Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Break Room

Misaka couldn't help bit give a small giggle at Jason's reasoning, putting her hand over her mouth as she tried not to seem disrespectful. His intentions were noble, but something about what he said made her giggle. "Oh don't worry about that. We're already harboring an Alex. One more flight risk won't crash us. Besides, if anyone does come here, I'm pretty sure we can handle it." she said, sounding not smug, but very assuring.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jenny knew that Raina wasn't wrong in her observation and swallowed in response.

("It's wrong. Even for them, it's wrong... Later we should meet up with the New Republic and see if they have any leads on this."), Jenny thought with a concerned look on her face.

When Jason heard Misaka's offer to help, his gaze shot up to her in slight surprise, but eased a moment later as he thought about the consequences. After a long silence, he gave a sigh and shut his eyes for but a few seconds before his weary gaze met the two girls in front of him.

"I don't know where she is... Thank you.. for offering me a hand, but I can't.", Jason finally said, sitting a little straighter from his hunched position.

To this, Jenny's brows crinkled in confusion.

"But why? It would be easier if you had a little help.", Jenny said, voicing her concern.

"I am a flight-risk to you.", Jason responded, a little saddened but adamant as he spoke.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Oceans of cali

013 sighed as he spoke in response. "And there is a difference between being annoyed and on alert. Right now I'm just trying to think and form a report of the failure of a mission my team just went through. All the while trying to get some sort of rest as we wait until we arrive at our next destination. So don't think I'm not on alert. I still am. Just trying to take it easy." 013 replied as he turned to face Senna's direction. ". . . So... how uh... how have you been. . .?"

Site 47

As Soane explained the situation. What they were going to do with him mainly, made Bandit feel... well not really welcomed, but at the least appreciated the honesty. "Well I'm wondering what exactly I am as well, so I guess some tests' will be fine. I suppose..." Bandit explained as he rubbed the back of his head. Secretly hoping most of the tests won't have much to do with sharp pointy things. Mainly needles. Though as he was thinking of what the tests and experiments will be like, he heard another person quickly approaching them. At first he tensed up, almost wanting to hide behind Koi. Though when this 'Commander' began speaking and didn't seem too mean, Bandit eased up.

"Um... no problem Ma'am. I ain't too overwhelmed. Heh... Then again I don't have much in the memory department aside from sewers. A lot of things here are kinda new experiences as far as I can remember. Though things are still goin' a little fast for me. . ."

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Misaka could feel her chest tensing up as if a heavy wight had been sat on it. Her face shifted into a sorrowful look of concern. Misaka was silent for a moment, trying to process what she has just heard. In many ways this Jason boy was no different from her or Alex. They too had lost, family due to the government's cruelty. She felt really sorry for him, and yet she couldn't think of any words that could possibly sooth the pain he was no doubt keeping bottled up inside. She had seen it enough from Alex to know when a boy was doing it.

It took her a moment to respond, but she did eventually think of something she could say. "Do you know where your sister was taken? We have some contacts that might be able to help you find her. It's not much but... I want to help you if I can."

Meanwhile in Jenny's mind. Raina gave an affirmative that she was indeed watching. "It's sad but that's pretty normal around here. Not trying to sound heartless or anything, I've just gotten used to it."

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason was about to speak, but wasn't even able to open his mouth as his gaze seemed to lower to his plate. Truth be told, it was hard to fully remember. It had been so long since he had seen it, and the only thing he could remember was the fields of grain and his house. The more he thought about it, the harder it was not to keep his mind off the fact that his father was in prison or dead, and his mother faded into obscurity. His sister... His sister was kidnapped too. She wasn't brought with him, which meant that they might have either sent her to another project, which meant that she was either dead, barely holding on, or a shell of what she used to be.

A pit formed in Jason's stomach as the thought whizzed by, how his father was likely beaten and treated poorly, how his sister was likely experimented on, just like he was. Did they still remember him? Although Jason wouldn't admit it to anyone else, he was worried about his family, and what they would think of him.

"I can't remember my home very well. I...", Jason said as he gazed up at Misaka and Jennifer. The look in his eyes were a bit more somber, his voice a little quieter but still quite audible.

"I was only six when they took me.. and my sister."

Jenny was calmly listening until now, but when Jason had said that he was kidnapped, her eyes widened in shock. She knew the government was not afraid to stoop low to achieve their goals, but kidnapping children? It was then when she thought to Raina, hoping to get her input.

("Are you hearing this right now?"), Jenny asked her. Meanwhile, Jenny looked over towards Misaka rather grimly.
    Last edited by S121; 01-21-2019, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Misaka seemed a bit worried, at least until Jason mentioned that last bit about home. She was surprised that someone like him even had a home to go back too, but she was relived that he had somewhere to return. "Ah you have a home then? I hope you get there safely!" she said while beaming at him with a genuine smile. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your home like? Do you have any family?"

