The wall opposite to the ladder looks like some sort of metal though. Likely steel" one of the soldiers responded. Who would use metal in a pure form for walls Ceres asked herself. "Inspect the steel wall. Hear if it's conducting any kind of sound. If not, hit it with something hard and listen for the sound. In addition to that, when listening for sounds, place your radios against the wall, the more, the better, somewhat spaced out from each other, and send the audio back. You're authorized to use the high-quality band for this. Once the radios are in place, snap a few times at different places in the air so we can get location information from them easier" Ceres said.

Turning her attention away from the soldiers in the hole, she began issuing more commands to the soldiers on the surface. "Get a few sonars down there. We need more information about the layout down there". Once done with giving orders, she contacted Sidna. "Sending you some audio from multiple radios pressed against a metal wall. Hoping to add a sonar to that soonish. Could you analyze the data, and construct a rough map of what lies beyond?"

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | En-Route to Labs
    Soane's singular optic glared as they glanced over to the comparatively short gas-bag.

"You didn't listen to a single word they said, did you?" Soane asked as they began moving out of the primary atrium area, moving through a set of large blast doors. "Why should I even re-explain what she said if you're not even going to remember it seconds later? It would seem quite fruitless to do so."

Site 47 | Atrium
    Tatara and Koi merely watched as the two left.

"It's very... odd to see someone or something so innocent be dragged up into this..." Tatara started.

"I's... didn't really wan' them toos." Koi looked a little uncomfortable.

"I could guess that much." Tatara replied. "Would you like to go somewhere a little more private to discuss things?"

Koi could only nod, Tatara gesturing them forth as they moved away from the masses of people who traveled between parts of the facility, stepping into another, more circular elevator, which slipped even further underground.
    Site 47 | Offices
    The elevator finally reached it's destination, the lighting for the hallway ahead less harsh and sterile, seeming to try and mimic natural lighting. Numerous doors lined the hallway, but they passed each one without hurry, only finally stopping at the final door, it's deep grey nature easily contrasting that of the otherwise white hallway. A short retinal scan later, and the door opened, letting Koi go first. They were slightly hesitant, but as the lights turned on, it revealed a quite cozy looking office. A soft blue coated the walls, the back wall having a whole host of monitors stationed behind a slightly worn wooden desk.

"Have a seat, and we'll begin." Tatara gestured towards one of the leather-bound chairs. Koi promptly sat, sinking into the chair as they figured it was real leather.

"So, where would you like me to start?"

"Wha' do you's wan'?" Koi asked.

Tatara exhaled sharply from their nose as they sat down in their own chair. "To the point, I like that."

"To put it simply, i'm quite interested in you and your former comrades from the Infinite Project, and would be willing to offer lodging, protection, and various other amenities in exchange for you working for us."

"And my job would be?" Koi's voice took a somewhat more serious tone than normal.

"Could be nearly anything, really." Tatara admitted. "We've been expanding in numerous sectors, from our regular jobs of containment or disposal of odd creatures and objects, to security, research into fields both biological and technological, you name a job, I could probably find something close to it here."

"But why offer these things? I dunno' what you've heard, but me n' the rest o' the IPs are pretty much fugitives. That's a big risk." Koi started. "How do you even know 'o us anyways? Government tried pretty hard to keep tha' whole thing under wraps."

Tatara merely chuckled, opening a drawer in their desk, putting several folders on the table. "Koi, you have no idea of how terribly some of these government-owned projects have been run. Combine that with a lot of old connections, and you've got a whole heap of blackmail material just waiting to be used."

"Human experimentation, disregard for all manner of safety, creations consistently rebelling against their creators, and so, so much more." Tatara continued. "I thought government was pretty bad leading up to the war, but looking at it now, it's not much better. In fact, in some ways it's worse."

Koi gestured for one of the folders, Tatara complying. As they read through for a minute or two, the former Infinite could be seen slowly tilting their head as they read. "They.... wowzers."

Tatara could only nod. "As for the offer, we could use some like you. I've got... plans i've been slowly starting to set in motion. We're currently paid by the government for our work in dealing with Infinitus leftovers and the like, but i've been branching out. Private security, assistance with medical and prosthetics research. I want CULL to become fully independent. To be more frank, I want to aim for governmental reform."

Koi could only tilt her head, eyes narrowing at that last statement. "When you say, 'governmental reform'..."

Tatara's own eyes slightly narrowed in on Koi's own. "You very much know what I mean by that."

Koi was silent for a few moments, parsing the right things to say. "I do. Tha's true. But something of that scale..."

"Sounds utterly ridiculous, I know. Maybe even impossible, considering the scale. At least, if we were to do so on our own." Tatara finished. "But we've been on the lookout for allies of all kinds. Those in government who aren't happy with how things are run, various small packets of dissidents, and several firms and companies in the private sector, not that they would admit to such things publicly. I've been planning this out for more than 30 years, Koi. There's still a lot to do."

"And you're tellin' all this to someone you've met not 15 minutes ago..." Koi seemed naturally suspicious. Tatara merely laughed in response.

"I know, I know. Just as ridiculous as the plan. But if there's anyone I can trust to not tell the government, it's those whose lives they've ruined. I want you to trust me here, Koi."

Koi was quiet for a few moments as she simply processed everything, the amount of information boggled her mind. This much, just hidden under the surface? The situation was clearly worse than just the government trying to wrangle a couple of rogue experiments.Even as her eyes kept looking through the documentation, it just spelled badness to the core of it all. Infinite was clearly just one of many, many projects.

Her eyes glanced back up to Tatara, who they noted was still watching intently.

Koi gave a sigh, handing back the folder.

"I's think you raise a lotta' good points." Koi's voice seemingly shifted back to it's normal tone. "I's accept, if only for the protection. As for the... other stuff..."

"You can give that answer to me in time. It is no rush. Regardless, welcome aboard." Tatara gave a smile, holding out a hand. One which Koi firmly shook. "Now, let me see what I can do about housing."

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

As the explosion went off, the soldiers above trying to gain entry would have found the hole they made leading into a straight drop with bits of the ladder leading down blown away as a result of the bomb. The walls down here were made of a thicj concrete with the the wall opposite of the ladder being made of reinforced steel At first glance it would simply look like a dead end with the hole leading to nowhere. The room down there was rather dark, but if someone were to shine a light down there, they might notice that the steel wall wasn't perfectly flat but rather it was slightly rounded.

Meanwhile Alex was making his way to the opposite entrance when Jason posed his question. He paused for just a moment to consider the question. Once he could recall he answered. ("The walls in the cylindrical rooms are made of 10 inch thick steel walls with a titanium core. I'm going to cut them off from the other side and divert their forces away from that entrance. you can come with me or stay behind with them. I'll be fine either way.") he said as he reached the door near the greenhouse. He stepped into the room before turning the walls around him to let himself out the other side

all the while Misaka was now at the door leading into the cylindrical room. She was waiting for Jason to state his intentions, weather he would stay with them or go join Alex.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Break Room

Jason saw that Misaka was about to speak, but at that very instant, the telepath from before contacted everyone, warning that there was an imminent attack. Jason's eyes widened in response. He was right that they would eventually find him, but he didn't know it would be so soon. He looked over to Misaka, who was already headed out the door, then to Jenny. In the back of his mind, he really wanted to say "told you so", but that didn't seem appropriate at the moment. Sadly for him, he didn't know that people could hear him.

("Told you so."), Jason inadvertently broadcasted to the others. Realizing what he had done, Jason clenched his teeth and squinted in regret.

("Yea, yea. Too late now."), Jenny thought before quickly getting up and running to the entrance with Misaka.

It was as Jason slid his helmet over his head when he felt the explosion go off. Given the strength of it, the explosive had to have pierced the entryway nearby. He swiftly stood up and moved for the entrance as he thought.

("Alex, can they get in? How thick is that sphere at the entrance? What is it made of?"), Jason asked Alex. It was all but clear that he intended to help. After all, there was no other choice but to wait and die.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Project Esper | Forest above (A few minutes before)

"Alright, I hope everyone is ready for what you will be facing very soon. I want the majority of the attention focused on Accelerator, but don't be affraid to go a bit after a few others too. Now, I need to be clear about this, we don't know what we'll find down there. Whatever it is, keep going" Ceres said to the soldiers that were standing in front of her, trying to boost their morale as best as possible. "I also want continous updates at all times. If the video feed breaks up, tell me what you see, and who you see down there. I want to know it all" she continued. She wanted an as detailed list of this terrorist organization as possible, both so she could direct people away from the targets to preserve, and for future information.