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason was actually a little perplexed by Misaka's concern for him. It was unusual for anyone to really worry about him, especially with him being this experimental super soldier, but it actually felt... nice. What he said next was nothing he hadn't said before, the only thing he added was how he planned to get there.

"Not really. I was planning on sticking to the wilderness until I make it home.", Jason said.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Misaka was paying close attention to Jason's expressions as he spoke, thus noticing the contemplative and then grim looks he was giving. Hearing that he had been brainwashed and knowing how young he was, Misaka came to a realization of her own. She had to word this very carefully. She knew Jason didnt' exactly trust her yet and she didn't want to seem like she was fishing for information. "That's awful. Do you have anywhere to go? I hate to think of you being lost and alone out there."

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Oceans of cali
    She seemed unfazed by the words her brother had said before, she was knew he mighta said something along those lines, everyone does that. She walks out from behind her cover and simply gives a toothy grin as she looks at 013.
    "But you need to keep on alert in these kind of situations! An enemy could be right behind you and you wouldn't want that right brother?"Is all she said before she came forward and flashed a hint of a worried face, quickly going back to cheerful in a very quick manner. She smiles and starts to analyze the situation that they were just in, if she had not been there, lord knows what could've happened with that blob that was on it's way. And the fact that the AI was still active perturbed her quite alot, the fact she was still active is an anomaly. The government should've honest to god deactivated her, so why didn't they?

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

"Now that I think about it, it could have been worse. It wasn't that I was horribly abused or tortured or anything, but I was mostly treated like a machine. It wasn't until a few years after the brainwashing that they started to trust me.", Jason responded. The armored boy seemed rather distracted as he said this, looking down at what was his breakfast. Thinking back to him growing up in the facility felt almost like a dream, some kind of waking nightmare. It was all the more reason why he needed to find his family. He was not about to let the ones who kidnapped him just get away with everything and sweep his family under the carpet.

Jason looked rather grim as these thoughts came to mind, as if there was something rather heavy weighing on his mind. It could only be see briefly, as he had caught himself dwelling on it and corrected his behavior. He wanted to at least appear approachable to these new people.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Misaka chewed her food for a moment before swallowing again. After listening to what he had to say, she felt a bit bad for him. She was also curious however. "Sounds like they were pretty strict. We're they at least nice to you?" she asked, showing genuine empathy towards the mysterious Jason's past.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Thanks to his enhanced reaction time, as they talked, Jason began to notice that Misaka seemed to always swiftly avert her eyes every time his own glances caught her in view. Not only that, but it seemed she was really friendly. It didn't make him feel uncomfortable or anything, but he did have a suspicion in the back of his mind. He thought about it a bit as he chewed his bacon, but would wait before coming to any conclusions.

"I guess this is pretty nice. To be honest, it's oddly.. calming here. No cameras or armed guards.", Jason admitted, gently swaying his free hand over the span of a few inches, as if to emphasize the calm.

Jenny smiled and rolled her eyes at Raina's mental response, but suddenly stopped when she heard Jason speak of where he was from. Finally, maybe they would be able to learn a little bit about this mysterious guy. Again, she stayed quiet for Misaka's sake, but she did lean in a little, curious about what they were going to say.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Misaka gave a rather cute giggle at what Jason said. Who knew the big scary soldier had a sense of humor? "Yeah, I'm sorry about yesterday." she said, still smiling ear to ear. "But I am glad we found you. I know you have to leave soon but it's nice having company for once." The friendly girl took a bite out of her eggs this time, swallowing them after only a few chews. The way she kept glancing over at Jason whenever she thought he wasn't looking made it clear as day, to Jenny at least, but would Jason pick up on her subtleties?

Meanwhile, upon hearing Jenny's thought message to her, Raina responded not with words, but with a simple image. for just a moment, Jenny could see, smell and hear Niagara falls

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason took notice of how this girl seemed quite a bit friendlier than before. In fact, despite the fact that he DID have a revolver pointed at her head yesterday, she seemed to be in quite the good mood. At least there was no ill tension between her and himself. The moment Misaka mentioned Alex, Jason gave a soft huff as he looked over to the electric esper.

"Well if he tried to introduce himself with dinner, maybe things would have turned out a bit differently.", Jason quipped with a small smile. After that, he took a bite of his own pancakes.

Meanwhile, Jenny could see that Misaka was already taking the lead in the conversation. It was rather rare to see Misaka take the initiative, so Jenny opted to sit on the sidelines for now. It seemed that Misaka was quite taken with this boy.

("Hey Raina, are you seeing this?"), Jenny thought to her telepathic companion.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

"I'm glad." Misaka said, a big grin on her face as she brought her food and drink to the seat next to Jason's She poured her sweet syrup all over her pancakes before putting a fork inside. she too the first bite, a happy grin on her face as she seemed to be in a rather good mood all of a sudden. "Mmm you wouldn't think it by looking at him but Alex is actually a pretty good cook." she said as she turned to look at him once more. Jason's relaxed tone didn't go unnoticed by Misaka, and she hoped to make the best of it, maybe learn more about this new boy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X