A few minutes later, the bombs in the ground that had been planted a few hours ago to break down into the bunker went off. After the rubble was cleared, the soldiers began pouring into one of the corridors.

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

At first, she didn't realize he was speaking to her until he turned to face her, causing her to look up to face him, then she heard the last words that came out of his mouth and he didn't have to even finish the sentence before her smile quickly appeared on her face.

((He actually asked me?! That is actually very rare for him to ask, did he actually miss me?))

She started to stumble through her words "I...I..." But quickly regained her composure and looked towards him with a more goofy grin, and that is where it started.

She started to talk about a bunch of different things that seemed completely off topic, but she then dropped something that seemed alot more intentional than the other things she spoke about.

"Oh yeah! I before I came to see you, I ended up spotting a whooole buncha trees crashing quite a ways away from you guys! it was coool! Almost as if there was some really strong people fighting in the distance!!!" She exclaims before continuing, only briefly mentioning after a bit she was doing good.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47

Bandit didn't quite know how to respond to Tatara. For one it did sound like some kind of compliment, and her assuring him that the people of this place will try to figure out what he is did make Bandit feel a bit better.
    Even then he was still a little nervous as he nodded and began following Soane.

As he followed Soane, Bandit got a little curious. "So who was that lady exactly? She seemed... nice enough." He asked out of curiosity, but also to help take his mind off the thought of them poking him with lots of needles.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47
    Tatara merely smiled at Bandit's question about themselves, an inquistive edge to it increasing as they spoke about their lack of memory. "That's what we're interested in as well. I've never quite seen anything like you before, and considering how much I have seen over my years of work here, that's fairly impressive. As for things going fast, you need not worry, we can go slowly if you wish. We can also see about washing those clothes of yours, if you'd like. I would imagine they have seen better days."

The woman looked over to Soane. "Soane, would you take our cloudy friend down to the labs? I have much to discuss with Koi."

Soane simply gave a nod, beginning to move somewhat before gesturing towards Bandit. "Come along."

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Living Area

"EVE"RYONE!" Raina spoke in the minds of Jason and everyone else currently in the bunker. "There are foot soldiers outside. The forest keeps us safe from tanks an air strikes but they'll be upon us any moment now. This is not a drill, battle stations everyone!"

It looked like Misaka was about to say something else to Jason, but all whatever it was would have to wait until later. "Damn it..." the girl cursed as she quickly got up.and headed for one of the exits

("Raina are we all connected?") the familiar voice of Alex played through everyone's mind.

"Affirmative"

"Good, Stalker head to the front entrance with push and railgun. Get them outside quietly. All non combatants grab a weapon, get to the rec room and wait it out. Jason... I've no right to ask you for help, but if you want to fight then meat me at the far exit, I'm going to draw the enemy's fire."

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Break Room

Jason looked over with a slightly confused look as Misaka giggled, but that look softened with the passing of a sigh.

"Misaka? Why wouldn't they have attacked the place if they knew you were here? From my guess, they don't, otherwise they would have dropped a bunker buster and carpet-bombed the whole place. At the very least, they would try and use attrition warfare to whittle you down until you had to leave.", Jason calmly said with crossed arms, "I trust you all are very capable, but they are an entire military. It won't just be a couple hundred soldiers and trucks. You will have to contend with 20mm cannons, tanks, drone strikes, and whatever other science projects the government has cooking up."

It took but just a moment, but he was now leaning forward in his seat, just a tiny bit closer to Misaka. He didn't seem angry, he didn't seem annoyed. He just looked tired.

"Listen. I know it's going to be a long road for me, but it'll be even longer if my actions led to you and everyone else here being captured and killed. I don't want anyone dying for my sake... If I leave in an hour, there should still be enough time before they manage to triangulate my previous location, brief their soldiers, and get boots on the ground. Just sit tight, and you won't get into any trouble.", Jason said.

Jennifer listened closely, and by this point, she was trying to think whether or not Jason was really right. It seemed to make enough sense, but to just wander off on his own would likely be suicide. It was then when Jenny quickly spoke with Raina.

("Raina, do they really know we're here? Do you think he's right?")

Leave a comment:

Working...
X